[Drama 2024] Love Next Door/Mom’s Friend’s Son, 엄마 친구 아들

larus

Okay what did I miss??? :huh:

Our SML is clearly smitten with Mo-Eum.  She finally realizes she loves him and his daughter, delivers a fairly solid, off the cuff, confession/subtle proposal ... and he snaps at her and bolts???

TIMON-1233112.jpg?r=1686998680160

Uh ... WTF just happened???

Here are the ratings for Episode 12! :).

20240922232247_Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic-L

"Love Next Door" And "Beauty And Mr. Romantic" Finale Soar To Their Highest Ratings Yet

tvN’s “Love Next Door” also earned its highest ratings to date last night, when it took first place in its time slot across all cable channels with a nationwide average of 7.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1690027wpp/love-next-door-and-beauty-and-mr-romantic-finale-soar-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay what did I miss??? :huh:

Our SML is clearly smitten with Mo-Eum.  She finally realizes she loves him and his daughter, delivers a fairly solid, off the cuff, confession/subtle proposal ... and he snaps at her and bolts???

Uh ... WTF just happened???

Nothing happened... The writer suddenly realized that there are 4 more episodes to go 😄

• LOL 1

Watch: Jung Hae In And Jung So Min Remain Playful During Heart-Fluttering Kiss Scene In

Watch: Jung Hae In And Jung So Min Remain Playful During Heart-Fluttering Kiss Scene In "Love Next Door" Making-Of Video

tvN’s “Love Next Door” has unveiled the latest making-of video, providing a glimpse into the filming moments from episodes 11 and 12!

“Love Next Door” is a romantic comedy by the director and writer of the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.” Jung So Min stars as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In plays her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life.

Spoilers

The newly released video opens with Jung So Min wearing a bright green face mask for a shoot. However, the director and crew cannot contain their laughter as they see Jung So Min in the vivid mask, and when she faces Jung Hae In to start filming, he also breaks into laughter. Their playful banter leads to continuous giggles, showcasing the joyful atmosphere on set.

Later, the video shows Jung Hae In and Jung So Min preparing for the highly anticipated kiss scene. The two actors are seen discussing even the smallest details with the director, brainstorming ideas about where to place the books and how he should close the door.

While several bloopers occur during filming, the actors remain playful and professional, skillfully capturing the heart-fluttering moment of the kiss scene. The video effectively portrays their off-screen chemistry, which perfectly complements their on-screen romance.

Watch the full video!

The next episode of “Love Next Door” airs on September 28 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1690353wpp/watch-jung-hae-in-and-jung-so-min-remain-playful-during-heart-fluttering-kiss-scene-in-love-next-door-making-of-video

Love Next Door: Episodes 11-12

by missvictrix

It’s our hero’s turn to deal with his baggage this week as the conflict in his own family reaches a painful crescendo. However, this might just help him and his love next door finally get together…

EPISODES 11-12

Okay guys, we’re back after last week’s galling episodes and when we open this week it’s the day after the airport scene. As expected, Seok-ryu’s horrifying/traumatizing/upsetting cancer arc has been put to bed. Her family now accepts her dream to cook, and the family is overall supportive and wonderful.

For issues that were so deeply baked into the make-up of this family and its members, I find it hard to believe they’re completely resolved. But for the sake of the argument, let’s say they are. If the lesson we got from Seok-ryu’s story is that you need your loved ones around you to support you in this life, then Seung-hyo’s story also confirms that same message… except all his family gets is a two-episode story arc that unpacks 30+ years of baggage in as many run-time minutes.

LND1112_3.jpg

Seung-hyo’s dad has witnessed his wife’s “affair” one too many times, and despite the fact he was swooning over her like crazy a few hours ago, now tells her he wants to divorce. Seung-hyo’s mom agrees without any sort of argument, and tells everyone she’s going to Africa on a new assignment. Except we all remember that she was actually forced to resign (huh?).

Seung-hyo is enchanted to have a family dinner for once, but when he realizes it’s just a stage for his parents to announce their divorce, he gets up and leaves. Poor boy goes through all the feelings here and cries like he should have as a kid (instead of just pressuring himself to be perfect). But Seok-ryu is there for him during all this — dragging him home when he’s wasted and patting his back when he’s crying — and sure their reciprocity is nice, but does everything have to be so extra in this show?

At first it seems like Seung-hyo’s mom was going to pretend to go to Africa as a convenient way to escape the pain of a divorce and leaving her family, but when she packs a suitcase and heads to the airport, things don’t add up. We follow her for a bit only to learn that she’s been very forgetful lately — like the spoon that shattered the washing machine glass. When this new development reaches a fever pitch, Seung-hyo’s mom has sent her suitcase and cellphone somewhere but she’s at a temple with no idea what’s really going on. What the ever-loving Alzheimer’s is going on here, Show? I confess I was about ready to throw in the towel right then and there. Mom has been hiding this, and that’s what’s going on? Really?!

While Mom is stranded/missing, her husband confronts the ambassador character who he thinks has been her lover all these years. But Dad learns that his wife is actually retiring, and both men then realize something is wrong, since she can’t remember actually doing this…

Cue: Seung-hyo and his dad — with Seok-ryu in tow — on a rescue mission to the mountain temple to save Mom, who’s fallen in the woods somewhere like all the many heroines before her. By some miracle they find her, and she’s okay. Dad’s like a college boy in love from here on out, and this is also the scene where Seung-hyo gets to cry his eyes out (aw his sad cry face though!) and unload all of his parental/family baggage. It’s not unlike we’ve seen Seok-ryu do a few times now: all the pain and misunderstandings and unspoken things over the last 30 years come tumbling out. Mom apologizes for the hurtful things she’s said and done in the past, Seung-hyo explains how unloved he’s always felt, and with that out of the way, his family is pretty much put back together.

Seung-hyo’s parents have Mom assessed, and don’t worry — it was only a red herring meant to torture us — she’s fine. The doctor says it was just stress. Stress? That made her forget she quit her job? I don’t get it, but I’m glad she’s okay. Seeing these two all giddy over each other was the cutest thing I’ve seen in a while, and I’m all for it. (By the way, the affair was another red herring — they were “just friends” and the guy is gay. Talk about a 25-year misunderstanding.)

Speaking of cute, now that everyone’s health and family situations are good (*dusts off palms*), it’s time to get to the meat of the story: Seung-hyo and Seok-ryu getting together. I wish I could say it was satisfying, but it wasn’t. Seung-hyo goes on site to a beautiful location for a project he’s working on, while Seok-ryu stays home and cooks, listening to a recording of Seung-hyo translating her French cookbook. In that recording, Seung-hyo snuck in a “my love for you will never expire” while she was sleeping. And suddenly, hearing it, something clicks for her. Seok-ryu can’t stay where she is for another moment and drives a million miles to said location, and finds Seung-hyo standing in a sea of sunflowers. She tells him it was boring without him and asks if he wants to drink some banana milk with her. And because this sounds like a confession, Seung-hyo walks over. He takes her head in his hands and gently kisses her. This is picturesque and everything, but I did not just go through 11 episodes of what I did for a sweet kiss in a photogenic field.

We open up Episode 12 with our OTP having kissed. They sip their banana milk and discuss how they’re not friends anymore, and Seung-hyo says that it was the hardest thing he ever did (aww). Unfortunately, we don’t get that much cuteness between them because 1) like every good heroine, Seok-ryu wants them to keep their dating a secret; and 2) they don’t really know how to transition their relationship from friendship to romance.

Now, you’d think that the latter part — having a friendship turn romantic and physical — would be the lifeblood of this story, right? You’d think that we’d be able to enjoy lots of episodes of the mounting tension between these two, and all the hesitations of acting on their new feelings. At least, that’s the show I came to watch. Instead, what we got was whatever those first 11 episodes were, and now, in Episode 12, their total awkwardness together as a dating couple.

Don’t get me wrong — this is an important next phase of the story and a realistic one for their relationship — but I don’t feel like we ever got that first phase we needed. And since we never got that first phase, watching them being awkward in their Trying to Date stage didn’t get me very excited, since nothing felt at stake. (Side note: Bottom of the 9th with Two Outs is probably still one of the best friends-to-lovers dramas for me that actually picked up on the tension of that relationship evolution.) Anyway, in a convenient plot move, both their sets of parents go on a trip together, and Seung-hyo and Seok-ryu are left alone in her house. When they go to her bedroom to retrieve a stack of manhwa, Seung-hyo gets super uncomfortable LOL. But Seok-ryu gives him permission to “think bad thoughts” and the two sleep together under the millions of plastic glow-in-the-dark stars he glued to her ceiling. Oh, K-dramas.

Moving on to our other romance arc — Mo-eum and Mudflat Man — now that Mo-eum’s mother is Yeon-du’s new afternoon babysitter, their families are getting awfully close. Mo-eum is still avoiding Dan-ho after their kiss-with-headbutt encounter, but they agree to ignore it. After this, they go back to their previous comfortable relationship… until Mo-eum starts overreaching again.

She plans a full day of camping with Dan-ho and his daughter, and the three are acting like a happy little family. Mo-eum is thinking what I’m thinking, and she blurts out to Dan-ho that she knows she’s moving fast but she’d really like to be Yeon-du’s mom. Oh, and her heart goes crazy whenever he is around. But this time, it’s Dan-ho’s turn to flip out, and he exits out of that conversation before the confession is barely out of her mouth. *weeps in frustration*

Wrapping up, we’ve got a lot of progress with all of our relationships and lovelines this week — Seung-hyo’s parents, Seung-hyo x Seok-ryu, and Dan-ho x Mo-eum. But something feels like it’s missing. I’m not squeeing over any of this, and it’s all supposed to be very squee-worthy. I think it’s because I feel like my emotions have been mishandled by the show for so many weeks. Now that they want to deliver as promised, I’m not really sure I can believe them. No amount of sunflower field kisses can rebuild our broken trust, Show. And with no real signal as to what’s going to happen plot-wise in our final two weeks, I’m more concerned about what they’re going to invent than excited to see how it plays out.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/love-next-door-episodes-11-12/

I agree with the dramabeans' review above, of the OTP's taking the next step in their relationship at the end of episode 12.  It just did not have the expected impact.  It was somewhat realistic, but that was also because they kept these two being awkward with each other for too long.  There was no need for that.  There was plenty of chemistry there that the drama could have used to keep things interesting.  Instead both of them were awkward for too long that it had to be some sort of technical discussion of "having bad thoughts" and "okay to proceed with bad thoughts".  Yikes.  The drama messed it all up, in my view.  It was okay though.  I was not badly irritated or anything.

by lo_ve, September 25, 2024
1 1

Jung Hae In will lend his voice to one of the soundtracks of Love Next Door

On September 25, media outlets reported that after ZEROBASEONE, Kwon Jin Ah, Ha Sung Woon, and Wonstein, Jung Hae In will be the next to sing the OST of Love Next Door. According to reports, the release date of the OST will be revealed soon. 

Reports stated that the OST sung by Jung Hae In will express the feelings of his character Choi Seung Hyo in the series. The acoustic ballad is expected to heighten the romantic tension between Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu as they begin their adult romance.

Love Next Door is being led by Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, Yun Ji On, Park Ji Young, Jo Han Chul, and more.

The K-drama has maintained its top spot in the TV drama popularity rankings for three consecutive weeks. The lead actors, Jung Hae In and Jung So Min have also been consistently in the top ranking in the popularity of actors.

Xd1yox_2f.jpg

This will be the second time that Jung Hae In will sing a K-drama OST. He first shared his voice in the soundtrack of his 2022 K-drama Connect

This time, Jung Hae In will convey Choi Seung Hyo's feelings through music. Fans are excited to hear how the song will fit with the scenes in the upcoming Love Next Door episodes.

Jung Hae In is known for not only being a good actor but also having a beautiful voice. The actor has participated in Begin Again Season 3 and sang different covers alongside AKMU's Lee Su Hyun, Henry Lau, and more.

Not only has Love Next Door been a hit, but Jung Hae In's latest film,  I, the Executioner has also been a box office success. The film has become a blockbuster hit, attracting over 5 million moviegoers. 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-hae-in-to-sing-for-love-next-door-ost

Spoiler

Jung So Min And Jung Hae In Enjoy Lovey-Dovey Moments After Successful Change In Relationship In

Jung So Min And Jung Hae In Enjoy Lovey-Dovey Moments After Successful Change In Relationship In "Love Next Door"

tvN’s “Love Next Door” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Love Next Door” is a romantic comedy by the director and writer of the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.” Jung So Min stars as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In plays her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life.

Spoilers

Previously, Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu experienced an exciting shift from friends to lovers. However, amidst their suddenly changed relationship, Choi Seung Hyo found it awkward and unfamiliar to treat Bae Seok Ryu the same way as before. Feeling troubled by this, he candidly confessed to Bae Seok Ryu, and this heartfelt moment culminated in a passionate kiss.

The newly released stills capture Seung Hyo and Seok Ryu enjoying a midday picnic, lying together on the park’s grassy field. Seung Hyo’s playful smile as he leans in close to Seok Ryu creates heart-fluttering feelings.

love-next-door-01.jpeglove-next-door-02.jpeg

In another set of photos below, Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun) watches Kang Dan Ho (Yun Ji On) from a distance. Jung Mo Eum hesitates to approach Kang Dan Ho and his daughter Kang Yeon Doo (Shim Ji Yoo), who have come to the columbarium. Previously, Jung Mo Eum had confessed her feelings to Kang Dan Ho, only to be firmly rejected. As Jung Mo Eum tries to get closer, Kang Dan Ho continues to push her away, raising curiosity about how their relationship will develop in the future.

love-next-door-03.jpeg

Spoiler

love-next-door-04.jpeg

The next episode of “Love Next Door” will air on September 28 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691398wpp/jung-so-min-and-jung-hae-in-enjoy-lovey-dovey-moments-after-successful-change-in-relationship-in-love-next-door

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

20240928214137_Black-Out-The-Judge-from-

"Black Out" Earns Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet + "The Judge From Hell" Remains No. 1

tvN’s “Love Next Door” scored an average nationwide rating of 5.4 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691579wpp/black-out-earns-its-highest-friday-ratings-yet-the-judge-from-hell-remains-no-1

Jung Hae In Proposes To Jung So Min In

Jung Hae In Proposes To Jung So Min In "Love Next Door"

Will we be hearing wedding bells on tvN’s “Love Next Door”?

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Love Next Door,” Bae Seok Ryu and Choi Seung Hyo’s budding relationship faced turbulence due to a series of conflicts. However, when Seok Ryu heard the news of Seung Hyo’s accident, she immediately rushed to his side and tearfully confessed her love for him.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Seung Hyo gets ready to pop the question after making up his mind to propose to Seok Ryu. After getting dressed up in a suit and tie, Seung Hyo gently takes Seok Ryu by the hand and looks her in the eye while preparing to give her a special gift.

However, other stills capture the couple looking decidedly less romantic in the wake of Seung Hyo’s proposal. In contrast to his sweet demeanor from the day of his proposal, an intoxicated Seung Hyo gets all choked up as he vents to Seok Ryu, who silently listens to his rant with an exhausted expression. 

Jung-Hae-In-Jung-So-Min-2-1.jpg

The “Love Next Door” production team commented, “Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu have gone from childhood friends to lovers. Please look forward to the ending of the Seung-Ryu couple’s romance.”

They went on to tease, “Will Choi Seung Hyo succeed in proposing to Bae Seok Ryu? And how long will the secret romance continue? Please stay tuned to find out.”

The next episode of “Love Next Door” will air on September 29 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691611wpp/jung-hae-in-proposes-to-jung-so-min-in-love-next-door

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

20240929234344_Love-Next-Door-Iron-Famil

"Love Next Door" Heads Into Final Week On No. 1 Ratings; "Iron Family" Rises For 2nd Episode

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Love Next Door” took first place in its time slot across all cable channels ahead of its final week. With just two episodes left to go, the drama jumped to an average nationwide rating of 7.1 percent last night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691712wpp/love-next-door-heads-into-final-week-on-no-1-ratings-iron-family-rises-for-2nd-episode

20240930092447_jung-hae-in-OST.jpg?s=900Jung Hae In To Sing Final OST For “Love Next Door”

Sep 30, 2024
by M Lim

Jung Hae In will sing the seventh and final OST of “Love Next Door”!

On September 30, CJ ENM officially announced, “Jung Hae In will be the final singer for the OST of tvN’s ‘Love Next Door.’ [His song,] ‘Words I Couldn’t Say’ will be released on October 5.”

jung-hae-in-OST.jpeg

“Words I Couldn’t Say” (literal title) is a heartfelt ballad featuring acoustic guitar melodies. The lyrics express a love that has remained unchanged from the moment of first meeting until now.

Notably, the song was recently featured in the ending scene of Episode 14.

Jung Hae In’s “Words I Couldn’t Say” will be available on music platforms on October 5 at 6 p.m. KST, while the next episode of “Love Next Door” airs later that evening at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691869wpp/jung-hae-in-to-sing-final-ost-for-love-next-door

• Like 1

20240930162228_love-next-door-1.png?s=90

Watch: Jung Hae In And Jung So Min Showcase Sweet Off-Screen Chemistry In New "Love Next Door" Making-Of Video

Sep 30, 2024
by J Lee

tvN’s “Love Next Door” has unveiled a new making-of video filled with playful moments!

“Love Next Door” is a romantic comedy by the director and writer of the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.” Jung So Min stars as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In plays her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life.

Spoilers

The newly released video captures Jung Hae In and Jung So Min filming their characters’ lovey-dovey moments. One scene takes place in the office kitchen, where they create a romantic atmosphere while preparing a meal. As Jung Hae In lifts Jung So Min onto the kitchen counter, he expresses concern about whether his action might hurt her ribs, highlighting his sweet personality.

Their off-screen chemistry shines through as they casually exchange ideas and playfully prepare for their intimate scenes, leaving viewers eager to see more moments with the two of them together.

Another segment features the filming of their kiss scene. While both actors remain professional to authentically convey their characters’ emotions, the two often break into laughter, revealing their genuine friendship.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1691984wpp/watch-jung-hae-in-and-jung-so-min-showcase-sweet-off-screen-chemistry-in-new-love-next-door-making-of-video

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 30, 2024
18 6

The tvN drama Love Next Door scored a nationwide rating of 7.11% for episode 14, up from its previous episode's viewership of 5.41%. However, it couldn't surpass its previous Sunday episode's rating of 7.38%. With this, Love Next Door enters its final week. 

73XEDj_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Love Next Door?

Episode 15 of Love Next Door will air on October 5 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/love-next-door-enters-final-week-with-a-rise-in-ratings

Love Next Door: Episodes 13-14

by missvictrix

It’s our penultimate week, so the drama is either tying up loose ends or dragging its feet — I can’t really tell. Nevertheless, our OTP hits their stride after some bumps in the road of their dating era, and we finally have some squee-worthy progress with our secondary couple, too.

EPISODES 13-14

As this week opens, our kiddos have their morning after… and they’re not wearing sweaters! *Shocked faces* This show loves the shenanigans, though, so they’re interrupted by both sets of their parents coming home from their trip and everyone winds up at the breakfast table. The discussion is how the moms agreed to marry off their kids this year. Of course, for some reason it never occurs to them to marry them off to each other, but no fear, our OTP is keeping their dating era top secret.

In said dating era we have some cute moments, but also the usual bout of misunderstandings. Seok-ryu takes her exam and gets her culinary certificate, but she’s shattered when her classmates get job offers and she hasn’t gotten any bites yet. I get that she’s used to being the first and best at everything, but don’t think I wasn’t talking to her through my screen telling her that’s what the job search is like in the real world. Anyway, Seok-ryu is mentally pursuing the idea of going to the CIA in New York like Hyun-joon suggested, Seung-hyo is rightfully upset when he finds out. But this first millionth spat of theirs ends when Seung-hyo gets injured on a construction site, and Seok-ryu realizes how much he means to her.

Meanwhile, annoying younger brother gets his mini redemption arc — and by that I mean the camera turns to him for more than two minutes and we see his inferiority complex in ye olde family of complexes. Turns out his get-rich protein powder was a scam and he winds up on the receiving end of his family’s ire.

After a heart-to-heart convo with Seok-ryu and some contemplation, he decides to go back to the gym and work towards becoming a trainer. And with that the Dong-jin mini arc is concluded. Well, except we have to circle back next week to his wanna-be-a-love-line with LEE NA-YOON (Shim So-young) — aka everyone’s favorite Gen Z office worker at Atelier In. She’s been a gem in this entire show with her mixture of snark and wisdom, and she does not fail this week either. Well-played, girl, I was never sorry when you turned up on my screen, and I can’t say that for many of these characters.

While Seok-ryu and Seung-hyo are dating blissfully, we finally spend a bit more time with our secondary couple. The story moves at lightning speed in these two episodes, and I got so much enjoyment out of these characters and their story that I wish they had had far more screen time all along. As it is, we get a lot of plot movement that goes from Dan-ho continuing to ignore/avoid Mo-eum after her camping confession, to a lot of accidental meet-ups.

One meet-up is a super important one, because we (and Mo-eum) learn that Dan-ho isn’t actually Yeon-du’s dad. SAY WHAT! The show conveniently shows us the flashback we saw previously of Dan-ho identifying what we were led to believe was his wife’s body. But no, upon a fuller view of the scene, it’s his sister-in-law. And his hyung. And his mother. And his father. What the everlovin’ family vacation makjang is going on here?! Well, we can’t change it, and Dan-ho experienced this awful tragedy and then put on the dad hat for Yeon-du. It makes them even more precious to me as a duo, but really I don’t think the story needed this at all. What’s to gain from it? To make him a more “socially acceptable” future husband? About that…

During one of their many meet-ups, Dan-ho runs into a very drunk Mo-eum and kindly escorts her home. But when he drops her off at her doorstep and Mo-eum’s mother apologizes, it’s like the dam in his heart burst. Out of his mouth comes a swoony confession. “I think you raised her very well. I’d like to take Mo-eum. I knew you would be worried, so I tried to cut all ties with her, but I don’t think I can anymore.” Mo-eum is drunk but still flustered and touched, while Mom goes ice cold. (These mothers!)

We are tortured for a bit — along with Dan-ho and Mo-eum — while they try to figure out what to do with the situation. The girls commiserate about the men they love who their mothers will never approve of, and similarly, Seung-hyo and Dan-ho do this little dance of not being sure how close they should be (awkward banmal included). The best part of this is that Seung-hyo and Seok-ryu stage an oh-so-accidental meetup so that Mo-eum and Dan-ho can talk. Mo-eum might be “forbidden” to date him, but she’s pretty good at doing what she wants, and as for Dan-ho, he kisses her and then they hug happily and cutely.

Luckily, Mo-eum’s mom seems the most reasonable of these ladies, and between Yeon-du’s sweetness, and hearing Mo-eum’s heart towards Dan-ho and Yeon-du, she relents. And gosh, the four of them make the sweetest family ever. I love that Dan-ho has a family now most of all, after everything he’s shouldered.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/love-next-door-episodes-13-14/

by Lily Alice, October 3, 2024
9 0

Soothe your feelings of emptiness with the final remarks from Love Next Door's actors.

tvN's weekend drama Love Next Door is now down to its last two episodes. From a lighthearted comedy to a heartwarming and touching family story, the lives and daily routines of the people of Heryeong-dong felt all the more special in their ordinariness. 

Viewers laughed, cried, and felt excitement watching the stories of Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun), and Kang Dan Ho (Yun Ji On).

Sharing their thoughts and feelings, the actors bid farewell ahead of the K-drama's finale.

Jung Hae In said, "As a viewer myself, I'm also really enjoying watching it, so I'm sad that it's ending." Jung So Min shared, "It doesn't feel real that filming has ended, and I can't believe the show is coming to an end either. I think it's because I've never let go of Love Next Door in my heart." 

5vRX8w_2f.png

Kim Ji Eun said, "I've been reminiscing about the memories from the set every week while watching the show, so it's sad to think that only two episodes are left. I've become so attached and fond of it that I'll cherish it for a long time and occasionally reminisce about it."

Yun Ji On added, "Every week, I found myself eagerly waiting for the weekend to watch the broadcast, but this week, I wish the weekend doesn't come. Still, seeing that I feel warmth in my heart despite the sadness, I'm grateful to the viewers who loved Love Next Door." 

Kpz0dR_2f.png

What does Love Next Door and their characters mean to the actors? 

Jung Hae In said, "For me, it will be remembered as a project that made me so happy and joyful that I wanted to go to the set every day. Choi Seung Hyo is a character who is similar to me, so I found him relatable in many ways. Playing Choi Seung Hyo was a time when I could grow and learn once again."

Spoiler

zBr8Dy_2f.png

Jung So Min shared, "Even after a lot of time passes, I think I will always cheer for all the characters in Love Next Door. I don't think their stories end with the finale. I want to support all the stories of the people of Heryeong-dong that will unfold in the future." "I was truly fortunate I got to meet SeokRyu. I hope Seok Ryu stays healthy and comfortable." 

Spoiler

oQWRDz_2f.png

Kim Ji Eun said, "I think this project will be remembered as one filled with warmth and simple affection. The reason why I was always happy to go to the set was because of the character Jung Mo Eum. Mo Eum, who always looks at the world positively and is teeming with happiness and love, is a character I'm truly grateful for."

Yun Ji On mentioned the four-leaf clover that appeared in the drama as a keyword, saying, "I think it will remain a project and character like a four-leaf clover. It was a lucky and happy memory and experience for me. I think it will also be remembered as a project that will make me more versatile going forward."

Lastly, the actors urged viewers to tune in to the upcoming 15th and 16th episodes.

Jung Hae In said, "Warm and beautiful moments between Seung Hyo, Seok Ryu, and their families will be shown. I hope you'll also keep an eye on the tender love between Mo Eum's family, Dan Ho, and Yeon Du."

Jung So Min said, "I hope you will enjoy the remaining two episodes with a relaxed heart and the sweet scenes of Seung Hyo and Seok Ryu, who have come a long way. Seeing that viewers found comfort and empathy through the drama gave me more energy. I sincerely thank everyone for loving and showing interest in Love Next Door so far." 

Kim Ji Eun pointed out, "I hope you can feel the emotions of family members who love and care for each other, even in difficult and challenging situations, and especially the 'happiness' that comes from being 'together.'" She continued, "Thank you to the viewers who have enjoyed watching the stories unfolding in Heryeong-dong every weekend. I was happy thanks to your support and love as the secondary Heryeong-dong residents. Please stay with us until the very end to watch the story of the Heryeong-dong family."

Yun Ji On highlighted the South Pole, which was teased in the preview, as a key point to watch, saying, "It will be the most important point for Mo Eum and Dan Ho." He concluded, "Thank you for giving us so much love. I hope the people of Heryeong-dong remain a good memory for you. Please give your support and interest to see if Dan Ho can love Mo Eum until the end."

Episodes 15 and 16 of Love Next Door will air on October 5 and 6, respectively. The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix. 

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/love-next-door-actors-bid-farewell-with-final-remarks

20241003172456_Love-next-door1.jpg?s=900

"Love Next Door" Cast Bids Farewell To Drama With Final Remarks

Oct 03, 2024
by J Lee

The stars of tvN’s “Love Next Door” have shared their final remarks ahead of the drama’s finale!

“Love Next Door” is a romantic comedy by the director and writer of the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.” Jung So Min stars as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In plays her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life.

With just two episodes left, the cast of “Love Next Door”—Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, Yun Ji On—took a moment to reflect on their experience.

Jung Hae in expressed his sadness about the show coming to an end, saying, “As a viewer who enjoyed the show, it’s sad that the drama is coming to an end.” Jung So Min echoed this sentiment, remarking, “I still can’t believe that filming is over and that the end is near. I guess it’s because I’ve never really let go of ‘Love Next Door’ in my heart.”

Kim Ji Eun reflected, “I recall memories from the filming set while watching each week’s episode, and it’s sad to think that only two episodes are left. I’ve really grown fond of the drama, and I’ll cherish it for a long time and occasionally reminisce.” Yun Ji On shared, “I always looked forward to the weekend to watch the show, but this week, I wish the weekend wouldn’t come. Still, feeling warmth amidst the sadness makes me grateful to the viewers who loved ‘Love Next Door.’’”

The actors also shared their thoughts about the drama and their characters. Jung Hae In said, “It will be remembered as a project that I enjoyed so much that I wanted to go to the set every day. Choi Seung Hyo and I share many similarities, so I found a lot to relate to. Portraying Choi Seung Hyo allowed me to grow and learn once more.” Jung So Min expressed, “I feel lucky to have met with Seok Ryu. I hope Seok Ryu stays healthy and happy.”

Kim Ji Eun mentioned, “The reason I was always happy on filming days was my character Jung Mo Eum. I’m so grateful for Mo Eum, who always sees the world positively and is filled with happiness and love.” Yun Ji On described the drama and his character as a four-leaf clover, saying, “It has brought me luck and happy memories and experiences. Thanks to this drama, I think I’ll have a more flexible attitude going forward.”

Lastly, the actors shared what viewers can look forward to in the upcoming episodes and encouraged viewers to tune in. Jung Hae In said, “Viewers can expect warm and beautiful moments between Seung Hyo, Seok Ryu, and their families. Please also pay attention to the affectionate love between Mo Eum’s family, Dan Ho, and Yeon Doo.”

Jung So Min shared, “I hope you enjoy the last two episodes with a relaxed mind and enjoy the sweet moments of Seung Hyo and Seok Ryu who have come a long way.” She added, “Seeing viewers relate to the drama and find comfort in it has energized me. Thank you very much for loving and caring for ‘Love Next Door’ so far.”

love-next-door.png

https://www.soompi.com/article/1692718wpp/love-next-door-cast-bids-farewell-to-drama-with-final-remarks

• Like 1

Spoiler

Jung So Min, Lee Seung Hyub, Park Ji Young, And More Support Jo Han Chul's Retirement In

Jung So Min, Lee Seung Hyub, Park Ji Young, And More Support Jo Han Chul's Retirement In "Love Next Door"

tvN’s “Love Next Door” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Previously, Choi Seung Hyo proposed to Bae Seok Ryu, but she initially rejected him out of concern that she could become ill again. Nevertheless, Choi Seung Hyo conveyed his sincerity  to Bae Seok Ryu. At the end of the episode, however, Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu’s secret relationship was finally revealed to their family members.

In the upcoming episode, Bae Seok Ryu’s father’s tteokbokki restaurant will close its business. In addition to Choi Seung Hyo, Bae Seok Ryu, Jung Mo Eun (Kim Ji Eun), and Kang Dan Ho (Yun Ji On), their family and friends will hold a special retirement party for Bae Geun Sik (Jo Han Chul).

love-next-door-1-.jpegyun-ji-on-kim-ji-eun.jpeg

Spoiler

love-next-door-5.jpeg

More stills also capture Bae Geun Sik’s bittersweet smile as he prepares to shut down the restaurant for the last time. By his side, Bae Seok Ryu, Na Mi Sook (Park Ji Young), and Bae Dong Jin (N.Flying’s Lee Seung Hyub) look at him proudly.

Spoiler

love-next-door-jo-han-chul.jpeg

love-next-door-3-.jpeg

The penultimate episode of “Love Next Door” will air on October 5 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1692748wpp/jung-so-min-lee-seung-hyub-park-ji-young-and-more-support-jo-han-chuls-retirement-in-love-next-door

Jung Hae In And Jung So Min Are Unfazed By Their Mothers' Disapproval Of Their Relationship In

Jung Hae In And Jung So Min Are Unfazed By Their Mothers' Disapproval Of Their Relationship In "Love Next Door"

Will Jung Hae In and Jung So Min manage to change their mothers’ minds about their romance on “Love Next Door”?

“Love Next Door” is a tvN romantic comedy by the director and writer of the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.” Jung So Min stars as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In plays her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Love Next Door,” Choi Seung Hyo got ready to pop the question to Bae Seok Ryu. However, nothing about his proposal went according to plan—including Seok Ryu’s answer. Despite her feelings for Seung Hyo, Seok Ryu turned him down because she was scared of falling ill again. But just when Seung Hyo managed to melt her heart and convince her otherwise, their parents walked in on them and accidentally found out about their secret relationship.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Seok Ryu and Seung Hyo refuse to be swayed by their mothers’ fervent disapproval of their romance. Unfazed by their parents’ reactions, the couple remains as smitten and lovey-dovey as ever—and in one photo, Seung Hyo even gets down on one knee to make another attempt at a proposal.

As Seung Hyo takes Seok Ryu’s hands in his own, she gazes back at him with a touched expression, and the two wind up sharing a serious conversation about their future.

Love-Next-Door-1.jpg

The “Love Next Door” production team teased, “Although Choi Seung Hyo’s proposal to Bae Seok Ryu seemed to have been a success, the conflict between their two moms became an unexpected obstacle. Please stay tuned to find out whether both Choi Seung Hyo and Bae Seok Ryu’s love and Na Mi Sook and Seo Hye Sook’s friendship will be able to remain intact.”

The next episode of “Love Next Door” will air on October 5 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1692931wpp/jung-hae-in-and-jung-so-min-are-unfazed-by-their-mothers-disapproval-of-their-relationship-in-love-next-door