Lee Soo Hyuk 이수혁 [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Queen Woo"] [Upcoming Drama 2024 "S Line"]

partyon

Guest snklgs

OMG! LSH posted 3 pics since yesterday, two of which are pictures of his gorgeous self:) eeeekkkk, no time to update here until  the weekend. But I am just flailing' and so happy to be alive to witness his IGs:) Life is LSH, Love is LSH^^

Guest ascsp

He is singing for us!!!

If the song will be uploaded on YouTube or somewhere else, we could download it and duet with him (into the shower)

Guest snklgs

It has been crazy at work, but this video made my day:) He also posted on IG. Hot Blind Reason campaign pics too.
His Japanese is not bad at all^^  will translate later in more detail from the japanese subs. But basically, he's saying he's honored to be the rep this year and saying hi to all Japanese fans. I literally shrieked in joy at the end of this video^^ Thanks for the feel-good-feels Soo hyukkie or is it Soo hyuk-ah or Chagi^^

PS: Just looking at him makes me wanna workout^^

Guest snklgs

He has been updating a lot on IG.  love the one where he's recording a song for his FMs. Looking forward to hearing him sing.

Proof that VL really made an impact with a whole lot of people, here's his international sched.

March 22 : Hongkong "Rising Star of Asia Award"

April  5: Japan "Korea Japan Friendship Event"

April 18: Thailand Fan Meeting

May 9: Shanghai Fan Meeting

Guest kyung-jin

Lee Soo Hyuk’s Breakout Year Earns Him An Award

BY Julie Jones | Mar 16, 2015 09:57 AM EDT

Lee Soo Hyuk

2014 was a breakout year for model-turned-actor Lee Soo Hyuk. And his efforts during that year have earned him a "Rising Star" award at the 8th Asian Film Awards. The Asian Film Awards Academy (AFAA) presents the award to the most outstanding rookie actor or actress of the year.

Lee will travel to Hong Kong on March 22 for interviews and then head to Macau for the March 25 awards ceremony. Choi Min Sik, Bae Doona, Jo Jin Woong, Han Ye Ri and D.O. are all nominated for the Best Korean Film Star and are expected to attend the ceremony.

It's not the first time that the actor received an award, but his previous awards were for modeling. Lee debuted as a model, appearing in such top-notch fashion magazines as GQ, Elle and Bazaar. He won a Best New Model award from the Korea fashion Photographers Association in 2007, a Best Dressed award, Model Category from 25th Korea Best Dressed Swan Awards in 2008 and Best Dressed award Actor Category in the 29th Korea Best Dressed Swan Awards in 2014.

But Lee Soo Hyuk's performances in the dramas "King of High School Savvy" and "Valid Love" have proven that he is not just a pretty face.

The tall slender actor began his acting career with small roles in such dramas as "What's Up, "Deep-Rooted Tree," "Vampire Idol" and "Shark" but it was not until he played the second lead and rivaled Seo In Guk in "The King of High School Savvy' that he truly displayed his star potential. He played a coldhearted yet vulnerable chaebol who fell for the hapless quirky office worker played by Lee Ha Na.

In past interviews Lee said that he would rather play a villain than a romantic lead.

"In romantic dramas in particular, it's the bad guy that starts the incidents so I want to try playing such a role," he said in an interview with asia.co.kr.

But his desire to play the bad guy did not stop him from playing a worthy romantic rival to Seo In Guk in the high school/office comedy. Nor did it stop him from playing the reclusive romantic carpenter Kim Joon in "Valid Love." Kim Joon not only caused Lee Si Young's character's heart to flutter but he also set hearts aflutter among the drama's audience. As a romantic rival for veteran actor Uhm Tae Woong, he also held his own. During the drama's press conference, Lee said that he saw the role as a chance to show a more human side. That may have been the key to his recent success.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/78251/20150316/lee-soo-hyuk-s-breakout-year-earns-him-an-award.htm

Guest ascsp

Kim Joon not only caused Lee Si Young's character's heart to flutter

like crazy

but he also set hearts aflutter among the drama's audience.

You can bet on it, Mr reporter.

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Kwang Soo, GOT7, 2NE1′s Sandara Park and More Attend VIP Screening for ′Twenty′
14964760.jpg
Lee Soo Hyuk catches eyes with his stylish outfit
The VIP screening for the film Twenty took place on March 18 at the COEX Megabox in Gangnam-gu.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/89552/photo-lee-kwang-soo-got7-2ne1s-sandara-park-and-more-attend-vip-screening-for-twenty

• 3 weeks later...
Guest snklgs

Soohyuk has been so busy lately^^

Quick report on his Japan trip.

He sang. That was stressful for him coz he doesn't even sing in front of friends.

He gave candy to fans who were on the train with him.

The impression of those who saw.him

..beautiful, cool, stylish, tall,gentle

smile, a bit shy, kind, deep voice, pure male.

Even those who.didnt know him thought that he will break out soon.they appear to know him in relation to gd and shark.

One interesting thing is that they address him as Soohyuk sama. I guess it is his aura;)

Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"Lee Soo Hyuk Is Considering His Second Vampire Drama

BY Julie Jones | Apr 08, 2015 08:21 AM EDT   

Lee Soo Hyuk

Lee Soo Hyuk is considering his second vampire drama and this time it's "The Scholar Who Walks The Night."

On April 8 Lee Soo Hyuk's agency Star J Entertainment told Newsen that he received the offer.

"Lee Soo Hyuk received an offer from MBC's 'Scholar Who Walks The Night' and is looking into it," said the Star J. Entertainment representative. "It has not been confirmed yet but we are in the middle of adjusting the schedules."

So far, the cast is shaping up nicely. Lee Jun Ki has already been cast as the male lead in this Joseon-era tale about a mysterious scholar with supernatural qualities. Besides Lee Jun Ki, TVXQ's Changmin has signed on to play a human character, a crown prince, in his first historical drama. Also, actresses Kim So Eun and Jin Se Yeon are reportedly considering roles. Jin Se Yeon has been offered the leading female role.

The heroine of the drama is a young girl whose family has been unjustly ruined and thus becomes impoverished. To support her family, she dresses up as a boy and sells books. On one of her selling trips she meets the mysterious scholar and cannot help but be attracted to him. The vampire scholar has done all he can to avoid the temptation of human interaction but falling in love makes his life difficult.

It's not known if the role that Lee Soo Hyuk is considering is that of another vampire or a human but he has played a vampire before. He played Soo Hyuk/Mukadil Paejua, one of the prince's servants and a vampire band vocalist in the 2011 paranormal drama "Vampire Idol."

In that drama, which also starred Kim Woo Bin and Hong Jung Hyun, a prince from a vampire planet travels to earth to see his favorite idol perform. And naturally he brings his entourage along.

"The Scholar Who Walks At Night" places vampires in the Joseon era and is based on a popular manhwa of the same name.

Lee Soo Hyuk does make a good vampire and even his last human role was a brooding one.  He played an emotionally distant reclusive carpenter in the drama "Valid Love" with Uhm Tae Woong and Lee Si Young. Before that he played the second lead in "The High School King of Savvy" with Seo In Guk and Lee Ha Na.

Are you excited about this potential cast?

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/80954/20150408/lee-soo-hyuk-is-considering-his-second-vampire-drama.htm

Guest ascsp

Enough vampires on tv, I hope he doesn't accept the role, or at least, I hope that he plays a human.

Edit
http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/04/lee-soo-hyuk-joins-scholar-who-walks-the-night/

Guest snklgs

I'm ambivalent as well...Although I badly want to see him in a drama..

Not sure whether this is going to be a good move

Guest snklgs

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTMxNDc0OTgw.html
Part of the Model-Actor Trend of SBS' One Night TV
He smiles a lot here:)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTI0ODE3MjY0.html

Addressing Chinese fans for his Shanghai FM
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UcA7fvpLMGw/
Komago, 2015  Japan 
Too sad that his Thailand fan meeting got cancelled:(

Guest snklgs

Ok, so LSH posted a pic of what appears to be his Vampire character...so I guess he confirmed that he is going to appear on The Scholar Who Walks in the Night?
Plus points:1. It is on a major network.2. He gets to work with Lee Junki....OMG the hotness of that visual combination:) As Hoobae though, I think he will be ecstatic working with LJK:)3.  He can do his ultimate vampire role and prove that his acting has gotten better since Vampire Idol.4. Can't be denied, but LSH is vampiric:) Like, suck me now...pleazzeee.  OK, he has graduated from hammer oppa^^5.  He can potentially seduce more fans by being his ethereal smexy self
Minus points1. He said himself he wanted to be viewed as "human". But his last SBS interview sort of hinted that he is ok --coz he needs exposure.2. The gains of play "human" Kim Joon might be washed away and he is stuck again with stereotypical non-human roles:(3. Changmin4. He doesn't appear to be even second lead here:(5. The drama might bomb big time 

Anyway, I am LSH-deprived and NEED to see him soon:)

Guest uhnny

*comes out of her cave upon hearing the casting news about LSH*
Another vampire role. A sageuk drama. Whatever.  If it's for Soo Hyuk, I'd watch it. I'll drag myself just to watch it. Ugh. Although I was hoping he'd be a lawyer/doctor/soldier/professor in his next project. Damn... he could even play as a stripper or something like Magic Mike and I'd be sure to watch it. loljk. :D

Makes me so proud as a fan that most of his activities after Valid Love are from overseas! What a way to make his name known to people and expand his fanbase!

@snklgs That's what I'm thinking too. I wonder what kind of character was that though. The white hair reminds me of Yoo Seung Ho's during Arang and the Magistrate. *imagines Soo Hyuk donning a white wig* =)) He'll be able to pull it off like it's no big deal~ pfft.
What? The Thailand fan-meeting got canceled??! Why? Aww~ I was excited because there'll be fancams of him singing during the FM.

Come on now MBC, release a statement about LSH now. We miss flailing over him on our screens~ :)

Guest snklgs

@uhnny oh yeah, I soooo soohyuk deprived, I need to see.him in something soon!!

I am sure he' s gonna be super beautiful with flowing white hair

I mean, he even managed to look hot in that animal sweat shirt he wore at the twenty premiere;)

Guest uhnny

@snklgs The wardrobe team better not give him a fugly wig on this one or else I'm gonna hunt them down!
Ooh~ Lee Soo Hyuk in a man-bun! <3 *W*
Oh jayzuz that Kim Tan inspired outfit. I hate his stylist for doing that to him. >_<