Hwang Jung Eum 황정음

Guest xxReminisce

March 24, 2014
Hwang Jung Eum and Yeon Jung Hoon in Talks for New Period Drama, “Endless Love”http://www.soompi.com/2014/03/24/hwang-jung-eum-and-yeon-jung-hoon-in-talks-for-new-period-drama-endless-love/#.UzBYQqiSwsA

hwang-jung-eum-yeon-jung-hoon-800x450.pn
Hwang Jung Eum and Yeon Jung Hoon are currently in talks for the upcoming SBS drama, “Endless Love.” Officials at the actors’ respective agencies said to Newsen on March 24, “They’ve received proposals for the drama, and are looking them over. While they are discussing the roles, nothing has been decided yet.”
“Endless Love” will be a period drama set against the background of  Korean politics and economics in the 1980′s, and will draw a love story between the two main characters. 
The drama will be written by writer Na Yeon Sook (SBS “East of Eden”) and director Lee Hyun Jik (MBC “Warrior Baek Dong Soo,” “Lobbyist“), and will air after the end of “Angel Eyes,” which is set to air its first episode in April, starring Gu Hye Sun and Lee Sang Yoon.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh YESSSSS!!!  This is so unexpexted hahaha. I thought she was still in her S'pore vacation ;;)  so I didn't think to searched for her news these past few days.  And when I finally open her DC gallery this morning, BAAAM everyone discussing about it. I was initially wanted to go to Naver etc first to search for the news but I knew I'm already a bit late so the English articles must already be out or someone like @Pavlichenko would already translate it. So I came here directly then and yeah I'm right after all.

Thanks guys for posting the news.

The brief synopsis sounds epic, it's the type of drama that will seems to challenge acting abilities, so I can see why HJE is interested at it.  But she still in considering stage so we''ll see first before I comment further. 

I like this article. The reporter was not only reporting about the potential casting but also talk about both actors a bit, particularly about HJE. The writing somehow give me impression that the reporter is maybe a fan of HJE too  :D 

class="at_ttl""Melodrama Queen" Hwang Jung Eum Considering "Endless Love"

BY Julie Jones | Mar 26, 2014 11:53 AM EDT

Hwang Jung Eum riveted audiences last year with her dramatic performance as the sacrificing downtrodden heroine in the melodrama "Secrets." And now it looks like she is in the final stages of negotiation for her next drama role.

She is considering the leading role in the weekend drama "Endless Love." Last year she co-starred with Ji Sung, the newlywed husband of popular actress Lee Bo Young. This year's drama will again offer her a chance to co-star with the husband of another popular k-drama actress. It looks as if she will be romantically paired with Han Ga In's husband and  "Vampire Prosecutor" star Yun Jung Hoon. Yeon Jung Hoon is also a car enthusiast and host of "Top Gear Korea."

According to Story TV, the production company for the drama, both actors are favored candidates for the lead and their agencies are currently in discussion with the production company. Representatives from both stars' agencies confirmed that discussions were underway.

"Endless Love" will be a historic drama, set in the 1980s. The characters' love story will play out against a background of the politics and the economic circumstances of the time period.

Little is known about the plot but it is likely to be a melodrama rather than a comedy. Hwang Jung Eum has been called the "queen of ratings" and the "melodrama queen"  for a reason. When she looks troubled or tortured, it is hard to look away. No one expected last year's "Secrets" to be the hit that it was but a lot of the show's popularity was due to the performances that she and Ji Sung delivered. Watching her act in a melodrama, viewers might never suspect she was once a member of the k-pop girl group Sugar or that Hwang Jung Eum was once known for playing perky upbeat comic roles.

Na Yeon Sook, who wrote "East of Eden," is the writer for "Endless Love." If Yun Jung Hoon takes the role it will be his second opportunity to work with this writer as he also appeared in "East of Eden." That role is remembered as one of the actor's best. His mst recent performance was in a Hong Kong microfilm "Time To Love."

Lee Hyun Jik, who directed "Warrior Baek Dong Soo" and "The Lobbyist," will direct the weekend drama.

It begins in April, following "Angel Eyes," which stars Gu Hye Sun and Lee Sang Yoon.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/18242/20140326/melodrama-queen-hwang-jung-eum-considering-endless-love.htm

• 2 weeks later...

April 23, 2014

Cha In Pyo, Hwang Jung Eum and More Attend First Script Reading for ‘Endless Love’
CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, KyungNam  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

SBS’s upcoming drama Endless Love held its first script reading session with the cast members.
On April 23, Story TV, the production company of Endless Love announced, “The first script reading took place on April 15 in Gyeonggi province, attended by Lee Hyun Jik PD, the production team members and the main cast members, including Cha In Pyo, Hwang Jung Eum, Ryu Soo Young, Jung Woong In, Jeon So Min, Choi Sung Guk, Shin Eun Jung and more.”
64326002.jpg

Lead actress Hwang Jung Eun arrived three hours prior to the script reading to practice riding a motorcycle for her upcoming drama role. She also showed tears upon reading her scripts, putting in all of her emotion into the character. 
Lead actor Cha In Pyo, who is making his return to the small screen after some time, brought admiration out from the others with his charismatic acting. 
Jung Woong In, who will be taking on another villain role, also completely transformed into his character during script reading. The production team expressed high anticipation for Jung Woong In’s unique villain role. 
Meanwhile, Endless Love is a 40 episode long drama depicting the love, passion and dream of the characters through 1970’s until present day. It is set to air in the middle of June.
Photo credit: Story TV

April 23, 2014
Photos from the first script rehearsal for drama 'Endless Love' unleashed
Source: STARN News
20140423094519_53570d1fea880_1.jpg
Photos from the first script rehearsal for drama 'Endless Love' were unleashed.

On April 15th, the first script rehearsal for drama 'Endless Love' was held at SBS Drama Production Center, which is located at an outskirt of Seoul. All of the actors and actresses, including Hwang Jung Eum, Cha In Pyo, Ryu Soo Young, Jung Woong In, Seo Hyo Lim, Jeon So Min, Choi Sung Guk, Shin Eun Jung, production director Lee Hyun Jik, and writer Na Yeon Suk attended.
'Endless Love' is going to show life stories of people who were born in 1970s, including their dream, ambitions, and love.
A representative told that Hwang Jung Eum arrived at SBS Drama Production Center three hours before the rehearsal time. Hwang Jung Eum thoroughly read through the entire script, and participated in the rehearsal with a very serious attitude.
Cha In Pyo, who has been away from TV screen for a long time, captivated everyone's attention with a huge charisma, and led the rehearsal smoothly.
Ryu Soo Young also participated in the rehearsal with his full focus, and showed a perfect teamwork with Hwang Jung Eum even though it was the first time for him to work with her.
Seo Hyo Lin and Jeon So Min were full of energy, and made the rehearsal's atmosphere much brighter.
Jung Woong In also showed a perfect transformation, and the production team told that he will show another side of him through the drama.
Meanwhile, 'Endless Love' will premiere in mid-June.
/Reporting by Lim ju-hui en@starnnews.com

• 3 weeks later...

May 13, 2014
Hwang Jung-eum joins ‘Endless Love’
By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

12211302.jpg

Singer-turned-actress Hwang Jung-eum will star in the upcoming SBS weekend drama “Endless Love” (working title) after a six-month vacation from her latest KBS drama “Secret Love.”
In the 50-episode drama, which depicts Korea in the 1990s, Hwang will collaborate with leading actors in the drama scene, including veteran actor Cha In-pyo and Ryu Soo-young. Jung Woong-in, who has been beloved by his villain character in last year’s SBS drama “I Can Hear Your Voice,” will also join the production team.
The drama team moved from Taean, South Chungcheong, to Gunsan, North Jeolla, to portray vivid images of modern Korea.
“Endless Love” is Hwang’s 12th drama. She debuted as an idol in the girl group Sugar in 2001, with Park Su-jin, Yook Hye-seung (Han Ye-won) and Ayumi Lee. 
Ayumi, a Japanese-Korean member, moved to Japan in 2009 and released her first album “Change Myself” the following year under the stage name Iconiq.
Hwang’s new drama is slated to be aired next month. 

• 1 month later...

June 17, 2014
Hwang Jung Eum Looks More Gorgeous and Mature than Ever
Source: BNTNews
ujm6lckwmnm0z413x6bohu79fwplk216.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] The cast and crew of ‘Endless Love’ attended a press conference held on June 16 at Seoul SBS Hall, introducing the show and their new roles. 
SBS’ new drama series ‘Endless Love’, starring Hwang Jung Eum, Ryu Soo Young, Jun So Min, Cha In Pyo, and Jung Kyung Ho, sets in the 70s, 80s, and 90s of Korea depicting the characters’ story of love and ambition. 
The first episode of ‘Endless Love’ is set to air on June 29 at 9:55PM (KST) on SBS Channel. (photo by bntnews DB) 
21l68jkasppdydo2fa8v27cm6cjg92r1.jpg
5h92trygu95ea6w3tqkm4ibqjy7ylvzf.jpg

• 2 months later...

August 29, 2014
Hwang Jung Eum Signs Contract with C-JeS
Newsen Ha Soo Jung  Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong

Singer-turned-actress Hwang Jung Eum has joined C-JeS Entertainment. 
C-JeS Entertainment broke the news through a press release on August 29, saying, "The filmography of Hwang Jung Eum, an actress who has improved in her acting with every project to now take on lead roles, was very impressionable. We will be supporting her in everyway we can to allow her to show great acting in various projects to come." 
74865002.jpg
Hwang Jung Eum began knocking on the doors of acting through Lulu Princess in 2005, before officially starting her acting career with The Person I Love in 2007. Since then, she′s appeared in Can You Hear My Heart?, Golden Time, Incarnation of Money, Secret Love, and more, each hitting high in ratings. 
Especially in the drama Incarnation of Money, Hwang Jung Eun received much applause for taking on a role that required special makeup that could be quite difficult for an actress. She won the Top Excellance Award for Actress at the KBS Drama Awards that year. 
C-JeS Entertainment currently holds JYJ, Choi Min Sik, Seol Kyung Gu, Lee Jung Jae, Lee BUm Soo, Park Ju Mi, Park Seon Woong, Kwak Do Won, Kim Kang Woo, Song Sae Byuk, Kang Hye Jung, Song Ji Hyo, Gummy, Ra Mi Ran, Jung Sun Ah, Jung Seok Won, Park Yoo Hwan, Lee Chang Yong, Ryu Hye Young, Kim Moo Hyuk, Jin Hyuk, and more.
Meanwhile, Kwang Jung Eun is currently acting as Seo In Ae in SBS′ Endless Love 
Photo Credit: Newsen

August 30, 2014
Hwang Jung Eum, signs exclusive contract with C-Jes.. Family with JYJ, Choi Min Sik, Lee Jung Jae
Source: Innolife Korea
10897_1.jpg
Hwang Jung-Eum becomes a new family of Choi Min-Sik, Seol Kyung-Ku, Lee Jung-Jae, JYJ, etc.

Hwang Jung-Eum recently signed an exclusive contract with C-Jes Entertainment and made a new home.
C-Jes Entertainment stated “the filmography of Hwang Jung-Eum, who has established her position as a leading actress of the drama as giving a growing performance with full of sincerity in every work, was very impressive. We will give her a full support so that she can give good performances in various works in the future.”
Hwang Jung-Eum, who first started acting through drama ‘Lulu princess’ in 2005, started to make actual career as an actress through ‘Love’ on 2007, and has made appearances in ‘Can you hear my heart’, ‘Golden Time’, ‘The incarnation of money’, ‘Secret’, etc, since then, and recorded a high viewing rate in every work that she played a leading role, thus continuing a legend of definite success in dramas.
In C-Jes Entertainment with which Hwang Jung-Eum has signed exclusive contract, there are Choi Min-Sik, Seol Kyung-Ku, Lee Jung-Jae, JYJ (Kim Jae-Joong, Park Yoo-Chun, Kim Jun-Su), Lee Beom-Su, Park Ju-Mi, Park Sung-Woong, Kwak Do-Won, Kim Kang-Woo, Kang Hye-Jung, Song Ji-Hyo, Gu Mi, etc. 

• 1 month later...

October 10, 2014
Hwang Jung Eum's new selfie becoming a hot issue Source: STARN News
20141010153505_54377e1988b93_1.jpg
Hwang Jung Eum's new selfies are becoming a hot issue.
On October 10th, Hwang Jung Eum uploaded the selfies on her blog, and wrote, "Make a smile and take selfies when you feel tired! Smile will bring you luck!"
The photos show Hwang Jung Eum, in casual outfits, making different facial expressions, barely wearing any makeup.
Many fans are showing explosive reactions for her lovely look, and amazing skin condition.
Meanwhile, Hwang Jung Eum is playing in SBS drama 'Endless Love' as Seo In Ae these days.
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

• 3 weeks later...

November 1, 2014
[interview] Hwang Jung Eum Speaks Up on Her Relationship with Kim Yong Jun
Newsen Lee Min Ji  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Hwang Jung Eum revealed that things have been going smoothly in her relationship with boyfriend Kim Yong Jun.
Hwang Jung Eum attended an interview on October 27 in Sinsa-dong and brought up her 9 year relationship with Kim Yong Jun.
When asked about marriage, Hwang Jung Eum said, “Although I can’t live without Yong Jun, sometimes I say to him, ′I′m not going to marry you.′ But then, sometimes I say, ′When are we going to get married?′. He says the same thing. We might end up getting married, but if we break up, we break up."
She said, “I’m sick of him. But again, Yong Jun is the only one I have. We break up and get back together again but the break up doesn’t last a week. If one of us doesn’t call, the other one ends up calling. It’s amazing. We’re like a family. He’s like my younger brother.”
79167002.jpg
Hwang Jung Eum said, “Yong Jun doesn’t get deeply involved in my work. He says, ‘Jung Eum can do well on her own.’ I think I’m continuing to stay with him because there is no one else like him. He is a good guy. He has certain things that I don’t have. We depend on each other because we’re so different.”
Meanwhile, SBS’s Endless Love starring Hwang Jung Eum ended on October 26. Hwang Jung Eum revealed, “There are many things I regret but working on a drama itself deeply moves me.” 
Photo credit: Newsen

November 15, 2014
Hwang Jung-eum Looks for More Variety in Acting Parts
Source: The Chosun Ilbo
2014111500486_0.jpg

Hwang Jung-eum now seems to feel comfortable about acting as she has spent over 10 years in the job.
Hwang made her debut as a member of K-pop girl group Sugar in 2002, but quit her short-lived singing career to take up acting in 2005. The transition was not easy, but she was determined to become an actress which has sustained her through the ups and downs of her career.
Her latest TV drama "Endless Love" wrapped up recently without drawing much attention. Despite poorer-than-expected results in terms of viewer ratings, her acting was quite impressive.
"Whatever the outcomes were, I was happy to work on that drama," Hwang said. "I wanted to challenge myself and try hard to make the versatile role touching and convincing at all times. I thought in order to improve my acting skills I should try to do something unfamiliar or even play characters I'm not good at. In the end, it gave me a lot to reflect upon so I don't regret it." 
When facing hard times, Hwang tells herself "I should be grateful about how quickly and how far I've come as an actress when it's rare to see successful cases of singers turned actors." 
"Acting is like a healing process for me, I get the most satisfaction and greatest pleasure when I get praised for my acting. I think for my immediate happiness I have nothing else to focus on but acting," she added.
"I'd like to do a comical character in my next project." Hwang said.

Archived