[Current Drama 2024] Scandal - 스캔들 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

Woah. He looks so young. My mistake. 

I know right?! I thought he was her son, but it's possible that it was a mistranslation on Namu Wiki. However, Ji-Yeon is already her daughter, so the man very well be the aunt's husband.

The aunt's husband was also in Cuckoo Nest/Two Mothers and Red Shoes.

2 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

7.5 (2nd)

Nice. I've been tracking the ratings, it seems like this drama will get KBS back on track with its ratings for dailies. If it reaches 10 percent, it'll be doing very well. Despite these ratings, the drama is still doing well with audiences.

• Like 1

Another unplanned pregnancy? OMGoodness this is 2024, there are many types of contraceptives. Marrying because of pregnancy seems to be ‘to take responsibility’ Although they are dating and marriage may be in the cards, only later.  Still why aren’t they using protection? Neither SA or JH seemed surprised she got pregnant. 

I have not seen the guy in any show.

20 hours ago, kboramint said:

Also, are we doing that whole trope where the pregnent heroine gets dumped by the boyfiend/fiancee/husband so he can be with his mistress story arc again?  

It looks like it, a rich older mistress.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maribella said:

It looks like it, a rich older mistress.

The girl from Game of Witches is not that  old. LOL.  

@liyahsbutterfly

The man in SFL's family household told the young woman  to massage "Appa's" shoulders so he is indeed Auntie's husband.  They look like they can be siblings. 

And the convenience store scene has clairified that SFL's orphan friends that helped her speak on the phone are these two.  

Prediction: The woman in the conveniene store is going to die. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kboramint said:

The man in SFL's family household told the young woman  to massage "Appa's" shoulders so he is indeed Auntie's husband.  They look like they can be siblings. 

They really do! I think the actor is in his 40s. Maybe it's a noona romance?

45 minutes ago, kboramint said:

The woman in the conveniene store is going to die. 

I haven't watched today's episode yet. How do you think she'll die?

3 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

They really do! I think the actor is in his 40s. Maybe it's a noona romance?

I haven't watched today's episode yet. How do you think she'll die?

Just speculation. If this drama follows the same tropes as past makjung daily dramas, someone close to the heroine character dies (or leaves her behind) in their childhood story arc (which in this case was the heroine's dad) then someone in their young adult (part-timer) story arc dies. I don't think it's the Aunt that will die (Similar to Game of Witches) so I came to the conclusion it's someone close to Seol-A and Jin-Ho 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

The girl from Game of Witches is not that  old. LOL.  

57 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

You mean Min Joo-Ryeon? She's not old.

:relaxed: I thought you meant the mother.  The daughter is chasing him and at the death of the mother, it looks like she has not snagged him. So I don’t think the ML ditched SFL for her. I am guessing after being stood up at the altar ( haven’t seen this for awhile) she lost her baby and then found him as someone else. 

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

And the convenience store scene has clairified that SFL's orphan friends that helped her speak on the phone are these two.  

I think viewers may become more sympathetic to the ML during the flashbacks. He would be her friend and protector growing up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maribella said:

So I don’t think the ML ditched SFL for her.

Based on the conversation between FL's daughter and ML in the first episode, they did have a romantic past. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

I don't think it's the Aunt that will die (Similar to Game of Witches) so I came to the conclusion it's someone close to Seol-A and Jin-Ho 

Eun-Byul, Seol-Ah's best friend? She was seen at the wrap party, so she will not die.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I am guessing after being stood up at the altar ( haven’t seen this for awhile) she lost her baby and then found him as someone else. 

Good theory.

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

Based on the conversation between FL's daughter and ML in the first episode, they did have a romantic past. 

We’ll probably catch more soon, they walked into the wrap party arm in arm, but she was still arguing with her mother over him.

• Like 1

He went with her to a dinner with her friends and he seemed to agonise over it. Probably hid it from SA.

edit: Flashback. So he could be going out with her while being dating SA. The daughter seemed to use her clout to grab guys.

• Like 1

caught up -- liked that the nanny took the jewels she was accused of stealing. hahahaha...

want to know if the doctor who was threatened and forced to give a false death certificate will show up later. he did see seol ah under the bed and didn't say anything. 

a snow white reference -- seoh ah's apple that she took a bite out of is found by the stepmom kyung sook. 

since there were 7 dwarves who help and protect snow white, am wondering if we will have further references to the fairy tale. kyung sook looks like a person who will have enemies everywhere because she is terrible and also backstabs. so rather than seol ah alone in her revenge scheme, maybe it will be a group that has been hurt by her?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kyung sook looks like a person who will have enemies everywhere because she is terrible and also backstabs. so rather than seol ah alone in her revenge scheme, maybe it will be a group that has been hurt by her?

Which sets up the murder mystery. She has a lot of enemies so any of those enemies could of killed her including her bio-daughter.  

• Like 3

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Scandal - 스캔들 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST