[Drama 2023] Moon in the Day - 낮에 뜨는 달

ferily

Spoiler

Kim Young Dae And Pyo Ye Jin Enjoy A Heart-Fluttering Amusement Park Date In “Moon In The Day”

Kim Young Dae And Pyo Ye Jin Enjoy A Heart-Fluttering Amusement Park Date In “Moon In The Day”

ENA’s “Moon in the Day” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Based on a hit webtoon, “Moon in the Day” tells a chilling and heartbreaking love story that spans 1,500 years. Moving back and forth between the past and present, the drama will follow a man for whom time has stopped after being killed by his lover and a woman who has lost her memories of her past life and continues to “flow like a river.”

Kim Young Dae takes on the dual roles of Han Jun Oh, a well-known top star in Korea, and Do Ha, an elite noble of the Silla Dynasty. Pyo Ye Jin plays the dual roles of Kang Young Hwa, a firefighter-turned-bodyguard, and Han Ri Ta, the sole survivor of a noble family from Daegaya (a city-state) in the Silla Dynasty.

The newly released stills depict Kang Young Hwa, who is dressed adorably for a fun day at an amusement park. However, Han Jun Oh catches the attention of people around them as a top star, causing them to stand out in the crowd. Although Han Jun Oh tries to hide beneath a ball cap, his shining celebrity aura is difficult to hide.

pyo-ye-jin-kim-young-dae-5.jpegkim-young-dae-moon-in-the-day.jpeg

Thankfully, Han Jun Oh’s manager Jang Yoon Je (Kim Dong Young) wittily comes to the rescue by bringing a rabbit mask. More stills capture Han Jun Oh enjoying amusement park rides with the mask on while Kang Young Hwa looks at him affectionately. Although flustered at first by Han Jun Oh’s arrival at the amusement park, Kang Young Hwa eventually finds herself enjoying their date together.

pyo-ye-jin-kim-young-dae-3.jpeg

Spoiler

pyo-ye-jin-kim-young-dae-6.jpegkim-young-dae-pyo-ye-jin-7.jpeg

However, additional stills depict Kang Young Hwa and Han Jun Oh appearing to be chased by someone. The two look around while trying to stay hidden. Although the situation looks serious, Kang Young Hwa is smiling brightly, making viewers curious to find out what is happening.

Spoiler

pyo-ye-jin-kim-young-dae-.jpegpyo-ye-jin-kim-young-dae-2-.jpeg

Furthermore, behind-the-scenes stills capture the lively atmosphere on set. Kim Young Dae and Pyo Ye Jin are serious as they monitor their performance, while Pyo Ye Jin and Moon Ye Won appear to be having an enjoyable time on set. Kim Dong Young also smiles playfully with the rabbit mask, and the stills highlight the great chemistry of the cast.

Spoiler

kim-young-dae-pyo-ye-jin-7-.jpeg

pyo-ye-jin-11-.jpegkim-dong-young.jpegpyo-ye-jin-moon-ye-won.jpeg

The next episode of “Moon in the Day” will air on November 23 at 9 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628046wpp/kim-young-dae-and-pyo-ye-jin-enjoy-a-heart-fluttering-amusement-park-date-in-moon-in-the-day

The amusement park scenes....:D

the library scene is one of my fav scenes from ep 8....:wub:

F_opgAaXAAAyAhj?format=png&name=small

their first night together

Doha - ''Are you not nervous at all''

Rita - ''Grooms tend to get more nervous than brides on the first night''...:D

that was kind of funny although the whole scene was melancholic and sad.

F_p8ENfbAAASFjN?format=jpg&name=small

I’m all caught up to this drama and I’m really enjoying it so much! I think it’s a bit underrated and not lots of people are watching it…

Im wondering if we’re going to get a happy ending because it seems like Do Ha will have to leave to the afterlife? Reminds me of Hotel de luna… I hope we’ll get a happy ending between our two leads but I won’t be surprised if we don’t.

My current theory about why Han Ri Ta killed Do Ha is because she wanted to end his suffering with always obeying and listening to his dad and being a dog for his dad, so she really did love him but because she loves him so much, she decided to take matters in her own hands and end his life. My other thought is that she knew that Do Ha’s dad was going to do something even worse to Do Ha so she kills him…

Impatiently waiting for the next episode!!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Pyo Ye Jin Is Shocked By Jung Woong In’s Words In “Moon In The Day”

Pyo Ye Jin Is Shocked By Jung Woong In’s Words In “Moon In The Day”

ENA’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Moon in the Day” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Based on a hit webtoon, “Moon in the Day” tells a chilling and heartbreaking love story that spans 1,500 years. Moving back and forth between the past and present, the drama will follow a man for whom time has stopped after being killed by his lover and a woman who has lost her memories of her past life and continues to “flow like a river.” Kim Young Dae stars as Han Jun Oh, a well-known top star in Korea, and Do Ha, an elite noble of the Silla Dynasty. Pyo Ye Jin plays the dual roles of Kang Young Hwa, a firefighter-turned-bodyguard, and Han Ri Ta, the sole survivor of a noble family from Daegaya (a city-state) in the Silla Dynasty.

Spoilers

Previously, Seok Chul Hwan (Jung Woong In) advised Han Min Oh (On Joo Wan) to kill Kang Young Hwa if he wanted to chase away the evil spirit inside his brother’s body.

While it is not yet unveiled why Seok Chul Hwan, who is possessed by the spirit of Soribu (Do Ha’s adoptive father and a powerful figure in the Joseon Dynasty), wants to kill Kang Young Hwa rather than Han Jun Oh, the newly released stills capture Seok Chul Hwan and Kang Young Hwa meeting up at a cafe. In contrast to Seok Chul Hwan’s smile, Kang Young Hwa appears to be confused and even shocked by Seok Chul Hwan’s words.

moon-in-the-day-1.jpeg

moon-in-the-day-2.jpeg

moon-in-the-day-4.jpeg

Even after leaving the cafe, Kang Young Hwa’s dark facial expression suggests that she has mixed feelings about something that Seok Chul Hwan said.

Viewers are curious to find out about what kind of conversation the two will have and the reason behind Soribu’s obsession with Kang Young Hwa, who is Han Ri Ta’s reincarnation.

Spoiler

moon-in-the-day-3.jpeg

The next episode of “Moon in the Day” airs on November 29 at 9 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628818wpp/pyo-ye-jin-is-shocked-by-jung-woong-ins-words-in-moon-in-the-day

17 hours ago, ferily said:

My current theory about why Han Ri Ta killed Do Ha is because she wanted to end his suffering with always obeying and listening to his dad and being a dog for his dad, so she really did love him but because she loves him so much, she decided to take matters in her own hands and end his life.

I thought the same, but now Im not really sure that's the reason... 

I understood that they ran away together, so why would she kill him?  :unsure:

I think that no matter how much she loved him, she still couldnt forget that he killed her entire family.  

they are so adorable in that scene...  :wub:

• Like 1

Here are the rating for Episode 10! :).

“A Good Day To Be A Dog” And “Moon In The Day” Continue Tight Ratings Battle

“A Good Day To Be A Dog” And “Moon In The Day” Continue Tight Ratings Battle

The fierce race for viewership continues!

ENA’s “Moon in the Day” achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.7 percent, enjoying a small boost from the previous episode’s rating of 1.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1629300wpp/a-good-day-to-be-a-dog-and-moon-in-the-day-continue-tight-ratings-battle

On 11/28/2023 at 2:54 PM, rocher22 said:

I thought the same, but now Im not really sure that's the reason... 

I understood that they ran away together, so why would she kill him?  :unsure:

I think that no matter how much she loved him, she still couldnt forget that he killed her entire family.  

But I don't think the reason why she killed him was to take revenge for her family because at that point, I am pretty sure she truly loved Doha and didn't want to kill him.

My original theory was that Han Ri Ta killed Doha to escape the grasp of his stepfather but after watching episode 10 and episode 11 preview, it seems like Doha might've been protecting Ri Ta from everyone who's trying to capture her because she killed the stepfather herself? I feel like that would make the most logic sense because the stepfather has a scar like Doha does too and that's the reason why he's out to get Yeong Hwa. So I feel like my theory kinda got thrown out the window, but I will say that she could've killed Doha because he was put in that situation because of her? I'm not really sure anymore haha... I just need to know the reason already

• Like 2

Balance Game...I like her dress...

the pinky promise.... :wub:

GAHZNvJXgAARe6u?format=jpg&name=small

On 12/3/2023 at 12:47 AM, Tina123 said:

Does anyone know the title of the instrumental song that’s playing in the scene where Do Ha saves FL at the cliff (episode 10)? Thank you! 

I though it was from the OST Part 5...but Im not sure...

• Like 1

Spoiler

5 Painful Realizations In Episodes 9-10 Of “Moon In The Day” That Don’t Bode Well For Pyo Ye Jin & Kim Young Dae

5 Painful Realizations In Episodes 9-10 Of “Moon In The Day” That Don’t Bode Well For Pyo Ye Jin & Kim Young Dae

Moon in the Day” may just have one of the best couples of the year. Do Ha (Kim Young Dae) and Kang Young Hwa (Pyo Ye Jin) may be riddled with more baggage than an airport, but these two communicate nonstop and work things out together in the best of ways. However, a series of major realizations this week threaten to bring back the past in the worst of ways. History may be about to repeat itself, but can Do Ha and Young Hwa stop it this time?

Warning: spoilers for episodes 9-10 below.

1. Do Ha is in love with Young Hwa

Do Ha has finally caught up to the fact that the rest of us viewers already figured out: he can’t kill Young Hwa because he’s in love with her. She’s quite literally who Ri Ta would have been if she’d been born in a better period of history. And any conflation of Young Hwa with Ri Ta isn’t foolish or disrespectful to Young Hwa because she’s reliving that life and vividly identifying with Ri Ta’s feelings for Do Ha.

In essence, she’s becoming both women, and he loves who she was and who she is now. And it’s for that reason that Do Ha tells her that she doesn’t have to keep trying to remember the past. He doesn’t want her to realize how their story ended, and he’s convinced himself that the reason he was stuck around her for 1,500 years was because of his lingering feelings. Part of him seems to be somewhat aware that this isn’t true because he wanted to enter the afterlife and cease being stuck neither living nor free in death. But it’s wishful thinking on his part because he just really doesn’t want to kill her. It’s too bad that Han Min Oh (On Joo Wan) is on his way to do just that.

Spoiler

db96fd4a84c03242405dfeba161d28b55f08e218.gifv

leedongwook

Soribu (Lee Kyung Young) in Seok Chul Hwan’s (Jung Woong In’s) body has convinced Min Oh that all he needs to do to restore his brother Han Jun Oh (Kim Young Dae) back to him is to kill Young Hwa. He frames it as a result of Young Hwa’s karma in her past lives and reveals that Young Hwa knows that Jun Oh isn’t Jun Oh. Min Oh notices the way Young Hwa keeps covering for Do Ha and falls for Soribu’s scheme, hook, line, and sinker. Do Ha’s also realized that Min Oh’s acting weird, and we get a great explanation for why Do Ha hasn’t been properly acting as Jun Oh (it would have been great if we got it earlier though)—it’s because he doesn’t feel comfortable rifling through Jun Oh’s memories even though he has access to them.

At the end of the day, Do Ha was a Goryeo warrior and using the memories of his body’s former inhabitant as camouflage feels like a terrible invasion of privacy, especially since he thinks he’s not going to be here for long. And that’s the one thing that Young Hwa’s starting to realize that she’s not okay with.

2. Young Hwa is in love with Do Ha

The more Young Hwa dreams of Do Ha, the more she sees what a good man he was despite the horrible things he was forced to do during that time. At first, when she contrasted that with how free he is now and how happy he’s been on the few times she was able to give him everyday experiences that others have, she just wanted him to have more happiness in his life before he has to die. But she realized that it was equally about her wanting him to stay with her as it was to see him happy. So when ever-honest Do Ha admits that his lingering feelings toward her might be what have tied him to her for 1,500 years, she immediately speaks up (I love this so much about her) and asks if he can’t stay for longer, given that she, too, wants him to stay and isn’t ready to let him go.

Spoiler

b88501517d3ed33f4e5007739e9126ee53d4d812.gifv

leedongwook

But this lovely declaration is interrupted by Min Oh who’s gotten his plan going. He gets Young Hwa to bring Do Ha to an isolated location on a “camping trip.” She thinks that Do Ha will get to enjoy his first-ever vacation. Only, Min Oh drugs Do Ha and swears to kick him out of Jun Oh’s body and lures Young Hwa to a cliff and pushes her off. Do Ha wakes up and panics, realizing that Min Oh must have gone after Young Hwa. But Young Hwa’s a tenacious one and clings to the rocks until Do Ha arrives and drags her to safety. Both of them realize that they can’t let the other go. But first, Do Ha has to deal with Min Oh.

Spoiler

f15ccda4f88c00ea988bf8e51e1bb1f9361d34c4.gifv

leedongwook

3. Jun Oh really is dead

To give Min Oh some credit, he didn’t really want to kill Young Hwa, but just like Do Ha would do and has done anything for Ri Ta and Young Hwa, Min Oh’s the same when it comes to Jun Oh. Min Oh is shaken but also relieved that Young Hwa died and is also heartbroken because he doesn’t know how to get Jun Oh back. Do Ha is furious but also has compassion for Min Oh’s position. He tells Min Oh that there was never getting Jun Oh back because Jun Oh is definitively dead. Do Ha entered his body hours later when it was in the morgue. I’m really hoping that the show sticks to this because it would be just strange if Jun Oh started to try and show up after all these declarations that he’s gone for good.

Spoiler

d95028a24feb077edf8f2ec33e17282231e2c62b.gifv

leedongwook

Min Oh asks Do Ha if it means that that person was lying, and Do Ha realizes that there’s something that he’s missed. Something that he may have missed for 1,500 years in fact. Because if there’s someone running around telling Min Oh to kill Young Hwa and who knows that he’s a ghost, then there’s a third party to their curse.

4. Young Hwa has always died before her 30th birthday

Young Hwa’s no idiot and confronts Do Ha on what he’s hiding from her. He’d warned her that she was in danger and had predicted that Min Oh might try to harm her beforehand. She asks why he isn’t giving her the full truth and why he’s somehow convinced that he doesn’t need her to break his curse anymore. Do Ha can’t bring himself to tell her that she killed him, but he gives her the other half of the truth. All her reincarnations have died before the age of 30. Not a single one has lived past that age. He’s hated it and was hurt at not being able to do anything to stop her deaths while in ghost form, but he’s put it down to 30 just being her time to go. Yet, it seems that something much more dangerous is at work.

Spoiler

464dc07bb1909349e4bee2cdb90a1e3ba1cdf97d.gifv

leedongwook

After recalling Do Ha giving Ri Ta the lotus seed prayer beads that ended up in Young Hwa’s protection bracelet over a thousand years later, Young Hwa goes to the monks at the temple to ask what she might have done as Ri Ta for a curse to follow not only her but the people she touched, like Do Ha. The monks tell her that it’s up to her to remember, but no matter how she racks her mind, she only has one key realization: she’s in love with Do Ha, and he may not be long for this world. Until, a familiar figure steps in.

5. Seok Chul Hwan is Soribu

Spoiler

3a339843c9809f73fa4fb3226da6749176098637.gifv

leedongwook

Soribu has been having a blast manipulating everyone in sight, which indicates that this isn’t his first rodeo. He seems to be following the same logic as Do Ha where he thinks that killing Young Hwa will help him but with a twist. He’s out to stay here for as long as it appears. He tells a terrified Min Oh (who tried to confront him) that it’s only if Young Hwa dies that Soribu’s stab wound disappears, presumably meaning that he can live in Chul Hwan’s body until it dies of old age. Can this magic work on Do Ha, please? Stabbing Soribu saves Do Ha? Please, show! Do Ha’s hot on Chul Hwan’s trail but hasn’t put it together that he’s Soribu. But Young Hwa has because Soribu confronts her in the middle of the street, and she hears him speak and knows. And that’s where we leave off!

Spoiler

329ce6a49695f2038dbb6bb0b32fa9f6ac19d6b1.gifv

leedongwook

This show is wafer-thin when it comes to any character/plot that isn’t our main trio: Do Ha, Young Hwa, and Soribu, but given how explosive the main couple’s chemistry is, I’m not complaining. These two just light up the screen, and the Goryeo scenes always hit so hard and are acted with tremendous pathos. In the present, Jun Oh’s ex-girlfriend Jung Yi Seul (Jung Shin Hye) is threatening to ruin him. Soribu is insane, and that cruel master, fate, has put a deadline on Do Ha’s present body, so anything could go either way with only four episodes left. Next week shows Young Hwa realizing that she killed Do Ha, and we’ll probably finally see why (or they’ll save it for the finale). There’s been a decent amount of divergence from the webtoon, and Do Ha and Young Hwa deserve everything, so here’s hoping that we get some form of deus ex machina. Finding peace doesn’t have to be death, Do Ha! You can find it in fried chicken places here too!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624104wpp/5-painful-realizations-in-episodes-9-10-of-moon-in-the-day-that-dont-bode-well-for-pyo-ye-jin-kim-young-dae

Here are the rating for Episode 11! :).

“A Good Day To Be A Dog” And “Moon In The Day” Continue Fierce Race In Viewership Ratings

“A Good Day To Be A Dog” And “Moon In The Day” Continue Fierce Race In Viewership Ratings

The tight battle for ratings continue!

ENA’s “Moon in the Day” also achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.8 percent, seeing a slight increase from the previous episode’s record of 1.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1630429wpp/a-good-day-to-be-a-dog-and-moon-in-the-day-continue-fierce-race-in-viewership-ratings

Here are the rating for Episode 12! :).

“Moon In The Day” Heads Into Final Week On Steady Ratings

“Moon In The Day” Heads Into Final Week On Steady Ratings

ENA’s “Moon in the Day” is gearing up for the final week of its run!

On December 7, viewership ratings for the fantasy romance drama starring Kim Young Dae and Pyo Ye Jin remained relatively stable ahead of its final two episodes.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Moon in the Day” scored a nationwide average of 1.6 percent, matching its ratings from last Thursday.

The final two episodes of the drama will air on December 13 and 14 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1630687wpp/moon-in-the-day-heads-into-final-week-on-steady-ratings

Here are the rating for Episode 13! :).

“A Good Day To Be A Dog” And “Moon In The Day” Are Neck-And-Neck In Close Ratings Battle

“A Good Day To Be A Dog” And “Moon In The Day” Are Neck-And-Neck In Close Ratings Battle

The Wednesday evening dramas continue their fierce ratings race!

Meanwhile, episode 13 of ENA’s “Moon in the Day” achieved an average nationwide rating of 1.5 percent, seeing a small dip from its previous episode’s rating of 1.8 percent. “Moon in the Day” will air its final episode on December 14 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631715wpp/a-good-day-to-be-a-dog-and-moon-in-the-day-are-neck-and-neck-in-close-ratings-battle