Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

So HAPPY to have my BAR back!!:wub::heart::blush:  Now if they would just populate it with more choices for emoticons!

Thank you @oyashirazu and @krysyuy for your comments regarding the possible actors in Criminal Minds.  I hope we can know soon so we can debate more in depth.  

Are live-shoot dramas really that bad?  

In the meantime, @40somethingahjumma posted her insights into Episode 15 & 16 of MLSHR in that thread.  Check them out if you haven't been doing so!  She brought up an interesting dynamic that made my brain swell a bit.  She highlighted the Wolf/Dog theme in MLSHR and specifically the character of Wang So.  But it started me thinking.  

Wolf & Dog Theme:  Man, I am starting to believe that this is a favorite theme for Lee Joon Gi.  His role as Wang So had those obvious Wolf/Dog Wild/Tamed/Obedient/Subserviant/Dominate(d) range depicted throughout. His role as Lee Soo-Hyun (dog/wolf?)/Kay (wolf/dog?) in Time Between Dog & Wolf also tackles the theme of how a man handles what life deals him and the perception of good vs.evil.  Heck, even his Scholar Who Walks the Night character struggles with being a "good" vampire/(tamed beast/human).  Now I can see it in his character in Joseon Gunman as well.   Park Yoon-Kang/Hanjo.  And maybe even a bit with Arang & the Magistrate.  He seems to like to play characters that have an internal struggle with the perceived notions of what a good/evil man does to survive/thrive in their current world. 

What do you all think?  

• Like 11

9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

So HAPPY to have my BAR back!!:wub::heart::blush:  Now if they would just populate it with more choices for emoticons!

Thank you @oyashirazu and @krysyuy for your comments regarding the possible actors in Criminal Minds.  I hope we can know soon so we can debate more in depth.  

Are live-shoot dramas really that bad?  

In the meantime, @40somethingahjumma posted her insights into Episode 15 & 16 of MLSHR in that thread.  Check them out if you haven't been doing so!  She brought up an interesting dynamic that made my brain swell a bit.  She highlighted the Wolf/Dog theme in MLSHR and specifically the character of Wang So.  But it started me thinking.  

Wolf & Dog Theme:  Man, I am starting to believe that this is a favorite theme for Lee Joon Gi.  His role as Wang So had those obvious Wolf/Dog Wild/Tamed/Obedient/Subserviant/Dominate(d) range depicted throughout. His role as Lee Soo-Hyun (dog/wolf?)/Kay (wolf/dog?) in Time Between Dog & Wolf also tackles the theme of how a man handles what life deals him and the perception of good vs.evil.  Heck, even his Scholar Who Walks the Night character struggles with being a "good" vampire/(tamed beast/human).  Now I can see it in his character in Joseon Gunman as well.   Park Yoon-Kang/Hanjo.  And maybe even a bit with Arang & the Magistrate.  He seems to like to play characters that have an internal struggle with the perceived notions of what a good/evil man does to survive/thrive in their current world. 

What do you all think?  

I agree with the Wolf/Dog theme. He also love fighting for freedom and protecting the weak.  

Liveshoot is bad. Though not many actors would voice out their concerns maybe becuase of the the fear of losing potential projects.  But there was this controversy in the Masked Prosecutor drama. So from then I thought I will never support liveshoot productions. It's only advantageous for the producers as they don't need to shell out big capital as they would be earning as the production go but disadvantageous to the actors and crews. 

Btw, I have this thought about LJG kind of weird*. I think LJG is a thinker. He may look goofy and funny on the outside but he is actually not that easy to fathom in the inside. He is a visionary type of guy I guess. I can't help myself but wanting to be with him in whatever he envisioned.  Somehow I want him to pursue and be successful in movie production. 

P.S. *Sorry if it sounds like I said LJG is weird. I mean my thought is weird because why I would I think about someone in depth... his personality... what he has to achieve. It is my first going ga ga with an actor by the way and my first joining a forum.  So I still find this spending too much time for a celebrity. But I really admire LJG. huhuhuhu

• Like 16

On 2/3/2017 at 5:05 PM, pixelsticks said:

What would be interesting to me would be to know what roles JG wanted but didn't get.  I know that will probably never be released.   Maybe in an interview when he is in his 60s. :)  

Ok...I see some people are using the old emoticons.  My BAR at the top of the post page does not have that option anymore.  The smiley face you see is me typing a colon and a paranthesis.  Has this happened to anybody else?

This may have to suffice until I get some back! 

That's really interesting. Although I have difficult to imagine LJK NOT getting a part.

Thank you everyone who share pictures and videos

• Like 11

8 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Chingu:) this i liked the most

Oh  yeah - this hairstyle, clothes like army suit and I'm done. :wub:

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Joon Gi is v. good at portraying characters that are somewhere between good and evil. Kay was like that and Wang So at some point too. It's a challenging thing to play. :)

• Like 13

@lisethvr  Are any of these translated?  It looks like LGJ and Shin Min Ah had quite the fun interaction while filming the series.  She had no qualms about laughing with him or hitting him, or responding to his own quirks with overt ones of her own.  It was nice to see.  

5 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Btw, I have this thought about LJG kind of weird. I think LJG is a thinker. He may look goofy and funny on the outside but he is actually not that easy to fathom in the inside. He is a visionary type of guy I guess. I can't help myself but wanting to be with him in whatever he envisioned.  Somehow I want him to pursue and be successful in movie production. 

THIS...I know a few people like this. I can see this. 

It's getting quiet in here.  We need JG to announce his project or something.  :wink:

REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR JG:

http://nanshen.ddyule.cn/  Every 30 minutes while online (Click the dark blue characters under his pic) - He seems to be #1 today!

http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-men-in-the-world-2017-poll/?fv-page=2  Once Daily - Page 2 still!

I was trying to get him on the list of Most Handsome Vampires, but they haven't accepted my submission. 

I thought this was great!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

@lisethvr  Are any of these translated?  It looks like LGJ and Shin Min Ah had quite the fun interaction while filming the series.  She had no qualms about laughing with him or hitting him, or responding to his own quirks with overt ones of her own.  It was nice to see.  

THIS...I know a few people like this. I can see this. 

It's getting quiet in here.  We need JG to announce his project or something.  :wink:

I think not, at least I haven't found that any of these BTS have been translated. I would like to know what Sato and Arang talk about in the first video, I wish they hadn't deleted that scene from the drama.

I love these pictures :wub:

886bee9agy1fc6o00nkjdg20b10b2u0z.gif

886bee9agy1fc6o01y8cdg209w09ux6q.gif

• Like 12

@pixelsticks Did I sound like I like I said LJG is weird? Sorry if I did.

I mean my thoughts are weird. Why would I bother so much about celebrity and what he wants to achieve. It's my first time going ga ga over an actor & first time to join a forum btw.

But LJG, I really admire him. I really like his focused and to what he wants to achieve. On top of that, he has this range of talents to back up the amazing things he wants to do.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

I agree with the Wolf/Dog theme. He also love fighting for freedom and protecting the weak.

Btw, I have this thought about LJG kind of weird*. I think LJG is a thinker. He may look goofy and funny on the outside but he is actually not that easy to fathom in the inside. He is a visionary type of guy I guess. I can't help myself but wanting to be with him in whatever he envisioned.  Somehow I want him to pursue and be successful in movie production. 

P.S. *Sorry if it sounds like I said LJG is weird. I mean my thought is weird because why I would I think about someone in depth... his personality... what he has to achieve. It is my first going ga ga with an actor by the way and my first joining a forum.  So I still find this spending too much time for a celebrity. But I really admire LJG. huhuhuhu

Weird is good. Weird is interesting. Weird people don't conform to what is dictated as normal. For them it's more of quality over quantity. So if you say Joon Ki is "kind of weird", then it's good because he really does think about everything. And also, being deep is better than being shallow. 

I'd have to agree with you on that one, he seems to like that whole "fighting for freedom and protecting the weak" thing. I haven't seen all of Joon Ki's doramas/movies, but Wang So, Kim Eun Oh and Kim Sung Yeol does share this characteristic. 

11 hours ago, Maral said:

That's really interesting. Although I have difficult to imagine LJK NOT getting a part.

Well being an actor is still a job and having to go through auditions/castings is like going to a job interview. An actor not getting accepted could mean that they don't meet the qualifications or simply, said actor is not the right actor for the job. So in short, Joon Ki not getting a part doesn't mean he's not good enough. It just means that the casting department thinks that there's someone else that's more suitable for said role. 

• Like 11

@Uniform Victory @pixelsticks if you look at this video, it is normal for taekwando students learn parkour as well. But in Malaysia  I am very sure our taekwando lesson does not include parkour since I am also practicing taekwando. It is more to sport and recreation activity. Maybe they do things differently in Korea I dunno. Maybe parkour is part of their taekwando syllabus, I am not sure either. But one thing for sure, Jun Ki did learn it. 

I agreee with pixelsticks regards to his physical talent when his was 20's. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, yhiyori1221 said:

Well being an actor is still a job and having to go through auditions/castings is like going to a job interview. An actor not getting accepted could mean that they don't meet the qualifications or simply, said actor is not the right actor for the job. So in short, Joon Ki not getting a part doesn't mean he's not good enough. It just means that the casting department thinks that there's someone else that's more suitable for said role. 

I don't think at LJGs level he still auditioned for a role. He is usually offered and make a counter offer if he is interested or accept if he fully agrees on the terms or decline if he is not interested at all. If the production still insist on casting him they may issue a second offer.

Even in in his two recent movies, he was invited, which he rejected both offers initially. He may have received attractive second offers from both productions that made him accept both roles. What amazes me more, both were foreign productions.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 16

@pixelsticks Yeah, I keep thinking to myself that it's such a waste that he hasn't starred in a full-on action movie yet. My favorite action sequences are mostly stuff he's done in his thirties though - Arang (when he fights Muyoung for the hairpin), Gunman (the scene where he thwarts an assassination attempt) and SHR (the temple scene). Maybe it's because he has more experience and gets to have more say in his action scenes now.

I'm not sure if this has been shared before: https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2017/02/04/january-2017-elle-lee-joon-gi-good-neighbor-interview/ his thoughts on his relationship with his fans is so sweet, but I was a little taken aback that it sounds like he doesn't consider himself a star, wonder if there's something lost in translation there :blink:.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, yhiyori1221 said:

Weird is good. Weird is interesting. Weird people don't conform to what is dictated as normal. For them it's more of quality over quantity. So if you say Joon Ki is "kind of weird", then it's good because he really does think about everything. And also, being deep is better than being shallow. 

I'd have to agree with you on that one, he seems to like that whole "fighting for freedom and protecting the weak" thing. I haven't seen all of Joon Ki's doramas/movies, but Wang So, Kim Eun Oh and Kim Sung Yeol does share this characteristic. 

You totally misunderstood me. I meant I feel I am weird for liking LJG too much. It's my first time to become a big fan of someone much less getting involve in a forum.  :):) But seeing you guys here, well I am not alone.  What's not to love about him anyway.  He is exceptionally adorable. ahhh It's really Wang So's fault that I am here. :) 

Btw, I have watched all his drama's and movies.. well except his movie May 18. I did a crazy marathon of all his works in this last few months.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, junejungki said:

Maybe they do things differently in Korea I dunno. Maybe parkour is part of their taekwando syllabus, I am not sure either. But one thing for sure, Jun Ki did learn it. 

Parkour is that high kick like in the video? I don't know, I never practiced taek won do. The video is amazing. What those guys (and some girls too as I've noticed) can do... it's really impressive.

Bet Joon Gi had to learn those stuff too since he's master.

4 hours ago, liongurl said:

but I was a little taken aback that it sounds like he doesn't consider himself a star, wonder if there's something lost in translation there :blink:.

It's not suprising to me. I believe there's a reason why he signs himself always as "real actor". Being a star doesn't mean being an actor and I think Joon Gi wants to be an actor more than being a star - stars like fade away v. quickly.

27 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

I meant I feel I am weird for liking LJG too much. It's my first time to become a big fan of someone much less getting involve in a forum.  :):)

Think that you adore really cool person. :)

• Like 15

On 2/4/2017 at 9:11 PM, Uniform Victory said:

@pixelsticks Did I sound like I like I said LJG is weird? Sorry if I did.

I mean my thoughts are weird. Why would I bother so much about celebrity and what he wants to achieve. It's my first time going ga ga over an actor & first time to join a forum btw.

But LJG, I really admire him. I really like his focused and to what he wants to achieve. On top of that, he has this range of talents to back up the amazing things he wants to do.

I didn't mean to call or think of you or JG  as weird. :) But then again, I've always enjoyed the motto..."let your freak flag fly"  - https://definingwonderland.com/2012/07/17/let-your-freak-flag-fly/  I can appreciate those that don't worry about being themselves. 

On 2/5/2017 at 11:23 AM, cedarwood said:

Parkour is that high kick like in the video? I don't know, I never practiced taek won do. The video is amazing. What those guys (and some girls too as I've noticed) can do... it's really impressive.

Parkour is an activity where one runs, jumps, climbs, swings, rolls through complex environments.  There are many videos on youtube of some amazing parkour athletes.  Their lack of fear with jumping between buildings, off cliffs,climbing walls etc. is breathtaking. I call it Environmental Gymnastics.

On 2/4/2017 at 7:38 PM, lisethvr said:

I think not, at least I haven't found that any of these BTS have been translated. I would like to know what Sato and Arang talk about in the first video, I wish they hadn't deleted that scene from the drama.

I love these pictures :wub:

Well darn, because it looks like she is definetly admiring him in the Magistrate costume.  He did look good in it!  

On 2/5/2017 at 6:48 AM, liongurl said:

@pixelsticks Yeah, I keep thinking to myself that it's such a waste that he hasn't starred in a full-on action movie yet. My favorite action sequences are mostly stuff he's done in his thirties though - Arang (when he fights Muyoung for the hairpin), Gunman (the scene where he thwarts an assassination attempt) and SHR (the temple scene). Maybe it's because he has more experience and gets to have more say in his action scenes now.

I'm not sure if this has been shared before: https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2017/02/04/january-2017-elle-lee-joon-gi-good-neighbor-interview/ his thoughts on his relationship with his fans is so sweet, but I was a little taken aback that it sounds like he doesn't consider himself a star, wonder if there's something lost in translation there :blink:.

I do enjoy his action sequences in his dramas, don't get me wrong!  And thanks for the article.  

JG seems to post his IG photos when it's near midnight my time.  LOL  

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

JG seems to post his IG photos when it's near midnight my time.  LOL  

Midnight here, lunch time over there =9 I notices that too. 

@lisethvr thank you so much for those Satto videos! kyaaaa!! <3 <3 <3 

On 2017-02-04 at 10:51 AM, Uniform Victory said:

He did Parkour in that CF. Is he proficient in that discipline as well?  I am curious of what else he can do. 

JG is full of surprises :love:

On 2017-02-04 at 10:59 AM, pixelsticks said:

Yey! Im glad you have them back =D

• Like 8