[Current Drama 2024] No Gain, No Love /Because I Want No Loss, 손해 보기 싫어서-Shin Min Ah & Kim Young-dae-Mon&Tue

larus

by Lily Alice, August 15, 2024
4  0

No Gain, No Love drops Han Ji Hyun's stills.

No Gain, No Love tells the story of Son Ha Young (Shin Min Ah), who gets married to Kim Ji Wook (Kim Young Dae) to avoid missing out on an opportunity for a job promotion at her workplace.

Han Ji Hyun plays writer Nam Ja Yeon. Under the pen name Yeon Bo Ra, she leads a double life and is a close friend of Son Hae Yeong (Shin Min Ah).

The actress said, "Ja Yeon is really cute and intriguing. I feel that working on this project is a chance to show viewers a different kind of acting."

jQ32bb_2f.pngRegarding her character, the actress revealed, "Though Ja Yeon has a timid personality, she is bright and cheerful at home. She dislikes being a burden to anyone and is a kind person who wants to help Hae Young." Han Ji Hyun also mentioned, "Before starting, I thought a lot [about the character], but as filming progressed, I naturally immersed myself into the character. Furthermore, she noted, "Ja Yeon's world revolves entirely around Hae Young. Please pay attention to how Ja Yeon changes after meeting Hae Young and how the connection between the two characters unfolds."

Regarding her chemistry with fellow actors, Han Ji Hyun said, "When I saw Shin Min Ah's  affectionate gaze, I found myself naturally becoming emotionally immersed." She added, "I was very happy to work with Kim Young Dae again and everyone, including Lee Sang Yi, was warm, making the filming period truly a happy time."

No Gain, No Love will premiere on August 26. The K-drama will be streaming on Prime Video. 

Han Ji Hyun Attempts a New Character Transformation in "No Gain, No Love" - MyDramaList

Shin Min Ah, Kim Young Dae, Han Ji Hyun, Lee Sang Yi, And Lee Yoo Jin Are All Smiles On Set Of

Shin Min Ah, Kim Young Dae, Han Ji Hyun, Lee Sang Yi, And Lee Yoo Jin Are All Smiles On Set Of "No Gain No Love"

tvN’s “No Gain No Love” has unveiled a sneak peek at the cast behind the scenes!

On August 18, upcoming drama “No Gain No Love” unveiled lively behind-the-scenes photos of the cast.

Penned by writer Kim Hye Young of “Her Private Life,” “No Gain No Love” is a rom-com drama that tells the story of Son Hae Young (Shin Min Ah), a woman who fakes her marriage because she doesn’t want to take any loss and Kim Ji Wook (Kim Young Dae), a man who becomes her fake husband because he doesn’t want to cause any harm.

Shin Min Ah plays Son Hae Young, who hates taking losses when it comes to her life and love. In the behind-the-scenes stills, the actress shares a bright smile on set while working with the cast and crew, raising anticipation for her latest rom-com transformation.

Kim Young Dae, who takes on the role of convenience store part-timer Kim Ji Wook, immerses himself into his role and also converses with director Kim Jung Sik. Despite covering his face with his long hair to portray the role of Kim Ji Wook, Kim Young Dae’s gentle smile is evident in the photos.

In addition, Lee Sang Yi, who portrays CEO Bok Gyu Hyun who doesn’t believe in marriage, focuses intently on monitoring his scenes after filming. Han Ji Hyun, who plays his counterpart as Nam Ja Yeon, a web novelist who writes mature stories, proudly holds up her script decorated with stickers. Lee Yoo Jin, who plays Bok Gyu Hyun’s secretary Yeo Ha Joon, further amps up excitement for the cast’s synergy.

no-gain-no-love-.jpg

“No Gain No Love” is set to premiere on August 26 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682275wpp/shin-min-ah-kim-young-dae-han-ji-hyun-lee-sang-yi-and-lee-yoo-jin-are-all-smiles-on-set-of-no-gain-no-love

• Like 1

Watch: Shin Min Ah Marries Part-Timer Kim Young Dae For Her Personal Gain In New

Watch: Shin Min Ah Marries Part-Timer Kim Young Dae For Her Personal Gain In New "No Gain No Love" Highlight Video

Ahead of its premiere, tvN’s upcoming drama “No Gain No Love” has released a teaser video, offering a glimpse into its story!

Penned by writer Kim Hye Young of “Her Private Life,” “No Gain No Love” is a rom-com drama that tells the story of Son Hae Young (Shin Min Ah), a woman who fakes her marriage because she doesn’t want to take any loss and Kim Ji Wook (Kim Young Dae), a man who becomes her fake husband because he doesn’t want to cause any harm.

The teaser begins by introducing Son Hae Young. After breaking up with her boyfriend, she attempts to reclaim the congratulatory money she gave him for his wedding. However, her now-married ex-boyfriend insists he will return the money only when she gets married.

Another scene highlights how Hae Young’s company favors employees who are married, pregnant, or have children, as it aligns with their business model of generating revenue from private education expenses. Furthermore, the company establishes a new task force under the CEO’s direct control, a group no unmarried woman has ever joined.

In response to these conditions, Hae Young decides to marry to gain a promotion, retrieve her congratulatory money, and enjoy company benefits. She turns to a prickly part-time convenience store worker, Kim Ji Wook, and proposes a fake marriage.

As the teaser progresses, the fake couple’s relationship seems to grow closer as they are shown together having a beachside date together. Viewers are left intrigued about whether their pretend relationship might evolve into something real.

Watch the full video here!

“No Gain No Love” is set to premiere on August 26 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682635wpp/watch-shin-min-ah-marries-part-timer-kim-young-dae-for-her-personal-gain-in-new-no-gain-no-love-highlight-video

Watch: Kim Young Dae And Shin Min Ah Shift From Employee-Customer Dynamic To Fake Lovers In New Drama

Watch: Kim Young Dae And Shin Min Ah Shift From Employee-Customer Dynamic To Fake Lovers In New Drama "No Gain No Love"

Ahead of its premiere, tvN’s upcoming drama “No Gain No Love” has released the first episode teaser!

The teaser kicks off with Son Hae Young attending her ex-boyfriend’s wedding. The clip also introduces Kim Ji Wook and Hae Young’s relationship, which starts in a convenience store. Their playful banter and casual interactions lay the groundwork for their dynamic.

As the teaser progresses, Hae Young demands her ex to return the congratulatory money she gifted him for his wedding. He responds that he will only return it once Hae Young is married. The teaser wraps up with a striking moment: Ji Wook asks, “Are you looking for something?” to which Hae Young replies, “A groom.” This intriguing exchange suggests the real reason behind Hae Young’s quest for a fake marriage with Ji Wook, leaving viewers curious about how their story will develop.

Check out the first episode teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682774wpp/watch-kim-young-dae-and-shin-min-ah-shift-from-employee-customer-dynamic-to-fake-lovers-in-new-drama-no-gain-no-love

Spoiler

Shin Min Ah, Kim Young Dae, Lee Sang Yi, And Han Ji Hyun Dish On Their Upcoming Drama “No Gain No Love”

Shin Min Ah, Kim Young Dae, Lee Sang Yi, And Han Ji Hyun Dish On Their Upcoming Drama “No Gain No Love”

tvN’s “No Gain No Love” cast has shared their thoughts on the upcoming drama at a press conference!

On August 19, “No Gain No Love” held a press conference with director Kim Jung Sik and actors Shin Min Ah, Kim Young Dae, Lee Sang Yi, and Han Ji Hyun.

Shin Min Ah discussed her character, saying, “Hae Young is someone who weighs whether things are worth the trouble, but she’s also a bold character with her own goals. She doesn’t want to harm others and avoids losing out while remaining respectful. Besides her boldness, she’s also very lovable. In some ways, she might remind you of the kind of older sister you’d like to have. I hope viewers can really connect with her.”

Spoiler

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-8.jpg

The actress talked about being drawn to the project by the script, explaining, “The script is so engaging. The characters are well-defined, and the story is clear. I was also drawn to the stories with a human touch within the relationships. The connections between the characters might seem light, but there are many deeply intertwined elements that will resonate with a lot of people.”

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-5.jpg

Shin Min Ah added, “I thought about playing a bright character with a strong sense of purpose, so I tried to follow Hae Young as a character. There are moments with strong language and direct lines, which is unusual for me in comedy. I rarely used such language before, and it was fun to figure out how to make it feel realistic. It turned out to be easier than expected and enjoyable. Mixing in the strong language helped convey the emotions accurately.”

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-7.jpg

Kim Young Dae, who plays Kim Ji Wook, a convenience store night shift employee, said he prepared for the role by visiting a local convenience store often. “I was interested in what employees do while they’re working and on breaks. As I looked into their routines, I ended up buying a lot of frozen food. Unlike the glamorous roles I’ve played before, this character is more ordinary, so I closely observed and studied people around me.”

Kim Young Dae dished on his reason for choosing the project, sharing, “I found the realistic script very interesting. It was an honor because I had closely watched many of the director’s previous projects. When I learned that Shin Min Ah was part of the project, I didn’t hesitate to take the role and felt truly honored.”

Spoiler

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-10.jpg

The chemistry between Shin Min Ah and Kim Young Dae is also highly anticipated. Kim Young Dae said, “I was very nervous when I first met Shin Min Ah because I admired her work since high school. With her celebrity status and beauty, I was concerned about performing comfortably. However, on set, I often saw her as Hae Young rather than just Shin Min Ah. She was very considerate and dedicated, and I learned a lot from her. Every time I went to the set, it was truly moving. I hope we can be known as the ‘Pangpang Couple’ since we share a connection through Pangpang Jelly.”

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-1.jpg

Lee Sang Yi plays Bok Gyu Hyun, a single CEO and skeptic of fairy-tale romance who is a third-generation heir to a conglomerate. He explained his character’s unique appeal, saying, “This role features many interesting dynamics in each relationship. With author Ja Yeon and department head Hae Young, he shows his CEO authority and leadership. But with his secretary, their relationship has a playful chemistry. Since he’s a CEO, I often wore tailored suits, so I paid close attention to the wardrobe.”

Spoiler

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-12.jpg

Han Ji Hyun plays Nam Ja Yeon, a well-known R-rated web novel writer who writes about love. She said, “It can nearly be considered a dual role. I read a lot of web novels and webtoons and imagined a lot while thinking, ‘This is how they were written.’ When I first received and read the script, I became very curious about how the story unfolds in the later parts.”

Spoiler

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-14.jpg

Both the actor and director highlighted that relationships are a central focus of the drama. Shin Min Ah said, “Key aspects to watch are the fake marriage and office couple storyline with Kim Young Dae, as well as the love story between Lee Sang Yi and Han Ji Hyun. Since this is a romantic comedy, we hope viewers will enjoy seeing how each couple’s love story unfolds in its own unique way.”

Spoiler

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-3.jpg

no-gain-no-love-press-conference-6.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682709wpp/shin-min-ah-kim-young-dae-lee-sang-yi-and-han-ji-hyun-dish-on-their-upcoming-drama-no-gain-no-love

Watch: Shin Min Ah Struggles To

Watch: Shin Min Ah Struggles To "Propose" To Kim Young Dae At His Part-Time Job In "No Gain No Love" Teaser

tvN has shared a new sneak peek of its upcoming drama “No Gain No Love”!

“No Gain No Love” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of Son Hae Young (Shin Min Ah), a woman who fakes a marriage to avoid missing out on a promotion at work. Kim Young Dae will star as Kim Ji Wook, the man who agrees to become her fake husband.

The newly released preview begins with Son Hae Young approaching Kim Ji Wook at his part-time job at a local convenience store. As she awkwardly tries to broach the subject of needing a “last-minute” bridegroom, she is repeatedly interrupted by customers complaining that the microwave isn’t working and asking whether certain items are in stock.

“The thing is,” she begins, “I need to get married… I need to get married quickly. So I have to find a groom…”

When she is interrupted for the fourth time, Son Hae Young suddenly spins around and yells at the high school student asking Kim Ji Wook for help. Advising her not to eat the intensely spicy food she was looking for, Son Hae Young brusquely tells her to take good care of her organs while they’re “still new.”

Then, to Kim Ji Wook’s shock, she turns to scold the male students making noise while eating ramen by the window. Son Hae Young cracks up the female customers by telling the high school boys, “Eat quietly, you guys. Don’t you know that if you talk while you eat, you wind up farting?”

As the teenagers sheepishly make for the exit, she sternly reminds them to throw out the leftover soup from their ramen before leaving. “We were going to,” one of the students replies meekly. Son Hae Young then praises all of the customers on their way out, saying, “Good job. Get home safe. You did good.”

The preview ends with an unamused Kim Ji Wook asking her, “What are you doing?”

Check out the new preview below!

“No Gain No Love” will premiere on August 26 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683214wpp/watch-shin-min-ah-struggles-to-propose-to-kim-young-dae-at-his-part-time-job-in-no-gain-no-love-teaser

Shin Min Ah Expresses Affection For Her Character In Upcoming Rom-Com Drama

Shin Min Ah Expresses Affection For Her Character In Upcoming Rom-Com Drama "No Gain No Love"

Get ready for Shin Min Ah’s transformation in “No Gain No Love”!

Penned by writer Kim Hye Young of “Her Private Life,” “No Gain No Love” is a rom-com drama that tells the story of Son Hae Young (Shin Min Ah), a woman who fakes her marriage because she doesn’t want to suffer any losses, and Kim Ji Wook (Kim Young Dae), a man who becomes her fake husband because he doesn’t want to cause any harm.

Shin Min Ah will play Son Hae Young, who hates to suffer a loss in any situation, no matter when, where, and with whom. With her quick calculation skills, Hae Young assesses profit and loss in every aspect of her life, including studies, relationships, and work. When she is at risk of missing out on a promotion at her company, she plans a fake marriage.

Throughout her career, Shin Min Ah has captivated viewers with her versatility, bringing her unique charm to a wide range of roles across various genres. She has consistently created lovable characters in dramas such as “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho,” “Oh My Venus,” “Tomorrow with You,” and “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

Often referred to as the “rom-com queen,” Shin Min Ah has always brought a bubbly and charming aura to her roles. However, in this new drama, she will showcase a different side of herself with R-rated lines and even profane language.

At the drama’s recent press conference, Shin Min Ah expressed her affection for her character, saying, “Son Hae Young is calculating, but she follows her own set of rules and boldly pursues her goals. She knows how to avoid losses while still being polite and considerate, without bringing harm to others, which makes her both strong-willed and lovable. She also has a refreshing charm that makes you wish you had an older sister or friend like her.”

She added, “I was drawn to the [drama’s] relatable stories, and the relationships between the characters may seem light yet deeply intertwined, which I believe will resonate with viewers. I think many people will find the characters relatable.”

shin-min-ah-2.jpg

In “No Gain No Love,” Shin Min Ah will act out a heart-fluttering romance with Kim Young Dae and also display a genuine sisterly chemistry with Han Ji Hyun and Joo Min Kyung, who are closer to her character than family. Additionally, she will portray the challenges of a Korean office worker striving for a promotion, adding a realistic touch that will resonate with viewers.

shin-min-ah-3.jpg

“No Gain No Love” is set to premiere on August 26 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683309wpp/shin-min-ah-expresses-affection-for-her-character-in-upcoming-rom-com-drama-no-gain-no-love

20240825025822_Shin-Min-Ah.jpg?s=900x600Shin Min Ah Catches The Bouquet At Her Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding In "No Gain No Love"

Aug 25, 2024
by E Cha

Shin Min Ah will make an unforgettable appearance at her ex-boyfriend’s wedding in tvN’s upcoming drama “No Gain No Love”!

“No Gain No Love” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of Son Hae Young (Shin Min Ah), a woman who fakes a marriage to avoid missing out on a promotion at work. Kim Young Dae will star as Kim Ji Wook, the man who agrees to become her fake husband.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Son Hae Young goes to a colleague’s wedding—only for things to take an unexpected turn. After Hae Young suffers a major shock, her expression quickly hardens, and the work colleagues around her become confused about the situation.

Shortly afterwards, Hae Young causes a scene by lifting a tablecloth with a determined expression, while the other guests look on in shock.

Shin-Min-Ah-2-1.jpg

In a final photo, Hae Young seems surprised to have caught the bride’s bouquet at the wedding.

More

• Like 2

Premiere Watch: No Gain No Love

by missvictrix

news_1724047124_1397249_m_1.jpeg

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Rom-com
Episode count: 12
Global Streamer: Amazon Prime

Reasons to watch: For those of you who had second lead syndrome (SLS) for Lee Sang-yi when he played second fiddle in Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha and didn’t win the love of Shin Mina — well, get ready for more, because he’s not the lead here either! Instead, the contract groom in our story is one Kim Young-dae, playing a convenience store part-timer who just so happens to fit our heroine’s perfect fake husband profile. With a scheming heroine who’s hurt and risk-averse, and a hero who (as balance would suggest) is more willing to walk on a limb for love, this rom-com is screaming “WATCH ME!” — especially with the writer of Her Private Life penning our scripts.

TL;DR: Shin Mina being her cute rom-com self

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/premiere-watch-no-gain-no-love/

Press conference pictures

4KGGMHDI4WXKSU2CV6LZ4FIXGM.jpg?auth=f5ab

• Like 1

Shin Min Ah And Kim Young Dae Are The Ultimate Contrasting Personalities In "No Gain No Love"

Aug 26, 2024
by M Lim

tvN’s latest drama “No Gain No Love” has unveiled a glimpse into the starkly different personalities of Shin Min Ah and Kim Young Dae’s characters!

Son Hae Young is a meticulous character who specializes in calculating profit and loss, both in life and love. With a sharp mind, she immediately assesses the break-even point whenever there’s a potential for loss. Thanks to her straightforward and bold personality, Hae Young doesn’t hold back in her words or actions.

In the newly released stills, Hae Young is deep in thought, holding her wallet as she carefully considers how much wedding gift money to give without putting herself at a disadvantage.

no-gain-no-love-1-1.jpeg

Spoiler

no-gain-no-love-3.jpeg

On the other hand, Kim Ji Wook is someone who despises causing inconvenience to others. A perfect part-timer with great work skills and diligence, Ji Wook is known as an angel in his neighborhood. However, Hae Young, whose personality is the complete opposite of his, views him as a nuisance.

The stills also showcase Ji Wook’s altruistic nature as he voluntarily takes on the role of a neighborhood guardian, always at the forefront as a “citizen police” to ensure the safety of the residents.

no-gain-no-love-2.jpeg

Spoiler

no-gain-no-love-4.jpeg

“No Gain No Love” premieres on August 26 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684027wpp/shin-min-ah-and-kim-young-dae-are-the-ultimate-contrasting-personalities-in-no-gain-no-love

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] No Gain, No Love /Because I Want No Loss, 손해 보기 싫어서-Shin Min Ah & Kim Young-dae-Mon&Tue

20240826090454_kim-young-dae-shin-min-ahShin Min Ah Makes A Shocking Offer To Kim Young Dae In "No Gain No Love"

Aug 26, 2024
by M Lim

“No Gain No Love” has unveiled new stills ahead of its highly anticipated premiere tonight!

The newly released stills capture a tense encounter between Hae Young and Ji Wook at a convenience store. Hae Young, who has a natural knack for calculating profit and loss and values the break-even point, is seen drinking alone in front of the store, sparking curiosity about what might have led to this moment.

no-gain-no-love-01-1.jpeg

Fueled by alcohol, Hae Young approaches Ji Wook, the convenience store employee who frequently clashes with her. Despite her intense stare, Ji Wook tries to maintain his composure but is left stunned by Hae Young’s surprising proposal.

no-gain-no-love-02-2.jpeg

Spoiler

no-gain-no-love-03.jpeg

no-gain-no-love-04.jpeg

no-gain-no-love-05.jpeg

The production team teased, “In the first episode, the stories of Hae Young, who hates losing, and Ji Wook, who despises causing inconvenience to others, will come to light. The dynamic between Ji Wook who doesn’t understand Hae Young and Hae Young’s persistence in making Ji Wook do something he clearly doesn’t want to do will offer an intriguing storyline.”

“No Gain No Love” premieres on August 26 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684053wpp/shin-min-ah-makes-a-shocking-offer-to-kim-young-dae-in-no-gain-no-love

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

20240827015621_monday-0827.jpg?s=900x600

"Your Honor" Soars To New All-Time High As "No Gain No Love" Joins Ratings Race

Meanwhile, tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “No Gain No Love” premiered to an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent.

“No Gain No Love” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of Son Hae Young (Shin Min Ah), a woman who fakes a marriage to avoid missing out on a promotion at work. Kim Young Dae stars as Kim Ji Wook, the man who agrees to become her fake husband.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684157wpp/your-honor-soars-to-new-all-time-high-as-no-gain-no-love-joins-ratings-race

• Like 1

20240827091203_no-gain-no-love-001.jpg?sKim Young Dae Is Stunned By Shin Min Ah’s Unconventional Wedding Dress Choice In "No Gain No Love"

Aug 27, 2024
by M Lim

“No Gain No Love” has shared interesting new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“No Gain No Love” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of Son Hae Young (Shin Min Ah), a woman who fakes a marriage to avoid missing out on a promotion at work. Kim Young Dae will star as Kim Ji Wook, the man who agrees to become her fake husband.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Hae Young confronted her ex-boyfriend Ahn Woo Jae (Go Wook) head-on after discovering he had cheated on her, offering viewers a sense of satisfaction. Faced with the discouraging rumor that the promotion she sought was reserved for married women, Hae Young then proposed to Ji Wook, a convenience store worker who has been notably unfriendly towards her, asking him to be her groom.

The newly released stills capture Hae Young and Ji Wook at a bridal store, suggesting that preparations for the wedding might be underway, raising questions about whether Ji Wook will seriously consider Hae Young’s bold proposal.

no-gain-no-love-06.jpeg

Other stills show Hae Young in an extravagant blush wedding dress paired with wine-colored gloves, leaving Ji Wook visibly shocked by her appearance.

no-gain-no-love-01-2.jpeg

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684275wpp/kim-young-dae-is-stunned-by-shin-min-ahs-unconventional-wedding-dress-choice-in-no-gain-no-love

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

20240828015331_your-honor.jpeg?s=900x600

"Your Honor" Achieves No. 1 Ratings With New Personal Best

On the other hand, the second episode of tvN’s “No Gain No Love” earned an average nationwide rating of 3.8 percent, seeing a small increase from its premiere episode’s rating of 3.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1684437wpp/your-honor-achieves-no-1-ratings-with-new-personal-best

by Lily Alice, August 27, 2024
17 5

tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama No Gain, No Love started off strong, scoring 3.67% (nationwide) and 4.07% (metropolitan). Moreover, the K-drama also ranked on Prime Video's Top 10 lists in 39 countries (FlixPatrol) in just one day of its release.

No Gain, No Love tells the story of Son Ha Young (Shin Min Ah), who marries Kim Ji Wook (Kim Young Dae) to avoid missing out on a job promotion opportunity at her workplace.

jQ36RB_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama No Gain, No Love?

Episode 2 of No Gain, No Love will air on August 27 (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Prime Video.

https://mydramalist.com/article/shin-min-ah-and-kim-young-dae-s-no-gain-no-love-premieres-with-strong-ratings

by lo_ve, August 29, 2024

Actress Kim Jung Eun is returning to the small screen!

On August 29, tvN confirmed that Kim Jung Eun will make a special cameo appearance in the ongoing romantic comedy K-drama No Gain, No Love

Kim Jung Eun decided to cameo to show her support to director Kim Jung Shik. The two previously worked together in the hit K-drama Strong Girl Namsoon

This will be the first appearance of the actress in any show for 2024. She was last seen in Strong Girl Namsoon and worked alongside Lee You Mi, Kim Hae Sook, Ong Seong Wu, Byeon Woo Seok, Park Young Tak, and more. 

Kim Jung Eun is known for being part of the K-dramas My Dangerous Wife, Duel, Ohlala Couple, Korean Peninsula, Lovers, Lovers in Paris, and more. 

The actress hasn't confirmed any upcoming projects yet after Strong Girl Namsoon. 

XdzV1q_2f.png

No Gain, No Love premiered earlier this week. The K-drama achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent.

The K-drama is being led by Shin Min Ah, Kim Young Dae, Lee Sang Yi, and Han Ji Hyun.

No Gain, No Love tells the romance story of a woman who decided to fake a wedding to not lose money and a part-time worker who accepted her offer to be the fake groom.

There are no details yet on the character that will be portrayed by Kim Jung Eun. 

The K-drama is the joint work of director Kim Jung Shik (Strong Girl Namsoon and Work Later, Drink Now) and writer Kim Hye Young (Her Private Life).

No Gain, No Love airs every Monday and Tuesday at 8:50 PM KST. The series can be viewed both on  TVING and tvN. The K-drama will have a total of 12 episodes. 

Source

Actress Kim Jung Eun to make a special cameo appearance in "No Gain, No Love" - MyDramaList

• Like 1

Byeon Woo Seok Confirmed To Make Special Appearance In

Byeon Woo Seok Confirmed To Make Special Appearance In "No Gain No Love"

Lovely Runner” star Byeon Woo Seok will be making a special appearance in “No Gain No Love”!

On August 30, a media outlet reported that Byeon Woo Seok will appear in the tvN drama “No Gain No Love” as a cameo.

In response to the report, the production team of “No Gain No Love” announced, “Byeon Woo Seok will be making a special appearance in ‘No Gain No Love.'” They further explained, “This special appearance came about due to his connection with [the drama’s] director Kim Jung Sik.”

Byeon Woo Seok and director Kim Jung Sik previously worked together on the JTBC drama “Strong Girl Namsoon,” which concluded last November.

“No Gain No Love” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of Son Hae Young (Shin Min Ah), a woman who fakes a marriage to avoid missing out on a promotion at work. Kim Young Dae stars as Kim Ji Wook, the man who agrees to become her fake husband.

Byeon Woo Seok’s cameo appearance in “No Gain No Love” is reportedly scheduled to air next week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1685088wpp/byeon-woo-seok-confirmed-to-make-special-appearance-in-no-gain-no-love

• Like 1

No Gain No Love: Episodes 1-2

by Unit

No Gain No Love takes us on a journey of marriage — which we quickly learn is more than a lifetime commitment born out of love. When our leading lady realizes the wedding aisle is her pathway to career advancement and financial benefits, she sets out to find a groom that ticks all the boxes for her contract wedding of the century.

EPISODES 1-2

Right off the bat, we’re introduced to our heroine, career woman SOHN HAE-YOUNG (Shin Mina), who hates suffering losses — from her mother’s love and attention she feels she lost to her foster siblings, to the time and energy she invested in her freeloading and sexually unsatisfying ex-boyfriends. Hae-young is a stickler for fairness who calculates everything based on gains and losses, and whenever the scales tip to loss, the offending party is shown the door.

On the other hand, we have our hero, KIM JI-WOOK (Kim Young-dae), a convenience store part-timer with a strong sense of justice. Aesthetics wise, the drama has set out to uglify him with nerd glasses and extra inches in his hair, and career wise, the man is not at all interested in getting a corporate job. According to Ji-wook, he is “doing something nobody knows about.” Perhaps, he’s a whistleblower living in hiding. Or an undercover detective. Or a secret member of the Avengers. I mean, the possibilities are endless.

Our hero and heroine have already met before the start of our story, so we don’t get a meet-cute. But who needs a meet-cute when the drama informs us that theirs was a hate at first sight. Delicious! According to Hae-young, Ji-wook hates her without a reason. But since hating her is his loss, Hae-young claims that her continuous patronage of the convenience store is to give him a good reason to hate her. Suuure, Jan, we all need a good excuse to execute the enemies to lovers trope.

Speaking of tropes, it would seem that our drama has decided on the sensible approach of creating two separate love lines instead of a needless love triangle. How fortunate for us. Championing the secondary arc is webnovel writer NAM JA-YEON (Han Ji-Hyun) who’s also Hae-young’s foster sister and housemate. Ja-yeon doesn’t have much experience in dating. But who needs experience to write smutty romance stories, right? Her readers might call her out on the unrealistic scenarios in her novel, but at least she’s got an avid fan whose positive comments outweigh the negatives for her.

As it turns out, Ja-yeon’s biggest fan is the mother of the other champion of our secondary love story, BOK GYU-HYUN (Lee Sang-yi). Gyu-hyun’s mom wears the pants at home, and I loved her the second I saw her blushing at spicy chapters in the novel. She’s just like me for real. The only difference is that Mom is a chaebol wife and I am not. *Sighs in broke* Towards the end of the week, Mom invests in the adaptation of Ja-yeon’s novel into an audio drama, and their first meeting was all shades of cute fangirling. I honestly can’t wait for more interactions between these two.

The Bok family owns Ggulbi Education — which is the company where Hae-young works. But being first place in employment desirability and brand reputation in the industry is not important to Chairman Bok because the company is second place revenue-wise. Chairman Bok berates CEO Gyu-hyun as an “incompetent pretender who can never be the best,” and he gives his son an ultimatum: pull the company up to number one in sales within a year, or get married. You know, since dialing 1-800-ARRANGED-MARRIAGE is the one-stop solution to uplifting businesses, threatening children, and basically everything else in dramaland. Tsk.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/no-gain-no-love-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1