Hwang Jung Eum 황정음

Guest xxReminisce

Jung Eum already very famous in S.Kor since WGM and High Kick, she's one of CF Queen and one of richest K celebs (wonderful as she basically had almost no money few yrs ago), plus she's constantly voted as one of most beautiful stars in S.Kor (latest being no.20 in YTN's 50 prettiest celebrities in Kor). I think she might actually start gaining momentum outside Kor, as she was in top 3 in 2011 Seoul Drama Awards, which international fans also voted.

I think the reason why she seems still quite underrated outside Kor is b'coz she haven't pick any trendy prime time dramas, with famous hot/young actors esp. in her age range and internationally famous writer. High Kick was a long daily sitcom, Giant was epic long period, Can You Hear My Heart was a weekend family drama, Golden Time is a medical drama. I like her choices though, it means she gave more weight to story and characters. But then, I also want to see her paired with actors in her age range next time (perhaps with 87'ers Joo Won, Jung Il Woo, Lee Min Ho, Lee Seung Gi, fellow 85'ers Song Joong Ki - like them when in Running Man 1st eps, 86'ers Park Yoo Chun or her co-star in HK Yoon Shi Yoon).
Joo Sang Wook, Lee Sun Gyun, Nam Gong Min, Kim Jae Won all are a fine actors, I like them all with Jung Eum, but they're much older than her.
FH 2 could be the one, with trendy romcom genre, sequel to an already famous series, and with No Min Woo and Park Ki Wong closer to her age, but that drama is full of uncertainties and seems like a potential disaster. So if it's really that bad, better it'll never get aired, so that it won't tarnish the stars reputation, esp. since HJE & PKW already doing good with G.Time and Bridal Mask.

Yes, she's very pretty in Golden Time, I say this is her 2nd prettiest appearance in drama after High Kick (I didn't watch her projects before HK). Her character's story & personality still hasn't unveiled completely but Jae-in is a likable character,  plus she's a reliable and competent doctor-intern, much better than Min-woo at this point, and she constantly push him forward. I like their dynamics.Their chemistry is palpable already. Nice to see her finally getting a role of rich girl, not a suppressed or poor ones.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Jung Eum has been big in Korea since High Kick 2, but I see almost nothing about her on English sites and forums. Everything I ever read about her comes from Naver.

I think you're right about Full House 2. FH2 will also be the drama that gets her known throughout Asia since it will be airing in Japan before Korea, so Koreans might not even see FH2 until next year since it still doesn't have a Korean broadcaster.

right.. i've watched can you hear my heart, giant, and high kick 2 and i think she did greatest job in High Kick!! She ruins her pretty look by making hilarious face when some actresses dont have the guts to. Her sad scene is touching too. I want to see her in drama with long hair!

• 1 month later...

Full House Take 2 broadcast information 

*20 Episodes
*To be aired in TBS Japan

First airing will be Oct 05, 2012 (Friday) at 7-9pm
Repeat broadcast Saturday 12midnight to 2am

via @ROCKOUT_JAPAN
542386_277775762324027_893531125_n.jpg
Two Full House Take2 DVDs will be released.

★Full House TAKE2 DVD-BOX1 (2012/10/24)
- includes 32pages booklet and 3 sets of postcards

★Full House TAKE2 DVD-BOX2 (2012/11/9)
- includes 32pages booklet, Behind the scenes videos and photos, and interviews of the three leads.

source: http://tc-tectec.com/?p=2863

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jung Eum shows up for Helianthus event. It's great to see her with normal hair. I haven't finished Full House 2 yet, but man, her hair is awful there.

Reports are still saying that Jung Eum is in Incarnation of Money, which is supposed to air after Cheongdamdong Alice, but there really hasn't been any news aside from some casting news.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jaewon fan

Congratulation to Hwang Jung Eum for catching Jae Won oppa wife bouquet on the wedding ceremony. She is a great actress. I love her a lot on Can You Hear My Heart. Since then she became one of my favorite actress. I also watch her on Giant, Highkick, Golden Time, and Incarnation of Money but my favorite was CYHMH. She had a very good chemistry with KJW and her character was awesome. CYHMH DVD was one of the top seller in Japan in 2012, just too bad she didn't able to join KJW oppa when it was promoted because she was filming.

Hwang Jeong-eum revising KBS "Secrets"

photo330303.jpg

Actress Hwang Jeong-eum is revising the script of upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Secrets".

Sidus HQ reported that she is currently still thinking about if or not she's going to star in it.

The role she has been offered is a woman who goes to prison for her boyfriend who causes a hit-and-run accident but gets betrayed in the end.

Ji Seong is also revising the role of Jo Min-hyeok, a rich plutocrat's son.

"Secrets" is written by Choi Ho-cheol who won an award at a script contest. The directing will be done by Lee Eung-bok from KBS 2TV  "Dream High" , "School 2013".

"Secrets" will be aired in September.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

http://www.hancinema.net/hwang-jeong-eum-revising-kbs-secrets-58571.html

==============================================================================================

Hwang Jung Eum is looking favorably towards a role in upcoming KBS drama Secret (not to be confused with the 2001 drama with Kim Ha Neul and Ha Ji Won though). She would be playing a woman who goes to prison for her boyfriend after he causes a hit-and-run accident, and ends up being betrayed. Whoa – that’s a bit dark. It’s like Nice Guy in reverse? Ji Sung is also in talks for the role as a chaebol son who doesn’t believe in love (duh). The script also won a KBS screenwriting competition, so I’d hope it’s good coming from a new writer. But the title and the synopsis make me cringe at all the melodrama that could result from it. The drama is set to air after Sword and Flower.

http://www.kaedejun.com/2013/07/news-bits-7262013-edition/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=news-bits-7262013-edition

Ji Sung and Jung Eum is the latest "couple face"  (CF stars who act as couple in the brand's ad) for Hi Mart. So Korean public seemed enthusiast as their pairing is still quite fresh in their memory. I remember there had been some TV commercials and many printed ads with them in late 2012.

Watch their hilarious but cute CF here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUSLnGF6DbM

=========================================================================

JS and HJE both love to juggle comedic and serious actings, look at their resume. While for HJE I love both, for JS, though he's also great at silly and light characters, I like him better when he did serious conflicted emo type of guys. He looks smexy and macho that way LOL, Also for HJE, as much as I love her comedic acts, after FH 2 and IoM, I think it's time for her to get back into more heavy-weight role again. So I think it was a good decision she recently turned down weekend family drama "The Wang Family",  as "Secret" seems like a meatier drama and role for her.

jaewon fan

wrote:

»

I love her a lot on Can You Hear My Heart.

Guest jaewon fan

i should have love FH2 if not because of their hairstyle. It's really bothering how they look in that drama. Jung Eum is very pretty on Golden Time, they should have use it because it looks more feminine. and those to guys with her, they are actually very good looking and cute but their hairstyle spoiled it all. ;(

jaewon fan said: got better since in the middle of drama
i should have love FH2 if not because of their hairstyle. It's really bothering how they look in that drama. Jung Eum is very pretty on Golden Time, they should have use it because it looks more feminine. and those to guys with her, they are actually very good looking and cute but their hairstyle spoiled it all. ;(

Archived