[Current Drama 2024] Romance in the House, 가족X멜로-Ji Jin Hee & Kim Ji soo - Sat & Sun@22:30KST

Ji Jin Hee, Kim Ji Soo, Son Naeun, And SHINee's Minho Tease Complex Dynamics In "Romance In The House" Posters

Jul 25, 2024

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Romance in the House” has released new posters that hint at the characters’ relationships!

Penned by Kim Young Yoon of “My Secret Romance” and directed by Kim Da Ye of “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty,” “Romance in the House” depicts the journey of individuals who were once estranged but strive to reunite as a family, recognizing the profound effort, introspection, and tears required. Ji Jin Hee stars as Byun Moo Jin, who was divorced by his wife 11 years ago when his business collapsed, while Kim Ji Soo plays Byun Moo Jin’s ex-wife Geum Ae Yeon, who raised her two children alone while navigating through all kinds of hardships.

The newly released posters showcase the intricate connections among Byun Moo Jin and Geum Ae Yeon, Byun Moo Jin and Byun Mi Rae (Son Naeun), as well as Byun Mi Rae and Nam Tae Pyeong (SHINee’s Minho).

Moo Jin and Ae Yeon divorced 11 years ago. At that time, Moo Jin, a businessman, tried his hand at many ventures, including a dumpling restaurant, but failed each time. Despite Moo Jin’s repeated failures and his no-brainer decisions, Ae Yeon, continued to trust him because they were family despite her frustrations. However, when Moo Jin, dreaming of hitting the jackpot to make up for his mistakes, got scammed and lost all his assets, Ae Yeon had enough. She handed him the application form for a mutual divorce and shouted, “Sign it!”

romance-in-the-house-poster-1.jpg

The biggest obstacle to Moo Jin’s reunion with Ae Yeon is his estranged daughter Mi Rae. After Moo Jin caused a major accident that destroyed the family store, Mi Rae disowned her father. Just like the poster tagline, “Family register, disowned!” their relationship, once symbolized by a certificate now torn apart, led to Moo Jin and Mi Rae becoming estranged. Mi Rae then vowed to work toward rebuilding peace in the family. Once seeing her mother as a problem solver, Mi Rae now wants to be her mother’s Wonder Woman.

romance-in-the-house-poster-2.jpg

Mi Rae, who has been without her father for 11 years, is troubled by Moo Jin’s sudden return and his desire to reunite the family. Since she has no intention of reconciling with him, she didn’t bother explaining her situation at work, but Moo Jin’s presence was discovered by JPLUS security guard Tae Pyeong.

Tae Pyeong, who seems to be just a Taekwondo instructor and supermarket security guard, actually has a complex family life. He is the son of the supermarket owner. Like Mi Rae, he faces a complex conflict with his father. The two, who have uncovered each other’s family secrets, agree to keep them confidential, reflecting the poster tagline, “Agreement? Let’s do it!”

romance-in-the-house-poster-3.jpg

“Romance in the House” is set to premiere on August 10 at 10:30 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “Miss Night and Day.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1676898wpp/ji-jin-hee-kim-ji-soo-son-naeun-and-shinees-minho-tease-complex-dynamics-in-romance-in-the-house-posters

Prodigal father Ji Jin-hee rekindles Romance in the House

by solstices

It’s time for some Romance in the House with JTBC’s upcoming drama, in which a failed entrepreneur embarks on a redemption arc alongside his newfound wealth. It’ll take more than dollar bills to get back into his family’s good books, but given Ji Jin-hee (D.P. 2) and his suave charm, I’d wager he’s already halfway there.

Having squandered his time and resources on a string of fruitless business ventures, Byun Mu-jin (Ji Jin-hee) once found himself cast out by his exasperated and embittered family. Now, he’s amassed considerable wealth in the time they spent apart — and so the prodigal father returns.

After her husband’s departure, Geum Ae-yeon — played by Kim Ji-soo (High Class) — devoted herself to raising her two children, lovingly cooking homemade meals for them even after a long day on her feet at work. As Ae-yeon’s daughter, Byun Mi-rae — played by Sohn Na-eun (Agency) — also contributes her fair share, toiling through the corporate grind so she can smack her younger brother Yoon San-ha (Joseon Chefs) at the dinner table.

Amidst the mundane drudgery, though, there are two surprises in store for Mi-rae. For one, the security guard she pins against a wall just so happens to be the flaming charisma Min-ho (The Fabulous), and it’s not long before he sends her heart fluttering. The second surprise, however, is much less welcome. When her estranged father shows up out of nowhere, Mi-rae can’t hide her frustration. “What exactly do you want?” Mi-rae questions, to which Mu-jin calmly replies, “I’m going to seduce your mom again.” HA.

Romance is about to sweep our pragmatic mother-daughter duo off their feet, with their respective suitors going all out to court them. Asking Mi-rae out on dates and resting his head on her shoulder, the affections of the secret chaebol Nam Tae-pyung (Minho) has Mi-rae wondering why he’s being so nice to her. Tae-pyung leans in close: “Are you really asking because you don’t know?”

As for Ae-yeon, she’s trying her hardest to remain stoic in the face of Mu-jin’s flirtation, but her defenses are crumbling as we speak. Whether they’re walking down the street or standing above the city’s skyline, there’s a longing in Mi-rae’s gaze that’s difficult to conceal. This is the man she chose to marry, after all. Still, Mi-rae calls her out for wavering, and so Ae-yeon confronts Mu-jin about his unexpected return. “We were living well on our own,” Ae-yeon insists, “so why did you reappear all of a sudden?”

Despite his family’s firm rejections, Mu-jin remains unfazed. Swooping in close to meet Ae-yeon’s gaze, Mu-jin asks, “Didn’t you miss me?” Ae-yeon instinctively draws back, but it’s clear as day that the answer is yes, and Mu-jin grins. “You’re as beautiful as ever,” he says, sounding very much like he means it. With the siblings’ names meaning “present” and “future,” will Mu-jin be able to make amends for the past and step forward into a brighter tomorrow?

Helmed by PD Kim Da-ye (Fly High Butterfly) with scripts written by Kim Young-yoon (My Secret Romance), Romance in the House is slated for an August 10 premiere.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/07/prodigal-father-ji-jin-hee-rekindles-romance-in-the-house/

Kim Ji Soo Dishes On Her Chemistry With Ji Jin Hee In "Romance In The House," Praises Son Naeun And Sanha, And More

Jul 29, 2024

Kim Ji Soo has shared her thoughts on her role in JTBC’s upcoming drama “Romance in the House”!

Penned by Kim Young Yoon of “My Secret Romance” and directed by Kim Da Ye of “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty,” “Romance in the House” depicts the journey of individuals who were once estranged but strive to reunite as a family, recognizing the profound effort, introspection, and tears required. Ji Jin Hee stars as Byun Moo Jin, who was divorced by his wife 11 years ago when his business collapsed, while Kim Ji Soo plays Byun Moo Jin’s ex-wife Geum Ae Yeon, who raised her two children alone while navigating through all kinds of hardships.

The new JTBC weekend drama “Romance in the House” is a long-awaited project for Kim Ji Soo. She said, “The script was easy to read, and I liked that it’s a family story everyone can relate to. I was especially drawn to the dynamic relationship between the mother, father, and daughter.” She added, “I had been waiting for a script that tells the story in a warm and comedic way, and that’s exactly what ‘Romance in the House’ provides.”

Kim Ji Soo’s eagerly anticipated role is as Geum Ae Yeon, a single mother raising two children on her own. Kim Ji Soo remarked, “I’ve mainly played refined characters with self-restraint, so I was looking for something more relatable.” She added, “Geum Ae Yeon became a mother at twenty and toughened up after divorcing her husband Byun Moo Jin. Despite her challenges, she remains endearing and lovable. Ae Yeon is cute, loving, strong yet vulnerable, and has a charming clumsiness. This down-to-earth side of Ae Yeon is exactly what I was looking for in a new role.”

romance-in-the-house-kim-ji-soo-1.jpg

Kim Ji Soo explained, “Usually, we do one or two readings before filming, but for this project, we had more coordination before shooting began.” She also worked hard to adjust her acting style for the role, saying, “In my previous roles, I mostly used an elegant tone. For this character, I focused on finding a tone that fits Ae Yeon. I even portrayed scenes from Ae Yeon’s early twenties and studied the speech patterns of that age.”

Kim Ji Soo praised the strong family dynamic portrayed by Ji Jin Hee, Son Naeun, and ASTRO‘s Sanha. She recalled, “I worked with Ji Jin Hee before on ‘One Warm Word’ where we played a couple. Now, 10 years later, we are reunited in this drama. He was enthusiastic about working together again back then, and the situation is similar with this project, which made me smile.” She added, “Our previous collaboration made it easier to work together again.”

She also spoke highly of her co-stars Son Naeun and Sanha. “Son Naeun had to portray a role very different from her previous dramas, and I appreciate her great performance in this new role. Sanha, as the youngest, is adorable, charming, and showed a lot of passion for acting.”

romance-in-the-house-kim-ji-soo-2.jpg

Kim Ji Soo discussed the main attractions of the drama, especially the intense family dynamic involving Moo Jin, Ae Yeon, and Mi Rae (Son Naeun). She explained, “Moo Jin and Mi Rae both compete for Ae Yeon’s affection. Moo Jin tries to win her back with flirting, while Ae Yeon, despite her efforts to resist, finds herself emotionally conflicted. Meanwhile, Mi Rae, who doesn’t want to lose her mother, has complex feelings toward her father. The focus on these layered emotions makes the story even more compelling.”

Finally, Kim Ji Soo shared her thoughts: “Family is the most intimate and loving part of our lives, but it can also be the most challenging. This drama shows a family that has been torn apart working through their pain and anger to heal and support each other. I hope this story helps viewers grow beyond their roles as mothers, fathers, and children and prompts them to reflect on what family truly means.”

romance-in-the-house-kim-ji-soo-3.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1677653wpp/kim-ji-soo-dishes-on-her-chemistry-with-ji-jin-hee-in-romance-in-the-house-praises-son-naeun-and-sanha-and-more

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, July 29, 2024
6 4

Actress Kim Jee Soo shares her thoughts on playing the lead role of Geum Ae Yeon in JTBC's new weekend drama Romance in the House.

Romance in the House is a melodrama where the father, who was cut off by his family 11 years ago due to his multiple business venture failures, returns as the owner of their building. He tries to win back his family, who still harbor resentment towards him. 

The actress commented, "The script was pleasant to read. I liked that it was a family story that anyone can empathize with. Especially, I liked the triangular relationship between the mother, father, and daughter." "I was waiting for a script with a warm and funny story, and I found that in Romance in the House," she said. 

Playing a mom who raised two children alone, Geum Ae Yeon was also a character Kim Jee Soo had long awaited. "I have mainly played refined and restrained characters, who seem perfect, so far. That's why I desired to play a friendly character," she explained. "Geum Ae Yeon became a mother at the early age of twenty and, after divorcing her husband Moo Jin (Ji Jin Hee), she toughened up navigating the harsh realities of life. However, as Ae Yeon herself, not as a mother, she is an incredibly cute and lovable character." She added, "Cute, lovable, strong yet tender, and sometimes silly — Ae Yeon, with her diverse traits, was perfect for quenching my thirst." 

Kim Jee Soo also poured immense effort into her character. "Usually, I read the script once or twice before going to the set, but for Romance in the House, I practiced more before going into shooting," she said. "I mostly acted with an elegant tone in my previous works. However, for this drama, I put a lot of effort into speaking in a tone that suited Ae Yeon. I also acted out my past self from the age of twenty and did a lot of research on how people in their 20s spoke." 

qYgK1Q_2f.png

She also boasted about her perfect chemistry with Ji Jin Hee, Son Na Eun, and Yoon San Ha. "I previously worked together with actor Ji Jin Hee." "Since we already had the experience of co-starring [in a drama], it was easy to act together."

Regarding Son Na Eun and Yoon San Ha, who play her daughter and son respectively, she said, "Son Na Eun had to portray a different image from what she had shown in her previous dramas, and she did a great job portraying Mi Rae. Yoon San Ha was cute and charming, as expected of the youngest, and he also has a lot of passion for acting," unhesitatingly boasting about her on-screen children.

Concluding, Kim Jee Soo said, "I think family is the most intimate, affectionate, poignant, and sometimes the most annoying entity [in a person's life]. Romance in the House depicts how a broken family heal each other's wounds, overcome anger, and recover together. After watching this drama, I hope every viewer grows as an individual beyond their role as a mother, father, or child and reassesses the true meaning of family ."

Romance in the House will premiere on August 10. The K-drama will be available to stream on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-hope-viewers-reassess-the-true-meaning-of-family-kim-on-the-message-of-romance-in-the-house

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] Romance in the House, 가족X멜로-Ji Jin Hee & Kim Ji soo - Sat & Sun@22:30KST - Premieres on August 10

Trusted and watched Hwang Jung-min and Kim Do-hyun, appearing in 'Family X Melo'

optimize

Actors Hwang Jung-min and Kim Do-hyun have joined the new drama 'Family X Melo'.

According to their agency 9Ato Entertainment on the 31st, Hwang Jung-min and Kim Do-hyun will appear in JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Family X Melo' (written by Kim Young-yoon, directed by Kim Da-ye).

Family X-Mello is a bloody family melodrama about a dad who moved out 11 years ago and comes back to live in our house as a landlord. It is a drama that depicts a family that is just as heartfelt, poignant, and sometimes even 'heartwarming' as a romantic relationship, and may be the world's silliest pseudo-romantic relationship.

First, Hwang Jung-min plays the role of Hwang Jin-hee, a housewife in Yongdong-dong and called Hwang Unnie, who takes care of her 6-year-old grandchild and always wears a wrist brace, but enjoys nail art, her only escape.

Kim Do-hyun plays Lee Jung-hyeok, a writer who was an ordinary civil servant but quits his job after being unable to endure the truth about a petitioner and writes a mystery web novel while observing the events that take place in the family villa where he lives.

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2024073114093784859

https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2024073114093784859

Lee Kyo-yeop cast in JTBC's 'Family X Melo'... Working with Ji Jin-hee and Son Na-eun

202407301615441277_d.jpg

Lee Kyo-yeop plays the role of Kang Nam, a resident of the family villa and the president of 'Gangnam Hope', a neighborhood love room. With his unique innocent charm, he is a character who brings happiness, and he shows off 'comic chemistry' with Byun Moo-jin (played by Ji Jin-hee), Byun Mi-rae (played by Son Na-eun), and Geum Ae-yeon (played by Kim Ji-soo), as well as 'age gap chemistry' with his unrequited love interest, Ahn Jung-in (played by Yang Jo-ah).

Lee Kyo-yeop recently appeared in JTBC's 'Miracle Brothers' as a corrupt detective, and impressed viewers with his sharp gaze acting. He also showed off different charms of comedic acting in various works such as KBS's 'Oasis', tvN's 'Missing 2', and 'Murderer's Shopping List'. 'Family X Melo' starring Lee Kyo-yeop will premiere on Saturday, August 10th at 10:30 PM.

20240731071606_romance-in-the-house-son-Son Naeun Dishes On Navigating Family In "Romance In The House," Her Character's Relationship With Minho, And More

Jul 31, 2024

Son Naeun has shared her thoughts on her role in JTBC’s upcoming drama “Romance in the House”!

Son Naeun shared how she was drawn to the show’s unique setting. “The script tells the story of a family that loves intensely, resents each other, and eventually heals through one another. It was both engaging and heartwarming,” she remarked. As Byun Mi Rae, the eldest daughter who supports her family with a spirit of sacrifice, Son Naeun continues to expand her acting range.

Describing Mi Rae as a responsible daughter, Son Naeun noted, “She is a wonder woman who especially wants to protect her mother, an irreplaceable friend and her long-time hero.” She highlighted Mi Rae’s strength as her most compelling trait, adding, “Mi Rae, who matured earlier than others, always put her family first. Over time, she becomes more honest with her emotions and grows stronger.” This journey of personal growth resonated deeply with Son Naeun. The actress shared, “Watching her overcome her wounds and find herself made me see her as a character worth emulating. I felt a strong desire to grow alongside her, which is why I wanted to be part of the drama.”

romance-in-the-house-son-naeun-3.jpg

To perfectly embody Mi Rae, Son Naeun put in tremendous effort, shedding the glamour of her previous roles. Mi Rae is an office worker who commutes daily and works as a merchandiser at a large supermarket, alternating between desk and field work. This role required her to wear everyday, comfortable attire, including sneakers and her hair tied back with a yellow rubber band. Son Naeun also listened to office workers’ stories and observed people on the streets to capture natural speech, gestures, and walking styles, aiming to create a relatable Mi Rae. This dedication to realistic acting heightens anticipation for Son Naeun’s performance.

Son Naeun expressed excitement about the dynamics between Mi Rae and her parents. “I hope viewers focus on what ‘family’ means to each of the three characters,” she said. “Despite family conflicts, they heal those wounds through their relationships and find happiness. This journey will be both entertaining and touching.”

Spoiler

romance-in-the-house-son-naeun-1.jpg

Regarding her interactions with Ji Jin Hee, Son Naeun observed, “Moo Jin sees Mi Rae as a harsh and cold child, so he often gets angry with her. But Ji Jin Hee was very patient and considerate, allowing me to fully express Mi Rae’s emotions.” As for Kim Ji Soo, she said, “I also spent considerable time with Kim Ji Soo before filming to build their on-screen relationship.” She shared, “At some point, Ae Yeon felt like my real mom, and I relied on her a lot on set.”

In contrast to the intense family drama, Mi Rae’s heart-fluttering romance with Tae Pyeong (SHINee’s Minho) adds another layer to the story. She said, “When Mi Rae and Tae Pyeong first meet as co-workers, the situation unintentionally leads to Mi Rae’s secrets being revealed, which brings them closer.” She continued, “Expect exciting and heartwarming episodes as Mi Rae will move from showing her physical wounds to opening up about her emotional wounds.”

Finally, she described the drama as “a warm and delightful drama that lets viewers laugh and cry together.” She added, “I hope watching our show with your family helps you appreciate the love and importance of family.”

romance-in-the-house-son-naeun-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678055wpp/son-naeun-dishes-on-navigating-family-in-romance-in-the-house-her-characters-relationship-with-minho-and-more

• Like 1

SHINee's Minho Explains His Character In New Drama "Romance In The House" And Why He Kept His Distance From Co-Star Son Naeun

Aug 01, 2024
by S Kim

JTBC’s upcoming weekend drama “Romance in the House” offers a glimpse of SHINee’s Minho’s character!

Written by Kim Young Yoon of “My Secret Romance” and directed by Kim Da Ye of “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty,” “Romance in the House” depicts the journey of individuals who were once estranged but strive to reunite as a family, recognizing the profound effort, introspection, and tears required. Ji Jin Hee stars as Byun Moo Jin, who was divorced by his wife Geum Ae Yeon 11 years ago when his business collapsed, while Kim Ji Soo plays Byun Moo Jin’s ex-wife Geum Ae Yeon, who raises her two children alone while navigating through all kinds of hardships.

Minho portrays Nam Tae Pyeong, a former national taekwondo player who is now a security guard at a large supermarket. Nam Tae Pyeong is actually the son of J Plus Mart’s CEO, but he believes that having a chaebol father has nothing to do with him and lives his life independently.

romance-in-the-house-03-2.jpg

Nam Tae Pyeong forms a romantic relationship with Byun Mi Rae (Son Naeun), who works as a merchandiser (MD) for the Food and Beverage Team at a large supermarket and faithfully carries out her role as the head of the family.

romance-in-the-house-01-1.jpg

Minho shared, “I prepared diverse styling and acted with different facial expressions and gestures depending on the situation. I made an effort so that viewers could immerse themselves more deeply in Tae Pyeong’s story and emotions.”

He also added that he intentionally kept his distance from his co-star Son Naeun at first, explaining, “Just like the progression in the drama, I thought that starting off awkward and gradually becoming closer would naturally be reflected in our acting.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678328wpp/shinees-minho-explains-his-character-in-new-drama-romance-in-the-house-and-why-he-kept-his-distance-from-co-star-son-naeun

• Like 1

News bites: August 1, 2024

by tccolb

JTBC also has Romance in the House with a new highlights reel, beginning Ji Jin-hee’s (D.P. 2) mission to woo back his ex-wife Kim Ji-soo (High Class). But Ji will have to make amends with daughter Sohn Na-eun (Agency) as well, when the rom-com and family story unfolds on August 10 in the weekend slot. [JTBC]

bfa199b1-8340-4d63-8f82-f6cb0095de4d.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/news-bites-august-1-2024/

Yang Jo-ah confirmed to appear on JTBC's 'Family X Melo'... Kim Ji-soo and Son Na-eun expected to act together

news-p.v1.20240802.b262763bb2b0473da05a9

Actress Yang Jo-ah, who is currently active on stage and in the home screen, will show a new side of herself through her acting chemistry with Kim Ji-soo and Son Na-eun.

On the 2nd, artist group Orot reported that Yang Jo-ah was cast in the new JTBC weekend drama 'Family X Melo', which will air on the 10th.

'Family X Melo' is a bloody family melodrama about a father who was abandoned 11 years ago and returns as the owner of our building. Yang Jo-ah plays the role of 'Ahn Jung-in', the director of the salon who is like a sister to Ae-yeon (played by Kim Ji-soo) and like an aunt to Mirae (played by Son Na-eun). Yang Jo-ah's appearance in 'Family X Melo' is expected to be an opportunity to catch a glimpse of her new acting side, as she has been active in a wide range of media, including the dramas 'Crash', 'Hospital Playlist', 'Senior, Don't Put on That Lipstick', 'Hush', the movies '1987', 'Makeup', and 'Thorn Flower', as well as on stage, including the play 'Blue Bird' by the theater troupe 'Yangson Project'.

https://m.etnews.com/20240802000140

Family love, conflict, suspicion, friendship, and even melodrama A variety of sweet and salty dopamine explosions🎆 JTBC's new Sat-Sun drama <Family X Melo> First broadcast on August 10th [Sat] at 10:30 PM

https://www.instagram.com/jtbcdrama/p/C-JtN6SMwwk/?img_index=1

JTBC ‘Family X Melo’.. “Divorce? Family relationship? Keeping it a secret?... Stamp it!”

BBSIMAGE_20240730082755_66dd9f3cd5b4bdb7

There are interesting relationships that make dopamine explode in the new JTBC weekend drama 'Family X Melo'. The fact that various documents are flying around between Byun Moo-jin (Ji Jin-hee), Geum Ae-yeon (Kim Ji-soo), Byun Mi-rae (Son Na-eun), and Nam Tae-pyeong (Choi Min-ho) is proof of this. In relation to this, posters of three documents that arouse curiosity about their strange relationship, such as an application for divorce by mutual consent, a certificate of family relations, and a confidentiality agreement, have been released, drawing the attention of potential viewers.

#. Ji Jin-hee X Kim Ji-soo, application for divorce by mutual consent, "Seal? Stamp!"

Moo-jin and Ae-yeon are an X-couple who divorced 11 years ago. At that time, Do-jin Moo-jin, who was a business idiot, got involved in many businesses, including a dumpling restaurant, but he would always end them. Ae-yeon got angry because of such a 'nonchalant' Moo-jin, but she trusted him and was fooled again and again because they were family. However, when Mujin, who dreamed of making a fortune overnight to recover all his mistakes at once, was scammed and lost all his assets, he had no choice but to hand over a ‘Confirmation of Intention to Divorce Agreement’ and shout, “Seal it!” It’s been 11 years since they broke up. After many turbulent days, they finally found peace, but Mujin makes a comeback in front of Aeyeon. Now a nouveau riche building owner, Mujin passionately courts Aeyeon with his unchanging innocence, asking, “Will you marry me again?” and plans to throw her into a whirlwind of emotions. Whether the ‘man’ who has already been legally torn apart can reunite and become ‘love’ is drawing attention.

#. Ji Jin-hee X Son Na-eun, family relationship certificate “Family registration?

The biggest obstacle to Mujin’s reunion with Aeyeon is none other than his ‘X-daughter’ Mirae. When Mujin caused a major accident and blew up his house and store, Mirae broke up with her father. Like that, Mu-jin and Nam-nam became torn apart like the ‘family relationship certificate’, and he pledged to devote himself to rebuilding the peace of the family. When Mirae was young, the word “Mom” was like a magic spell that would solve everything, and now she wanted to become her mother’s Wonder Woman. Mirae got a job as an MD at a large mart JPLUS and filled Mu-jin’s empty spot, playing the role of a reliable head of the household. In the meantime, Mu-jin came back to reclaim his mother’s seat and take his spot away, so she had no choice but to become bloodshot to stop him. The love triangle between X-father and daughter, who will engage in a fierce war of nerves with their mother in the middle, is raising expectations for the first episode.

BBSIMAGE_20240730082808_1383183d58ef197b

#. Son Na-eun X Choi Min-ho, Secret Agreement “Agree? Let’s do it!”

Mirae, who has lived without her father for 11 years, is troubled by the sudden appearance of Mu-jin, who wants to reunite with her family. Furthermore, since she will never be a family with Mu-jin again, she didn’t bother to explain his existence to her workplace, but JPLUS security guard Tae-pyeong finds out about his existence. However, it turns out that Tae-pyeong’s family history is also quite complicated. He looks like an ordinary Taekwondo instructor and a security guard at a mart, but he is actually the son of the mart owner. He is also having a complicated conflict with his father, just like Mirae. The two who witnessed each other’s fatal secrets about their families promise to keep them. That’s why they agreed to the ‘Secret Agreement’ “Agree? Let’s do it!” And the two, who will become even closer through this, are expected to thrill viewers with a different color of melodrama than the bloody family melodrama.

JTBC's new weekend drama 'Family X Melo' is a bloody family melodrama about a father who threw himself out 11 years ago and returns as the owner of the building where our house is built. It will premiere on JTBC on Saturday, August 10th at 10:30 PM as the follow-up to 'My Secret Romance.'

https://kstar.kbs.co.kr/list_view.html?idx=325784

Ji Jin-hee puts it all down, “I’m back to seduce Kim Ji-soo again” (Family X Melo)

BB1r3xMA.img?w=650&h=472&m=6&x=112&y=62&

Ji Jin-hee has announced a new charm. On August 2, the production team of JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Family X Melo' (directed by Kim Da-ye/written by Kim Young-yoon) released an interview with actor Ji Jin-hee.

"I've mostly played heavy characters in the past, but this time I'm playing a lighter and more emotional character, so it feels new," said Ji Jin-hee. In 'Family X Melo', he plays 'Byeon Moo-jin', who reappears in front of the X-family as a building owner after being in the final stages of a business accident, 'Mujirangi'. 11 years ago, Moo-jin, who was reckless, dreamed of making a fortune in business, but instead lost all his assets in a major scam. As a result, he was cut off by his family, and for the next 11 years, he lived as a stranger to his family. Ji Jin-hee emphasized the meaning of family, which is even more special to Moo-jin. Ji Jin-hee said, "Mu-jin is a father who always thinks sincerely of and loves his family. That's why he reappears in front of his family after becoming a millionaire overnight. “For him, family is something he cannot forget even after 11 long years, something that makes him want to return to his home,” he said.

So, despite his daughter Mirae's (Son Na-eun) strong opposition, Moo-jin passionately courts his 'X-wife' Ae-yeon (Kim Ji-soo). As you can see in the pre-released teaser video, Moo-jin, who says, "I came back to seduce your mother again," boldly flirts with Ae-yeon, saying, "Will you marry me again?" and "You're still pretty." This is why Ji Jin-hee chose "Mu-jin's sly and straightforward, cool man who has expressed his feelings to Ae-yeon without reservation, both in the past and present" as an irresistible charm.

The viewers' expectations for this Moo-jin are also high. This is because they are expected to discover a lot of new sides of Ji Jin-hee, who has mainly played characters with weight and gravity in his previous works. Ji Jin-hee is expected to perfectly portray the various aspects of the character, from the past business savage Mu-jin who is confident that everything will work out, to the ‘pure macho’ Mu-jin who is straight-forward in order to win back his one and only love Ae-yeon even after becoming a millionaire, to the ‘mysterious’ Mu-jin who somehow smells of dangerous crime from the background of becoming a millionaire.

He also put a lot of effort into making the gap between the past and present 11 years ago different. Ji Jin-hee said, “I paid attention to the changes in hair and clothes that match the past and present, and especially because the setting is that Mu-jin has returned as a very wealthy person, I tried to show a more neat and sophisticated feeling.”

Above all, the bloody love triangle between Ae-yeon and his X-daughter Mirae is also a point that cannot be missed. Ji Jin-hee also said that he was drawn to ‘Family X Melo’ for this very reason. Ji Jin-hee said, “The setting of adding the melodrama genre to a family relationship was incredibly unique. The content and characters were fresh, so I enjoyed reading the script.” He continued, “There’s also the fun of finding out the truth behind the mystery of how Mu-jin returned to his family after 11 years as a super wealthy man, and the unique key point of this work is the war of nerves between Ae-yeon and his daughter Mirae over her love.” He explained why he chose “family x melodrama.”

The chemistry between Kim Ji-soo, Son Na-eun, and Yoon San-ha, who worked together, was also reminiscent of a ‘real family’. First, Ji Jin-hee said about Kim Ji-soo, who he met again as an X-couple after the drama ‘A Word of Warmth’, “We worked together once before, so I was so happy to work together on ‘Family X Melo’ and thanks to that, we were able to have more fun filming.” Since the two actors also acted out the past from 11 years ago, the melodramatic chemistry between the two, who go back and forth between the past and present, is said to be perfect.

Next, Ji Jin-hee said about Son Na-eun and Yoon San-ha, who worked together as Mu-jin’s love rival(?) and loyal confidant, respectively, “I felt that both of them had a great passion for acting,” and boasted about his perfect chemistry with the actors who were like a ‘real family’, saying, “After filming with the actors for a long time, I felt like we had become a real family as time passed.”

Lastly, Ji Jin-hee said, “‘Family X Melo’ is a special drama that contains both a cheerful love story and a warm family story,” and added, “It is a work that contains a cheerful and warm message about people who lived imperfect lives under the name of family gradually finding the true meaning of family and loving each other, so I hope that this part is conveyed well to the viewers.” Meanwhile, ‘Family X Melo’ is a bloody family melodrama about a father who was abandoned 11 years ago and returns as the owner of the building where our house is built. It will first air on August 10th as a follow-up to ‘She’s Different Day and Night.’

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Thanks @larus for starting this thread!  Ji Jin Hee is my favorite "older" actor.  Can't wait to watch this drama Sat!:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Ji Jin Hee will apear in a sitcom as next project after 'Family X Melo`/Romance in the House.`

I will be watching Romance in the House not only for the cast but because it is `cheerful love story and a warm family story`. I hope it is a good drama.

• Like 2

Ji Jin Hee, Kim Ji Soo, And Son Naeun Have Clashing Views On Possible Family Reunion In Upcoming Drama "Romance In The House"

Aug 06, 2024
by M Lim

JTBC’s upcoming weekend drama “Romance in the House” has shared new stills ahead of its premiere!

Penned by Kim Young Yoon of “My Secret Romance” and directed by Kim Da Ye of “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty,” “Romance in the House” is a family drama that tells the story of Byun Moo Jin (Ji Jin Hee), who, after losing all his money due to repeated business failures and being ostracized by his family 11 years ago, returns as the landlord of their building. Kim Ji Soo plays Byun Moo Jin’s ex-wife Geum Ae Yeon, who raises their two children alone while navigating through all kinds of hardships.

Son Naeun stars as Byun Mi Rae, the daughter of Byun Moo Jin and Geum Ae Yeon who fiercely opposes her parents’ potential reconciliation.

In the newly released stills, Byun Moo Jin returns as a wealthy man before his estranged family. 11 years ago, his business failures led to the loss of the family’s entire fortune and the end of his marriage. Now, he is no longer the failure he once was, having amassed enough wealth to buy a three billion won (approximately $2.2 million) house with cash. Driven by an unwavering determination to win back his beloved wife Ae Yeon, Moo Jin endured 11 years of struggle and is now ready to launch all kinds of efforts to rekindle their relationship.

Romance-in-the-House-1.jpeg

However, Ae Yeon is not easily swayed. Despite Moo Jin’s relentless advances, confessions, and gifts, she remains unmoved. She has built strong defenses to avoid being hurt by him again and has been maintaining a peaceful life that she is determined not to let Moo Jin’s return disrupt.

Romance-in-the-House-2.jpeg

Adding to the tension is Mi Rae, the devoted daughter who has been the guardian of her family for 11 years. Fiercely protective of her mother, Mi Rae vehemently opposes any reunion with Moo Jin, vividly recalling the hardships her mother endured because of him. Living by the motto “If you do everything, you can achieve something,” Mi Rae is prepared to wield her unwavering determination, tenacity, and sense of responsibility to shield her family and thwart Moo Jin’s attempts to rekindle the past.

Romance-in-the-House-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1679422wpp/ji-jin-hee-kim-ji-soo-and-son-naeun-have-clashing-views-on-possible-family-reunion-in-upcoming-drama-romance-in-the-house

• Like 2

Family X Melo (2024) | Korean Drama | Official Teaser 1

Spoiler

These days, the 'kids' 'classic' tiramisu challenge☝️

And, there was a man who took on the challenge?!😆

JTBC's new Sat-Sun drama <Family X Melo> First broadcast on August 10th [Sat] at 10:30 PM

https://business.facebook.com/hashtag/jtbc?source=feed_text&epa=HASHTAG&__tn__=*NK-R

• Like 1

Spoiler

Ji Jin Hee Makes Shocking Return To Kim Ji Soo And Son Naeun After Being Presumed Dead In

Ji Jin Hee Makes Shocking Return To Kim Ji Soo And Son Naeun After Being Presumed Dead In "Romance In The House"

JTBC’s upcoming weekend drama “Romance in the House” has released new stills of Ji Jin Hee, Kim Ji Soo, and Son Naeun!

Written by Kim Young Yoon of “My Secret Romance” and directed by Kim Da Ye of “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty,” “Romance in the House” depicts the journey of individuals who were once estranged but strive to reunite as a family, recognizing the profound effort, introspection, and tears required. Ji Jin Hee stars as Byun Moo Jin, who was divorced by his wife Geum Ae Yeon 11 years ago when his business collapsed, while Kim Ji Soo plays Byun Moo Jin’s ex-wife Geum Ae Yeon, who raises her two children alone while navigating all kinds of hardships.

In the premiere of “Romance in the House,” viewers will witness a dramatic twist: Moo Jin, who was cut off and thought to be dead by his family 11 years ago, makes a shocking return. He appears before his former wife Ae Yeon and his two children—Mi Rae (Son Naeun) and Hyun Jae (ASTRO’s Sanha)—looking perfectly fine.

romance-in-the-house-1.jpg

romance-in-the-house-2.jpg

Moo Jin’s comeback is a surprise not just for his old family but also for everyone at the villa, where he has become the new owner of a property worth 3 billion won (approximately $2.2 million). This significant change from his previous role as the family’s struggling provider is sure to be a major talking point.

romance-in-the-house-3.jpg

Spoiler

romance-in-the-house-4.jpg

Moo Jin returns to his family with the goal of reclaiming his roles as husband, father, and head of the household. However, his daughter Mi Rae is fiercely opposed to his return. His repeated business failures had a significant impact on Mi Rae’s mother, Ae Yeon, leading to many challenges.

Since their divorce, Mi Rae, who developed strong resentment toward her father, has become a successful merchandiser (MD) at a large supermarket and a fierce protector of her mother. Now determined to prove she is thriving without him, Mi Rae is ready to block Moo Jin’s attempts to win Ae Yeon back, showing even more resolve than she did when she cut ties with him at 18.

Spoiler

romance-in-the-house-7.jpg

romance-in-the-house-5.jpg

Moo Jin’s return isn’t just mysterious because of his shocking newfound wealth, but also because of the many secrets he’s keeping. He refuses to say how he made his money or what he did during the 11 years after his divorce.

His mysterious circumstances creat more buzz at the family villa, with people growing increasingly curious about the hidden stories behind his secrets because of the hint of possible criminal activity surrounding him.

Spoiler

romance-in-the-house-6.jpg

“Romance in the House” is set to premiere on August 10 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1679013wpp/ji-jin-hee-makes-shocking-return-to-kim-ji-soo-and-son-naeun-after-being-presumed-dead-in-upcoming-drama-romance-in-the-house

• Like 1

Family X Melo' Ji Jin-hee X Kim Ji-soo X Son Na-eun, character relationship chart... A restaurant with interesting relationships

202408071010570848383_20240807101130_01.

We looked at the character relationships of JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Family X Melo'.

#. Family Villa 102 Kim Ji-soo-Son Na-eun-Yoon San-ha and 302 Ji Jin-hee are X-family

Geum Ae-yeon (Kim Ji-soo)-Byun Mi-rae (Son Na-eun)-Byun Hyun-jae (Yoon San-ha) are a family living in Family Villa 102. Mother and daughter Ae-yeon and Mi-rae, who have been each other's Wonder Women and have done their best, the youngest Hyun-jae, the family's favorite, and their pet dog, Geum-gold, live peacefully. However, the main character who will shatter this peace in an instant enters the Family Villa. It is none other than Mu-jin, the new resident of Room 302. He is a husband and father who was abandoned by his family 11 years ago and reappears in front of them to reunite the family. The complicated relationships between them stimulate viewers' interest to the max.

#. Family Villa People Who Will Amplify the Thrill of Ji Jin-hee's Mystery, Semi-basement Kim Ki-cheon → 301 Yang Jo-ah In addition to these, there are various people living in the family villa, from grandfather Choi Dong-jin (Kim Ki-cheon) who lives alone in the semi-basement, the landlords & housekeepers of this place, 201 Jang Chun-sik (Jeong Seok-yong) - Hwang Jin-hee (Hwang Jung-min) and their cute grandson Jang Eun-woo (Jo Seo-yoon), the nail art shop owner & her housekeepers, 202 Yoo Se-ri (Hwang Bo-ra) - Lee Jung-hyeok (Kim Do-hyun), 301 Ahn Jeong-in (Yang Jo-ah), the beauty salon owner and sister-like Ae-yeon, and 101 Kang Nam (Lee Kyo-yeop), the owner of 'Gangnam Hope'. These people, each with their own stories, fill the play with colorful fun.

#. Another Family X Melo's protagonist, JPLUS owner family Choi Min-ho (feat. Jung Woong-in & Son Na-eun) The fierce melodrama between family members is not limited to the family villa. At first glance, he looks like an ordinary Taekwondo gym instructor and a mart security guard, but in reality, Nam Tae-pyeong (Choi Min-ho), the third generation of the JPLUS owner family, is a conglomerate and will draw a bloody family melodrama with his father Nam Chi-yeol (Jung Woong-in) over the right to inherit the management. Tae-pyeong, who thinks that being a conglomerate is due to his father's circumstances, is building his own life, but Chi-yeol thinks it is just his son's wandering and harasses Tae-pyeong. Furthermore, their family is as complicated as the future family where the father and daughter fight over Ae-yeon, making us curious about their relationship.
Meanwhile, JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Family X Melo' will premiere on JTBC on Saturday, August 10th at 10:30 PM as the follow-up to 'Day and Night'.

SHINee's Minho Balances Two Jobs Despite His Wealthy Background In New Drama "Romance In The House"

Aug 08, 2024

SHINee’s Minho has previewed his role in the upcoming JTBC weekend drama “Romance in the House”!

Written by Kim Young Yoon of “My Secret Romance” and directed by Kim Da Ye of “My ID Is Gangnam Beauty,” “Romance in the House” depicts the journey of individuals who were once estranged but strive to reunite as a family, recognizing the profound effort, introspection, and tears required. Ji Jin Hee stars as Byun Moo Jin, who was divorced by his wife Geum Ae Yeon 11 years ago when his business collapsed, while Kim Ji Soo plays Byun Moo Jin’s ex-wife Geum Ae Yeon, who raises her two children alone while navigating all kinds of hardships.

Minho will portray Nam Tae Pyeong, a character who lives life on his own terms. The role will highlight both the challenges and romance of youth. Nam Tae Pyeong hides his identity as the youngest son of the wealthy J-Plus Mart family. He leads a busy life, balancing roles as a Taekwondo instructor and a supermarket security guard. This unique role is expected to highlight his acting range through diverse actions and emotional expressions.

romance-in-the-house-choi-minho-1.jpg

Nam Tae Pyeong, who remains indifferent to admirers despite his good looks, will bond with Byun Mi Rae (Son Naeun) over their shared complex family backgrounds. Their developing relationship and romance are expected to captivate viewers and enhance the show’s appeal.

romance-in-the-house-choi-minho-2.jpg

Minho said, “‘Romance in the House’ blends realistic elements with dramatic storytelling. It features diverse developments and genres, making it an engaging watch. I hope many viewers will tune in and enjoy the show.”

romance-in-the-house-choi-minho-3.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1679934wpp/shinees-minho-balances-two-jobs-despite-his-wealthy-background-in-new-drama-romance-in-the-house

• Like 1

`Family X Melo' Kim Ji-soo "Tired of elegant roles... Waited for a comical piece"

AKR20240809094900005_01_i_P4.jpg

"I've played a lot of scary characters and elegant characters. I'm someone who really has nothing to do with elegance. I was tired of those roles, so I really liked this friendly character who is full of life and can be seen often next door." (Actress Kim Ji-soo)

Ji Jin-hee and Kim Ji-soo reunite as ex-couple after 11 years of separation in the new romantic comedy drama 'Family X Melo', which will premiere on JTBC on the afternoon of the 10th of this month.

At the production presentation held online on the 9th, Kim Ji-soo said, "I have been waiting for a very long time for a work that is this cheerful, warm, comical, and touching."

AKR20240809094900005_02_i_P4.jpg

high.jpg&w=750&q=75

Kim Ji-soo, who plays the role of Geum Ae-yeon, a strong mother raising two children after divorce, said, "The script was so fun. It was cheerful but also warm and comical, and there was also emotion in it," and added, "I've been waiting for a piece like this."
She added, "The characters I've played have to be scary, restrained, refined, and elegant, and I've done that a lot." She continued, "(Ae-yeon) is a character you can often see next door, so I liked it. The setting of a love triangle between a father, daughter, and mother felt unique."
She continued, "I thought I had to do it because Ji Jin-hee said she'd do it. I was so curious about (Son) Na-eun, (Choi) Min-ho, and (Yoon) San-ha, so I wanted to do it, and now I've found the piece."
Meanwhile, 'Family X Melo' is a bloody family melodrama about a father who threw her away 11 years ago and returns as the building owner of our house. It will first air at 10:30 PM on the 10th.

• Like 2