Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

(ENG translation) Lee Joon Gi’s Interview for Allure Korea, December 2020

NIGHT IS TENDER, LEE JOON GI

58f10c50d8294e743c5662876c5db8acfcdddfa3

Actor Lee Joon Gi is just never satisfied. It’s only been a month since <Flower of Evil> ended, but he is already thinking about what to do next.

Allure – It’s so great to see you again.

JG – How long has it been? Has it been about 3 years? When was it we went to Canada?

Allure – Speaking of which, I still vividly remember this from our photoshoot in Canada. We were told it’s a dry area like a desert, but it suddenly started raining and everyone was befuddled. But you said you were fine and didn’t care; that it didn’t matter if we were shooting in the rain or if we were going to have to stay longer. As an editor, I found it very reassuring.

JG – It’s not like I got caught in the rain alone. Everyone would be equally affected by the rain during the shoot. Just right at the time, though, I had this feeling that the photos would turn out great. That pictorial is one of the top 5 favorites among my fans.

Allure – The 2016 pictorial was entitled ‘Welcome Spring, Wish You Great Luck,’ and your drama became a hit.

JG – That’s also among the top 5 pictorials! It was right before I started filming <Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo>. I was worried because I had put on some weight, but the photos turned out so great. <Allure> never disappoints. The moment I walked into the studio today, I was already in high spirits.

Allure – I can’t tell if you’re telling me the truth, but I am very grateful to hear that. (Laughs) Anyway, I’ve known you for 10 years, but you have never changed. No matter where you are, you are always passionate and kind to everyone on set, and still there’s no news of you getting married.

JG – I have nothing to say to that… It’s not like I don’t want to get married. I get asked a lot about getting married, and I do think a lot about it, as well, but…

Allure – When you reach a certain age, doesn’t it occur to you that it’s not just about you not wanting to get married, but also about not being able to get married?

JG – Exactly. I’m beginning to think that I might not be able to get married, but I want to when I find the person I’m destined to meet. I think more and more about it now that my latest drama made me feel the warmth of a family.

Allure – When I first watched <Flower of Evil> on TV, you were hanging from this apartment balcony.

JG –  You thought ‘that person’s at it again,’ didn’t you? Once the shoot begins, I don’t feel like this is my own body. I shot the scene in three parts: I was actually hanging from a real apartment building; I also shot it indoors; and we shot it on an outdoor set we’d created.

2d4957172dd09feab193ff9b996d5e58813c0c57

Allure – From then onwards, I watched it when it actually aired. As a viewer, I thought it was a great drama. What did you think from an actor’s point of view?

JG – I hadn’t done such a great drama in a while. I know that I can’t be satisfied with my work every time, but this is the project where I accomplished a certain goal of mine.

Allure – Certain goal of yours? What was that?

JG – Doing a project where I could stay focused until the very end of it and which kept viewers curious. My goal has always been doing a great work that both can convince viewers and is meaningful to me. It takes many different elements to coalesce well to produce this one result, so it cannot be perfect all the time. Sometimes, you get distracted and end up with a disappointing outcome, but for this drama, the director, the actors, the production staff all worked so well together so we kept going all the way like that to the very end. Because of them, I could feel more comfortable and focus solely on my own acting. When I was first offered <Flower of Evil>, I was not going to do it. Because I thought it was too difficult.

Allure – What convinced you then?

JG – The director is very famous for his great directing skills. I thought I was not really good enough to express the depth of my character. I didn’t have the experience of having my own family, either. The director also had some doubts about me, but after watching all my works, he said he was convinced that he could show a new version of Lee Joon Gi. He said that this drama is definitely unique and difficult, but it would be a special project where we would leave one another with something [special].

Allure – And it happened exactly as he wished it would.

JG – I think the director gained confidence while preparing this drama with the writer for a long time. He was sufficiently confident that he could get us to bring out different sides of one another and show viewers a drama they’d never seen before. Ultimately, he made a great drama and had faith in us. Watching him putting in so much hard work to bring everything into harmony, I realized that he wasn’t just ‘director Kim Chul Gyu’ for nothing.

Allure – In fact, we’d been talking about having this interview and photoshoot since August. I heard the filming kept getting delayed, right?

JG – Originally, the drama was supposed to wrap up no later than mid-August. But we had Covid-19, a rainy season, and a typhoon, so we ended up filming for 7 months until September. But I am so glad we could finish it safely despite all the difficulties.

Allure – Maybe that’s why the actors had such great chemistry. You were great with Moon Chae Won, who played your wife, but your chemistry with Seo Hyun Woo, who played ‘Moojin,’ was so great, too.

JG – I think Hyunwoo made a huge contribution to creating the character of Do Hyun Soo early in the drama. Of course it is important for actors to focus on their own characters, but at the end of the day, you need reactions from your co-stars that support and make your performance shine, and he did such a great job in that regard. In the beginning of the drama, I had to look like a real psychopath. Early on, Hyunwoo helped me a lot in building my character by giving me great reactions. Early in the drama, I was supposed to look expressionless and emotionless, so I was very limited in expressing my character.

Allure – You always play roles who suffer physically or emotionally. Even when you play a prince. It’s not like you enjoy the suffering, do you?

JG – Now, it’s like an addiction… (Laughs) They say Lee Joon Gi is the personification of blood, sweat, tears. I guess [earning] that kind of epithet… is good. I want to do things where typically others try to take it easy, when I am still brimming with passion both physically and mentally.

Allure – Once again, you had so many physically demanding scenes in this drama. Are you okay using your body like that? I get lower back pain at work when I’m close to the deadline.

JG – Strangely, I don’t get sick.. yet. (Laughs) The mind rules the body. You should keep reminding yourself, ‘I am like in my 20s! I can do it! I have only just started! I’m starting afresh!’

Allure – You sound like my mother…

JG – Haha! When I’m at work, I want to pursue fun and stay cheerful. Instead of getting overwhelmed by stress and not being able to show what I want to do and then regretting it later, I want to have fun at work while showing people all I’ve got. If I can cheer up the staff that way when they’re exhausted, then it’s a win-win for both of us. Taking care of your body is also important. I practiced jiu jitsu so hard for two years, but this year I was forced to take a break. This year I couldn’t do enough to take care of my body. But there’s nothing I can do because everyone is having a hard time.

Allure – That’s why there’s this notion that you always play passionate roles and are great at giving very tense performances. But in <Flower of Evil>, you got to balance it out. Wasn’t it the kind of role that actor Lee Joon Gi needed most?

JG – Everyone around me wanted me to choose that kind of role. I also thought I needed it. <Flower of Evil> put a lot of pressure on me, but I wanted to let go of some of the eagerness I had. This time, I didn’t watch any monitors [on set] at all. Instead, I focused on manifesting the character inside of me more by doing enough rehearsals on set.

Allure – Rehearsals? Like in a play or musical?

JG – It’s about creating many different things based on the script before the shoot began. It’s when the actors try out the things they prepared before coming to the set. Normally, we roughly work out details of how we move before the actual shoot begins. But [for this drama] we were sort of filling in the gaps through the rehearsals, like getting serious and doing things properly. Actually, that’s the right way to go.

Allure – Do Hyun Soo believes he doesn’t have emotions, but he actually does. You had to highlight that subtlety. How did you approach your role?

JG – I had no idea at all about when Do Hyun Soo would start feeling emotions during filming. When will these emotions unlock? I was waiting for that moment as well with each passing episode. I kept imagining the past stories this character has while waiting. If I got greedy and let in even a tiny bit of my eagerness, I could have upset the balance of my character. Also, characteristically, the drama is not filmed in chronological order, so I paid a bit more attention to staying focused on my character.

b4e6dca9aeccccbbb47aa9db0c9f3d0541de7ae8

Allure – What scene did you find most thrilling?

JG – In the heart of those emotions unlocking and exploding, there is Jiwon (played by Moon Chae Won). I spent a whole month thinking about it after receiving the script: Should I just cry desperately, or should I hang on to it desperately, letting it play out longer. I thought, when Hyunsoo felt this emotion he had never felt before in his life, he would cry like a newborn baby. When viewers watching the scene felt the stirring [of the emotion] and sadness along with him, so when I connected with the viewers and convinced them, it was really thrilling.

Allure – Actors normally give interviews right before their project begins or right after. Which do you like better?

JG –  Those are two completely different things. When I do interviews before a project begins, there’s a mix of anticipation, wanting to promote the project, and a great deal of fear. When I do interviews after the project has ended, I get to recap the things I was satisfied with because I was able to focus on myself or the things I was not satisfied with. If I fell short, then I’d start thinking about things I have to do after [the project]. I feel like emptying it all out. Or when I feel too distressed or empty, doing works like this [photoshoots] fills me up. Last night, I couldn’t sleep well either.

Allure – I hear nowadays viewers watch dramas while chatting in real time, am I right? Suppose you reply to comments like ‘Lee Joon Gi always does a good job’ anonymously, what would you say?

JG –  ‘Lee Joon Gi IS “뭔들” (there isn’t anything he can’t do).’ I love compliments. I love it when I receive compliments. I can’t pay attention to the talk [live chat on the Naver drama channel] while watching the drama, but I do check the talk when the broadcast starts and when it ends. When I see the talk [chat] room getting all active, then I say to myself, ‘Ah, today’s episode was great, too.’ This time I enjoyed the drama a lot as well.

Allure – I guess you should work with the Flower of Evil Team again on your next project.

JG – I already told them, let’s do another project. Haha.

Allure – I think it made you more worried about your next project. Do you still worry that you have to show people something new?

JG – I am very obsessed about it [showing people something new]. I had always done at least one project each year, but last year I took a break without doing any project. I was afraid and under a lot of pressure that I’d have to show people a new side of me. Because when I do a project where I can put my talent to good use, I might end up being a parody of myself. Now that there are a wider variety of types of consumers and platforms, some people told me that it’s important I shouldn’t take a break. Then there are also people who told me, just as you unknowingly get your clothes wet in drizzle, I should just keep working to narrow this disconnect between me and people. So I ended up spending the whole year having all kinds of thoughts. Nowadays, production periods got longer so if I don’t decide fast enough, then the project goes away. Even now, I am feeling very pressured. I am constantly reading scripts, but I haven’t made up my mind yet.

Allure – Still, they say that the profession of acting is about being chosen. What kind of role are you waiting now?

JG – Now that I had so much fun doing this ‘suspense melodrama,’ I want to do [more] melodramas. I want to show you myself in a more comfortable and warmer role, and also want to do a project about beautiful love before I get older. Or, I think now I want to play a really ordinary role where I get to loosen up. In the past, I wanted to surprise viewers when they watched me, even if that meant I got my bones broken and flesh torn. Now I like loosening up more and more. As I get more experience and get older, I think I’ve gotten this desire to do something more natural.

Allure – We had a relaxing vibe to today’s photoshoot as well.

JG – But I was like jumping around today as usual. How come they don’t let me use my body during photoshoots nowadays? They keep telling me to stay still…. (Laughs) I had so much fun doing it so freely today. I’ve been feeling empty and hollow since the drama ended. I think I’m feeling more so about this drama. I guess more so, because it was such a difficult drama.

Allure –  There’s such a thing as trends in photoshoots, as well. (Laughs) You guys made this amazing drama by working hard together, but you can’t do a wrap party or go on a trip due to the current situation. Aren’t you disappointed?

JG – True. All I do now is drinking alcohol alone at home... I can recharge [properly] when there’s something I can manifest, but I cannot do that now. If things were normal, I would be busy preparing for my fan meetings. Or I’d be starting on my next project right away. But this year, there is only very little I can do. That’s why each of these photoshoots is so fun.

Allure – I was told last year it was the longest time you’ve been away from work, except for the military service. Looking back, what do you make of that time?

JG – I think it definitely gave me something: whether it was stimulation, deeper thoughts, or expanding my inner world… I got to thinking, Wasn’t I being too scared doing my work? The more experience I get, the more scared I get. And I constantly get hesitant. But I think those things were useless. So I am not going to do that anymore. While I was on a break, I practiced jiu jitsu hard and earned a colored belt. My greatest accomplishment last year was earning that jiu jitsu belt. When my master put the belt on, saying, “Thank you so much for practicing hard without a break,” I felt even happier than when I won an award.

Allure – Still, there’s a lot more about your private life you don’t let people know. You still don’t want to guest-appear on observational entertainment shows like <I Live Alone>? It could give you the opportunity to show a charming, genuine side of you, don’t you think?

JG – With the camera present, I’d come across as so fake. Instead of being charming, I’d end up being unlikable. I’ve gotten a lot of offers [to appear on such variety shows], but I don’t think I can act natural. I guess when they watch observational programs, viewers think celebrities are human beings after all, but for me, I get comfort watching them, thinking, the lives my peers are living aren’t so different from mine. Like, I’m not alone in living such a non-celebrity life!”

Allure – If you were to appear on <Radio Star> or <I Live Alone>, which would you choose?

JG – I think I’d rather be on <Radio Star>. I love having someone ask me questions and answering them, and variety program PDs have told me that I do my best and am so sincere I don’t look like an actor. Even for <Knowing Bros>, I decided appear on it to help Jieun (IU) out, but I ended up trying so hard.

Allure – This year, everyone became a homebody. A lot of people say they’re watching old dramas on Wavve or Tving. What would you recommend to people from your filmography?

JG – There are a lot of works you can enjoy. There is not a thing I did halfheartedly. It’s a very old one, but I strongly recommend you to watch <Time Between Dog and Wolf>. <Moon Lovers> is great, too. <Moon Lovers> has been popular for four years now. It has a lot of international fans. It gets talked about again and again when the actors I worked with on it become successful.

Allure – Come to think of it, all the princes are so brilliant in different ways, aren’t they?

JG – It had [Nam] Joohyuk, Baekhyun, and [Kang] Haneul in it. Fans really want Season 2, but now, we cannot get the cast back together. (Laughs) Personally, the drama broadened my fan base as an actor. Elementary school students love it as well. There are also people who say they’re binge-watching <Moon Lovers> after finishing <Flower of Evil>. Am I bragging too much?

Allure – It’s good to see an actor being proud of his own filmography.

JG – I love my own works so much, and you know, there are videos of reactions to my works on YouTube. When I watch those videos while drinking alcohol in the evening, I cry along with those people in the videos. (Laughs)

Allure – You watch reaction videos while drinking alone. (Laughs) Do you still dance when you drink alcohol?

JG – Nowadays, I sing more than I dance. I love songs by Kim Kwang Seok. I have five wireless mics at home. Among the latest songs, I love songs by BTS, but they are so hard to sing along to. I just keep singing ‘Blood Sweat & Tears.’ Now it feels like my own song.

Allure – So is Lee Joon Gi’s motto still ‘Blood, Sweat, Tears’?

JG – That’s right. Of course, it means I do things fiercely, but it also means I put my heart and soul into something. It’s impossible not to have any regrets, but at least I can keep my regrets to a minimum that way.

end.

Source: Allure Korea

Translation Credits: @allaboutjoongi

• Like 3
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, violina said:

I thought I was not really good enough to express the depth of my character.

Wow, it's hard to think that he doubted himself, considering the talent he's always shown and the incredible performance he gave in this role! Even considering the next quote:

11 hours ago, violina said:

Early in the drama, I was supposed to look expressionless and emotionless, so I was very limited in expressing my character.

With a less skilled actor the character could've come across as lifeless or wooden, but instead there was subtlety and nuance and you just knew something else was going on behind the cold facade.   

• Like 4

Lee Joon Gi exudes unmatched aura that goes beyond just handsomeness; his beauty tears itself out of the black and white photos

202011240910527898205_20201124091136_02_

Lee Joon Gi’s new pictorial has been released.

The December pictorial actor Lee Joon Gi worked on with ALLURE magazine has caught people’s attention upon its release. In drama ‘Flower of Evil,’ which took the small screen by storm this past summer, Lee Joon Gi demonstrated his power as a top-notch actor by switching effortlessly between two characters that are polar opposites. In the latest pictorial, the actor turned into a ‘master of photoshoots,’ elevating the photoshoot to a piece of art.

While a harmonious blend of black/white and colors captivates readers, Lee has filled all the styling concepts with his own unique colors, announcing the birth of yet another legendary pictorial in his career. In the first photo, where the actor is holding lilies while looking nonchalant, he nails the complexity of the sentiments unique to monotonous photography and his unique personal vibe. With his eyes looking lethargic, he gives us the chic vibe his black and white photos created, leaving us dazzled.

In another photo where he is wearing a red suede jacket, you can feel the dangerously sexy aura that only Lee Joon Gi can pull off. With slightly wet hair and sharply-defined facial features that shine even in the darkness, he reminds us of Do Hyun Soo, who caused a stir in Flower of Evil, setting fans’ hearts aflutter.

The last close-up photo leaves us at a loss for words. His sharply defined facial features tear themselves out of the black and white photo and his fierce eyes overwhelm us instantly, revealing something more than just handsomeness. Sources say that even on set, Lee Joon Gi created such a variety of different atmospheres that the staff praised he could bring out completely different personalities with his eyes and facial expressions alone.

Actor Lee Joon Gi keeps us curious by showing different sides of him every time. Check out the December issue of ALLURE magazine for more photos and his interview.

Source: (1)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 11/25/2020 at 2:41 AM, violina said:

Lee Joon Gi exudes unmatched aura that goes beyond just handsomeness; his beauty tears itself out of the black and white photos

Lee Joon Gi’s new pictorial has been released.

The December pictorial actor Lee Joon Gi worked on with ALLURE magazine has caught people’s attention upon its release. In drama ‘Flower of Evil,’ which took the small screen by storm this past summer, Lee Joon Gi demonstrated his power as a top-notch actor by switching effortlessly between two characters that are polar opposites. In the latest pictorial, the actor turned into a ‘master of photoshoots,’ elevating the photoshoot to a piece of art.

While a harmonious blend of black/white and colors captivates readers, Lee has filled all the styling concepts with his own unique colors, announcing the birth of yet another legendary pictorial in his career. In the first photo, where the actor is holding lilies while looking nonchalant, he nails the complexity of the sentiments unique to monotonous photography and his unique personal vibe. With his eyes looking lethargic, he gives us the chic vibe his black and white photos created, leaving us dazzled.

In another photo where he is wearing a red suede jacket, you can feel the dangerously sexy aura that only Lee Joon Gi can pull off. With slightly wet hair and sharply-defined facial features that shine even in the darkness, he reminds us of Do Hyun Soo, who caused a stir in Flower of Evil, setting fans’ hearts aflutter.

The last close-up photo leaves us at a loss for words. His sharply defined facial features tear themselves out of the black and white photo and his fierce eyes overwhelm us instantly, revealing something more than just handsomeness. Sources say that even on set, Lee Joon Gi created such a variety of different atmospheres that the staff praised he could bring out completely different personalities with his eyes and facial expressions alone.

Actor Lee Joon Gi keeps us curious by showing different sides of him every time. Check out the December issue of ALLURE magazine for more photos and his interview.

Source: (1)

@violina, thanks for sharing this. In Allure Korea he talked about his recent hit drama “Flower of Evil,” what he did during his year off, his fans, and man more! He also mentioned about marriage here after asked. He said that if he meets someone that he's meant to be with, then it's possible to want to get married. He added that he's been thinking about that more lately, maybe because the project that he filmed recently is one that made him feel the warmth of a family. I adore this man so much because he's so sincere. This photoshoot is just WOW. He is just so loveable. It is always interesting to read any news about LJG. I will continue to support him.  :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

On 11/26/2020 at 5:44 PM, willenette said:

It is always interesting to read any news about LJG. I will continue to support him.

Same here:rolleyes:

Hoping he wins acting awards for his incredible performance in Flower of Evil!

I was just about to purchase ticket to watch him in AAA Awards but the site crashed...:blink: Catastrophic

• Like 1

Lee Joon Gi honoured with two awards following his Best Artist Award win: “Flowers will bloom soon” [2020 AAA]

0002913587_001_20201128235455558.jpg?typ

Actor Lee Joon Gi won the AAA Best Artist Award in the Actor category at the 2020 AAA.

Lee Joon Gi won the AAA Best Artist Award at the 2020 Asia Artist Awards (combining music and acting categories) that aired on November 28 through MyMusicTaste.

After winning the AAA Best Artist Award, Lee Joon Gi said, “It is such a great honour. I didn’t know I would end up getting the award alongside her. I’m totally a fan of Go Moon Young. I wanted to walk onto the stage with her. As for ‘Flower of Evil,’ there are so many people that helped me out and I received so much love. Without the director, the writer, the production staff, and without the ensemble of my peers, seniors, and juniors, including our great actors [Moon Chae Won, Kim Ji Hoon, Jang Hee Jin and Seo Hyun Woo], I could not have given a good performance.”

He continued: “This year the staff worked hard while wearing their masks throughout because of Covid-19. I want to dedicate this honour to everyone involved. I am truly grateful to my fans for showing their support until the very end. 'Flower of Evil’ means that flowers still bloom even in a place filled with evil. Deposit the current situation we are in, flowers will still come out soon. I will stay healthy and see you again. Thank you."

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Lee Joon Gi winning 2 awards at 2020 AAA: “Hope flowers bloom all over the world just as ‘Flower of Evil’ did”

0002913881_001_20201129091810063.jpg?typ

Actor Lee Joon Gi was honoured with two awards at the 2020 Asia Artist Awards. By winning both the ‘Asia Celebrity Award’ and ‘Best Artist Award,’ he once again proved his status as an actor with top-notch acting skills he had shown this past summer in tvN drama ‘Flower of Evil,” as well as his popularity as a hallyu star.

In Flower of Evil, Lee Joon Gi made his presence felt so strongly it was hard to believe this was his drama comeback after his two years’ hiatus. In Flower of Evil, which shocked us with log line ‘What if the husband you’ve loved for 14 years is a serial killer?’ Lee played two characters, loving husband Baek Hee Seong and cold-blooded Do Hyun Soo with a spine-chilling performance, leaving an indelible impact from the first episode onwards.

As the story progressed, he delivered a heartbreaking story his character has and his heart-touching romance with wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) with a convincing and believable performance, creating a new genre called suspense melodrama. Lee’s acting, along with his creative and delicate expressions, depicted the process whereby Do Hyun Soo, who was initially thought to be emotionless, gradually comes to recognize his feelings, and stole the hearts of fans not just in Korea but all over the world, generating considerable buzz. He not only topped popular search word rankings on international search engines but also created cultural phenomena like ‘Flower of Evil Reaction Challenge’ on YouTube.

Having proven his top-notch acting skills and unrivalled popularity through Flower of Evil, Lee Joon Gi expressed his gratitude to global viewers and his fans in his acceptance speech at the 2020 AAA. First, after winning the Asia Celebrity Award, the actor said, “Covid-19 has caused so much pain for people around the world but I wonder if my drama cheered you up even just a little,” and “Thanks to your support, I could finish the drama well,” along with a warm message, “From the bottom of my heart, I thank my fans for their support from all over the world, and I hope you stay healthy until the day we meet again.”

Then he ended up honoured with two awards by winning the Best Artist Award. In his heartfelt acceptance speech, Lee Joon Gi said, “We started in the spring and worked well into fall, and the staff worked so hard wearing masks throughout. I dedicate this award to them,” and “The meaning of Flower of Evil is that flowers still bloom even in places filled with evil. Even though the pandemic has caused hardship for many people around the world, flowers will still bloom soon.”

With each project he worked on, Lee Joon Gi boasted a range that knows no limits, solidifying his status as one of Korea’s leading actors. He continues to attract a lot of attention both in Korea and worldwide. We can’t wait to see what kind of present he will bring us viewers next.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 2

On 11/28/2020 at 6:46 PM, Tuiwgn said:

Same here:rolleyes:

Hoping he wins acting awards for his incredible performance in Flower of Evil!

I was just about to purchase ticket to watch him in AAA Awards but the site crashed...:blink: Catastrophic

@Tuiwgn, yehey..............he won not only 1 but 2-awards.................. Asia Celebrity (Actor) & AAA Best Artist (Actor). Congratulations to LJK! He is such a gem. He works so hard for where he is right now. LJK deserved it. I'm so proud of him! :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 Lines By K-Drama Male Leads That Still Give Us Butterflies

Every K-drama fan goes through a moment when watching a really good series. It’s that moment when the main lead drops an oh-so-romantic line that has you completely swooning. Over the very long history of K-dramas, there have been a handful that K-drama fans are still unable to get over. Here are 15 of those epic, heart-stopping lines.

2. “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

“If we are not from the same world, I will find you, My Soo.”

-Wang So (Lee Joon Gi)-

scarlet-heart-lee-joon-gi.gif

Hae Soo (IU) is transported from modern times to the Goryeo era, where she falls in love with a bad boy prince. The love story of Wang So and Hae Soo is so heartbreaking and bittersweet. The two have an undying love for each other that is constantly broken apart by duty and responsibility. When Wang So uttered these words at the end of the series, it literally broke people’s hearts and plenty of people were demanding for a second season. We’re still patiently waiting!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Love 2

13 hours ago, willenette said:

15 Lines By K-Drama Male Leads That Still Give Us Butterflies

. When Wang So uttered these words at the end of the series, it literally broke people’s hearts and plenty of people were demanding for a second season. We’re still patiently waiting!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Ahhh, Wang So .... he is immortal, he is forever in our hearts.

And the line gives audiences "butterflies" is because of how it's delivered by JG.... He was phenomenal , of course still is and getting better and better:wub: 

14 hours ago, willenette said:

@Tuiwgn, yehey..............he won not only 1 but 2-awards.................. Asia Celebrity (Actor) & AAA Best Artist (Actor). Congratulations to LJK! He is such a gem. He works so hard for where he is right now. LJK deserved it. I'm so proud of him! :blush:

@willenette, I did manage to purchase and waited for JG's appearance for both awards!!!!:rolleyes:

He was the most elegant (in my opinion) in the ceremony and his acceptance speech was both eloquent and heartwarming. So very very proud of him.

Look forward to his next project!

• Love 3

These Were The 25 Best K-Dramas In 2020, According To Fans

How many have you watched?

It’s getting close to the end of the year, and popular polling website KingChoice recently put up a poll for fans to vote for their favorite K-dramas from 2020. After millions of votes, the results are in! Check them out for yourself below, and maybe find a new show to binge while you’re at it!

3. Flower of Evil

source : https://kingchoice.me/topic-the-best-korean-drama-2020-close-nov-30-1251.html

• Like 3

So many JG updates after a one year drought. I am so happy.

To see him in the same line as Lee Byung Hun in a Korean "culture and arts" magazine with the theme "icon" is a testament of his great acting skills. LBH might have a somewhat stained personal life but his acting skill is undisputed. There are very few Korean actors both in film and drama who are at his level. 

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Congrats to LJG for winning two AAA awards. He deserved them. He was amazing in Flowers of Evil. Apart from 2 little clips which reminded me that he was LJG I was totally immersed in the character Do Hyun Soo. One of the clips was near the beginning when he leaped over the counter in a fight, it was so LJG action. The other was near the end when he wore a tux for his wedding photo shoot, he looked too debonaire for the character. I may be wrong but I thought an ill fitted suit or a show of awkwardness would have been more in line with Do Hyun Soo. Anyway, I was kept at the edge of my seat throughout the series and had to pause and take a breather during the intense scenes since serial killers and psychopaths are scary for me.  Despite this I want to binge watch it again so that I can relax and enjoy his acting. I am looking forward to his next project, maybe a light comedy? which reminds me that I found the scene with his sister and Moo-jin when they were talking about how he could please his wife and he said that finding the murderer would please his wife, and with such a straight face that I couldn't help but break out laughing.

Thanks to everyone for all the interview clips and photos here. I hope a translated AAA award ceremony will be available.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to Lee Joon Gi 이준기