Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Wild Romance' Begins Amid High Expectations for Romantic Comedy

The new KBS2 Wednesday-Thursday drama "Wild Romance" has raised its curtains on January 4. The romantic comedy revolves around a wild baseball player and a woman who hates him but ends up working as his bodyguard. Lee Dong-wook plays the baseball player Park Mu-yeol and Lee Si-young his opposite, Yu Eun-jae.

The first episode successfully lived up to expectations for the romantic comedy with the two protagonists encountering accidentally and then fighting like cats and dogs.

1266_3330_l.jpg

A typical incident was where Eun-jae, despite being his bodyguard, spares herself from being hit by an egg a detractor of Mu-yeol throws at him, which in turn hits Mu-yeol. To get even, Mu-yeol takes Eun-jae jogging and runs without pausing to give her a hard time. But Eun-jae does not want to cave in and runs without giving up, and the two end up running a marathon.

But there were some noticeable drawbacks. Excessive computer graphic effects were distracting, and the plot was not well-structured as it tried to establish characters and present foreshadowing from the opening.

The drama garnered ratings of a mere 7.2 percent, coming last among the shows in the same time slot, leaving it a long way to go.

Writer: KBS Report

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBS Media - Illegal reproduction & distribution is banned.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/BehindtheDrama/view.html?No=1266

Guest noopie_1

Lee Dong Wook me2day message 09.01.2012

李东旭蜜兔(简翻):不到最后一刻 都不是结束 现在只是第一周 为了那些爱我的观众们 我会坚持到最后的。谢谢那些比我还担心比我还觉得惋惜的粉丝们。但是我不会那样子疲惫或者垂头丧气的~拍摄场地非常开心,很有趣~不用太为我担心!现在在 这个位子上演戏本身就是一件幸福的事情~慢慢的都忘记了寒冷

This isn't the end until the very last moment. Now is just the first week, for those audience that loves me I will persist still the end. Thanks to those fans who feel worry and sorry more than I do. But I will not be depress or tired anymore~filming site is very enjoyable, very interesting~ doesn't need to worry for me too much! Acting in this position now is a blessing thing~slowly forgetting about the cold weather.  (noopie: a big thanks to leerui, thank you rui! :wub:)

actor_wook_1326104693_82742.jpg?type=w500

I'm glad that wookie sounds positive! He knows that all of us worry about him. Yes, wookie, “It ain't over till it's over.” yet! We will follow you til the end of episodes! WILD ROMANCE, FIGHTING!!!!

thanks noopie for posting the transIation and thanks to Ierui..

yeah thats the way to go wookie... no need to worry about something you cant controI, just do your best.

Iike I said in SOAW thread wookie was never bothered about the ratings in the past before SOAW, because of the subject matter of SOAW and KSA SOAW did good at ratings which it reaIIy deserved..

I guess since WR is competing against MoonSun and the fact its a type of a comedy that not accepted by the majority and I think there are few dramas on cabIe as weII..

WeII no worries, my wish is for wookie to give his best..the rest wiII faII in pIace

thanks noopie for posting the translation on wookie's message....so happy to read that he enjoying the filming and stays positive.... and he's right its not the end yet....WR & LDW Fighting !! hahaha i actually rewatched some of the scenes in ep1 & 2 and still laughed so hard... :lol:

Woman Bodyguard Dresses Up in Red in ‘Wild Romance’

A boyish woman bodyguard had to dress up in red because she lost a bet with the baseball player she is working for in the new KBS2 drama “Wild Romance.”

On the January 5 episode, Yu Eun-jae (Lee Si-young) assures Park Mu-yeol (Lee Dong-wook) that she will protect him no matter what after a poisonous drink is found to have been sent to Mu-yeol.

1269_3336_l.jpg

But Mu-yeol just laughs at her and tells her he does not need her help because he is not afraid of such things as a proud batter who does not even blink at a baseball flying at high speed.

Upset by his remarks, Eun-jae makes a bet with him -- the one who fails to hit a ball and gets three strikes will have to wear a feminine dress. But Eun-jae is stunned at the speed of the ball. Then Jin Dong-su (Oh Man-seok), Mu-yeol’s fellow catcher, tries to help her by giving her a tip. He tells her to make the ball dead on purpose, and she does so by turning her back against the ball.

But Kim Tae-han (Kang Dong-ho), a management staff member of the team who serves as a referee at the request of Mu-yeo, declares it a strike as Eun-jae has turned her body when the ball has already reached the strike zone.

Eun-jae pleads with Mu-yeol to give her a break, but to no avail, and ends up wearing a red dress and going to the team’s New Year party.

Writer: KBS Report

http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/BehindtheDrama/view.html?No=1269

Thank you everyone for the update!

I remember wookie mentioned that he wonders if the viewer will like the joke in wild romance.

It's whether they like it or don't.

Like dramabeans (one n only recap for wild romance), i agree wt her some part, for ex: the visual gags and audio. Maybe the producer can lessen little bit.

But, well, let's see tomorrow. It's only beginning, not the end:) fighting, wookie!

Guest incarnadine

your avatar/profile image looks amazing, cattsumori! Park Mu Yeol :wub:

I have decided to stay positive, like Wookie. Even though it may not being doing well in the ratings and even though it may not be everyone's cup of tea (there's only been 2 episodes, anyway), it warms my heart to see positive feedback on Wild Romance. I'll just continue to enjoy it :) Episode 3 today!!!

Guest missy_k

I just want to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 eps of WR. I think Wookie really delivers, he really has a knack for comedic role.

I definitely will stick with this drama.

WR and PMY fighting!!!!

"Wild Romance" Lee Dong-wook quarrels with Lee Si-yeong

1326291368480.jpg

Lee Dong-wook and Lee Si-yeong quarreled.

On the third episode of KBS 2TV drama "Wild Romance" on January 11th, Moo-yeol (Lee Dong-wook) quarreled with his bodyguard Eun-jae (Lee Si-yeong).

While they were in the car, they got to talk about an incident involving a rival fan and a flask.

This was because Eun-jae asked Moo-yeol if there was any girl he had betrayed, shoving in his face the letter sent by the criminal who put methanol in the flask he drank from.

He said there wasn't anyone like that but he knew someone who was weird and with many problems, and that was Eun-jae.

She looked at him with fierce eyes and he told her, "You are not a woman to me. Or did you want me to see you as one?" and started laughing.

Meanwhile, Eun-jae suspected Moo-yeol and Dong-soo's (Oh Man-seok) wife Soo-yeong (Hwang Seon-hee) to be having an affair.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Guest noopie_1

Just by looking lee dong wook acting as park mu yeol make me laugh and happy! He laughed alot, also his facial expression is so funny and comical.

I super super love it! I watched WR without sub, so I don't know what is joke about, but I already laughed like mad. I will do WR marathon this weekend!

Lee dong wook, park mu yeol, Red Dreamers No.10, FIGHTING!!! :wub:

Just by looking lee dong wook acting as park mu yeol make me laugh and happy! He laughed alot, also his facial expression is so funny and comical.

I super super love it! I watched WR without sub, so I don't know what is joke about, but I already laughed like mad. I will do WR marathon this weekend!

Lee dong wook, park mu yeol, Red Dreamers No.10, FIGHTING!!! :wub:

Hi noopie, I do agree with you because I feel the same thing as you do. This drama is actually pretty fun. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...new here...

Loved wookie in My Girl and when I started watching WR i never thought that this show will be so  much fun. Wookie is  just perfect as MY here and all his funny expressions and reactions to EJ's antics are superbbbbbb.....

Wookie + LSY = WR..............Mindblowing Drama.....

I am also a first timer here. Have watched Wookie only in 'My Girl' n 'Perfect Couple' where I loved him. Glad he did WR and I am really enjoying how he has nailed the brattiness of the character as well as the deep down vulnerability of Mu Yeol.

tumblr_ly7vf7aSsm1qee9xeo1_500.giftumblr_ly7vf7aSsm1qee9xeo2_500.gif

Cre: okyanusss, tumblr

Wookie and WR fighting!

***Lee Dong Wook looks so tired. He looks like he just woke up! Still, he's sexy in my eyes. :lol:

Jessica and Lee Dong Wook take an on-set snapshot for ‘Wild Romance’

0090002624227_0.jpg

Girls’ Generation‘s Jessica and actor Lee Dong Wook have shared this sweet snapshot from their drama shoot!

Released on January 24th, the caption attached to the photo read: “Jessica will appear as Lee Dong Wook’s ex-girlfriend in ‘Wild Romance’. This is [from] today’s shoot.”

Ever the camera whiz, Jessica whips out a cute yet relaxed pose while her co-star Lee Dong Wook looks like he was caught a little off-guard.

Netizens commented on the ‘couple’ with, “The two look really good together” and “Can’t wait to see how ‘Eun Jae’ [Lee Si Young] reacts!”

Make sure to catch Jessica’s drama debut on January 25th’s episode of KBS‘s ’Wild Romance‘!

Source: Star Today via Nate / allkpop

January 25, 2012

‘Wild Romance’ Gains Support of Loyal Fans Despite Dismal Ratings

The latest KBS2 Wednesday-Thursday drama “Wild Romance” is receiving a “wild” response from loyal fans despite the fact that it is recording disappointing ratings.

The drama board is filled with messages supporting the show and its writer, Park Yeon-seon. One said, “I am so sorry that I belatedly found this engaging show,” while another said, “Writer Park Yeon-seon has lived up to her reputation with the plausible storyline and multi-dimensional characters.” Another message read, “It’s a story about people who struggle to realize their dreams, not just a simple romantic comedy.”

1287_3378_l.jpg

The drama has garnered meager ratings of less than 10 percent since it began airing on January 19, but most viewers say the ratings do not mean anything. The romantic comedy revolves around wild baseball player Park Mu-yeol (Lee Dong-wook) and his female bodyguard Yoo Eun-jae (Lee Si-young), a former judo athlete.

When it first opened, it was criticized for erratic editing, excessive sound effects and an implausible storyline, but those criticisms have subsided as it has since succeeded in building up tension and excitement with dynamic characters and mysterious events.

Scriptwriter Park is well-known for her skillful manipulation of comic and serious elements and insightful lines, and it is the case with her latest work.

Some lines said to have struck a chord with viewers include “Baseball can save people,” “What matters is whether you can believe in yourself or not,” and, “We all have a little child inside.”

Meanwhile, the sixth episode of “Wild Romance” on January 19 posted viewer ratings of 6.4 percent, up from 5.7 percent for the previous episode, ranking last among shows in the same time slot.

Writer: TV Report

http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/BehindtheDrama/view.html?No=1287

Guest love.peace.happiness.

hello all Wookie lovers,

this man just got better after the military..the shower scene in SOAW and all the shower and topless scenes in WR are to die for..i have been a fan of his since his 'My Girl' days and i am so happy for him that the fans are embracing him and his new drama..don't let the ratings get you down..the drama is funny and witty and his acting is superb..*fighting!!*