[Current Drama 2024] The Two Sisters - 피도 눈물도 없이 - Mon to Fri 19:50 KST

0ly40

Let's settle this once and for all  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would HW be the evil one instead of HJ if HJ had not chosen to follow her mother because of the ‘whisper’ from HW?

• No, HJ is just bad, she will use the abusive stepmother for excuse or something. HW will still be the normal sister with some issues.
    • Yes, the feckless mother and her henpecked husband will turn any child evil.
    • No, the drama has shown us nothing that would indicate HJ was any more or less evil than her sister
    • Yes, her actions since the whisper clearly indicate a pre-existing psychopathic condition that only manifested after the whisper.
    • None of the above / Something else. What?
  2. 2. Will there be more deaths? It’s been a while since someone was killed. (choose as many as you like)

• YC is declining, not as fast as real brain cancer patients, but dying. He is next.
    • They are keeping Chase and Attorney Baek alive so that one of them will die at the end.
    • YC’s sister is next. She can be removed without affecting the story.
    • MIL twin has double crossed too many people, she’s next.
    • San Duel - he's been essentially scene filler material since the writer change - he'll get caught in the crossfire between sisters
    • San Duels Girlfriend - she stole Hye Ji's phone at Hye Won's direction, nations have gone to war for less - she's doomed
    • Sane Aunt - she'll lip off at Hye Ji at the wrong moment, and "poof" ... she's gone
    • The Yoon housekeeper - she helped Hye Ji in the past, but she's probably on Hye Won's payroll - Hye Ji finds out and its time for a new maid.
    • Min Jun - the only level headed/devoted gf in the show, and we can't have her survive, that would be too "warm and fuzzy"
    • None of the above / Someone else. Who?
  3. 3. Will HW go to jail?

• No, the little traps she set for the doctor and her allies were not recorded
    • Yes, for committing BDE to an asylum by manipulating medical reports
    • No, Attorney Baek is kept in the show to play his most important scene, defending HW.
    • Yes she will, together with Chase who has been assisting her.
    • Yes, but only for one or two of her lesser crimes - no more than two years (if that)
    • Something else. What?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/25/2024 at 11:00 AM

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

What is funny is that the actual cause of death is heart attack which is so anti-climatic by this drama. no one got hit by a truck or thrown over a balcony or knifed

She could have survived if HJ called for help. The 3-4 episodes have been about that. The housekeeper who was killed guess by whom?; HJ, witnessed it and she had been shuttled here and there by HW. HJ and the new guy had reversed the blame to HW by framing her as the one who left the MIL to die.

I don’t like HJ, she’s greedy, unscrupulous and a psycho, confirmed by her getting YG brainwashed. HW is so lame for many episodes. She had been bested by HJ who really was a street kid without education, but if not for Chase and ML, HW would have died or be imprisoned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

He was the lead in Witches' Game. I didn't like him there, but here? He's fantastic.

I thought lawyer Baek here was the lead in that show. Anyway, he was boring, too good to be true as usual when the boyfriend was scummy. Just for contrast.

I find him too much here, swaggering and sneering to play the bad person role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maribella said:

if not for Chase and ML, HW would have died or be imprisoned.

yup. the company has also been bleeding since she took over. she is not good at her job either. it would be better if someone else took over the company in the end. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, maribella said:

She could have survived if HJ called for help. The 3-4 episodes have been about that. The housekeeper who was killed guess by whom?; HJ, witnessed it and she had been shuttled here and there by HW. HJ and the new guy had reversed the blame to HW by framing her as the one who left the MIL to die.

I don’t like HJ, she’s greedy, unscrupulous and a psycho, confirmed by her getting YG brainwashed. HW is so lame for many episodes. She had been bested by HJ who really was a street kid without education, but if not for Chase and ML, HW would have died or be imprisoned.

There is no guarantee Art MIL would've survived - they got her to the hospital and operated on her and still she died - Nevermind the fact that Art MIL obviously knew she was ill at that point, and yet still exerted herself by lunging at Hye Ji.

It does raise an interesting point though, Hye Won has been charged with what they were trying to pin on Hye Ji - Abandoning Art MIL when she was having a heart attack, and the accidental death of the housekeeper ... and she's only facing TWO YEARS!? 

So the one clear cut case of murder -art druggie- is all but ignored at this point while they'll spend the rest of the drama trying to pin the unintentional deaths on Hye Ji ... while also ignoring their own blatant criminal activity of Team Good - Talk about anti-climatic

It'll be interesting to see if the writers will even remember the opening scene of the drama and bring the story back to it - Hye Won & Hye Ji going head on at each other on the freeway ... and to complicate the matter even more, in that first scene, Hye Won is clearly pregnant  - double trouble :lol:

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

It'll be interesting to see if the writers will even remember the opening scene of the drama and bring the story back to it - Hye Won & Hye Ji going head on at each other on the freeway ... and to complicate the matter even more, in that first scene, Hye Won is clearly pregnant  - double trouble :lol:

I think that was just a metaphorical scene, I don't think it's happening. They already had a 5-year time jump.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I think that was just a metaphorical scene, I don't think it's happening. They already had a 5-year time jump.

While anything is possible - in this drama especially - if they were simply illustrating the raging war between sisters, why provide the subtle details ... Hye Won pregnant, Hye Won actually looking concerned when trying to call Hye Ji, Hye Ji clearly drunk, only Hye Ji screaming at Hye Won as they collide

I think this was actually supposed to be a part of the original story - before the slew of character deaths/writer change

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Abandoning Art MIL when she was having a heart attack, and the accidental death of the housekeeper ... and she's only facing TWO YEARS!? 

Wasn’t she released after two years because the doctor who got her jailed also got her out, blackmailed over blackmailed. 

14 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

There is no guarantee Art MIL would've survived - they got her to the hospital and operated on her and still she died - Nevermind the fact that Art MIL

I don’t know about Korean law, but in many countries, not calling 911 when the victim is alive is a crime. The fact that later she died  or she is terminally ill still makes the ‘escapee’ guilty. It’s just like leaving somebody hanging by her nails from a building.  She’s terminally ill anyway?

13 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

While anything is possible - in this drama especially - if they were simply illustrating the raging war between sisters, why provide the subtle details ... Hye Won pregnant, Hye Won actually looking concerned when trying to call Hye Ji, Hye Ji clearly drunk,

Must be the old writer. 

edit: most likely we will get good and bad from HW, alternately. 
I don’t see BDE turning to HJ again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maribella said:

Wasn’t she released after two years because the doctor who got her jailed also got her out, blackmailed over blackmailed. 

No she was released after only a few days - Hye Ji comes to visit her in prison before that and explains she's going to get two years for "accidental" homicide.

5 hours ago, maribella said:

I don’t know about Korean law, but in many countries, not calling 911 when the victim is alive is a crime. The fact that later she died  or she is terminally ill still makes the ‘escapee’ guilty. It’s just like leaving somebody hanging by her nails from a building.  She’s terminally ill anyway?

I never said it wasn't a crime, I said there was no guarantee Art MIL would've survived - If Hye Ji was charged, I'm sure the matter of Art MIL's pre-existing condition would be introduced, along with her lunging at Hye Ji, and the fact that she had called Hye Ji to the hotel in the first place to blackmail her, wouldn't have put Art MIL in a great light either. 

Since Hye Won was charged with what they were after Hye Ji for, we know even if she was convicted she would've only gotten about 2 years ... which is laughable ... kinda like this drama :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, maribella said:

Must be the old writer. 

edit: most likely we will get good and bad from HW, alternately. 
I don’t see BDE turning to HJ again. 

Since the writing seems to be getting lazier by the episode, yeah Hye Won will still play the tired role of righteous indignation, all the while conspiring with lesser criminals, and a blackmailing Goofy ML lawyer, all in pursuit of her sister.  BDE won't return to HJ.

No 3 x unnie's for this one

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hye Won will still play the tired role of righteous indignation, all the while conspiring with lesser criminals, and a blackmailing Goofy ML lawyer, all in pursuit of her sister.  BDE won't return to HJ.

A commenter online called her an anti-villainess- which is exactly what she is. The show has pretty much made it clear. Even her own parents don't see her as a heroine. Neither does the aunt MS.

No happy ending in this one, for sure. The next daily has a villain FL. (? Unclear.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

@liyahsbutterfly do you recommend ' A bird does not sing?'. It's so long.

It's only 100 episodes, it's actually shorter than most dailies. But yes, I recommend it. It drags a bit but the SFL and her allies do play dirty to get revenge on the FL. It was on tvN (which had great dailies. I wish they still made them...)

• Thanks 1

Goodness, are they all living in one house? 
BDE who had kidnapped and dastardly brainwashed YG lives there. His mum HW who had been framed by BDE is also living there. The MIL twin is also living there. Poor YG also lives there. :loolz:
I hope I am wrong.

• LOL 1

12 hours ago, maribella said:

Goodness, are they all living in one house? 

Oh the absurdity doesn't end there - Hye Ji has normally been one step ahead of Hye Won and Team Good, but she's seems to be slipping.  The whole bottle cap issue was a gift from Team Good and she passed on it.

Hye Won signals Chad Oppa via scratches on a spilled dinner tray :rolleyes: ... okay I'll let that one go ... so off he rushes back home, knows exactly which drawer, and what she was even talking about, and then he takes it out of the apartment?! :huh:

Sorry Team Good - Your "gotcha" just became worthless - if the police are even moderately worth their badges, there's no way that can be used as evidence any longer - 1) Chad Oppa could've gotten a Hye Ji bottle cap when she was his maid. 2) Hye Won could've pulled a bottle cap with her prints from golddigger couples house or 3) - and most glaring - they could've gotten it from the Yoon mansion ...Where they A-L-L still live together!!!

c2a636299d3b40ac05d7cc5be290325c

Oh, and in one of the most thinly veiled telegraphs I've seen in a long while, it looks like Hye Ji will actually survive the drama ... out of nowhere Hye Won began inquiring if they could put Hye Ji in a mental institution :rolleyes: 

Cap it all off with a Hye Won condemnation of Hye Ji as being "evil from birth" ... funny thing, she didn't seem to think so as she pursued her relentlessly into her 30's ... yeah ignore what started this little sleigh ride, lest you have to look yourself in the mirror

Only 20 more episodes ...

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

funny thing, she didn't seem to think so as she pursued her relentlessly into her 30's ... yeah ignore what started this little sleigh ride, lest you have to look yourself in the mirror

Hye-Won didn't start this though, she fed into it with her thirst for revenge. Which was Hye-Ji's fault, no matter how you look at it. And no, Hye-Ji never wanted to make up with her, she just wanted her (and everyone) to forget about her crimes because of her delusions/amnesia. Not how it works. All of this is the parents' fault and Yi-Chul's fault, too.

This drama may be absurd, but it's far better than US soaps right now.

Edited by liyahsbutterfly
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Hye-Won didn't start this though, she fed into it with her thirst for revenge. Which was Hye-Ji's fault, no matter how you look at it. And no, Hye-Ji never wanted to make up with her, she just wanted to forget about her crimes. All of this is the parents' fault and Yi-Chul's fault, too.

Hye Won did start this, albeit with good intentions - I think the writers bailed on Hye Won saving Hye Ji from herself - If Hye Won's dream confession was actually delivered to Hye Ji in the present, and then Hye Ji rebuffed her fine, let the chips fall where they may. But that didn't happen, Hye Won has been on the warpath since they met.  I'll offer one up for Hye Ji, at least she confessed to Hye Won that she met/hooked Chairman Romeo before she knew Hye Won was an in law.  She wasn't trying to ruin Hye Won til Hye Won attacked her.

Hye Ji may have never wanted to make up but Hye Won started it and never offered her an out or an olive branch either ... except the dream sequence.

18 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

This drama may be absurd, but it's far better than US soaps right now.

Oh no argument there - I gave up on US soaps along time ago - they go on forever, and eventually they disappear or kill off your favorite character(s)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hye Won did start this, albeit with good intentions - I think the writers bailed on Hye Won saving Hye Ji from

Hye Won can be blamed for starting their warfare if she had ignored what had happened to her MIL. 
I would be quite nasty to my FIL’s kept woman if I loved my MIL as much as HW.  If she had left the poor woman dying on the floor, as HJ did, it would be war too.

So I don’t see how HJ is just a little girl in love with a rich old married man when she first met HW.

In my real case, do what you like FIL, no skin off my nose. :blush:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, maribella said:

Hye Won can be blamed for starting their warfare if she had ignored what had happened to her MIL. 
I would be quite nasty to my FIL’s kept woman if I loved my MIL as much as HW.  If she had left the poor woman dying on the floor, as HJ did, it would be war too.

So I don’t see how HJ is just a little girl in love with a rich old married man when she first met HW.

You already know I'm gonna disagree with that - before Hye Won learns Hye Ji is actually BDE, we were shown time after time how Hye Won - for years - had been searching for her sister. Now even after all Hye Ji had done, when Hye Won learns she is BDE, Hye Won has a dream where she clearly expresses regret for telling Hye Ji to go with her mother as a child, clearly empathizing with her as a sister -  No, not to the point of absolving her of her crimes, but at the very least showing a willingness to help her, and support her, and be a sister to her again, once she paid her debt to society. 

If Hye Won could dream it ... why could she not, even once, voice that in the present?  Hye Won, good intentions aside, put Hye Ji on the path down to her criminal present.  Hye Ji will have to pay for it, but Hye Won doesn't get to wash her hands of it simply because she meant well. Especially when she's made zero effort to approach Hye Ji as she at least did in a dream.

#TeamNoOne 😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

dream where she clearly expresses regret for telling Hye Ji to go with her mother as a child, clearly empathizing

The part where HW is viewed as guilty of sending off HJ with her feckless mother is never a guilt to me. Both were children. 

9 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hye Won, good intentions aside, put Hye Ji on the path down to her criminal present. 

HW has done her share doing stupid things, eg, blaming HJ for killing JC is not too smart. But there are many others that HJ had committed without any motivation from anyone. She wants a good life, any which way. No one HW or YC had put her on the criminal path but herself. Maybe her parents had enabled her but I had not watch any episode of her growing up.

• Blob 1

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

The part where HW is viewed as guilty of sending off HJ with her feckless mother is never a guilt to me. Both were children. 

Whether they were children or not, it was that initial decision that formed the basis of Hye Ji's traumatic childhood/young adult years.  More to the point, Hye Won clearly carries guilt for it as shown in her dream.  I'd agree their parents never should've put them into a position to make such a decision, but it occurred, and Hye Won had a hand in it. 

• Like 2