Tim Hwang Young Min, The Korean-american Ballad Prince

Guest natedao

Guest orangechocolate

Hello All Tim Lovers ^^

Long time no visit here....i found his news for a 2-3 weeks ago but forgot update, sorry !~

90318376jk1.gif

題名 : Tim First Live in OSAKA

イベ&#12531‚51;時間は多少変更となる場合がございます。

会場 : 松下IMPホール(会場地図はこちら)

大阪府大阪市中央区城見1丁&"356;ます。

会場 : 松下IMPホール(会場地図はこちら)

大阪府大阪市中央区城見1丁目3-7松下IMPビル

料金 : 8,500円(税込) 全席指定

募集人員 : 800名様 ( お申込順となります。 )

プログラム :

・ Timの歌声を存分に楽しんでいただきます。

・ 友情出演(ゲスト参加)予定。

その他の内容はお楽しみに・・・

※ プログラムは予告なく変更することがあります。

Credit:TIMocean

Hello wigglelin ^^ nice to meet you. Ohh! Thanksss for your summary. it's cool that the news refer his single will be popular on music chart (again) btw, DL link above still working pls. try again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest orangechocolate

Hello Tim's Planet ^^

Congrats to New Tim's nik thread and A new (wicked) starter :tongue2:

Sissy Pls. Dont Pollute sth. here oki? We have to make this Planet so pure, green and clean like an Owner LOL

Dear All Tim's Planeters :lol:

Actually, i found TONS of Tim's news and articles but Unfortunately, there is only in Korean or Chinese Language so if some of you can summary or would like to help translated it...Pls. feel free PM to me 'cause i think if i use online translator,we might got wrong infos. about TIM...Advance Thank you so much guys!~

2004.03 MTV Korea scores big with 'Tim's World'

Hwang's voice blew away a fellow churchgoer, who then called her producer son, and the rest is history Tim Hwang. Unless you tune into MTV Korea, this name will probably mean as much as the first half of the movie "JSA" without subtitles.

With his make-or-break debut album about to drop on the K-pop market later this month, his reality TV show practically introducing the genre to Korea, eating up the ratings on MTV and garnering a Web fan base, the question will soon be not who, but how?

Hwang's voice blew away a fellow churchgoer, who then called her producer son, and the rest is history.

"It's a cool concept: a day in the life of Tim," said 21-year-old Hwang of the surprise-hit show, "Tim's World."

"On KBS you just get to see the made-up personalities. But you really get to see me, the way I act, my daily beliefs. People are curious about what we do outside the recording. It's totally like they're following me around."

The embryonic star admits he occasionally feels the squeeze.

"Because MTV's there I can't do certain things, like take off my pants. There's a constant pressure to be 'on'," he said.

Rewind to the year 2000.

Jeong Jae-moon is pacing around his office in Seoul. The president of JM Entertainment is abuzz with excitement.

The same man who broke domestic pop icons Deux, Yoon Sang and Lee Hyun-do has been waiting four years for this moment. Demo in hand, he picks up the phone.

Across the water in Philadelphia, 18 year-old Korean American Tim Hwang has just spent his first day buried in pharmaceutical textbooks at Temple University. The phone rings. Can he fly to Korea and audition?

Hwang never makes his second day of college. Rewind further.

Former State choirboy Hwang is at his father's church, singing Christian songs with his brothers.

Compared to gigs at Carnegie Hall this is a piece of cake. One of the (largely ethnic) congregation is in rapture, blown away by his voice. She calls her producer son, he listens, they make a demo, he sends it to Jeong and bam, days later the plane tickets are in the mail.

At The Korea Herald headquarters in Myeong-dong two weeks ago, Tim sits surrounded by an already burgeoning entourage. Two managers, a make-up girl and a wardrobe stylist form a protective barrier, flinching when he flinches.He's hot property and, as of yet, only a thousand people at best know his name.

Tim, with his movie-star good looks and boy-next-door personality, is embroiled in a war with his sweater, wrapping it over his head and tying up his arms. He's not pre-fabricated, he's not pre-scripted, he's 100 percent Tim. You can practically see the ghosts of teenage girls clutching their hearts, giggling, panting and collapsing in fits of hysteria at his knees.

Tim recalls meeting aloof boss Jeong after two weeks.

"We went to the studio and sang and afterwards he said, 'O.K., now get out.' He thought I'd be ugly or weird looking. You know how it is when someone has a good voice, there's usually

something wrong with them, right? So he was kind of surprised."

Trivia like this is documented by the man himself on the show. The brainchild of JM and MTV Korea has proved to be a barnstorming success since its launch Dec. 2, with screenings three times a week and re-runs the following day. On Monday's show, viewers got to see Tim tuning up in the studio, traveling to a bookstore and tearing through Music Life magazine to read his interview.

One day his hair is golden, the next black.

He plays soccer video games with manager Lee Jae-hyun to the strains of Supergrass "Alright." He talks to the camera. Other people talk to the camera. You see relationships evolve and, most importantly, Tim's personality carries the show.

He is, basically, very cool. You're engaged even without understanding a word of Korean. That's the star quality. But is it entertainment? "Some of the shows aren't fun," says the channel's Dan Hwang.

"We don't make it a scripted show. It's just whatever's a part of Tim's agenda. No-one in Korea gets to see their stars doing that kind of stuff." Tim's innocence to the industry allows fans to identify with him, observes show Producer Lee Sang-ho. Judicious cutting is required when the star makes boobs underscoring his "cultural difference."

Tim indicates that even reality requires some culturing.

"My image is 'jakhan' (kind), that's what they're trying to promote. They're basically keeping me as I am. But sometimes I say the wrong thing, show the wrong personality, like get mad, or my hair's a massive mess or I stutter, and they take it out. That's the beauty of TV. When I mess up I can say 'Tashi halkkeyo' (let's do it again)," he said. Shooting is done one week in advance, just in case.

Some of the most vocal criticisms of reality TV are that it's often banal, uninformative and intrusive. Critics ask rhetorically where producers should draw the line. Do we, for example, want to watch Kim Dae-jung's retirement as continues his research at an eminent University? Probably not. Do we want to see Tim taking a shower?

Korean censorship laws pre-empt that question.

There are no cameras installed in his house, no EDtv close-ups of the star canoodling with his girlfriend, which he points out he doesn't have. "Tim's World" slam dunks the critics with its instructive agenda, deconstructing the making of a star with the same detail that Prof.

Gunther von Hagens deconstructs the human body into plastinated segments.

Where others default it gains; fans want the prosaic details that add three dimensions to the pin-up poster. Producer Lee says it shows success as being conditional on grueling hard work.

Tim concurs. "It's the cliche, like when you hear Christina Aguilera saying it's more difficult than you think behind the scenes, but it's true." Recording for the album took 18 months, three times as long as a conservative standard.

The production crew trashed hundreds of songs, reluctant to make Tim another rushed casualty.

There was also the minor handicap of Tim singing in an alien tongue.

"I lost count of how many times I sang 'I love you' and the guys kept telling me, 'No,that's not how you sing 'I love you' in Korean." He repeats carefully the hook that female fans will project their fantasies onto when he's an estranged star. The recently shot video of the album's prospective tent-pole song, "Sarang hamnida," will do a blanket run on all cable stations Mar. 17. Filming meant crashing at 5 a.m. and sleeping for an hour for three consecutive days. What are we going to see?

"There's a girl and we ... (laughs). I want to keep that a secret," says the man whose moral fiber is as sturdy as your average armor-plated tank.

And talking of tanks, Tim's experience of Korea is fashioning ideas for future charity work to help his impoverished communist neighbors.

"We live in Paju. It's about 5 minutes from the border and we can see the fake city in North Korea that's made out of cardboard or something, to show how well off they are. We're driving along and a tank will roll past us. It's incredible. People are sitting on the side of the road with bazookas. Now I feel what South Korean people feel every day, living next door to that tension."

Lest he pen a song about reunification too soon, a quick reminder that fame comes with its own accelerated form of longevity (manager Lee gives him at least 4-5 years).

With the last president's "sunshine policy" of engagement with the North currently going down like a lead balloon, he might want to shun politics for a while. After all, that's one arena reality sometimes has a hard time cracking.

**Source:TimOceam.com**

**By Matt Hodges Staff Reporter**

Watch >>> Tim's World (1)

Watch >>> Tim's World (2)

Watch >>> Tim's World (3)

Watch >>> Tim's World (4)

Watch >>> Tim's World (5)

Watch >>> Tim's World (6)

Watch >>> Tim's World (7)

Watch >>> Tim's World (8)

**YT credit:pringles2525**

Guest orangechocolate

Korean artists expanding 2003.04

JTL picked up the "Favorite Korean Artist" honors at the MTV Asia awards in Singapore.

Last year, singer Park Ji-yoon received the "Most fashionable singer" trophy at the MTV Fashion Awards in China.

Last month, BoA was nominated for "Best Pop Video," while Jaurim was a presenter at the MTV Video Awards in Japan. Throughout Asia, Korean music is taking the lead and MTV Korea is strategizing for the promotion of Korean music in the region with their new program, "MTV Kayozine" - the first English-language Korean music TV magazine that will promote Korean artists to international viewers.

The show will air on MTV Asia and MTV Mandarin starting early July and on MTV Korea in mid-July.

"We are taking a more aggressive role in pushing Korean artists overseas, so we are developing stronger relationships with our other affiliate MTV channels, be that in Japan, Taiwan and Singapore. Others have tried this concept, with limited success, but we have the leverage to make it happen on a bigger and better scale," explained Bernie Cho, creative planner at MTV Korea in an interview with The Korea Herald.

Debut singer, Tim, will host the show, as it establishes itself as a window into K-pop culture. "At MTV, music is not just entertainment. Music is a lifestyle with its own code and culture.

So as much as MTV stands for 'music television," we're also about 'more than videos. With music being the unifying umbrella, we open the umbrella to show the different spokes whether it's film, fashion or animation," said

Cho.

생략..

By Krista Kim Contributing writer

**Source:TimOcean.com**

MTV Korea's Tim is smooth, sincere :lol:

Recording artist Tim who released his debut album earlier this year saw his song "I love you" top the pop charts.

The concept of his first album is smooth and sincere, a style that Tim describes as something "between pop and R&B." Most management companies restrict a debut artist's artistic input for their first album release, but Tim was fortunate to be given the rein to lead the artistic direction of his album with the help of his brother, Daniel. "I had a lot of input into my album.

My Younger brother, Daniel You-min Hwang, also wrote some songs on it. I have a great president and manager who wanted to do things my way. I had good luck with the people that I met, because they all wanted to help me. It's very real music. The lyrics and melodies are real to me, so I'm very thankful," Tim explained in a recent interview with The Korea Herald.

Three years ago and fresh out of high school, Tim left Philadelphia on the quest for pop stardom in Korea - working hard to break through hindering cultural barriers. Having first arrived with minimal Korean language ability, Tim took intensive lessons and studied hard, and his efforts ventually paid off.

"As much as I can say that I'm Korean, I can't ignore that I'm also American. There are differences in the way we think and act. They really get to you after four months. That's why I

forced myself to learn Korean, to break down the communication barriers," said Tim

Tim, 21, whose Korean name is Hwang Young-min, was born and raised in Philadelphia. His father is an ordained minister and Tim's singing career began at church choir.

Tim regards his journey to Korea as a spiritual cause.

"I'm very religious actually, and not because of my father. It's more because I realized that there's something more spiritually. I believe that Jesus Christ is the reason I get everything I want. If I can turn one person to turn to God and Jesus, then I feel like I've done my job. It all started for me

at church, so I want to help the church also," Tim said.

Many windows of opportunity are opening for the young recording artist with a boyish charm and unique sense of style. Tim became the host for MTV Korea's new program "Kayozine," which showcases Korean musicians to Asia-wide audiences through the MTV Asia network.

"Every week, I film, and it really helps me keep up my English fluency. At the same time, it gives me experience in front of the camera. I love music, and I've loved it all my life, but I'm not sure where my path will go because I'm open to a lot of things in entertainment. I want to act, too. I have to control myself. I have to have my priorities. The MTV job is a good opportunity for me so far," said Tim.

By Krista Kim Contributing writer

**Source:TimOcean.com**

Wha...So fabulous!!~ even if i back read this very old article but seem he's still be the same until now. ^^ Fighting TIM

Guest natedao

Tim Clips in Tudou.com

posted by 'Tim4ever'

--Tim Performance--

(2003)

2003.08.26 SBS Super Model

2003.08.09 ITV Over The Rainbow

2003.11.12 KMTV Concert

2003.04.24 M NET Brick

2003.09.08 KBS2 Music Bank Missing You with FTTS

2003.06.14 MBC Music Camp

2003.06.08 KBS2- Love Letter

2003.08.08 KBS2

2003.10.04 MBC with FTTS

2003.07.19 MBC

2003 KBS2

(2004)

2004 Break Away

2004.07.04 Smile

Yes Performance

2004.08.07 KMTV Summer Music Festival Lean on me

2004.09.08 SBS-R Young Street[1]

2004.09.08 SBS-R Young Street[2]

2004.06.27 SBS

2004 M-Net Special “Story”

2004.11.06 "Just the Two Of Us"

2004 ‘Thanks Performance’

(2005)

(2006)

2006 YNT Star

2006 Just the two of us

2006 ‘Just the two of us’

2006.10.15 Rise Up New York

(2007)

2007.12.19 SBS

2007.12.22 MBS Music Core

2007.12.20 M-Net

2007.12.19 TBS Music Star Concert

2007.12.15 YTN Star Power Stage

2007.11.17 KBS2-Love Letter

2007.12.05 M-Net M Super Concert

2007.11.28 M-Net Show Music Tank

2007.11.17 M-Net, KMTV-Show Music Tank

2007.11.08 M-Net

2007.11.01 M-Net Count Down

2007.11.01 M-Net Count Down

2007.10.30 SBS

2007.10.30 SBS(interview on the Stage)

2007.10.30 SBS

2007.10.28 SBS

2007.07.11 TFM-RXN just the two fo us

2007.07.11 TFM-RXN

(2008)

2008.05.06 ENT Yedeng Online Power Concert

2008.01.09 YNT Star Live Music Power

2008.01.22 Go News TV Live Chat

2008.01.09 KBS1 Love Request

2008.01.18 KBS2 Music Bank

2008.01.12 MBC Show

2008.01.13 SBS

(Undefined)

“Tim&Lyn” I am Angle

Stop now

April Love Concert Report

ChannelV Tim&Star<endless love>

Love of my Life

Raising Korea

MTV

MTV Taiwan(1)

MTV Taiwan(2)

2006 MTV TRL SEOUL

2008.01.09 MVT Live Wow

Undefined

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][1-1]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][1-2]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][1-3]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][1-4]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][1-5]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][1-6]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][2-1]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][2-2]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][2-3]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][2-4]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][2-5]

M-NET - Japan Star VJ Show][2-6]

M-NET Japan All About Drama

M-NET Japan All About Drama

Jesus, The Musical

CTS Report

Jesus Cut(1)

Jesus Cut(2)

Jesus Cut(3)

Jesus Rehearsal

MTV

CBS Interview

CBS Interview(1)

CBS Interview(2)

CBS Interview(3)

2008 Love is Concert

With You

MV

3rd Album 'Beware' MV

2nd Ablum MV

Fanmade MV

Fanmade MV[1]

Polarize Photo MV

In a day MV

2nd Album MV BTS

1st Saranghamnida MV

Fanmeeting

Japan 2007

credit:in the clip and tim4ever@tudou :)

Download Link

AHA TV

Interview_Making MV to some degree of love

MyDaily 2007 performance

Osen 2007.12.17

RXN news 2007.07.18

SSTV 2008.11.08(You rise me up perf.)

special thanks OC ^^

*feel free to correct me if you find any missing details or wrong info, Thanks*

Guest yg_bigbang

You know what's really cool?

My church pastor, Pastor Matt originally wrote and sang the song

Walk On Water, and he sent it to Tim Hwang and he resang it for him and put it on his album =]

It's a bit different from my pastor's version, but it's still amazing<3

Guest natedao

You know what's really cool?

My church pastor, Pastor Matt originally wrote and sang the song

Walk On Water, and he sent it to Tim Hwang and he resang it for him and put it on his album =]

It's a bit different from my pastor's version, but it's still amazing<3

hi yg_bigbang, really?

ah..really want to listen Pastor Matt's version ^^

'walk on water' is beautiful, even im not Christian but when i listen Tim's version i feel so touched with his singing :)

Guest orangechocolate

[코리아타임즈] Tim Sings Sweet Ballads, Once Again (2006.5.23)

ensor200605231627280timka3.th.jpg

'' The love that we trusted so dearly became a sad memory just in one day … just in one day, the heart that only knew you, the heart that would only beat for you is rusting useless with tears…''

The above are some of the lyrics of singer Tim's '' In One Day (Harusae)'' from his third album which was released late last month. The singer shot to stardom with a ballad number ``I Love You (Saranghamnida)'' in 2003,

and since then, Tim has become known for his great vocal ability and clean-cut looks. His songs are sweetly sorrowful, mostly about unrequited love or parted lovers, and his third album does not much deviate from that sentimental melancholy.

''I think I do not do well with dance music. I feel more comfortable and natural when I sing sad ballad songs. Through them, I can express my inner emotions as much as I want to,'' the 25-year-old said in an interview with The Korea Times.

Tim has come back with his third album '' Traces of Sensitivity (Kamsong)'' about two years after his last album. Before its release, a new digital single ''In My Dream (Kumsogeso)'' featuring dreamy synthesizer effects was released in mid-February on the Internet, attracting a lot of attention.

The album is composed of seven new ballad songs, one remake of popular song of Park Jin-young's

''Behind You (Noui Tuieso)'' and two instrumental pieces. Participating are top musicians like Yoon Sang, Jeong Jae-il, Kang Soo-ho and Han Sang-won. From his very first album, Yoon, who is known for being stingy with giving his songs to other singers, has been contributing his pieces to Tim. The title song '' In One Day'' is also Yoon's.

This time, other than singing, Tim has participated as a producer and also an album designer. The cover of the album is a photograph of white tissues.

''I first thought about what could best express the theme of the album, which is the sensitivity of the human being. Then the white tissues that piled up around me when I had a hard time last year suddenly popped into my head,'' he said.

''A white tissue is just like a white canvas. Think about a white canvas. When a painter puts paint on it, the canvas comes to have its own story. Similarly, when a tissue meets someone's tears, it has its own story, its own message. I wanted my album to be a tissue that could wipe away people's tears, something that could truly listen to the story of each person.''

What overcame the fragile sensitivity and tears in Tim's life were time, music and religious belief. So inside the album cover, pictures show tissues lying side by side with a clock, a guitar and a Bible.

Born in Philadelphia, Tim grew up in the United States until his freshman year at Temple University. The singer's name, Tim, comes from his English name Timothy Hwang. His Korean name is Hwang Young-min.

Until he was picked up by an entertainment agency, he never thought of becoming a professional singer. However, music was always something that came naturally to him. From childhood, he pursued musical activities in both schools and churches. He was a member of the church choir, and also a saxophonist in a jazz band. When he was offered the chance to become a singer, he left his family, came to Korea and spent more than two years training before debuting as a singer in 2003.

''I feel very lucky to be a singer as I can have music as permanent part of my life,'' he said.

Tim is a devout Christian. His father is a pastor. While taking a rest just before making his comeback, he went on a mission to Cambodia with his family. One of the songs in the new album is a gospel composed by his older brother.

''I would like to work as a singer as long as time permits. I want to ultimately become a singer who can console and give encouragement to people. That's all I want,'' he said.

michelle@koreatimes.co.kr

***Credit: 헤르메스@timocean***

Listen & Watch >>>>MV "In Just A day aka In one day"

Hello yg_bigbang ^^ Nice to meet you and thank for sharing your story. Tim's a very faithful person. im really appreciated all his songs which dedicated to God. :)

Guest natedao

Does anyone know when Tim is coming to the states ? Like for a concert

'lovelypyeha76', hi ^^

i wanna know too LOL

I love tim...anyone know where i can get the morning star song? it's awesome...

'jsong210', hi you can listen it at Imeem.com, search "Morning Star Tim" ^^, yes, beautiful song esp. Tim sings it eiei.

btw, try search in google im sure there's DL available ;)

Mai, thank you for sharing Timmy's pics ka Hehe you're Thai! ^^

natedao: thanks for the pics!! didn't realize he was at the andre kim fashion show.

dark_moon: love those pics you posted. ^^

yg_bigbang: really? that's awesome! it's my fave christian track by tim out of all the ones he's done so far. :lol:

i just realized that he released a single back in december. i love that song sooooo much!! when's he coming out with a new album? XD i miss his voice.

does anyone know where tim's management company is located in korea? :D i'm curious cuz i'm going to korea for the next two weeks.

Guest natedao

natedao

thanks alot ^^

M a i ;

Mai. so glad ah seeing Tim's fan from the same country :D

natedao: thanks for the pics!! didn't realize he was at the andre kim fashion show.

i just realized that he released a single back in december. i love that song sooooo much!! when's he coming out with a new album? XD i miss his voice.

does anyone know where tim's management company is located in korea? :D i'm curious cuz i'm going to korea for the next two weeks.

dreamweaver, nice to meet you here no prob for the pics ^^ i myself wanna THANK YOU for all the goodies in the previous pages

wow... you're going to Korea? Envy Envy :P if im not mistake, his management company is LOBE, LOBE Entertainment you can find some infos there. Wush you have a wonderful trip in Korea!

dreamweaver, nice to meet you here no prob for the pics ^^ i myself wanna THANK YOU for all the goodies in the previous pages

wow... you're going to Korea? Envy Envy :P if im not mistake, his management company is LOBE, LOBE Entertainment you can find some infos there. Wush you have a wonderful trip in Korea!

natedao: hello! :lol: i'm lisa. nice to meet you as well. oh, you're most welcome. ^^ i hope he'll perform again soon. his voice is always so soothing to listen to. =D

thank you sooo much for the mgt. co. info!! i had no idea he was with LOBE. actually, i haven't even heard of this company before. :P *jots down info* thank you so much! i'm leaving this saturday, so i'm very excited!! i'm going there for the first time. ^^

Archived