[drama 2003] Attic Cat 옥탑방 고양이

ling99905

I have a request...and I am sorry, that I come with such a request, but I am desperate ;___;

I am trying to download episode 10 from a Clubbox for about 2 weeks now...but it just won't finish T_T

so I wanted to ask, if maybe someone could upload this episode on sendspace/megaupload/yousendit/rapidshare (whatever works).

And maybe also further episodes (11-16), since I don't know if I would have more success with them...

I soooo want to watch this drama until the end T.T pleeaaa~se m(_)m

hi Yume,

Too bad I don't have the full episode now with English subtitle as I have bought the VCD. Hope middy has kept the download clip.

Here share some of the caps.

catmvjun05-1.jpg

catmvjun05-2.jpg

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm...so i am so a KRW fan now...i'm looking to watch his kdramas...as some of you know i just finished watching LSIH, and now Attic Cats look good too. so the ultimate question is will there be a happy ending? good ending? i mean the synopsis just says that the lead female character is offered a chance to study abroad and KRW's character is left behind? is that how it ends? i just wanna know...don't want to get too attached...and then not have them end up together. thanks for the info in advance. :D i know i'm so weird, wanting to know the end before even seeing the beginning... :blink: that's me!

I could be reposting old news but anyway, here is the MBC website to preview the first 20 minutes of chapter one with english subtitles.

http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/drama.asp?idx=10

The synopsis link does not work but there is an excellent chapter by chapter listing at YesAsia:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/prddept.aspx?sect...d=1003202235#ep

hmmm...so i am so a KRW fan now...i'm looking to watch his kdramas...as some of you know i just finished watching LSIH, and now Attic Cats look good too. so the ultimate question is will there be a happy ending? good ending? i mean the synopsis just says that the lead female character is offered a chance to study abroad and KRW's character is left behind? is that how it ends? i just wanna know...don't want to get too attached...and then not have them end up together. thanks for the info in advance. :D i know i'm so weird, wanting to know the end before even seeing the beginning... :blink: that's me!

Hi Yaso. Go for it! You won't be disappointed. :D

You will be amazed to see the extent of RW's talent. Todate, I still have difficulty coming to terms with the fact that the actor who plays Hyun Woo and Kyung Min are one and the same.

Here are some behind the screen pcs of Dabin and Lee Hyeon-woo

00352280_2.jpg

04_0.jpg

52_0.jpg

06_0.jpg

05.jpg

51_0.jpg

credits to BaiDu.cn :D

Oh My! Lee Hyeon Woo shows more expression off camera then he does in Attic Cat. <_<

You will be amazed to see the extent of RW's talent. Todate, I still have difficulty coming to terms with the fact that the actor who plays Hyun Woo and Kyung Min are one and the same.

thanks kim...hmm...he's that good huh? i don't doubt it at all. i mean from seeing him in "my little bride" to "LSIH"...i'd probably have a hard time being he was the same person after watching "attic cats"...well it's midterm time...but "attic cats" will be at the top of my list of kdramas to watch. thanks for the info! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Xiao A

i'm not really sure if this essay has been posted already...

well if it is.. just pretend it's NOT... hahaha...

Attic Cat (2003, MBC miniseries)

atticcat1.jpg

Kim Rae Won fever can be felt everywhere in Korea after Attic Cat was broadcast on TV. Indeed, he has started received more advertising offers and his clothing and dress style which is copied from his role in Attic Cat have become popular among teenagers.

Attic Cat Kim Rae Won is Kyung Min, a law student who is taking his final year exams to become a prosecutor. His only aim in life seems to be wooing the beautiful Hye Ryun (played by Choi Yoon Jin), who has a striking resemblance to his dead mother. Due to a twist of luck, he realizes that Jeong Eun, played by Jung Da Bin, is a good friend of Hye Ryun, and he steps up to make a good impression on Jeong Eun, even agreeing to pay for her rent at the "ok tap bang" (rooftop house), hoping that he might score some brownie points in front of Hye Ryun. Unfortunately, he runs into some bad debts and gets chased by loan sharks. In the end, he moves into the attic roof house which he rented for Jeong Eun. Feelings grew between them although he is convinced that it is a pure platonic friendship between them.

Jeong Eun, on the other hand is a high school graduate trying to look for a job. She is optimistic about life even though she might be poor. When her family moves to another city, she decides to stay in Seoul and rents the "ok tap bang" which Kyung Min helped pay for the rent. Her spirited character also draws her boss's (Lee Hyun Woo) attention. The story becomes more complicated when her boss happens to be the guy that Hye Ryun likes. You can expect a tassle of attention seeking and backstabbing events.

The funny scenarios start when Jeong Eun and Kyung Min, who are living together, always have constant fights. When the situation gets out of hand, Jeong Eun will chase Kyung Min out of the house and Kyung Min will pack his things and leave. However, Kyung Min always returns and the two of them will compromise eventually. At some point, you wonder how many of such quarrels will have to go on before the plot takes a twist.

When things go wrong after Kyung Min's grandparents and Jeong Eun's family finds out about their cohabitation, a twist of events occurs which sees Jeong Eun leaving for England eventually.

Overall, Attic Cat (which is loosely based on an internet novel) is a fun and enjoyable drama to watch, and it has great onscreen chemistry between the two leads, Kim Rae Won and Jung Da Bin. Kim Rae Won proves himself as a potential upcoming actor in this drama. Jung Da Bin also proves her ability, after only appearing in minor roles before. The most wooden performance comes from Lee Hyun Woo. Acting as Hye Ryun's "oppa" (big brother, or older male friend), his performance never goes beyond the few facial expressions that he carries.

(Review by Kit Lim)

source: http://www.koreanfilm.org/tvdramas/index.htm#atticcat

Guest nAtSuKi

hi!! wen i just watch attic cat yesterday and the day before yesterday.. but unfortunately, i dint have the last episode!!!!!!! waaaaa.... i left hanging on the ending.... and im starting to like Rae Won Oppa....

can somebod help me where to watch the last episode of Attic Cat (w/ english sub)? and can somebody help me download the OST of Attic Cat.. thank you..

By the way...

Happy Birthday To Kim Rae Won!!! *hugs and kisses from me*

Guest Middy

:w00t::D

Special thankss to rubie ~ ^^ ---- fr: celeb news thread ~~

-------------------------------------

2006-03-24

---------------------------------------

Culture Ministry, KOCCA Pledge 10 Bil. Won to Export Cultural Content

rama_l.jpg

The Ministry of Culture and Tourism and the Korea Culture & Content Agency (KOCCA) will release a comprehensive plan for 2006 to support domestic cultural content providers in their advance overseas.

A "presentation on the support for the export of cultural content" will be held at the Seminar Room on the first floor of the KOCCA building in Yeoksam-dong, Seoul on Mar. 24 at 2:00 p.m. A comprehensive plan will be disclosed for the support of exporting cultural content in all genres, such as music, comics, animation, film characters, mobile contents, and edutainment.

A total amount of 10 billion won will be provided for 32 projects in six categories for the expansion of the export markets or development of new markets this year. Last year, such support was focused on individual projects. But this year, the support will be given to the providers of cultural content.

Ahn Suk-joon, chief of the KOCCA's Export Support Team, said, "Until last year, we focused on supporting the export of promising projects. But this year, we will put the emphasis on promising enterprises, giving them comprehensive support for their production of programs, training of personnel, and exports of products."

Such support will be given to a total of six categories: support for the production of programs in the country and laying the foundation for exports; support for overseas marketing activities; establishment of domestic and overseas networks and galvanization of exchange; support for marketing activities via KOCCA's branches overseas; building an information infrastructure on overseas markets; and training of personnel to prepare them for promotional activities overseas.

More specifically, the KOCCA will support domestic enterprises in showcasing music programs overseas, hosting presentations on cultural contents, and carrying out PR activities for cultural programs overseas. The KOCCA will significantly strengthen the role of its overseas branches in the United States, China, Japan and Britain to promptly provide Korean enterprises with local information and help them in a substantial way by giving them legal advice.

"We have worked out a comprehensive plan to support, in as many sectors as possible, enterprises wishing to advance into overseas markets by finding out what they need in the first place," said a KOCCA official.

Source: http://english.kbs.co.kr/society/news/1388513_11773.html

---------------------------------

ATTIC CAT...what a name? :phew: l simply loved this drama...the role that raeWon was so SUPER! l love Him as a mischievous guy...funny and he annoys me very much with his acting..... :crazy::crazy: but l perfer HIM this way...whereas in WSAYF...his acting is too serious, sad.... :tears::tears:

• 2 weeks later...

Found this review on IMDB(Internet Movie Database)

User Comments:

2 out of 2 people found the following comment useful:-

The best K-drama to air in USA so far, 10 January 2006

Author: Pro Jury

*** Does contain spoilers. ***

If THE LONG VACATION is Japanese TV's calling card to the international TV market, then ROOFTOP ROOM CAT or ROOFTOP CAT or ATTIC CAT must be South Korea's standard bearer.

ROOFTOP ROOM CAT involves a rich lost-in-life college boy who wants the sexy rich girl who wants the successful business man who wants the poor but responsible girl who wants the rich lost-in-life college boy.

It a good love quad-angle with lots of forceful parents and grandparents adding to the drama. While ROOFTOP ROOM CAT does not have the world class music of THE LONG VACATION or its sense of place in entertainment history, ROOFTOP ROOM CAT does share relationships between generations (grandparents, parents, adult children) while still remaining hip and very fun to watch.

This is the best K-drama series so far. Like with many Korean names in the IMDb, most all of the character names spelled in the English subtitles for this series on the AZN cable channel are spelled differently than they are spelled here at IMDb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477528/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I watch this drama last year so funny.... :D I'm glad that i can finish watching k-drama :D coz of my hectic schedule of work :mellow:

This is my Cat On The Roof NG Korean Drama Clip 옥탑방 고양이

cotr.jpg

Guest uguudei

Is there anyone who knows where to d/l episodes with english subs except CB links?

thanx in advance!!!!!

Archived