[Current Drama 2024] The Atypical Family/Although I Am Not a Hero, 히어로는 아닙니다만-Chun Woo Hee & Jang Ki Yong- Sat&Sun@10:30 p.m. KST

larus

20240505091719_the-atypical-family-1-cop Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Grow Closer After An Unexpected Incident In "The Atypical Family"

May 05, 2024
by S Nam

JTBC’s “The Atypical Family” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“The Atypical Family” tells the story of Bok Gwi Joo (Jang Ki Yong) and his supernatural family who lost their powers after suffering from very realistic issues along with Do Da Hae (Chun Woo Hee), a mysterious woman who appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo’s family.

Spoilers

Following the reveal that Do Da Hae approached the Bok family for their wealth, the newly released stills raise anticipation for the next episode. In the photos, Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae appear to be caught up in a surprising predicament at the department store. Somehow, Bok Gwi Joo has torn Do Da Hae’s sleeve, looking flustered by the situation. Do Da Hae is also frozen in shock.

the-atypical-family-1-.jpeg

Nevertheless, more stills depict Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae growing closer as they share drinks together. In another photo, Do Da Hae affectionately grabs Bok Gwi Joo’s hand while saying something that will make Bok Gwi Joo flustered, causing him to look at Do Da Hae in both confusion and curiosity.

more 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659173wpp/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hee-grow-closer-after-an-unexpected-incident-in-the-atypical-family

by Lily Alice, May 3, 2024
4  0

Kim Su Hyun, aka Claudia Kim, shares her experience wearing special makeup for playing a character weighing over 100kg in The Atypical Family. 

On May 2, the press conference of JTBC's new weekend drama, The Atypical Family, was held in Mapo-gu, Seoul. Actors Jang Ki YongChun Woo Hee, Kim Su Hyun, Park So Yi, and director Jo Hyun Taek attended. 

The Atypical Family tells the story of a family of superpowered individuals who have lost their abilities due to chronic diseases common to modern-day people and a woman who becomes involved with them.  

In the K-drama, Kim Su Hyun plays  Bok Dong Hee, who lost her ability to fly after becoming overweight.

At the press conference, Kim Su Hyun explained why she chose the role: "I played a scary villain in my previous drama, and The Atypical Family had a brighter and more human touch to it, which I really liked. Also, I did not want to let the director down who considered me for this role." 

About her shocking transformation, she said, "I didn't recognize myself either," adding, "I really like trying new things. Actually, in the beginning, even my managers asked, 'It won't be pretty, will you be okay?' Nonetheless, I was surprised that they even considered me for this role. Also, if there were any prejudices about me in the past, I thought I could shatter them completely [by playing this character]." 

Director Jo Hyun Taek, listening to Kim Su Hyun, spoke about the efforts she put in for special makeup, saying, "It is really a more intense process than you think." 

He continued, "Before filming, she had to spend almost 7-8 hours each time getting the special makeup done, and after it [filming] ended, she had to get it removed. Doing such special makeup on an actress's skin can be uncomfortable and not good, so I am truly grateful that she made such a big decision." 

qYw6WP_2f.png

Director Jo also shared an interesting account about the staff not recognizing the actress after she had put on special makeup. He said, "Some staff members didn't even know it was Su Hyun and after seeing her said, 'I don't know who she is, but she would look pretty if she lost weight.'" 

WPB6n3_2f.png

Kim Su Hyun gained global recognition through Avengers: Age of Ultron. She was the first Korean actor to star in a Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) movie. Since then, she has starred in multiple Hollywood productions such as The Dark Tower and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. 

Despite having an impressive Hollywood filmography, Su Hyun confessed that she desires recognition in Korea above all, saying, "If there's something I want to gain through this drama, it's recognition, especially in Korea. I chose it [the drama] right away with a desire to work on it as soon as possible."

The Atypical Family will premiere on May 4. The K-drama will be available for streaming on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-didn-t-recognize-myself-either-the-atypical-family-claudia-kim-on-her-shocking-transformation

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, May 5, 2024
6  0

JTBC's weekend drama The Atypical Family premiered scoring ratings of 3.28% (nationwide) and 3.79% (metropolitan), a decent start for the fantasy drama. The K-drama stars Jang Ki Yong, Chun Woo Hee, Go Doo Shim, Kim Su Hyun, Park So Yi, Oh Man Seok, and others. 

The Atypical Family tells the story of a family of superpowered individuals who have lost their abilities due to chronic diseases common to modern-day people, and a woman who becomes involved with them. 

BdwVq1_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Atypical Family?

Episode 2 of The Atypical Family will air on May 5 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-atypical-family-gets-a-decent-start-chief-detective-1958-scores-best-ever-saturday-ratings

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

20240506003410_Suho-Hong-Ye-Ji.jpg?s=900

"Missing Crown Prince" Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “The Atypical Family” saw a slight dip in viewership for its second episode, which earned a nationwide average of 3.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659280wpp/missing-crown-prince-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

The Atypical Family: Episodes 1-2

by Unit

If you’ve ever wondered what would happen if Encanto and Parasite made a baby, wonder no more. The Atypical Family is the answer to your question! Who will come out tops when a family of con artists targets a family with superpowers? Let’s dive into this drama and find out.

EPISODES 1-2

The first time we meet our atypical family, they’re perched atop dramaland’s favorite cliff, and that’s as good a way as any to indicate that this show/family is anything but typical. But before we go any further, let’s introduce the superpowered family — or should I say ex-superpowered family, since they’ve all lost their powers.

Our hero, BOK GWI-JU (Jang Ki-yong) could time travel to happy moments from his past by recalling the memory of those moments. But after losing his wife seven years ago, he became depressed and lost his powers since he can no longer recall happy memories. His sister, BOK DONG-HEE (Soo-hyun), used to fly — a cooler superpower — but since she gained weight, she hasn’t been able to take off. As for the Bok family’s matriarch, BOK MAN-HEUM (Go Du-shim), she could see the future in her dreams — the coolest of the powers — but she’s got insomnia now, so it’s farewell to sleep and precognitive dreams.

The Bok family’s excursion to the cliff is abruptly cut short when Gwi-ju ends up in the water, and who better to save him from drowning than our heroine, DO DA-HAE (Chun Woo-hee)? But if this was supposed to be a meet-cute at the beach, the only person interested in the interaction is Man-heum.

Man-heum and Da-hae meet again as insomniac client and masseur respectively, and after a cup of tea and a massage, Man-heum is finally able to sleep. Our matriarch is impressed with Da-hae’s skills, and even more so when she recognizes the masseur as Gwi-ju’s savior. As a result, she invites Da-hae into the Bok mansion under the auspices of home services.

Once Man-heum learns that the twice-divorced Da-hae doesn’t have a family, she’s only too happy to matchmake her with the widowed Gwi-ju — even though Gwi-ju would rather relate with alcohol than with humans. And when Man-heum dreams about Da-hae wearing the family’s ring, she’s more convinced than ever that Da-hae is the key to restoring the family’s superpowers. Family ring aside, it’s not hard to see why Man-heum arrived at this conclusion. I mean, hazy or not, it’s the first time our precognitive matriarch has had a dream in ages!

But Man-heum’s non-superpowered husband, EOM SOON-GOO (Oh Man-seok) is quick to point out that her interest in Da-hae stems from the fact that the masseur has no family that’ll look for her if something were to happen to her in the Bok family. Interesting.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/the-atypical-family-episodes-1-2/

• Like 1

Spoiler

Jang Ki Yong Makes An Unexpected Confession To Chun Woo Hee In

Jang Ki Yong Makes An Unexpected Confession To Chun Woo Hee In "The Atypical Family"

Get ready to feel the butterflies during the next episode of JTBC’s “The Atypical Family”!

“The Atypical Family” is a new fantasy romance drama about a family that once had supernatural powers, but lost them after suffering from realistic modern-day problems. Jang Ki Yong stars as Bok Gwi Joo, who once had the ability to time-travel but lost his power after becoming depressed due to a devastating accident.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Atypical Family,” Bok Gwi Joo miraculously regained his ability to travel back in time. Not only that, but while he had previously been unable to change the future—making it impossible for him to save anyone, no matter how much he wanted to—Bok Gwi Joo was inexplicably able to touch Do Da Hae and change her fate.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming third episode, the dynamic between Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae begins to take a romantic turn. After learning that Do Da Hae is the only person he can touch during a time-slip, Bok Gwi Joo becomes confused, and he winds up seeking her out at her place of work to make a desperate “confession.”

However, his courage only lasts a moment before he turns away and reverts to defeat and despair, with a dumbfounded Do Da Hae looking on as he falls apart.

Meanwhile, Bok Gwi Joo’s mother Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim) watches the entire scene unfold with an unreadable expression.

Chun-Woo-Hee-Jang-Ki-Yong.jpgChun-Woo-Hee-Jang-Ki-Yong-2.jpg

Spoiler

Go-Doo-Shim.jpg

In another set of photos, Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae gaze into each other’s eyes in a markedly more romantic setting. Do Da Hae wears a sunny smile as she looks up at Bok Gwi Joo, who seems to have lost the dark aura that followed him around like a stormy cloud.

The seriousness of Bok Gwi Joo’s expression as he speaks to Do Da Hae piques curiosity as to what he might have to say to her—and what changes their relationship will undergo.

Spoiler

Jang-Ki-Yong.jpgChun-Woo-Hee.jpg

Jang-Ki-Yong-Chun-Woo-Hee-2.jpg

The drama’s production team teased, “Bok Gwi Joo, whose feelings become complicated due to Do Da Hae, will shock everyone with his unintentional confession. The change in the relationship between Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae, which will make viewers’ hearts flutter, will also be fun to watch.”

To find out what happens between Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae, catch the next episode of “The Atypical Family” on May 11 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660585wpp/jang-ki-yong-makes-an-unexpected-confession-to-chun-woo-hee-in-the-atypical-family

Jang Ki Yong Is None Too Pleased About Having To Live With Chun Woo Hee In "The Atypical Family"

May 11, 2024
by E Cha

Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee are about to start living together on JTBC’s “The Atypical Family”!

“The Atypical Family” is a new fantasy romance drama about a family that once had supernatural powers, but lost them after suffering from realistic modern-day problems. Jang Ki Yong stars as Bok Gwi Joo, who once had the ability to time-travel but lost his power after becoming depressed due to a devastating accident.

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming third episode, Do Da Hae (Chun Woo Hee) surprises Bok Gwi Joo by unexpectedly showing up at his family home with a trunk. When Do Dae Hae cheerfully reveals that she’s moving in, Bok Gwi Joo reacts coldly, suggesting that the new development may not go over so well with everyone in the Bok family.

Jang-Ki-Yong-Chun-Woo-Hee-2-1.jpg

Meanwhile, another set of photos offers a glimpse of Bok Gwi Joo’s past as a firefighter. In stark contrast to his present, when he exudes a dark, gloomy aura, Bok Gwi Joo looks fresh and clean-cut.

However, his devastated expression as he stands in uniform amidst a busy crowd hints at the tragedy in his past that has kept him trapped in place and unable to move forward with his life.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1660624wpp/jang-ki-yong-is-none-too-pleased-about-having-to-live-with-chun-woo-hee-in-the-atypical-family

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

20240512013541_Wi-Ha-Joon-Jung-Ryeo-Won-

"The Midnight Romance In Hagwon" Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “The Atypical Family” saw a slight rise in viewership for its third episode, which earned a nationwide average of 3.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660743wpp/the-midnight-romance-in-hagwon-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

Chun Woo Hee Plays A Hidden Card To Manipulate Jang Ki Yong Into Marrying Her In "The Atypical Family"

May 12, 2024
by E Cha

Will Chun Woo Hee be able to trick Jang Ki Yong into marrying her on JTBC’s “The Atypical Family”?

“The Atypical Family” is a new fantasy romance drama about a family that once had supernatural powers, but lost them after suffering from realistic modern-day problems. Jang Ki Yong stars as Bok Gwi Joo, who once had the ability to time-travel but lost his power after becoming depressed due to a devastating accident.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Atypical Family,” Bok Gwi Joo was confused by the discovery that he could only travel back in time to moments with Do Da Hae. Although he initially didn’t believe Do Da Hae when she said he gave her a bouquet of flowers and hugged her, when Bok Gwi Joo went back in time, he wound up doing exactly what she’d described.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming fourth episode, Do Da Hae picks up the pace of her scheme to marry Bok Gwi Joo. In an attempt to speed up her plot, Do Da Hae decides to play a hidden card. One photo shows her concentrating on something on her computer screen with a serious expression, piquing curiosity as to what kind of ace she has hidden up her sleeve.

Chun-Woo-Hee-1.jpg

In the next set of photos, Bok Gwi Joo looks startled when Do Da Hae unexpectedly seeks him out without warning. Deciding to take advantage of the fact that he can’t remember things that have happened to her, Do Da Hae presents Bok Gwi Joo with a document that he reads with a grave expression.

Afterwards, Do Da Hae gazes into Bok Gwi Joo’s eyes with determination, raising the question of whether her plan will succeed—and how Bok Gwi Joo will react to the card she has just played.

Chun-Woo-Hee-Jang-Ki-Yong-2-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660780wpp/chun-woo-hee-plays-a-hidden-card-to-manipulate-jang-ki-yong-into-marrying-her-in-the-atypical-family

• Blob 1

"Lovely Runner" And Byeon Woo Seok Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

May 12, 2024
by E Cha

JTBC’s “The Atypical Family” debuted at No. 4 on the drama list, with stars Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee entering the actor rankings at No. 4 and No. 5 respectively.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Lovely Runner”
  2. MBC “Chief Detective 1958”
  3. JTBC “Frankly Speaking”
  4. JTBC “The Atypical Family”
  5. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”
  6. SBS “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection
  7. MBC “Third Marriage”
  8. MBN “Missing Crown Prince
  9. KBS2 “Nothing Uncovered
  10. MBC “The Brave Yong Su Jeong”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Byeon Woo Seok (“Lovely Runner”)
  2. Kim Hye Yoon (“Lovely Runner”)
  3. Go Kyung Pyo (“Frankly Speaking”)
  4. Jang Ki Yong (“The Atypical Family”)
  5. Chun Woo Hee (“The Atypical Family”)
  6. Lee Je Hoon (“Chief Detective 1958”)
  7. Song Geon Hee (“Lovely Runner”)
  8. Im Soo Hyang (“Beauty and Mr. Romantic”)
  9. Kang Han Na (“Frankly Speaking”)
  10. Lee Seung Hyub (“Lovely Runner”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660877wpp/lovely-runner-and-byeon-woo-seok-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

20240513000111_The-Atypical-Family-Beaut

"The Atypical Family" And "Beauty And Mr. Romantic" Soar To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Both JTBC’s “The Atypical Family” and KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” hit new all-time highs in viewership last night!

On May 12, “The Atypical Family” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet with its fourth episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the new fantasy romance scored an average nationwide rating of 4.1 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660904wpp/the-atypical-family-and-beauty-and-mr-romantic-soar-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

JTBC's The Atypical Family scored a nationwide rating of 3.16% for episode 3, a decent improvement from its previous episode's viewership of 2.98%. However, it couldn't surpass its previous Saturday episode's rating of 3.28%.  The K-drama has been spotted trending in numerous Asian countries, such as Hong Kong, Qatar, Malaysia, and others.

When and where to watch the K-drama The Atypical Family?

60LjqW_2f.png

Episode 4 of The Atypical Family will air on May 12 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/wi-ha-joon-and-jung-ryeo-won-s-the-midnight-romance-in-hagwon-starts-strong

by Lily Alice, May 13, 2024
19 15

JTBC's The Atypical Family soared to ratings of 4.05% (nationwide) and 4.77% (metropolitan) for episode 4, its highest of all time. The K-drama also remained the most-watched in its time slot. The Atypical Family is also trending on Netflix, predominantly in Asia.

rNxdXZ_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Atypical Family?

Episode 5 of The Atypical Family will air on May 18 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hee-s-the-atypical-family-achieves-its-highest-ratings

• Like 1

The Atypical Family: Episodes 3-4

by Unit

This week, our con artist heroine warms her way into the lives of her target family, and try as he might, our superpowered hero is not as immune to her charm as he thinks. But while our heroine has succeeded in infiltrating the family, she soon finds out that she might have bitten more than she can chew with them.

EPISODES 3-4

The good news is: Gwi-ju has regained his time traveling powers! The bad news is: he can only return to the Da-hae moments in his life. Gwi-ju doesn’t understand why Da-hae is the only person in color in his usual black and white time-travel scenes, and when he sees himself briefly smile at her in one of his trips to the past, he wonders if he was indeed happy in the moments he spent with her.

As expected, Man-heum chalks all of this to the power of love, and invites Da-hae to move into the Bok mansion. I never knew I could dislike the forced proximity trope, but here we are. Da-hae’s plan is to become the Bok daughter-in-law, claim that the family is mentally ill — thanks to their superpowers nonsense — and then become their legal guardian to manage their assets. Da-hae moves in with a bouquet which she claims Gwi-ju gave her at a previously arranged fountain date, but as far as Gwi-ju — and I — remember, he stood Da-hae up. He didn’t hold a bouquet as he watched her from a distance, much less approach her for a hug as she also claimed. But if last week taught us anything, she might have met with Gwi-ju’s future self.

Speaking of time travel, we take a trip to Gwi-ju’s happiest memory: the day Yi-na was born. Unfortunately, that also happens to be his worst memory because his firefighter sunbae — who covered his shift when he went to see his wife and daughter in the hospital — died in a high school fire that same day. Afterwards, a grief-stricken Gwi-ju travelled back to his moment with Yi-na in the hospital, and for the first time in his time traveling career, the door of the hospital room appeared in color. Gwi-ju could touch the door and walk out, but despite his multiple attempts over the years, all he can do is run to the burning school. He cannot undo the fire or save his sunbae.

This reveal makes me conflicted because on one hand I want to knock Gwi-ju upside the head for obsessing over the past and neglecting his family and his job. But on the other hand, he couldn’t seem to control his return to the past. “That moment won’t let me go.” Sadly, as Gwi-ju’s wife grew increasingly frustrated with her husband’s frequent absence, poor Yi-na also grew up thinking that her father didn’t like her.

Things got to a head on their way to celebrate Yi-na’s (sixth?) birthday, and Gwi-ju got an ultimatum: his wife would leave with Yi-na if he disappeared again — which he did. Oops! But Gwi-ju was very intentional about not lingering in the past, so he quickly returned to the present. Unfortunately, by the time he returned, he found himself in a wrecked car — and for now, we are made to believe that Gwi-ju’s wife intentionally crashed the car.

Notably, before the accident, Yi-na’s eyes flashed blue when she met her mom’s eyes in the mirror — and this can explain why she’s sensitive about her eyes and wears glasses to avoid eye contact with others. Unsurprisingly, Da-hae capitalizes on the family’s negligence to get closer to Yi-na, and when Yi-na inevitably looks her in the eye, the blue glimmers for a second. Watching Yi-na seemingly stare at her with some level of trust/child-like innocence convinces Da-hae that Yi-na holds the key [to achieving her scamming goals]. “You mean the key to the 50 billion won building?” Yi-na mutters before running off — and this is how we confirm that she has superpowers. Yi-na is a mind reader, y’all!

An upside to this is that a surprised Yi-na finds out that her classmate and crush, HAN JOON-WOO (Moon Woo-jin!), thinks she’s pretty. Awww. But when Yi-na gets the “stay away from my man” memo after reading the school’s Miss Popular’s mind, a nervous Yi-na is forced to say that Joon-woo is a jerk — which he overhears. Nooo!!! It’s mission accomplished for Miss Popular, and it’s a reminder for Yi-na as to why she never wants to read minds.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/the-atypical-family-episodes-3-4/

Spoiler

Jang Ki Yong's Romantic Advances Catch Chun Woo Hee Off Guard In

Jang Ki Yong's Romantic Advances Catch Chun Woo Hee Off Guard In "The Atypical Family"

JTBC’s “The Atypical Family” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“The Atypical Family” is a new fantasy romance drama about a family that once had supernatural powers, but lost them after suffering from realistic modern-day problems. Jang Ki Yong stars as Bok Gwi Joo, who once had the ability to time-travel but lost his power after becoming depressed due to a devastating accident.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Atypical Family,” Do Da Hae attempted to trick Bok Gwi Joo into marrying her by lying that his future self gave her a marriage certificate. The episode then ended with Bok Gwi Joo unexpectedly pulling Do Da Hae in for a kiss.

In the first of several newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Bok Gwi Joo looks over the marriage certificate he received from Do Da Hae, trying to reconcile the mixed emotions he is experiencing after seeing the document.

Jang-Ki-Yong-1.jpg

However, the next set of photos suggest that Bok Gwi Joo has undergone a change in his feelings. As he approaches Do Da Hae and proffers a bouquet of flowers, his gaze has depth and is markedly different from before, suggesting that he is developing romantic feelings for her.

Surprisingly, it is Do Da Hae who looks startled and conflicted as Bok Gwi Joo makes a move, raising the question of why she might have had her own change of heart.

Jang-Ki-Yong-2.jpgChun-Woo-Hee-2.jpg

Spoiler

Jang-Ki-Yong-3.jpg

The drama’s production team teased, “In Episode 5 and 6, which air this week, a new wind will blow major changes into the relationship between Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae. The two characters, who have both started to feel unexpected emotions, will each find themselves at a crossroads where they have to make a choice.”

They added, “Please also look forward to Bok Gwi Joo’s bold pursuit as he approaches Do Da Hae, which will make viewers’ hearts flutter.”

The next episode of “The Atypical Family” will air on May 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662329wpp/jang-ki-yongs-romantic-advances-catch-chun-woo-hee-off-guard-in-the-atypical-family

Here are the ratings for Episode 5! :).

20240519022553_Missing-Crown-Prince-Chie

"Missing Crown Prince" Ratings Hit All-Time High As "Chief Detective 1958" And "The Escape Of The Seven: Resurrection" End

JTBC’s “The Atypical Family” held steady with a nationwide average of 3.9 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662410wpp/missing-crown-prince-ratings-hit-all-time-high-as-chief-detective-1958-and-the-escape-of-the-seven-resurrection-end

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Tie The Knot In

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Tie The Knot In "The Atypical Family"

JTBC’s “The Atypical Family” has unveiled a sneak peek of Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee’s wedding!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “The Atypical Family,” Bok Gwi Joo came to realize his feelings for Do Da Hae—who, in turn, was moved by his sincerity.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Do Da Hae prepares to walk down the aisle with Bok Gwi Joo in a picture-perfect wedding. However, in stark contrast to the beautiful couple and setting, the atmosphere is an uneasy one: future mothers-in-law Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim) and Baek Il Hong (Kim Geum Soon) appear to be glaring daggers at one another, piquing curiosity as to what might have gone wrong at the wedding.

Additionally, Bok Man Heum has been cold to Do Da Hae ever since she met Baek Il Hong, raising the question of why she has agreed to let Do Da Hae marry her son.

Chun-Woo-Hee-Jang-Ki-Yong-Go-Doo-Shim.jp

The drama’s production team commented, “Episode 6, which airs on May 19, will depict Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae’s wedding. Please look forward to the changed Bok Gwi Joo’s bold pursuit [of Do Da Hae], which will make viewers’ hearts flutter.”

They went on to tease, “Please keep an eye on why Bok Man Heum and Baek Il Hong are glaring at each other at Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae’s wedding—and whether the wedding will be able to wrap up peacefully.”

To catch Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae’s wedding, tune in to the next episode of “The Atypical Family” on May 19 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662432wpp/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hee-tie-the-knot-in-the-atypical-family