Lee Soo Hyuk 이수혁 [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Queen Woo"] [Upcoming Drama 2024 "S Line"]

partyon

Guest kwnjyng

he's an amazing actor!
watch white chrismast and boy from ipanema~
or he's latest movie runway cop,
but he didnt play alot part on the movie.
anyway he's amazing!

• 9 months later...
Guest yogafan

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px;"Kdrama Actors That 2NE1 Loves

TWO ACTORS CURRENTLY APPEARING IN DRAMAS ARE FEATURED IN 2NE1'S NEW MUSIC VIDEO.

84479-hong-jong-hyun-and-lee-soo-hyuk.jpHong Jong Hyun and Lee Soo Hyuk

2NE1's bouncy new summer song, "Falling in Love" is all about-what else-falling in love. And both of the actors who appear in the music video as the objects of the girl group's affections can be seen in current kdramas.

full article athttp://bit.ly/12Is6Pa

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anybody seen any of Lee Soo Hyuk's dramas? 
Has anyone seen his character, Yoon Pyung (a extraordinary pretty boy assassin with extremely fair complexion) in Tree With Deep Roots / Deep Rooted Tree? 
tree-with-deep-roots-ep-07-avi_000292058

tree-with-deep-roots-ep-08-avi_000271671

tree-with-deep-roots-ep-07-avi_002986920

tree-with-deep-roots-ep-07-avi_001499733

tree-with-deep-roots-ep-14-avi_001610443

tree-with-deep-roots-ep-15-avi_002549082

Although this production was in 2011 but I am seriously still swooning over these years. 
Has anybody seen Shark?

@suchadiva42...Me too...I hope he is cast in a drama this year.

@En En Koh   Awesome photos of him from A Tree with Deep Roots.  Thank you..

That's where I have seen him too the first time...

After that I also saw him and loved him in Shark with Kim Nam-Gil

sharkep19pic3.jpg

Lee-Soo-Hyuk-as-Kim-Soo-Hyun.jpg

%EC%83%81%EC%96%B4_E14.tp_001493124.jpg

Just some more Lee Soo Hyuk photos for fans of his to swoon at....
He has been hosting a show call Style Log with Hong Jong Hyun with occasional appearances by Kim Woo Bin, Sang Joon etc etc
credits: google search
7.jpg
ec8a1ea41b.png?x=b&s=590x330&q=h&e=t&f=t
213050_original.jpg
448602793_640.jpg
450660156_640.jpg
SL14.jpg
tumblr_inline_msrkyvKj471qz4rgp.png
Sharing a good joke lol
20.jpg
Awwww.... smiley face~~~~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

His agency Star J Entertainment reps stated on the 24th, "Lee Soo Hyuk will star in the cable TV tvN's new Mon-Tues drama 'High School King'."

Lee Soo Hyuk will join Seo In Guk and Lee Ha Na in the upcoming tvN Mon-Tues drama King of High School Life

Lee Soo Hyuk shared, "I will do my best so that I can receive love from fans through my improving acting starting with this drama."

'High School King' is a romantic comedy which portrays the story of high school student (Seo In Guk) who enters the management of a major company and how high school students adjust to the real world. Seo In Guk, Lee Ha Na, and Lee Soo Hyuk are reportedly set to get into a love triangle, further raising interest for the drama is set to premiere this June!

@Allkpop

seo-in-guk.jpg

17592416.jpg

4113ABE5474A833ED674FBE7AE926.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest uhnny

I keep on watching High School King because of him. It isn't all because of his good looks but his portrayal of Yoo Jin-woo is just brilliant. Not to mention that character is really interesting! I hope he makes it big someday! I'm a LSH fangirl now!  :))

Guest AzaelaN

it's just amazing how handsome lee soo hyuk is, i mean this guy is not normal. i've never seen someone as handsome as he is…. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 019iamthesun

This man is so handsome goshhh. I can't help but stare at him, and his super masculine VOICE I made it as my ringtone. omfg! Omo omo. You're added to my yeobo list now. :\"> :-*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itashee

Lee Yoon-ji and Lee Soo-hyeok to host the 10th Jecheon International Music & Film Festival

2014/08/11

photo472291.jpg

Actress Lee Yoon-ji and actor Lee Soo-hyeok are hosting the 10th Jecheon International Music & Film Festival (JIMFF).

Lee Yoon-ji has been a member of the Jecheon International Music & Film Festival executive committee since the 7th JIMFF when she became the promotional ambassador. She single-handedly hosted the 8th JIMFF. Her relationship with the JIMFF continues this year as the hostess. Lee Yoon-ji recently starred in the KBS 2TV drama "The Wang Family" as Gwang-bak.

Actor and model Lee Soo-hyeok started acting in 2013 with "Horror Stories 2" and "Runway Cop" and is now starring in the tvN drama "The King of High School Manners" which ended on the 11th.

The 10th JIMFF opening ceremony starts with Lee Yoon-ji and Lee Soo-hyeok, followed by the opening announcement, greetings by the executives, Kim Jae-wook the promotional ambassador, and Gain's opening performance. "Golden Chariot in the Sky" has been selected as the opening film.

The 10th Jecheon International Music & Film Festival goes on for six days, starting on the August 14th to the 19th, with 87 musical films from 31 countries and 30 teams of performances.

Source: hancinema

Guest itashee

class="title_sec" style="line-height: 34px;"10 hottest celebrities in South Korea

2013-06-12

Sorting out a list of top celebrities is relatively easy for ardent Korean Wave fans who keep tabs on their favorite stars. For non-experts, not many lists offer a guide into who is winning the most hearts in South Korea. Here is The Korea Herald’s list of the hottest celebrities out there.

Male

1. Kim Soo-hyun

20130612001027_0.jpg

Debuting in 2007 through the MBC TV sitcom “Kimchi Cheese Smile,” the 26-year-old actor had not gotten much spotlight after that although he has appeared in more than five movies and TV series as supporting roles since then.

In 2012, Kim hit the jackpot with MBC historical drama “Moon Embracing the Sun,” where he left a strong impression on many female viewers in and outside of Korea with his role as a fictional king of the Joseon Dynasty. 

Recently, the heartthrob starred in “Secretly Greatly,” a movie about a North Korean spy.

2. Lee Jin-wook

20130612001028_0.jpg

Actor Lee Jin-wook made his debut in 2003 as a model for Panasonic. Since then, he has built up his acting career through TV series such as KBS2 drama “Resurrection” in 2005, and cable TV OCN’s “Someday” in 2006.

Despite his model-like figure and handsome looks, the actor did not get much attention until he revealed his relationship with hallyu star Choi Ji-woo, whom he met through the MBC TV drama “Air City” in 2007. However, the couple broke up in 2011.

He then played the role of on-and-off boyfriend in tvN series “I Need Romance 2012,” one of the most successful cable dramas that year. Lee continued on to his latest role in fantasy melodrama “Nine,” on the same station. “Nine” was considered a turning point in his acting career since the drama has become a hit.

3. Lee Soo-hyuk

20130612001029_0.jpg

Lee Soo-hyuk, whose birth name is Lee Hyuk-soo, is a model-actor who debuted as a professional model in 2006 for designer Jung Wook-jun’s fashion show. 

The 26-year-old model walked down the runway of the nation’s famous fashion brands including General Idea and Song Zio, and managed to do cover shoots with several renowned fashion magazines such as GQ, Bazaar and Elle.

Lee expanded his career into acting, doing several TV series and movies including “Deep Rooted Tree” in 2011 and “The Boy from Ipanema” in 2010.
Lee is certainly not the type that falls into the category of “handsome guy.” 

However, his skinny figure and white skin have charmed the public.
His recent drama “Shark” is shedding light on his future career as a promising actor.

4. Lee Je-hoon

20130612000959_0.jpg

The actor started his career in 2007 at a relatively late age of 23 through a short film “They Live By Night.” Ever since, he has appeared in more than 18 short films including a gay romance film “Just Friends?” directed by Kim Zho, who has recently tied the knot with his boyfriend.

In 2011, he featured in an indie movie “Bleak Night” in a role that gave him the honor of sweeping the “Best New Actor” award at movie festivals including the Blue Dragon Film Awards. 

Another box-office hit that cannot be left out is a 2012 movie “Architecture 101,” where he played a shy college boy pining for his first love. Gaining public fame through the film, he starred in a comedy-drama “My Paparotti” with Korea’s veteran actor Han Suk-kyu. 

Lee has not appeared on-screen since October 2012, due to mandatory military service.

5. Song Joong-ki

20130612001030_0.jpg

Born in 1985, Song is known for his good educational background. He graduated from Sungkyunkwan University, majoring in business administration.

Song debuted as a supporting role in 2008 through “A Frozen Flower,” a movie starring Zo In-sung. 

He appealed to his fans through SBS variety show “Running Man” and KBS2 TV drama series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal.” 

Aside from his proven popularity, his acting skills began to shine through a fantasy romance thriller “A Werewolf Boy,” which premiered in 2012. The film sold more than 7 million tickets and is ranked as one of the most successful melodrama films in South Korea.

Song took on the leading role in a TV series “The Innocent Guy,” which was as successful as “A Werewolf Boy,” once again cementing his position among the fans favoring the melodrama genre.

Source:koreaherald.com

Guest itashee

An old article

class="entry-title"[20130807] Lee Soo Hyuk: “I don’t want popularity fast.”
By 1sunnylady March 20, 2014 Celebrity of the Month, TV-Cinema

Lee-Soo-Hyuk-Shark.jpg

The word “Sang-namja” [t/n: it's like the guy being the perfect combo between manly and sweet] seems to have been prepared for Lee Soo Hyuk (25, real name: Lee Hyuk Soo). It’s not only about his looks, it’s in his cautious way of speaking or in his attitude. Everything about him feels impressive. This man has a charm that cannot be explained in one word. Very stange.

Lee Soo Hyuk recently played the role of prosecution investigation officer Kim Soo Hyun who helped procuror Jo Hae Woo, played by Son Ye Jin, in her investigation in KBS Mon-Tues “Shark” (writer, Kim Ji Woo; director Park Chan Hong) which finished airing recently. His character had remarkable sociability and was easy to get along with and there was no upsetting situation that could get him mad. With  his forever smiling face, he listened courteously to what others said, was also scary so he had the trust of his colleagues. He was a hoo-nam [t/n: basically a gentle and sweet guy].

In the latter half of the story, he became the lead reversal character who encircled Han Yi Soo (Kim Nam Gil), which caused the curiosity from the viewers. Besides, he perfectly performed the role of the character who turned the story’s dark atmosphere around as he built up a sweet love storyline with Han Yi Hyun (Nam Bora), Han Yi Soo’s little sister. Because of that, when an episode was over, the three hangul characters Lee Soo Hyuk was high on real-time search rankings of portal sites. It showed the hot reaction of the viewers toward Lee Soo Hyuk.

Lee Soo Hyuk said he was even more thankful for such reactions. He’s very pleased of being given the chance to be part once again of a good project. However, as his true identity was revealed in the latter half of the story, his scenes increased and the filming schedule was hectic and there were many things he was sorry about.

“There was no time, my number of scenes increased and I struggled a lot with expressing the character’s emotions. There was pain from his past, so he was a character with depth and things kepts happening, so it was hard to express all of this. Especially after Nam Gil-hyung finds out the truth, there was a scene where they talk or the roof scene  where he forgives him, when I read those scenes, they were very powerful, but I think I wasn’t able to convey this emotion. I wanted to do well, so it’s unfortunate,” he explained.

The combination of writer Kim Ji Woo and PD Park Chan Hong rose to fame through dramas “Resurrection” and “The Devil”. Because of that, “Shark” created big expectations and became an issue since the early stage of production. Lee Soo Hyuk auditioned thinking that this was definitely a drama he wanted to be a part of, he said it was a honor for him to work with them.

“I know that if you count for all the characters, hundreds of people auditionned. That’s why it was an honor for the rookie actors to be chosen because this was a very good drama. Besides, I was already a fan of the writer and the director.”

All through the interview, Lee Soo Hyuk showed to his heart’s content the respect he has for Park PD and writer Kim, the affection he has for the other actors like Kim Nam Gil. “The atmosphere on set was really great. Everybody took good care of me,” he recalled. “Our director is a perfect sang-namja, he has a big heart and takes care of every single one staff member. He tries his best to memorize all the names, he even asked the names of the people from my personal staff. He’s a real man and is sharp like a knife. When we were filming, when we were resting, many jokes were exchanged and it was fun,” he said as he talked non-stop about his good memories.

Because until now he had played many characters who don’t speak or who are geniuses, playing Soo Hyun in “Shark” was really new to Lee Soo Hyuk. Sometimes he was the romantic guy who knew how to frankly express his feelings to Yi Hyun. Sometimes, he was the charming cute guy jealous because Yi Hyun only cared about her older brother Yi Soo. Although he seemed indifferent, when you know better, the heart-warming side of his personality is actually very similar to the real Lee Soo Hyuk.

“I hated looking like I didn’t know what to do in front of the camera before, now I’m more comfortable about that. And when I read the script, everything was written very precisely. I was able to know exactly what the writer wanted, so I simply acted according to that.”

However, he said that he felt ashamed by the dialogues with Yi Hyun to the point that the lines themselves made him cringe. When asked if he has no aegyo in real life, Lee Soo Hyuk was very embarassed as he said “I don’t know. I’ll say I don’t.”

“Of course, I treat nicely the person I like, but I can’t do it like Soo Hyun. It’s embarrassing. It’s okay if I do it as a joke, but talking like this while looking seriously at the other person, I really can’t do it.”(laugh)

Lee Soo Hyuk has always enjoyed watching movies ever since he was a kid and dreamed of being an actor. In 2006, he debuted as a model in designer Jung Wook Joon’s fashion show. Through the mask of rarety and freshness as well as the body he was born with, Lee Soo Hyuk got recognition as a top model and went for the actor title he wanted so much through the movie “The Boy From Ipanema” in 2010.

Then, with KBS drama special “White Christmas”, SBS’ “Deep-Rooted Tree”, MBN “What’s Up”, and “Vampire Idol” as well as movies “Runway Cop”, “Scary Story 2″, he’s building up here and there his filmography. As he added “Shark” to the list, he keeps growing a little bit more as an actor.

“I have absolutely no regret about started acting. Of course, it’s hard and difficult most of the time, but when I watch the final result, I’m happy and I’m happy when people say good things about me. I really enjoyed filming “The Boy from Ipanema”, but while filming dramas like “Deep-Rooted Tree” and “Shark”, I’ve come to understand step by step how hard acting is.”

“I don’t want popularity fast. Of course, I’d be happy to be popular, but I have no intention of being famous through TV shows or for reasons beyond my own ability. I think that doing something through motivation consumes your energy and is hard,” he revealed.

Lee Soo Hyuk’s low and deep voice had this lingering strong feeling. The path he must take as an actor is still long and rough, but Lee Soo Hyuk who is standing on this path is strong inside like an ironclad pine tree. Because of this, he worries that he’d be harmful to others and is careful about his manners and his words. His driving force is to live up to expectations and to keep striving forward by being even more humble.

“In the interviews I did at the beginning of the year, I said I’d like to do three projects this year. I’ve already done two, so I have one left. I want to show a good image through a good project. Besides, I’m currently preparing the fashion program “Style Log” with Hong Jong Hyun. I’m working hard on preparing this, so please anticipate.”

Original article:

TV Daily
Translation: onesunnylady
Edited by e-soohyuk.tumblr.com

Source:http://www.thesunnytown.com

Guest itashee

Another old interview

class="entry-title"[20130813] Lee Soo Hyuk: “I enjoyed playing a character like Kim Soo Hyun.”By 1sunnylady March 30, 2014 Celebrity of the Month, TV-Cinema

Lee-Soo-Hyuk-dans-Shark.jpg

For instance, another dimensional character. Lee Soo Hyuk seems special like Yoon Soo in “White Christmas” (KBS), Yoon Pyung in “Deep-Rooted Tree” (SBS). That is because even his low voice is surprising compared to the first cold impression he gives, to the point that it is even imposing. However, unlike the first impression he gives, he’s a sensitive and passionate man. The unpredictability behind the first cold impression seemed even more special as he seeks for ordinary.

“Shark” (KBS) recently finished airing and the Lee Soo Hyuk who met with Wstarnews was closer to his character “Kim Soo Hyun” than Yoon Soo or Yoon Pyung. He’s cautious about his every word.

“I don’t talk much. If you talk too easily, you can’t take back those words afterward. Especially when it comes to questions like “who are you?”, “what do you like?”. My answers can change even in just few months. When I was doing model activities, I could easily say “I’m this kind of person”. Now, it’s a little complicated for me.”

◆ Unexpected appearance

His appearance was somehow unexpected, because Kim Soo Hyun who was only known as Son Ye Jin’s assistant, turned out to be an important key. Viewers were surprised by Kim Soo Hyun’s identity revealing as episodes went by.

“I didn’t know at first how much of a key character he would be. Of course I had a hunch. The director and the writer had already mapped out their vision of Kim Soo Hyun’s character, but maybe they kept it a secret because I didn’t show outstanding skill in the past.”

He thinks too meanly of himself. Every time he talked about himself, Lee Soo Hyuk said things like “I’m lacking”, “I’m not good”. Just like his voice is low, he was used to talk lowly about himself. As section chief Kim [soo Hyun] was called “Section Chief Flower” by female viewers, didn’t he receive a lot of popularity? “The writer gave me a well-written role”, he bashfully replied.

“Kim Soo Hyun was a comfortable character to play. The writer wrote him in detail, so all I had to do was follow what I was told. Until then, the roles I had play were characters with a special personality or characters that had to look special. I think this kind of roles need experience, so instead of having to create Kim Soo Hyun, I guess I had a more natural approach to his character.”

Kim Soo Hyun isn’t an average character, but it’s hard to say if Kim Soo Hyun wasn’t an average character to Lee Soo Hyuk who was used to play uncommon characters. Compared to a monster, a vampire, a flying guard warrior, isn’t this character “an ordinary guy”? As Lee Soo Hyuk said, he let go of the “must look special or must be special” style, and said he was a bit relieved.

“The thing that really made me happy about “Shark” was how human Kim Soo Hyun was. (laugh) Because I wanted to show I could do this kind of character too, since I had always played uncommon characters until then. It’s not that I hated it, but I felt like I had come across a limit. I think this was the opportunity to show another side of me.”

As he said he wanted to show many things as a rookie actor, Lee Soo Hyuk revealed his strong desire about acting.

“During the year I took a break from my activities, I became greedy about acting. I felt that I was lacking when I finished filming, so I grew annoyed as my break kept growing longer. People had no other choice but to judge me because of that. I thought it was unfortunate. I wanted to find a good role, and I wanted to act. That’s why I really wanted to give my best for “Shark”.”

◆ Ode to youth

He was serious and cautious, but he has his guards down in front his friends. Lee Soo Hyuk showed a playful image that matched his age as he talked about Kim Young Kwang, Kim Woo Bin, Hong Jong Hyun and Sung Joon, whom he became close with through his first drama “White Christmas”.

“All of us are still close. Either it’s Young Kwang-hyung, Woo Bin, Jong Hyun, or Sung Joon, we don’t care about the age difference and we still often meet each other like friends. I hope we could all settle down and spend a good time all together.”

There seems to be pros and cons abour having close friends working in the same field. When asked about the reaction of his friends who watched this drama, Lee Soo Hyuk even moved his hand as he replied, “I don’t really talk about acting with my friends because they tease me every day. I’m over the embarrassing phase, though. The hardest time was during “The Boy From Ipanema”. My friends came to the premiere and enthusiastically teased me. They would sometimes imitate me and say my lines.”

The word “friend” means having someone giving you this feeling of security you can’t even explain, but you know it is there. As Lee Soo Hyuk expressed his hope to play again with his friends in a drama or a movie, he expressed the close affection he has for them.

“This is something Young Kwang-hyung, Jong Hyun and I always say. “We’re getting old”, so we hope to be able to play characters in their 20′s before we get too old. That’s why I want to play a young adult. You get this fresh feeling when you look at your favorite actors back in the time when they were young. As an actor, it’s an image I want to leave behind. I’m a bit worried this time just passes me by.”

When asked if he didn’t want to try to play in a “melo” since he showed a little bit more of his potential, Lee Soo Hyuk replied, “I’m also greedy when it comes to the melo genre. “The Boy From Ipanema” was fun. I think I’m now used to play the type of unique characters I played, those “special characters”. I think I’ll approach the romance genre with honesty, so I have some expectation about that.”

To his innocent reaction, we asked him “Whom would you have as a partner in a melo?” and Lee Sook Hyuk replied at once “I don’t know”. Although asked a few times who was his ideal type, which actresses he’d like to work with, he kept saying “I don’t know”, until he gave up.

“Based on my experience when my own name is mentioned, I think they’ll be uncomfortable. It’s easy to talk about your friends, but it’s hard to talk thoughtlessly about women because it can hurt them.”

Original article: wstarnews
Translation: @onesunnylady
Edited by e-soohyuk.tumblr.com

Source:http://www.thesunnytown.com