Hwang Jung Eum 황정음

Guest xxReminisce

This is how I feltOMGF YESYESS SHE KNOWS THE TRUTH ABOUT DH FINALLY YESS!!!tumblr_inline_mv6fswO9mn1r1ol1s.gif

IMMA TALKING ABOUT SECRET EP 10!! LIVESTREAM DIDNT WORK FOR ME BUT THANKS TO SOOMPI THREAD I UNDERSTAND SOME PARTS

OMGF SO HAPPY SHE KNOWS T^T NOW I FEEL LIKE DANCING X”D I THOUGH IT WILL TAKE LONGER THAN 10 EPISODE!!!

tumblr_inline_mv6fr2l2ta1r1ol1s.gif

I CAN EVEN WAIT LONGER THAN 1 WEEK FOR NEXT EPS IM JUST THAT HAPPY! X”D

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh gosh.. there IS indeed a Hwang Jung Eum thread at soompi. I must be so blurr not to see it. bricks.gif All the while, I thought that there was no thread for this wonderful actress.
Have not seen HJE's work prior to SECRET but she is just so amazing in the drama, the character really made for her. Still a young actress too but with an awesome performance all-around, Bravo!
And WOW.. what a sexy woman she is, in that GRAZIA pictorial.. can't believe this is the same Yoo Jeong.laughing.gif

October 7, 2013
Hwang Jung-eum Expresses the Deep Emotions of Motherhood
KBS Global
1908_5086_l.jpg

Hwang Jung-eum expressed the deep love of motherhood to the fullest. In the recent episode of Secret Love (written by Yoo Bo-ra, Choi Ho-chul/directed by Lee Eung-bok, Baek Sang-hoon) which aired on October 3rd, Hwang was shown in pain and anguish as she was framed for abusing her son.
Her acting helped with viewers' ratings as the episode scored 10.7% according to Nielson Korea, a 3.5%p increase from the previous episode which scored 7.2%. With the increase, Secret Love has doubled its viewer's from the first episode, and secured 2nd place for the same time slot. The new drama's success is forecasing a fierce battle between other dramas that air during the Wednesday Thursday prime time slot. Hwang Jung-eum's acting was in the spotlight as she was shown raising her son with Do-hoon (played by Bae Soo-bin) with difficulty in prison. Despite the harsh environment, she was shown being strong for her son San-ie and waiting for parole. However, she loses all her senses at losing her beloved son and being framed for a crime she did not commit and exploded with anger and the deep emotions of motherhood. Meanwhile, despite a burned Yoo-jeong being handcuffed while trying to stop the fight, Hwang was shown shouting out "Where is my San-ie" and her sad singing while in solitary confinement was enough to make the audience feel her emotions. At the end of the episode, Hwang was shown free from prison at last and now curiosity grows how Ji Sung, Hwang Jung-eum and Bae Soo-bin's fates will intertwine. Secret is about a man's bitter yet uncontrollable love for a woman who killed his love. It stars Ji Sung, Hwang Jung-eum, Bae Soo-bin and Lee Da-he. It airs every Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 p.m.
1908_5088_l.jpg

October 28, 2013
JI Sung finally lets Hwang Jeong-eum know how he feels!
KBS Global
1925_5125_l.jpg

In the latest episode of "Secret Love" Ji Sung accidentally lets his true feelings for Hwang show, giving viewers a glimpse of what could happen between the two.
In a series of emotional scenes, the two stars demonstrated amazing depth in acting through their fabulous performances.No surprise that episode 9 grabbed 15.3% ratings, helping the show remain as the most viewed in its time slot for 3 straight weeks. In episode 9 aired on KBS 2TV on October 23rd, Min-hyeok(Ji Sung) learns the truth behind the hit-and-run incident and demands the truth from Yoo-jeong(Hwang Jeong-eum).In the process things take a strange turn, and their relationship seems to be going downhill.Emotions flare as the two exchange heated words. At the party, Min-hyeok chases after Yoo-jeong, demanding the truth about the tragic incident.Cornered and unable to hide the hideous truth any longer, she goes berserk and screams out "I'm a murderer! I'm the hit-and-run driver!"  She goes on to shout at Min-hyeok. "Is this what you wanted to hear? Not enough? Would you be a little bit more satisfied if I run into a car?"And she does just that.She gets hit by a car, but then picks herself up, and then flees the scene.Min-hyeok became even more certain that there is somethiing Yoo-jeong wants to hide, in order to protect.This leads him to feel a surge of complex emotions, making him cry and smile and laugh at the same time.  Min-hyeok was also shocked to see a whole new side of Do-hoon(Bae Soo-bin) when he hit his fiance Sae-yeon(Lee Da-hee) and scolded Yoo-jeong to hide some hideous secret.In the process he realizes his feelings for Yoo-jeong also grew. Min-hyeok also learns that Do-hoon reported Dan-bal(Jeong Soo-yeong) who sells counterfeit goods to the police and even pulled some strings to make Yoo-jeong lose her job at the restaurant.All to hide the truth from Min-hyeok,who worked so hard to uncover the shrouds of the mystery he is trying to solve.While trying to seek out the truth, Min-hyeok finds himself having stronger feelings for Yoo-jeong. After the emotional clash, Yoo-jeong tries everything she can to stay out of Min-hyeok's view.But Min-hyeok finds her and lets her know how he feels. Yoo-jeong blurts out "I told you I'll make up for everything I've done wrong, what are you doing here? Do you want to tell everyone I'm a murderer and get me fired again?"Min-hyeok responds by saying "That's not why I'm here. I can't stop thinking about you. So stay by my side."Short and simple way to directly express his feelings for her, which made female viewers swoon. "Secret Love" starring Ji Sung, Hwang Jeong-eum, Bae Soo-bin, Lee Da-hee, a love story between a man and a woman who murdered his former lover continues to record higher ratings each episode and gain greater fan support.

October 30, 2013
Who’s Got Better Style? Hwang Jung Eum vs. Han Chae Ah
BNTNEWS l Nate
az8d5dhhh4izjf0vbqw00qpqnphaqfiq.jpg
[by Yoon Hee Na / translated by Cho Suyoun] Stars’ fashion style in dramas is becoming a big issue these days.
Every time stars wear something new in drama, audience call and ask from which brand they wore. Let us take a closer look at their style and see which items they favor in series.
>>> Hwang Jung Eum’s Padding Look
a2vf81g1kr7ggd7jcog5ahmi3ukhteot.jpg

New series ‘Secret’ is currently receiving lots of attention from the audience for its perfect story line and tense. 
In the series, Hwang Jun Eum not only shows amazing acting skills, but also shows stylish look that emphasizes her role's characteristics. A few days ago, she presented winter styling by putting on black long padding jumper with blue check shirts. 
After the episode was aired, the padding has been called ‘Hwang Jung Eum Padding’ and attracted attention from the audience. The padding is known to be from women’s fashion brand Jessi New York. The outer item is yet to be released, but people are keep asking about it by calling the brand.
>>> Han Chae Ah’s Career Look 
071b0099ddd904095adbe0b398feaa30.jpg

Actress Han Chae Ah also plays a role of reporter on another competitive drama ‘Marry Him If You Dare.’ As Han has glamorous body and plays intellectual reporter, she shows trendy career woman look in the series by focusing on looking sexy and feminine.
In one episode, Han Chae Ah put on white blouse with a jacket that has some pearl on. The gold pearl trimming made her look much more stylish yet casual at the same time. 
The jacket she put on was also known to be from Jessi New York and it completed her trendy career look. As it appeals chic charms, many young career women are asking for more information about the jacket. (photo captured from KBS ‘Secret,’ ‘Marry Him If You Dare’)

October 29, 2013
"Secrets" No previews for the following week
Source: ReviewStar via Hancinema.net
2013103009282526_1_rstarssw.jpg

Drama "Secrets" is overtaking people's hearts.
It is normal for a drama to show the preview once it's over. However, KBS 2TV drama "Secrets" doesn't. Wednesday shows Thursday's episode but Thursday doesn't show the next week's episode. It's true that there was more instability than expectations this time. Even the director, Lee Eung-bok said it.
He said, "With 16 episodes throughout the drama, we are already at the eleventh. I plan on making it revolve faster and more passionately".
"Secrets" is not made up of fragments of scripts. Written by Yoo Bo-ra and Choi Ho-cheol, this drama collaborates well with Lee Eung-bok who is known for his unique intricacy and emotions.
There's no expanding or previews. "Secrets" is also called the inconsiderate drama because there's no preview but it's no doubt it's a high quality drama with Ji Seong, Hwang Jeong-eum, Bae Soo-bin, and Lee Da-hee.

October 30, 2013
"Secrets" ranks 1st place
Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net
201310310728774750_527188af560c0.jpg

KBS 2TV "Secrets" came in first place even with a decrease in percentage.
According to Nielsen Korea, the eleventh episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Secrets" rated 15.7% which is 0.6% lower than the previous episode.
SBS "The Heirs" rated 12.1% which is 1.4% lower than the previous episode and MBC "Medical Top Team" rated 4.9%.
"Secrets" came in first even with a drop in percentage overall.
Meanwhile, Yoo-jeong (Hwang Jeong-eum) decided revenge on Do-hoon (Bae Soo-bin) in "Secrets".

October 30, 2013
"Secrets" Ji Seong's feelings for Hwang Jeong-eum
Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net
201310302302778460_527114339ea1d.jpg

Ji Seong's feelings for Hwang Jeong-eum was at the extreme. They almost kissed.
On the eleventh episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Secrets", Min-hyeok (Ji Seong) fell into complications because of Sin Se-yeon (Lee Da-hee) and Ahn Do-hoon's (Bae Soo-bin) counter attack.
K Group staggered at the news of Min-hyeok's father Jo Han-il's (Lee Deok-hwa) surgery. As the stocks plummeted down, Se-yeon and Do-hoon pressured Min-hyeok that they would pass over a restaurant from the subsidiary companies to another company for encashment.
Min-hyeok expressed anger at this but he didn't have enough shares to stop them. He asked Se-yeon and a friend for help but it wasn't easy.
Min-hyeok was cornered at returned to the restaurant. He saw Yoo-jeong (Hwang Jeong-eum) who stayed behind till late to make a new sauce and said, "Don't smile. Are you going to leave me too after you smile like that? I know you are going to leave once you get what you want from me".
Yoo-jeong said, "I'll do as you please. I won't leave until you tell me so". Min-hyeok pressed her against the wall as if he was going to kiss her.

October 31, 2013
“Secret Love” Chief Producer: “The Ending Will Be Unimaginable”
I.said.hi soompi.com
secret-drama.jpg

The chief producer of KBS2TV’s drama “Secret Love” teased viewers by offering hints for the drama’s ending.
On October 29, team leader and chief producer Hwang Eui Kyung commented, “Although the last episode’s script is not complete, when I heard the writer’s thoughts on the ending I knew for sure that the viewers of the drama would never imagine such content.” Furthermore, the chief producer  raised curiosities when he expressed, “The matter at hand is not whether ‘Secret Love’ will have a happy ending or sad ending, and it’s also not about whether the drama will have revenge or not. It is hard to clearly express what kind of surprises will be hidden within the upcoming storyline.”
Furthermore, producer Hwang Eui Kyung explained, “Through the last episode of ‘Secret Love,’ viewers will be able to feel the emotions evolve within the melodrama,” stirring greater anticipation for the drama’s conclusion.
In regards to the drama’s passionate and emotional scenes, the CP also added, “The passionate and emotional scenes that the staff had carefully hidden away will start this week. We hope many will anticipate the prospects of the melodrama’s passionate storyline that will focus mainly on Cho Min Hyuk (Jisung) and Kang Yoo Jung (Hwang Jung Eum), but will also flow naturally through the characters Ahn Do Hyun (Bae Soo Bin) and Shin Sae Yeon (Lee Da Hee).”
As “Secret Love” first aired on September 25, the drama’s ability to rank first amongst its other drama competitors portrays the strength and appealing nature of the melodrama. Despite the denial of extending the number of episode, the production team’s plans to focus on the quality of the drama rather than the quantity have caused excitement and anticipation for the drama’s ending. The 16th and final episode of “Secret Love” will air on November 14.

October 31, 2013
October's Kdrama Winners And Losers
by Joan MacDonald  KDramaStars.com
 October was a month in which there were some surprising and interesting Kdrama developments. A few highly anticipated dramas did not fare as well as expected despite star casts and there were some unexpected winners.
Predicted to be a fan favorite, "The Heirs," starring Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye and Choi Jin Hyuk did not take first place in the ratings during its first few weeks. The first few episodes were shot in Los Angeles. Although the first episodes were cinematically attractive, they suffered from some bad acting and dubious stereotypes about the U.S. Ratings picked up once the drama returned to familiar Korean territory but by then the star-studded but classic poor girl-meets-rich-guy story had already lost viewers to the competition. Its success was unexpectedly eclipsed by the revenge melodrama "Secrets," which stars Ji Sung, Hwang Jung Eum, Bae Soo Bin and Lee Da Hee. With its fascinating portrayal of varying shades of evil, the drama held first place for the duration of its run.
Also getting disappointing ratings despite its star cast of Yoon Eun Hye, Lee Dong Gun and Jung Yong Hwa, was "Future's Choice," a drama in which a woman's future self comes back and tries to change her life. It's fun to see Yoon Eun Hye in a comedy again but maybe viewers were ready for more than the old "who will she choose" formula.
For a few weeks, the ratings winner over "Future's Choice" was "The Suspicious Housekeeper," a remake of the Japanese hit television show "Kaseifu No Mita." The show focused on a mysterious housekeeper who helps a dysfunctional family. The drama starring Choi Ji Woo and Lee Seung Jae led the ratings until it was displaced by the first episodes of the 50-episode historical saga "Empress Ki."
Thanks to some action, romance and great costumes, "Empress Ki," starring Ha Ji Won, Ji Chang Wook and Joo Jin Mo, started out at 11.6 percent of the ratings on its first episode and reached 13.6 on its next night.
Also popular were the final episodes of "Good Doctor," starring Joo Won as a savant but socially inept doctor. The show topped 20 percent in the ratings as it drew to a close.
The Hong Sisters' popular horror romantic comedy "The Master's Sun," starring So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin, ended early in October. It was another hit with ratings over 21 percent.
"Goddess of Fire: Jeonji" also finished this month and despite its star cast of Moon Geun Young, Lee Sang Yoon and Kim Bum, failed to break any records. The historical drama about Korea's first female ceramic artist averaged ratings of 9.3 percent, with its final episode only reaching 9.6 percent.
This month's dramas illustrate an important lesson. An all-star cast is not a guarantee of a hit drama. Viewers appreciate an innovative and interesting storyline.

November 1, 2013
“Secret Love” Fastened atop TV Charts for 4th Week
by Cory Lee TENASIA
2013110114435838623-615x922.jpg
Korean actress Hwang Jeong-eum (left) and actor Ji Sung on the set of KBS’s drama “Secret Love.” [KBS]
KBS’s drama series “Secret Love” has scooped up its fourth crown on prime time TV charts.
The authentic melodrama topped AGB Nielsen Media Research’s (Nielsen Korea) chart on October 30 and 31 with an average viewership of 16.2 percent, breaking its highest ratings record, the chart showed on Friday.
In this week’s episodes, Cho Min-hyuk (Ji Sung) finally admitted his romantic feelings toward Kang You-jung (Hwang Jeong-um) and kissed to her, which Kang resisted first yet  fell in it eventually.
SBS’s teenage romcom “The Inheritors” continued its runner-up position with an average mark of 12.6 percent in the same time frame.
However, MBC’s drama “Medical Top Team” failed to either move out of its bottom position and grab more number of viewers, recording an average of 5.6 percent of total viewers.
Meanwhile, TNmS (Total National Multimedia Statistic) showed the three programs in the same order yet much narrow gap between the chart-topper and the runner-up for second week in a row.
While “Secret Love” took the top seed with an average rating of 13.9 percent, “The Inheritors” sat at No. 2 with only 0.4 percent lower score than the winner.
Reporter. Cory LeeCourtesy of KBS

Archived