[Current Drama 2024] Beauty and the Devoted, 미녀와 순정남 -Ji Hyun Woo & Im soo hyang - Sat&Sun

larus

beauty-and-mr-romantic-poster.jpeg

Drama:Beauty and the Devoted/ Beauty and Mr. Romantic

Hangul: 미녀와 순정남

Genre:romance, drama, family

Network:KBS2

Episodes: 50

Director: Hong Seok Goo

Writer: Kim Sa Kyung

Release Date:Mar 23, 2024 - Sep 8, 2024

Runtime: Saturday, Sunday

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Beauty and the Devoted will depict the love story of an actress who hit rock bottom overnight and a producer who's in love with her and helps her to rise once again.

Cast

Ji Hyun Woo as Go Pil sung

Im Soo Hyang as Park Do Ra

Go Yoon as Gong Jin Dan

Kim Shi Hoo as Soon Kyung Nam

Lee Chae Young as Gong Soon Nyeo

Lee Young Eun as

Han Soo Ah as Gong Mari

Posters

optimize

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

20230622052214_Ji-Hyun-Woo_Im-Soo-Hyang.Ji Hyun Woo And Im Soo Hyang In Talks For New Drama By “Young Lady And Gentleman” Writer

Jun 22, 2023
by S. Kim

Ji Hyun Woo and Im Soo Hyang might be starring in a new drama together!

On June 22, Xportsnews reported that Ji Hyun Woo and Im Soo Hyang each received an offer to star in KBS2’s upcoming drama “Beauty and the Devoted” (working title).

In response to the reports, Ji Hyun Woo’s agency Loyalty E&M and Im Soo Hyang’s agency FN Entertainment shared that the actors received offers to star in “Beauty and the Devoted” and are currently reviewing their offers.

A new project by writer Kim Sa Kyung of “Young Lady and Gentleman,” “Beauty and the Devoted” depicts the love story of an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and a producing director who brings her back up through love.

Ji Hyun Woo previously worked with writer Kim Sa Kyung in “Young Lady and Gentleman” which recorded a peak viewership rating of 38.2 percent. Through this drama, the actor won the Grand Prize along with Best Couple at the 2021 KBS Drama Awards.

Im Soo Hyang also worked with writer Kim Sa Kyung in “Blow Breeze” after she took over the role initially portrayed by actress Oh Ji Eun, who had to step down from the drama due to an injury.

“Beauty and the Devoted” is scheduled to premiere in the first half of 2024 as the follow-up to “Hyo Shim’s Independent Life” (literal title) which is scheduled to premiere in September 2023.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1595633wpp/ji-hyun-woo-and-im-soo-hyang-in-talks-for-new-drama-by-young-lady-and-gentleman-writer

Im Soo Hyang and Ji Hyun Woo are confirmed to lead the new K-drama "Beauty and the Devoted"

by lo_ve, February 1, 2024
0 1

Im Soo Hyang and Ji Hyun Woo are confirmed to lead the upcoming KBS weekend K-drama Beauty and the Devoted

On February 1, it was officially confirmed that Im Soo Hyang and Ji Hyun Woo are the next KBS K-drama couple. Last June 2023, the first report about their casting was revealed and almost six months later, it was officially confirmed. 

Im Soo Hyang and Ji Hyun Woo will be working with director Hong Seok Goo (Girls' Generation 1979) and writer Kim Sa Kyung (Young Lady and Gentleman). This will also be the next project of the director and writer since My Only One.

Beauty and the Devoted will depict the love story of an actress who hit rock bottom overnight and a producer who's in love with her and helps her to rise once again.

Im Soo Hyang will give life to the role of Park Do Ra. She worked hard to build her filmography since she was a child actress under the supervision of her mother. She has been working for 15 years as an actress and has become the breadwinner of her family. However, she is getting exhausted from living a machine-like life with her mother's supervision. As he meets the youngest director on the set of a K-drama, Go Pil Sung, she will experience unexpected things in her life. 

Ji Hyun Woo will portray the role of Go Pil Sung. He is a first-time drama producer who has a strong will to be successful. He doesn't mind flattering and sucking up to people as needed. Dating and falling in love is not his priority but after meeting actress Park Do Ra through the drama he's in charge of, he will get involved in a confusing incident.

Beauty and the Devoted will premiere this March. It will replace Live Your Own Life starring Uee and Ha Joon after it concludes. 

d0vBEA_2f.jpg

This will be the first project of Im Soo Hyang for 2024. Last year, she led the K-drama Kokdu: Season of Deity with Kim Jung Hyun, Kim Da Som, Ahn Woo Yeon, Cha Chung Hwa, and Kim In Kwon.

On the other hand, this will be the official grand comeback of Ji Hyun Woo to K-dramas after almost three years. This will also be his reunion with writer Kim Sa Kyung. They worked together previously in the 2021 K-drama  Young Lady and Gentleman with Lee Se Hee, Park Ha Na, Kang Eun Tak, Lee Jong Won, and Oh Hyun Kyung.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/im-soo-hyang-and-ji-hyun-woo-are-confirmed-to-lead-the-new-k-drama-beauty-and-the-devoted

• Like 1

20240201020708_im-soo-hyang-ji-hyun-woo.

Im Soo Hyang And Ji Hyun Woo Confirmed For New Weekend Drama By “Young Lady And Gentleman” Writer

Feb 1, 2024
by S. Nam

Im Soo Hyang and Ji Hyun Woo will be starring in a new drama together!

On February 1, KBS2’s upcoming weekend drama “Beauty and the Devoted” (working title) confirmed that Im Soo Hyang and Ji Hyun Woo will be starring in the drama.

“Beauty and the Devoted” depicts the love story of an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and a producing director who brings her back up through love.

The new project will mark the latest drama by the writer of “Young Lady and Gentlemen,” “My Only One,” and “Windy Mi Poong,” and director Hong Suk Gu of “Homemade Love Story,” “My Only One,” and “Girls’ Generation 1979.” This will be their second collaboration together following “My Only One.”

Im Soo Hyang will be playing the role of top actress Park Do Ra who overcame many hardships to build her filmography since when she was young and led by her mom to become a child actress. Having worked as an actress for 15 years, Park Do Ra is a figure who took care of her family as the head of the household. However, while exhausted by living a life of making money like a machine at her mother’s continued requests, she meets the youngest assistant director Go Pil Seung at a drama set and faces unexpected events in life.

Ji Hyun Woo will be playing drama PD Go Pil Seung who harbors ambitious dreams to succeed. Strong-minded and unashamed, he also doesn’t mind brazenly sucking up to people. Love and dating were not in the forefront of Go Pil Seung’s life, but after becoming intertwined with Park Do Ra on the set of a drama he is in charge of, he becomes intertwined in confusing situations. Having won the Grand Prize along with Best Couple at the 2021 KBS Drama Awards for “Young Lady and Gentleman,” viewers are highly anticipating his next transformation.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1640330wpp/im-soo-hyang-and-ji-hyun-woo-confirmed-for-new-weekend-drama-by-young-lady-and-gentleman-writer

• Like 1

News bites: February 3, 2024

by tccolb

optimize

Over on KBS, preparations are underway for the next weekender Beauty and the Devoted, with Im Soo-hyang (Kokdu: Season of Deity) and Ji Hyun-woo (Young Lady and Gentleman) headlining the family drama. Slated to premiere this March following Live Your Own Life, production is being led by the My Only One duo, PD Hong Seok-gu (Oh! Samkwang Villa) and writer Kim Sa-kyung (Young Lady and Gentleman) – who also reunites with Ji on this new series. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/news-bites-february-3-2024/

News bites: February 6, 2024

by tccolb

202402051348779884_65c0689f0b614.jpg

KBS announced the supporting cast for the next weekender Beauty and the Devoted, lining up experienced mainstays Cha Hwa-yeon (Divorce Attorney Shin), Lee Il-hwa (Eve), and Yoon Yoo-sun (Flex x Cop) among other talents, in addition to a special cameo by Park Geun-hyung (The Good Detective 2). With Im Soo-hyang (Kokdu: Season of Deity) and Ji Hyun-woo (Young Lady and Gentleman) leading the lineup, the family drama launches in March. [Osen]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/news-bites-february-6-2024/

20240206120441_beauty-and-the-devoted-suIm Soo Hyang And Ji Hyun Woo’s New Drama Confirms Supporting Cast

Feb 6, 2024

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Beauty and the Devoted” (literal translation) has confirmed its supporting cast lineup!

“Beauty and the Devoted” will tell the love story of an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and a producing director who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Im Soo Hyang will be playing the role of top actress Park Do Ra, who overcame many hardships to build her filmography ever since she was young and led by her mom to become a child actress. Having worked as an actress for 15 years, Park Do Ra is someone who has taken care of her family as the head of the household. While exhausted by her life of making money like a machine at her mother’s continued requests, she meets the youngest assistant director Go Pil Seung at a drama set and faces unexpected events in her life.

Ji Hyun Woo will be playing drama PD Go Pil Seung, who harbors ambitious dreams of success. Strong-minded and unashamed, he doesn’t mind brazenly sucking up to people. Love and dating were not in the forefront of Go Pil Seung’s life, but after becoming intertwined with Park Do Ra on the set of a drama, he becomes swept up in confusing situations.

Cha Hwa Yeon will star as Park Do Ra’s mother Baek Mi Ja. After her husband suddenly dies in a hit-and-run accident, Baek Mi Ja’s life becomes a living hell. However, her life is turned around when her daughter Do Ra becomes a star overnight.

Park Sang Won will play Gong Jin Taek, the chairman of APP Group, and Lee Il Hwa will play Jang Soo Yeon, Gong Jin Taek’s wife and Kim Sun Young (Yoon Yoo Sun)’s high school classmate. Gong Jin Taek, who has a neat and rational personality, exudes charisma at work, but at home, he is a loving father who dotes on his daughter. While studying in the United States, Jang Soo Yeon visited Korea and entered into a marriage arranged by her parents.

Jung Jae Soon will play Gong Jin Taek’s aunt, Gong Dae Sook. She is the only elderly person left in the Gong family and is worried about the future of the family. Meanwhile, Im Ye Jin will star as Go Pil Seung’s grandmother and Kim Sun Young’s mother-in-law, So Geum Ja.

beauty-and-the-devoted-1.jpg

Lee Doo Il and Yoon Yoo Sun will play Pil Seung’s father, Go Hyun Chul, and mother, Kim Sun Young, respectively. Go Hyun Chul is a good father to Pil Seung, but he quits his job and fails at every business he tries, which upsets his wife. Kim Sun Young is a tough yet cheerful and loving character who urges her son Pil Seung to be careful with women.

Kim Hye Sun will play Hong Ae Gyo, Gong Jin Taek’s mistress and the mother of Gong Jin Dan. After moving into the Gong family mansion, Hong Ae Gyo, who is resented by the Gong family, struggles tirelessly to make her son Jin Dan the chairman of the APP group.

Park Geun Hyung will portray Pil Seung’s maternal grandfather and Sun Young’s father, Kim Joon Seop. He raised Sun Young alone after his wife passed away, and after retiring as a principal, he starts living in Sun Young’s house.

“Beauty and the Devoted” will premiere in March 2024.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641391wpp/im-soo-hyang-and-ji-hyun-woos-new-drama-confirms-supporting-cast

• Like 1

[Exclusive] Han Su-ah “My goal is to complete my next work ‘Beauty and the Pure Boy’ well, I don’t want to look funny” [Hanbok Interview]

HLOT2ZU2TIJMONJ3TEGXSYTZXY.jpg

In a recent interview with OSEN, actor Han Soo-ah revealed her goals as an actor in 2024 and her attitude towards her next film.

Han Soo-ah will be starring in KBS 2TV's "Beauty and the Devoted," her first weekend drama. "Beauty and the Devoted" (written by Kim Sa Kyung, directed by Hong Seok Goo, and produced by Lamont Raine) is a romantic coming-of-age drama about a top actress who falls to the bottom overnight and a novice drama PD who loves her and builds her up again.

In the drama, Han Soo Ah plays the role of Gong Mari. Gong-mari has the intelligence and thinking ability of a 12-year-old due to a car accident, but she is always sunny and pure. She is in love with Pil-seung (Ji Hyun-woo) and will showcase her straightforward charm.

Speaking about his goals for this year, Han Soo Ah said, "I think my immediate goal is to successfully complete the mission of my next film, 'Beauty and the Pure Man,' which I am entering now. It's a drama that requires me to take a long breath, so I want to finish it safely and without getting injured."

"I'm playing a character with a mental age of 12 in this drama. I have to act with the mental age of an elementary school student. So, I didn't want to act funny, and I talked to the director a lot about it," she explained.

Han Su-ah said, “I think I analyzed the character more than any other work because I thought that it would be derived from the fact that it is not just 12 years old, but how it came to be, what the character’s deficiencies are, and what it wants.” She added, “Starting from why I said this line. “It’s a character I’ve put a lot of thought into on how to express it, but I haven’t filmed it for the first time yet, so I hope you’ll keep an eye on how it comes out.”

Meanwhile, Han Su-ah debuted in the 2020 movie 'Run Boy Run' and appeared in SBS's 'Penthouse', KBS' 'Blue Spring from a Distance', web dramas 'I Want to Do Well', 'I Wish the Earth Destroyed Tomorrow', and 'Part-Time Melodrama'. ', 'Cheer Up', and 'Shoot Me', she attracted attention with her stable acting skills and attractive mask.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/enter_general/2024/02/09/FROBTR3KTZD7P25LWUCLSVEJ4A/

Kim Da-hyun participates in singing the ‘Beauty and the Pure Man’ OST… First OST since debut

news_1707285227_1326363_m_1.jpeg

On the 7th, Hyun Company, her agency, announced that Kim Da-hyun was selected as the OST singer for the KBS2 weekend drama ‘Beauty and the Pure Man’ to be aired in March and recently completed recording.

Her agency said, “As a reward for the fans who have always supported Dahyun Kim and unwaveringly cheered her on, Dahyun Kim herself actively participated in singing her OST. “We will be able to show Kim Da-hyun’s charm through more diverse activities and performances.”

Meanwhile, Dahyun Kim selected 'Brush' in the battle for first place in the first round of the finals on the 11th episode of MBN's 'King of Active Singers', which aired on the 6th.

Kim Da-hyun, who has recorded a total of 10 million views as the ‘active king of singers’ after exceeding 1 million views in the shortest period of time with ‘A Piece of Cloud Laying Down Long after Time’ and ‘Sound the Wind Music’, which was performed on stage in the last episode, said the reason for choosing Korean traditional music trot that day was “I I learned Korean traditional music from the age of four. Korean traditional music trot is my background. “Now I will sing with a more mature voice,” she explained.

Kim Da-hyun, who recorded a combined score of 754 points from the celebrity judges and the national judges, placed 5th in the first round of the finals and promised to do well in the second round on the 13th.

https://dailian.co.kr/news/view/1326363

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!:fullofhearts:

New Event Alert!:piggydance:

This Valentine's Day Vote for the Perfect Namja Chingus from K-Dramas :Pandabulous:

We are  back with another event. This is all about dreamy namja chingus from K-dramas. :machocat:

Please vote for your most perfect namja chingu from K-drama and do let us know why he is your favourite or rather what about his character that appealed to you. :letsgo:

re: Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl

by lo_ve, February 12, 2024

KBS announced the lineup of actors joining the upcoming weekend K-drama Beauty and the Devoted.

On February 12, it was officially confirmed that Cha Hwa Yun, Park Sang Won, Lee Il Hwa, Jung Jae Soon, Im Ye Jin, Lee Doo Il, Yoon Yoo Seon, Kim Hye Sun, and Park Geun Hyung will be part of the upcoming family romance K-drama Beauty and the Devoted

Beauty and the Devoted will tell the story of a top actress who hits rock bottom overnight and a producer who has feelings for her and helps her to rise once again.

It will be led by Ji Hyun Woo and Im Soo Hyang who will play the role of producer and the top actress characters respectively. 

The K-drama will be the second project together of director Hong Seok Goo (Girls' Generation 1979) and writer Kim Sa Kyung (Young Lady and Gentleman). The two previously worked together for the series My Only One.

Beauty and the Devoted will air its first episode this coming March. It will replace Live Your Own Life starring Uee and Ha Joon after it concludes. 

rN04Wm_2f.png

Cha Hwa Yun will portray the role of Im Soo Hyang's character's mother Baek Mi Ja. She lived an awful life after her husband suddenly died in a hit-and-run accident. However, after Im Soo Hyang's character Park Do Ra becomes successful, her life also has a turnaround. Her character will showcase how money can change someone's life and relationship with her daughter. 

Park Sang Won will portray the role of Gong Jin Taek. He is the chairman of APP Group. Lee Il Hwa will be Jang Soo Yeon, the wife of Gong Jin Taek. Gong Jin Taek is charismatic a work but he is a loving husband and father at home. Jang Soo Yeon married Gong Jin Taek through the arrangement of their families. The two are forced to be together through ups and downs for the sake of their daughter.

Jung Jae Soon will portray the role of Gong Hak Sook, the aunt of Gong Jin Taek. She is the only adult left in the clan and worries about the future of their family. 

Im Ye Jin will be the grandmother of Ji Hyun Woo's character Go Pil Sung named So Geum Ja. She will showcase the true face of a mother-in-law to Yoon Yoo Seon's character. Lee Doo Il and Yoon Yoo Seon will transform into Go Hyun Chul and Kim Sun Young, the parents of Go Pil Sung. Go Hyun Chul is a great father to Go Pil Sung but he always fails in every business he tries. Meanwhile, Kim Sun Young is a tough and bright person who tells his son to be aware of women.

Kim Hye Sun will portray the role of Hong Ae Hwa, the mistress of Gong Jin Taek's father. She will enter the Gong family and will make his son part of the APP Group.

Lastly, Park Geun Hyung will portray the role of Kim Joon Seop. He is the father of Yoon Yoo Seok's character Kim Sun Young and the grandfather of the main lead Go Pil Sung, Ji Hyun Woo's character. He raised Kim Sun Young alone as his wife passed away at an early age. He will live with the Go family after retiring as a principal of a school.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/upcoming-weekend-k-drama-beauty-and-the-devoted-confirms-its-supporting-casts

Ji Hyun-woo cheers Im Soo-hyang on in Beauty and the Devoted

by solstices

542977_681983_2716.jpg

Script reading stills are out for the upcoming KBS weekender Beauty and the Devoted, which paints a fairytale romance between a disgraced top star and her most ardent supporter. As she rebuilds her life, our heroine will experience significant growth and forge a new outlook on life.

Said celebrity is the famous actress Park Do-ra, played by Im Soo-hyang (Kokdu: Season of Deity). Having built her way up since her debut as a child star a decade and a half ago, Do-ra is beloved by the masses and the breadwinner of her family. However, the constant pressure from her mother, who’d been the impetus behind her initial foray into the ruthless entertainment industry, leaves Do-ra disillusioned and drained. Tired of toiling through the days as a money-making machine, Do-ra eventually falls from grace.

Luckily for Do-ra, Ji Hyun-woo (Young Lady and Gentleman) is there to catch her. As the maknae assistant director Go Pil-seung, he harbors ambitious dreams and fervent passion, but his experience pales in comparison. When he meets Do-ra on a filming set, unexpected developments arise. Whether it’s love at first sight — or whether it’s an gradual burgeoning of unintended feelings — has yet to be revealed, but either way, Pil-seung is about to become her number one fan.

Pil-seung’s character is also listed under the name “Go Dae-chung,” which makes me snicker, because it implies he changed his name from “average” to “sure-win.” Indeed, his new moniker is an apt one — not only will he support Do-ra through her crisis, but he’ll also help her turn her life around. Will our pure-hearted man be able to win over his damsel in distress, or will his rose wither away in its glass dome?

Rounding out our sprawling cast, we also have Cha Hwa-yeon (Divorce Attorney Shin), Park Sang-won (It’s Beautiful Now), and Lee Il-hwa (Eve), just to name a few. The familial relationships are extensive and mighty complicated, so here’s hoping the drama remains lighthearted and makjang-free.

Brought to us by the team behind My Only One, namely PD Hong Seok-gu (Homemade Love Story) and writer Kim Sa-kyung (Young Lady and Gentleman), Beauty and the Devoted is slated to premiere on March 23.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/ji-hyun-woo-cheers-im-soo-hyang-on-in-beauty-and-the-devoted/

20240219084128_ji-hyun-woo-3-1.jpeg?s=90

Ji Hyun Woo Is A Passionate Rookie Director In “Beauty And Mr. Romantic”

Feb 19, 2024
by S. Nam

KBS2’s new weekend drama “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” has unveiled its first stills of Ji Hyun Woo!

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” will tell the love story of an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and a producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Im Soo Hyang will be playing top actress Park Do Ra, who overcame many hardships to build her filmography ever since she was young. Ji Hyun Woo will be playing drama PD Go Pil Seung, who harbors ambitious dreams of success.

Go Pil Seung is strong-minded and unashamed, so he doesn’t mind brazenly sucking up to people and is passionate to that extent about work. Love and dating were not in the forefront of Go Pil Seung’s life, but after becoming intertwined with Park Do Ra on the set of a drama, he becomes swept up in confusing situations.

The newly released stills depict Ji Hyun Woo’s complete transformation into PD Go Pil Seung. With his curly new hairstyle and casual attire in jackets and jeans, Go Pil Seung exudes comfortable and friendly vibes. The production team also praised Ji Hyun Woo for his acting, raising anticipation for how Ji Hyun Woo will complete his character.

ji-hyun-woo-1.jpeg

Spoiler

ji-hyun-woo-2.jpeg

ji-hyun-woo-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643408wpp/ji-hyun-woo-is-a-passionate-rookie-director-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic

Watch: Lee Seol Ah As Im Soo Hyang’s Younger Counterpart Meets Her Prince Charming In “Beauty And Mr. Romantic” Teaser

Watch: Lee Seol Ah As Im Soo Hyang’s Younger Counterpart Meets Her Prince Charming In “Beauty And Mr. Romantic” Teaser

KBS2’s upcoming weekend drama “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” has unveiled a new teaser!

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” will tell the love story of an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and a producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Im Soo Hyang will be playing top actress Park Do Ra, who overcame many hardships to build her filmography ever since she was young. Ji Hyun Woo will be playing drama PD Go Pil Seung, who harbors ambitious dreams of success.

The newly released teaser depicts a young Park Do Ra (Lee Seol Ah) singing and dancing to Kim Wan Sun’s “It’s a Good Day.” However, while singing, Park Do Ra suddenly trips and falls, and the teaser flashes back to difficult moments from her life.

While grasping her head in pain and fear, a mysterious figure slowly approaches her while shrouded in light. As Park Do Ra remarks, “When I was so scared that I wondered if I could stand back up again…,” a young Go Pil Seung (Moon Sung Hyun) approaches her to help by reaching out his hand. Park Do Ra states, “[This is] a story about Mr. Romantic who reached out to me.”

Check out the full teaser below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBLWh-BoMZA

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643888wpp/watch-lee-seol-ah-as-im-soo-hyangs-younger-counterpart-meets-her-prince-charming-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic-teaser

February 21 2024

First teaser trailer for KBS2 drama “Beauty and the Devoted”

Beauty_and_the_Devoted-teaserSM2.jpeg

First teaser trailer for KBS2 drama series “Beauty and the Devoted” (literal title) starring Ji Hyun-Woo and Lim Soo-Hyang. The teaser trailer features child actress Lee Seol-A who plays lead female character Park Do-Ra (Lim Soo-Hyang) when she was a child. As she sings on stage and then falls down, Lim Soo-Hyang’s voice appears and she states “This is a pure love story. When I am so scared that I wonder if I can stand up again, he holds his hands out to me.” That “he” in the trailer is teen actor Moon Sung-Hyun who plays lead male character Go Pil-Seung (Ji Hyun-Woo) as a teen.

“Beauty and the Devoted” is now scheduled to first air March 23, 2024 in South Korea (takes over KBS2’s Saturday and Sunday 7:55 PM time slot after “Live Your Own Life“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Park Do-Ra (Lim Soo-Hyang) is an A-list actress, but a case causes her to fall to the bottom. Go Pil-Seung (Ji Hyun-Woo) is a rookie drama series PD. He falls in love with Park Do-Ra and he tries to bring her back to the top.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-kbs2-drama-beauty-and-the-devoted

News bites: February 20, 2024

by tccolb

ab9eaee0-b9d3-4516-8dc3-938b76cdf897.jpg

Also preparing for a March release, KBS’s next weekender Beauty and the Pure Guy (previously Beauty and the Devoted) came out with new stills, where we get our first peek at Ji Hyun-woo (Young Lady and Gentleman) and family. Along with costar Im Soo-hyang (Kokdu: Season of Deity), the series has PD Hong Seok-gu (My Only One) at the helm with writing by Kim Sa-kyung (Young Lady and Gentleman). [MBC (1), (2)]

8053cdcb-36d8-47b3-9fb5-2a0e5a7cd5cc.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/news-bites-february-20-2024/

News bites: February 24, 2024

by tccolb

123630490.1.jpg

KBS’s Beauty and the Pure Guy released a new poster and video teaser, giving us a peek into what will hopefully be a warm and fuzzy childhood arc. With Lee Seol-ah (Welcome to Samdal-ri) and Moon Sung-hyun (My Dearest) as the younger versions of Im Soo-hyang (Kokdu: Season of Deity) and Ji Hyun-woo (Young Lady and Gentleman) respectively, the weekender is set to premiere on March 23. [News1, Sports Donga]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/news-bites-february-24-2024/

Spoiler

Im Soo Hyang Is A Top Actress Worn Out From Juggling Family Responsibilities In “Beauty And Mr. Romantic”

Im Soo Hyang Is A Top Actress Worn Out From Juggling Family Responsibilities In “Beauty And Mr. Romantic”

KBS2’s new weekend drama “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” has unveiled its first stills of Im Soo Hyang!

Im Soo Hyang will be playing top actress Park Do Ra, who overcame many hardships to build her filmography ever since she was young. Ji Hyun Woo will be playing drama PD Go Pil Seung, who harbors ambitious dreams of success.

Park Do Ra, who has been the main breadwinner of the family for 15 years while working as an actress, finds herself drained and worn out, feeling like nothing more than a money-making machine under her mother’s relentless pressure. The drama will explore whether she can carve out her own path to happiness and love amidst the suffocating weight of her mother’s overpowering ambitions.

Im-Soo-Hyang-Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic-2.j

In the newly released stills, Park Do Ra exudes a chic and confident aura befitting her status as a top-tier star. Her mere presence commands attention, shedding light on the realities of life as a renowned celebrity. Anticipation mounts as viewers await how the drama will portray the hidden facets of Park Do Ra behind her glamorous life.

Im-Soo-Hyang-Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic.jpe

Im-Soo-Hyang-Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic-1.j

The production team of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” expressed, “Im Soo Hyang is an irresistible actress with mesmerizing charm. With her impeccable synchronization [with her character] and meticulous acting, she creates a fantastic synergy. Please look forward to her remarkable performance.”

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” will premiere on March 23 following the conclusion of “Live Your Own Life.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1644871wpp/im-soo-hyang-is-a-top-actress-worn-out-from-juggling-family-responsibilities-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic

Ji Hyun Woo And Im Soo Hyang Rebuild Their Relationship In Upcoming Drama “Beauty And Mr. Romantic”

Ji Hyun Woo And Im Soo Hyang Rebuild Their Relationship In Upcoming Drama “Beauty And Mr. Romantic”

KBS2’s new Saturday-Sunday drama “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” has dropped a new poster!

Im Soo Hyang plays top actress Park Do Ra who overcame many hardships to build her filmography ever since she was young while Ji Hyun Woo takes on the role of PD Go Pil Seung who harbors ambitious dreams of success.

The newly released poster captures Park Do Ra with her arm around Go Pil Seung’s shoulder as they showcase beautiful smiles. They are each holding a photo of themselves from their childhood (played by Moon Sang Hyun and Lee Seol Ah), foreshadowing a change in their fated relationship that was once broken in the past.

beauty-and-mr.-romantic.jpeg

The production team remarked, “The sight of the two main characters in the poster shows a relationship in which Pil Seung is swayed by top star Do Ra. The torn photo suggests at the relationship between the two that was broken for a while, and their efforts to put [the photos] together signify the pure love between the two, who try to overcome a harsh fate and protect their love. Please show lots of interest in the romance between the two, whose chemistry shines brighter than ever before.”

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” is set to premiere on March 23 at 7:55 p.m. KST as the follow up to “Live Your Own Life.” Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1645641wpp/ji-hyun-woo-and-im-soo-hyang-rebuild-their-relationship-in-upcoming-drama-beauty-and-mr-romantic

• Like 1