[Drama July 2024] UMI NO HAJIMARI/THE BEGINNING OF THE SEA 海のはじまり-Ren Meguro; Izutani Rana; Shinobu Otake; Furukawa Kotone;

CarolynH

**Oops, meant to post this yesterday.....

Ugh, hearing the music from Silent makes me want to watch it again :joy:

haha so funny when the little girl showed all her cards when she bent to pick up the card that fell to the floor!  she sounds like a pretty shrewd card player!

They sure put the drama together quickly, didn't they?  Fingers cross that Umi no Harjimari does well!

• Awesome 1

Busy morning for Meme and Arimura with back to back appearances and interviews

Spoiler

Spoiler

Producer Ken Murase sharing a snap of the Tanabata bamboo / Mezamashi TV studio. 🙂

Spoiler

Can't help but love how much Producer Ken shares updates ever since Umi No Hajimari was announced.

Ms Shinobu Otake posts in her IG pics with Sena and good impressions of Meme ❤️ 

Meme's agency shares his Tanabata wish / Arimura's team shares pic taken at the set

Spoiler

More Appearances!

Spoiler

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Ugh, hearing the music from Silent makes me want to watch it again :joy:

I listen to the album almost daily when unwinding 😆 

haha so funny when the little girl showed all her cards when she bent to pick up the card that fell to the floor!  she sounds like a pretty shrewd card player!

Ahahaha, she is pretty smart! Like Yamada she poked fun too to Meme that he'll be the next game's loser 😅

They sure put the drama together quickly, didn't they?  Fingers cross that Umi no Harjimari does well!

Yep, they're on sched! 

• Like 2

Meme and Arimura....Love all the promoting pics...  

First time I hear about Tanabata....I googled it and it is Star Festival. 

I was amazed by how beautiful and tragic the Tanabata story is. It reminds me of a story from Greek Mythology.

• Like 2

@rocher22 I saw those too, now I'd really like to see the whole thing. I'd so love to hear the whole theme song as well.

Spoiler

Meme is now even better an actor. 🥹

Another iconic scene that matches or can be even more than the Silent's iconic bridge scene has arrived.

Spoiler

OMG, Mizuki sounded so psychotic over the phone breaking up with Natsu. 😬

Natsu was distraught over the unexpected pregnancy and he was equally reluctant signing the form to terminate it... I felt so bad when that consent he signed was "used" against him years later. 

Then that coup de grace of seeing that video of Mizuki telling Umi that she loves Natsu. And his own video of Mizuki from that trip to the beach long ago

"Umi(sea) daisuke!"

For Umi, who was watching:

"Umi I love you so much!"

😭😭😭

While Natsu was barely managing to muffle his sobs.

• Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Reveal hidden contents

Meme is now even better an actor. 🥹

Another iconic scene that matches or can be even more than the Silent's iconic bridge scene has arrived.

Reveal hidden contents

OMG, Mizuki sounded so psychotic over the phone breaking up with Natsu. 😬

Natsu was distraught over the unexpected pregnancy and he was equally reluctant sign the form to terminate it... I felt so bad when that consent he signed was "used" against him years later. 

Then that coup de grace of seeing that video of Mizuki telling Umi that she loves Natsu. And his own video of Mizuki from that trip to the beach long ago

"Umi(sea) daisuke!"

For Umi, who was watching:

"Umi I love you so much!"

😭😭😭

While Natsu was barely managing to muffle his sobs.

Spoiler

The breaking up scene and the signing scene are very good. 

Even though we dont know the whole story I still dont like how he was deceived.  :unsure:

I didnt understand, based on the videos, what Mizuki's reason was.

the preview for ep 2..Yayoi looked sad and insecure. 

so cute....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The breaking up scene and the signing scene are very good. 

Even though we dont know the whole story I still dont like how he was deceived.  :unsure:

I didnt understand, based on the videos, what Mizuki's reason was.

the preview for ep 2..Yayoi looked sad and insecure. 

so cute....

She's a darling 🙂

Spoiler

Mizuki told him too that she found another she likes more than him in that break up call. 😬 

I'd like to see the whole ep to pick Mizuki's mind. It's not as if she has a bad boyfriend (based from the clips posted)...

Yayoi and Natsu were doing well, but now there's a kid, and let's be honest, he won't keep that old video and cry over Mizuki if he had no love left for her.

There's that cliché of having a rival she can't ever hope to compete with. 😔

In this drama's 1st ep clips, I don't see any traces of the previous roles Meme had taken up to how he's portraying Natsu. 👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Meet Natsu's mother, Yukiko Tsukioka, played by Ms Naomi Nishida, on her first day of filming 👏👏👏

Meme working closely with the director 

Looks like the set this time is his parents' house.

Furukawa and Sena dancing 😊

• Like 1

Meet Natsu's stepfather Kazuya Tsukioka, played by Yasufumi Hayashi, on first day shoot.

Spoiler

Tsukioka family members are very close-knit 😊 They are, in essence, the poster model for a blended family. (At least that's how they are in the 1st ep, hehehe)

The Beginning of the Sea surpasses viewership of Silent at the same period 🎊

• Like 1