[Drama 2024] Dare to Love Me, 함부로 대해줘

larus

20240521013220_dare-to-love-me.jpeg?s=90First Impressions: "Dare To Love Me" Is A Comical Romance Between An Old-Fashioned Man & A Reckless Woman

May 21, 2024

Far away from the bustling city lights of Seoul lies the village of Seongsan. Untouched by the modern world and its hyper-competitive ecosystem, Seongsan retains its old-world charm and values.

Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo) is a resident of the village and belongs to the distinguished Woorim family. A 21st-century scholar, he is firmly rooted in Confucian values. Even though he had spent time in Seoul and was mocked for being different, Yoon Bok has never compromised on his principles. He is now back in the city to investigate the missing heritage pieces from his village. Back in Seoul on his new mission, he runs into his one-time art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young).

Seven years ago, Hong Do had stood by Yoon Bok when he was a student at the webtoon academy, where she was an assistant. As other students had mocked him for his traditional attire and for being too conservative, Hong Do had imbibed confidence in him. But Hong Do in the present is a pitiful person. An assistant at a design company, she is a people-pleaser and tends to get walked over by everyone, including her selfish boyfriend. Yoon Bok, who continues to have the deepest regard and reverence for her, cannot seem to understand why the confident teacher he knew is a pushover. Hong Do, on the other hand, starts seeing Yoon Bok in a new light, like a knight in shining armor. Could this budding romance be a comedy of errors as well as the bridge between traditional and modern-day relationships?

dare-to-love-me-1-1.jpeg

Here is what you can expect from “Dare to Love Me,” which is an adaptation of a webtoon and promises a laugh-out-loud romance between a mismatched couple.

The winsome Shin Yoon Bok

kim-myung-soo.jpeg

Shin Yoon Bok is proud of his roots and upholds his principles. Though well aware and abreast with the socio-cultural dynamics of the time, he remains rooted in Confucianism. He reveres his elders and teachers, has the highest respect for women and children, and believes that a person’s morals and ethics are what defines them. It’s no wonder he sticks out as the odd one in a self-observed and obsessed society. But little do people realize that this simpleton is not only bright and wise but has innate physical strength that is unmatchable.

He embarks on a mission to restore the pride of his village and the Woorim family name. And as he investigates the missing treasures, he realizes that there might be a mole among them. But if there is one situation he cannot comprehend, it’s his teacher Hong Do, who seems to be regarding him as more than her one-time student. There are several moments of hilarity as Yoon Bok keeps a respectful distance from her as he shares a meal, speaks to her with deep reverence as if addressing an elder, and the best one is his impassive reaction to her love confession.

But there are other aspects of Yoon Bok which are delightful too. Oblivious to the stares and mocking glances that come his way, he remains proud. Whether it is walking into school wearing a gat (traditional Korean hat) and a modern school uniform or trying to enter a club in his traditional chima jeogori (long skirt and pants), he remains unfazed. There are also cute moments when he enters a cafe and gets flustered with the kiosk machine or when he encounters gangsters and politely tells them how they are not nice people and don’t know how to treat people well. He understands that in order to succeed in his mission, he needs to adapt to modern life as well. His transformation is pretty cool as he opts for leather jackets, hoodies, and jeans, but nowhere does he let his new look change the principled man he is at heart.

Kim Myung Soo is adorable as the unique Yoon Bok. His impassive face and reactions are endearing. His simplicity is winsome, and even though one feels the urge to protect him, he is a man who can take care of himself. Kim Myung Soo carries the show with ease, and his comedic timing and expressions are a riot.

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1661716wpp/first-impressions-dare-to-love-me-is-a-comical-romance-between-an-old-fashioned-man-a-reckless-woman

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scribbledjunkie said:

I'm leaning more towards mother. The sister was the one who called him from the hospital. I don't understand why they were driven out of Seongsan though... was it because Yun-bok's father was already dead and she was now a widow?🤔

It could be both of them let himalone because grandfather

Here is the ratings for Episode 4! :)

20240522020338_ratings-0522.jpg?s=900x60

"Lovely Runner" And "Crash" Soar To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, episode 4 of KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” achieved an average nationwide rating of 1.4 percent, seeing a small dip in ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1663087wpp/lovely-runner-and-crash-soar-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

Dare to Love Me: Episodes 3-4

by starrygazer

This week our drama is full of funny moments, which it’s great at. There are some bonding moments too, which are lovely to see between our leads. And there’s a little bit of heartache mixed in, which for me adds more depth to the story.

EPISODES 3-4

After saving Hong-do from the rain last week, Yoon-bok has developed a nasty cold. When Hong-do finds out she makes him some porridge and takes it to him. He’s still treating her with the utmost respect even though he’s sick and I love how she uses her *cough* “teacher status” to try and make him more comfortable and encourage him to let her help. All without pushing his boundaries too far.

The next day Yoon-bok seems recovered, but Hong-do senses something is wrong with him when he asks her to go for a drink with him. While drinking, they are sitting behind each other again, which made me chuckle. (Clearly to make our hero more comfortable.) Yoon-bok tells Hong-do that someone from his past has contacted him, but he is used to being alone now. Hong-do can feel his hurt and tries to comfort him, telling him he’s not alone as he has her and Hong-hak. Still, she feels like should have been taking care of him sooner.

null

Yoon-bok tells her she’s always been affectionate towards him. In the past when people were kind to him they eventually grew uncomfortable and left, but she is someone he wants to be close to. How can my heart sing and break at the same time? Hong-do seems to feel the same, and she tells Yoon-bok to lean on her anytime — and then he literally does haha! Followed by falling on the floor, to Hong-do’s horror.

Hong-do guides Yoon-bok homeward through his drunken haze. He jumps away from the skinship and tells her she looks drunk, which she finds funny but plays along. Putting him on a bench, she tells him she’s going to get him a drink. But as she turns to leave, we have a wrist grab, people! (Well, there’s two, but who’s counting? *cough*) Yoon-bok asks her if she’s abandoning him, and a tiny piece of my heart is broken.

As we flashback to a scene from Yoon-bok’s childhood, we learn that the boy has abandonment issues for a reason. When he was little, his mum and sister abandoned him at Seongsan Village, telling him to count to one hundred and they would be back. (You can guess how that ended.) Then we have Yoon-bok’s grandfather SHIN SOO-GEUN (Sunwoo Jae-deok) telling a young, visibly upset Yoon-bok not to waste his emotions on people: the only person he can rely on is himself. Poor Yoon-bok! He’s obviously still scarred by this as he sits and waits for Hong-do while slowly counting to 100.

Whilst finally finding a convenience store, Hong-do receives a call from her new boss CAMILLE (Bae Jong-ok), who has told her when she calls she expects Hong-do to materialize within thirty minutes. Hong-do is now in a bind. It has taken her so long to find a store… will she have time to go back for Yoon-bok? Or will she have to abandon him and go straight to Camille on pain of being unemployed?

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/dare-to-love-me-episodes-3-4/

by Lily Alice, May 22, 2024

KBS2's Dare to Love Me dropped to its lowest viewership of 1.4% for episode 4. Its premiere rating of 2.3% remains its highest so far. 

QJYpYY_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Dare to Love Me?

Episode 5 of Dare to Love Me will air on May 27 (Monday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix and Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lovely-runner-and-crash-rise-to-their-highest-ratings

20240527091802_dare-to-love-me-5_72fda1.Lee Yoo Young Grows Anxious As Jo In Suddenly Appears In Kim Myung Soo's Life In "Dare To Love Me"

May 27, 2024
by E Ezeji

KBS 2TV’s drama “Dare to Love Me” has shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Spoilers

Previously in “Dare to Love Me,” Kim Hong Do reunited with Shin Yoon Bok and started developing special feelings for him because of the way he calmly comforts her whenever she feels extremely downcast. Moreover, after eavesdropping on a conversation about Shin Yoon Bok’s relationship issues in Seongsan Village, Kim Hong Do found herself emotionally affected by even the smallest of Shin Yoon Bok’s actions.

When a mysterious woman named Shin Yi Bok (Jo In) paid Shin Yoon Bok a visit, Kim Hong Do started feeling uneasy. Although she doesn’t know whether she’s his fiancée or his ex-girlfriend, the fact that she knows Shin Yoon Bok makes Hong Do anxious.

The newly released stills capture Kim Hong Do’s complex emotions. When Kim Hong Do runs into Shin Yi Bok by chance at a convenience store in the neighborhood, Shin Yi Bok smiles at Kim Hong Do without a care in the world, but Kim Hong Do is unable to do the same. As Shin Yoon Bok previously confided in Hong Do about receiving a call from someone who had left him in the past, the speculation that Shin Yi Bok might be more than just an ordinary acquaintance adds to Hong Do’s anxiety.

Viewers can’t help but wonder who Shin Yi Bok is, what kind of relationship she has with Shin Yoon Bok, and whether Kim Hong Do, who is becoming increasingly interested in matters related to Shin Yoon Bok, will be able to realize her own feelings.

dare-to-love-me-4_57217f.jpg

dare-to-love-me-3_242ff7.jpg

Spoiler

dare-to-love-me-2_941774.jpg

dare-to-love-me-1_5a5375.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664203wpp/lee-yoo-young-grows-anxious-as-jo-in-suddenly-appears-in-kim-myung-soos-life-in-dare-to-love-me

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 5! :)

20240528022656_lovely-runner-0527.jpeg?s

"Lovely Runner" Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet Ahead Of Finale

Episode 5 of KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” also maintained the same score as its previous episode’s viewership rating of 1.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664373wpp/lovely-runner-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-ahead-of-finale

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Share A Romantic Day In

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Share A Romantic Day In "Dare To Love Me"

May 28, 2024
by M Lim

Dare to Love Me” has shared new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Spoilers

Previously on “Dare to Love Me,” Kim Hong Do finally realized that her inexplicable feelings were because she liked Shin Yoon Bok. She was grateful for his warm respect and consideration, as he never treated her carelessly. Because of this, she looked after Shin Yoon Bok, who was unfamiliar with city life in Seoul, and soon found happiness in spending time with him.

Attention also turns to Shin Yoon Bok, who found comfort in Kim Hong Do’s encouragement and warm words seven years ago, prompting speculation about whether he might also be developing feelings for her.

The newly released stills show Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do spending a day in Seongsan Village to carry out a mission from Camillie (Bae Jong Ok). As Kim Hong Do enthusiastically explores Seongsan Village, Shin Yoon Bok looks at her fondly from behind, being a supportive presence.

Their gazes toward each other are filled with trust and affection, making them look like a couple. In another scene, Shin Yoon Bok takes off his robe and drapes it around Kim Hong Do, creating a romantic mood against the warm sunset backdrop.

dare-to-love-me-8.jpeg

To cheer up the weary Kim Hong Do, Shin Yoon Bok thoughtfully prepares a small event. When an unexpected situation arises, his prompt actions surprise those around him and make Kim Hong Do’s heart race. Shin Yoon Bok’s actions also pique the curiosity of Seongsan Village’s residents, as he has brought the same woman into the village twice, a place where outsiders are not usually allowed.

What memories will the two create in the village? Find out in the next episode of “Dare To Love Me,” airing on May 28 at 10:10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664513wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-yoo-young-share-a-romantic-day-in-dare-to-love-me

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 6! :)

20240529015421_sol-sun-01.jpeg?s=900x600

"Lovely Runner" Ends On Highest Viewership Ratings Of Its Entire Run

Meanwhile, KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” earned an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.1 percent, seeing a small dip in ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1664633wpp/lovely-runner-ends-on-highest-viewership-ratings-of-its-entire-run

Dare to Love Me: Episodes 5-6

by starrygazer

This week, the plot picks up for our couple as they have to shoulder a bunch of misunderstandings and mishaps. But while our OTP might be struggling, our secondary couple goes from a few limited yet sweet interactions to full-blown drama. Let’s see where this week’s episodes take us, shall we?

EPISODES 5-6

Poor Hong-do has convinced herself that this surprise guest of Yoon-bok’s has to be his ex-girlfriend. Dear oh dear. The identity of said over-familiar intruder is in fact SHIN YI-BOK (Jo In) —Yoon-bok’s long lost sister — who has made it very clear she will not leave. However, this just makes our hero build the walls around his heart even higher and tell her to stay out of his sight and to leave quickly and quietly. Ouch!

Now for our endearing couple. Hong-do tries to ask Yoon-bok outright who his guest is. But our hero just brushes her off thinking he doesn’t want to make her worry again. But Hong-do’s curiosity is killing her, so she decides to buy “Hong-hak” some chicken. When the chicken arrives she collects most of it, leaving the scraps for Hong-hak, and uses the excuse to go over to Yoon-bok’s – haha. She soon wishes she hadn’t! Seeing Yi-bok through the window throwing her wet hair back like a shampoo commercial has her imagination going everywhere it shouldn’t!

Hong-do can’t seem to concentrate on anything the next day; her heart is literally aching over Yoon-bok. (The gunshot she hears when seeing another couple. The hearts in the clouds!) Do you still not get it Hong-do? I did snicker to myself when she googled what her symptoms were and came to the conclusion of arrhythmia haha.

That night, Hong-do tries to buy her favorite beer and for the second time it’s been sold out. She marches to the counter only to find Yi-bok buying every last can of her beer. (Is that steam I see coming out of her ears?) Finally, Yi-bok puts Hong-do out of her misery and tells her she’s Yoon-bok’s sister. Hong-do’s demeanor changes so dramatically it’s hard not to laugh. The girls get on like a house on fire, which is lovely to see. Yi-bok tells Hong-do that she thinks her brother relies on her a lot — and that he’s different around Hong-do. He seems happy.

On his way home, Yoon-bok is thinking about Hong-do and remembering their non date whilst passing an ice cream parlor. He takes some over to Hong-do’s… just as she flings open the door, knocks him flat on his back, and then falls directly on top of him. Cue our Titanic music and me chanting “kiss-kiss-kiss!” (Yes, I am aware I’m getting ahead of myself). But after this interlude, Hong-do does come to an important conclusion: she likes Yoon-bok. How didn’t she know this already?

The next day, Hong-do is telling herself she can just control her emotions — she’s an adult. This “car accident” of a crush won’t go any further. Oh ye of little faith!! As soon as Hong-do comes out and sees Yoon-bok, she tries to flirt with him. (Side note: Hong-do is horrible at flirting to the point that Yoon-bok asks if she’s sick haha.)

Yoon-bok decides to help Hong-do try and convince Grandad Shin about the fashion show, since he has rejected Camille’s attempt. Hong-do feels shameless asking for help again, but Yoon-bok tells her that she isn’t just anyone to him so of course he should help her achieve her dream. Oh this is just so gooey and cute and I love it!

At Seongsan Village our couple try to convince the locals to come on board with the fashion show. Hong-do is downcast and dejected after the villagers all say they’re against it. So, Yoon-bok takes her for his favorite pick-me-up snack and tells her if today is a salty day something good will follow tomorrow to make it a sweet day. This is all kinds of adorable.

The conversation also harks back to what they talked about on their on their non-date, and Hong-do is touched. Yoon-bok tells her, “I will always cheer you up by your side. Do not be upset.” Hong-do thinks to herself: How can my heart not race at this? I wholeheartedly agree with you, Hong-do!

Se-ryeong hears that Hong-do is back in the village and makes an appearance to mark her territory, calling herself Yoon-bok’s fiancee (I think not, sister!). Thankfully, Hong-do sides with me on this, telling Se-ryeong that’s not what Yoon-bok said. Se-ryeong is startled by Yoon-bok’s voice behind her and knocks the food all over Hong-do’s white clothes. Accidentally? On purpose? I’m not sure, but it doesn’t really matter as I’m pretty sure the reaction coming was not what Se-ryeong wanted to see. Our little white knight dusts off his armor and wastes no time in taking off his overcoat to put over Hong-do. Cue the Titanic music again with slow motion to enhance the swoon factor.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/dare-to-love-me-episodes-5-6/

Lee Yoo Young And Kim Myung Soo Enjoy A Heart-Fluttering Outdoor Date In

Lee Yoo Young And Kim Myung Soo Enjoy A Heart-Fluttering Outdoor Date In "Dare To Love Me"

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Dare to Love Me” is a romantic comedy about the love story between Shin Yoon Bok (Kim Myung Soo), a 21st-century scholar from Seongsan village who believes deeply in Confucian values, and his art teacher Kim Hong Do (Lee Yoo Young), who has a reckless and straightforward personality.

Spoilers

The newly released stills capture Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do on a heart-fluttering date, which begins with Kim Hong Do asking Shin Yoon Bok for three wishes.

In the stills, Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do are dressed to impress on their outing together, conveying their excitement for the date and raising anticipation for their chemistry. While outside, Shin Yoon Bok draws Kim Hong Do. Since the two first met at a webtoon academy, the scene of Shin Yoon Bok drawing is familiar yet novel.

Viewers are curious to find out if the drawing is related to Kim Hong Do’s wishes.

dare-to-love-me-2.jpeg

The next episode of “Dare to Love Me” will air on June 3 at 10:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665620wpp/lee-yoo-young-and-kim-myung-soo-enjoy-a-heart-fluttering-outdoor-date-in-dare-to-love-me

NEW EVENT!

Guess the K-Drama!

Hello future/ budding Sherlocks and Poirots!  :heythere:

Get ready to put on your thinking caps for we, the EO Team is back with a new event!  :yay:

Guess the K-dramas from their brief plot outlines and find out how well you know your K-dramas! Are you just one step away from being the next 'Walking K-Drama Encyclopedia! :coolshades:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Posted (edited)

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Show Professionalism And Great Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of

Kim Myung Soo And Lee Yoo Young Show Professionalism And Great Chemistry Behind The Scenes Of "Dare To Love Me"

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” has shared behind-the-scenes photos featuring Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young!

In the released photos, Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young capture attention with their professionalism as well as their adorable charms. Kim Myung Soo’s intense gaze and expressions during rehearsals reflect his dedication to perfecting each scene.

dare-to-love-me-1.jpg

Lee Yoo Young is seen monitoring the screen intently after filming a rain scene. As it is a scene in which Kim Hong Do’s emotions are heightened due to her personal problems with her ex-boyfriend from work, Lee Yoo Young completed the filming with detailed acting and thorough monitoring.

dare-to-love-me-4.jpg

Additionally, Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young can be seen checking their scripts and exchanging lines with each other, showing their serious commitment to the filming of the drama. As they had many scenes together, they frequently conversed and synchronized their performances to enhance the quality of the production.

Spoiler

dare-to-love-me-2.jpg

However, when the cameras stop rolling, Kim Myung Soo and Lee Yoo Young transform into the mood makers on set, bringing energy and cheerfulness. Unlike how they kept their distance from each other in the drama, the two share close, adorable moments off-camera, evoking warmth and a sweet, tingling excitement.

Spoiler

dare-to-love-me-3.jpg

The next episode of “Dare to Love Me” will air on June 3 at 10:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665803wpp/kim-myung-soo-and-lee-yoo-young-show-professionalism-and-great-chemistry-behind-the-scenes-of-dare-to-love-me

Edited by ferily
Maximum of 3 images per post, please put any other images in spoiler tag. Thanks!

Here is the ratings for Episode 7! :).

20240604015058_monday-ratings-0603.jpg?s

"Crash" Hits New All Time High As "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" Joins Ratings Race

The ratings battle for Monday-Tuesday dramas is heating up!

The latest episode of KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” earned an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.1 percent, maintaining the same score as its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665902wpp/crash-hits-new-all-time-high-as-the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-joins-ratings-race

Here is the ratings for Episode 8! :).

20240605015336_ratings.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

"Crash" Soars To New All Time High + "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" Follows With Solid Ratings

KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me,” which entered its second half last night, earned an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.1 percent, maintaining the same score as its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1666161wpp/crash-soars-to-new-all-time-high-the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-follows-with-solid-ratings

Dare to Love Me: Episodes 7-8

by starrygazer

Everything is a series of uncertainties and home truths for our leading couple this week, as the painful past comes full circle for our hero, thanks to a little nudge from our heroine. Can they come out of it and find a way back to each other…?

EPISODES 7-8

Things are icy cold every time Hong-do runs into Yoon-bok and she really misses him. He misses her too but the lost little boy inside is winning at the moment and Hong-do has just about had enough. She heads over to his place to confront him. Hong-do is so direct, and I love her for it! She asks Yoon-bok outright why is he being like this? Didn’t he say he wanted to be by her side whether it was a salty or sweet day?

It’s nice to see Yoon-bok realize his fear hurt her, and he tells her that he was wrapped up in his own emotion and did not think that it would hurt her. It’s adorable that he thinks he has no effect on her. Yoon-bok goes to change to apologize formally, and proceeds to throw himself on the ground at her mercy. I am chuckling to myself as Hong-do gets all irritated and asks him “Are you crying?!” and demands he gets up. Yoon-bok runs off to fetch her a cane to discipline him with – and now I’m crying laughing haha.

Dare-to-love-me-0708-3.jpg

Hong-do baulks at this repayment method and asks him to grant her three wishes instead. Her first wish is for him to treat her rudely. To sit at a table with her, not walk behind her, and not to back away in the overly polite and awkward way he does. Yoon-bok is taking each term like a bullet to the chest he can’t believe his ears. It’s lovely to see this push and pull between them again this week.

Hong-do’s second wish is for them to go camping and for Yoon-bok to draw her. There’s a lot of uncomfortable close focusing and the Titanic flute music strikes again. After he does her portrait, Yoon-bok tells her he had fun and got to draw again because of her. This is such a sweet scene — it’s like they’re the only people there. And Hong-do using her wish to do something for Yoon-bok is just delightful.

Hong-do has acquired tickets to a webtoon festival and she wants to use this third wish as an excuse to take Yoon-bok. Unfortunately, on her way out she runs into an extremely distressed Yi-bok and ends up accompanying her to the hospital. Mum-bok has taken a turn for the worst. Mum obviously misses Yoon-bok terribly and asks Hong-do what Yoon-bok likes and it’s just adorable to see her enthusiastically telling them all about him.

So, instead of the festival, Hong-do texts Yoon-bok to meet her at the hospital, but he doesn’t know where he’s heading or why. When he arrives, he sees Hong-do with his mum and sister and stalks off without missing a beat. He is furious, sternly telling Hong-do she had no right to force him to come here when she doesn’t understand anything. He adds that she should stay out of his business from now on. I feel for Hong-do — she may have been wrong to mislead him, but she had the right intentions. Mum-bok is running out of time and he may regret not seeing her later on.

Hong-do does get to say her piece, though. She asks how long Yoon-bok is going to keep his guard up. Is he going to stay closed off for the rest of his life never letting anyone in? It’s a harsh truth, but someone needed to say it. Yoon-bok’s response is that he finds things easier this way. She asks him if it’s really that easy to ignore the people that love and worry about you, and says that no one can live completely alone. Although it’s hard, sometimes you have to worry, care, and try to understand each other. Isn’t that what happiness is all about?

But Yoon-bok challenges her, asking if being together really means being happy? To him, he has things to do, people to protect, and he can’t afford for his heart to waver. He cannot be tricked by the happiness of being together and neglect those things. Then he says he’s granted her three wishes, so she can leave him alone now. And once again poor Hong-do has to watch him walk away. It really is all or nothing with Yoon-bok; I’m really hoping we see him grow through this phase and start to accept not everything in the world is that cut and dry.

Our hero is struggling on his own. He is ignoring all calls from Hong-do, but does see a text from Yi-bok telling him that mum has very little time left. He goes over to the hospital to see his mum alone. Yoon-bok makes it clear how hurt he is that she avoided him, but he came to ask her why. Why did she abandon him? Does she know how much he waited for her? Yoon-bok makes it clear he has no intention of forgiving her and actually says “I’m abandoning you this time.” Poor mum (who is fake-sleeping) is shaking as a tear escapes her eyes; it’s just heart wrenching.

Shortly after, mum-bok passes away, and poor Yi-bok is distraught and all alone in the funeral hall, except for Hong-do. Yoon-bok — who received a notification call about his mother’s passing — arrives at the funeral hall to pay his respects and Yi-bok is pleased to see him. Of course, in true Yoon-bok style he pulls away from her and tells her he was merely fulfilling his last duty. Yi-bok asks him to wait as mum has left something for him. He begrudgingly takes the bundle and Yi-bok beseeches him to open it, not just discard it.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/dare-to-love-me-episodes-7-8/

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (June 8, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Dare to Love Me: I’m torn. I’m 75% fatigued by the paint-by-numbers K-drama we have on our hands here (and sorry that L’s character has gotten far less interesting than he was at the beginning), but 25% of me wants to pat the back of this drama that is happy to do its little thing and not mind the world around it. There are enough fun/cute moments to keep me watching, but really, I’m just waiting for the kiss. Hey, that’s one thing they’re doing originally: the Episode 8 ending was quite kissless.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-june-8-2024/

3 Points To Look Forward To In The Second Half Of “Dare To Love Me”

Jun 10, 2024
by E Ezeji

Dare to Love Me” has shared points to look forward to in its second half!

The upcoming ninth episode of the drama marks the beginning of its second half. Here are the key points viewers should pay attention to in the drama’s second half:

The direction of Shin Yoon Bok and Kim Hong Do’s relationship

Shin Yoon Bok is the only person who does not treat Kim Hong Do carelessly, and Kim Hong Do is someone who sees Shin Yoon Bok as he is. Amidst their growing affection and trust, their relationship hit its peak in the last broadcast.

Kim Hong Do offered an umbrella to Shin Yoon Bok, who was grieving in the rain over his mother’s death, and Shin Yoon Bok, who was comforted by Kim Hong Do, expressed his emotions with a back hug. Since Kim Hong Do already knew that she liked Shin Yoon Bok, viewers can’t help but wonder whether Shin Yoon Bok’s back hug will lead to them officially confirming their feelings for each other and starting a romantic relationship.

dare-to-love-me-1_28ded2.jpg

The identity of the cultural heritage thief

Viewers should look forward to finding out the real identity of the cultural heritage thief that Shin Yoon Bok is tracking. While chasing the thief, Shin Yoon Bok learned that the thief had a key chain belonging to his father, who died in the Seongsan Village fire. This inevitably raised suspicions about the connection between the thief and the Seongsan Village fire.

In addition, the Cultural Heritage Investigation Team of the National Police Agency, which was suspicious of Seongsankwan, a high-end traditional Korean food restaurant run by Lee Jun Ho (Park Eun Seok), began an undercover investigation into the restaurant, heightening anticipation for the second half of the drama, where the connection between the cultural heritage thief, the Seongsan village fire, and Seongsankwan will be revealed.

An engaging storyline

Additionally, the second half of the drama promises an engaging story ranging from romance to thriller, including the confrontation between Camille (Bae Jong Ok) and Shin Soo Geun (Sunwoo Jae Duk) over the Seongsan Village fashion show, Shin Yoon Bok’s rebellion against his grandfather Shin Soo Geun and his declaration to break away from tradition, and a life-changing event for Kim Hong Do.

dare-to-love-me-2_893b86.jpg

dare-to-love-me-3_f3d51f.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1667037wpp/3-points-to-look-forward-to-in-the-second-half-of-dare-to-love-me

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 9! :).

20240611013742_monday-ratings-0611.jpg?s

"Crash" Remains No. 1 Despite Small Dip In Ratings + "The Player 2: Master Of Swindlers" Follows Closely Behind

Episode 9 of KBS2’s “Dare to Love Me” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.0 percent, seeing a 0.1 percent dip from its previous episode’s rating of 1.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1667212wpp/crash-remains-no-1-despite-small-dip-in-ratings-the-player-2-master-of-swindlers-follows-closely-behind