[Drama 2024] Wonderful World, 원더풀 월드

larus

Yearning for a Wonderful World with Kim Nam-joo

by solstices

The first teaser for MBC’s upcoming mystery drama Wonderful World is out, delving into the throes of grief and the lingering aftermath of loss. Before our characters can embark on a journey of healing, they must first nurse the wounds of anguish and contend with the bone-deep thirst for vengeance.

The teaser opens with glimpses of a loving embrace, a house ablaze, and Kim Nam-joo (Misty) crying on a snowy night as her tears morph into hysterical laughter. “Everything began with that night’s incident,” she narrates. She’s the psychology professor and bestselling author Eun Soo-hyun, and she carries a bouquet of white flowers to her son’s grave.

Soo-hyun isn’t the only one in mourning. Interspersed with her agony are scenes of the med school dropout Kwon Seon-yul, played by Cha Eun-woo (A Good Day to be a Dog). Having spiraled downhill ever since tragically losing his parents, Seon-yul’s life is now characterized by boxing, metalworking, and volatile turbulence. “Does it seem like I’m living well?” Seon-yul asks, blood staining his lip.

The answer to that question is self-evident for both our leads, but they aren’t the only ones. Soo-hyun’s husband Kang Soo-ho — played by Kim Kang-woo (Artificial City) — has demons of his own, having lost his former career glory after blowing the whistle on a corrupt politician’s misdeeds. Worse yet, he winds up making an impulsive mistake that further adds to his turmoil. (Please tell me we don’t have yet another cheating husband on our hands.)

Amidst the anguish, Park Hyuk-kwon (A Time Called You) maintains his composed demeanor at a funeral hall, though his impassivity takes on a somewhat ominous undertone when contrasted against the visceral despair of our central trio. He’ll be joining Yang Hye-ji (Sweet Home 2), Cha Soo-yeon (Love Scene Number), and rookie actor Im Ji-sub (The Eighth Sense) in the supporting cast, and they’ll become entangled with our heroine as she seeks the justice that the law won’t mete out.

That also forms the basis for the connection between Soo-hyun and Soo-ho, who both know the answer to the central question — “Do you know the greatest agony a person can suffer?” — all too well. As Seon-yul shelters Soo-hyun from the rain, the title card warns that this shall become the prelude to a tragedy.

Helmed by PD Lee Seung-young (Tracer) and penned by Kim Ji-eun (Lies of Lies), Wonderful World is slated for a March 1 premiere.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/premiere-watch-doctor-slump/

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] Wonderful World, 원더풀 월드-Kim Nam-joo, Cha Eun woo-Fri& Sat@21:50 KST- Premieres on March 1st

Cha Eun Woo And Kim Nam Joo Exchange Lonely Yet Mysterious Gazes In Poster For Upcoming Drama “Wonderful World”

Cha Eun Woo And Kim Nam Joo Exchange Lonely Yet Mysterious Gazes In Poster For Upcoming Drama “Wonderful World”

Kim Nam Joo and Cha Eun Woo’s upcoming thriller drama “Wonderful World” has dropped a new poster!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. Cha Eun Woo co-stars as Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun.

The newly released poster features Eun Soo Hyun and Kwon Sun Yool facing each other under an umbrella. The memorial park that serves as the background for the teaser poster as well as the text that reads, “It all started with the incident from that day of that summer,” stimulate viewers’ curiosity about the tragic incident that shook the lives of Eun Soo Hyun and Kwon Sun Yool.

wonderful-world-poster.jpeg

“Wonderful World” will premiere on March 1. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1639887wpp/cha-eun-woo-and-kim-nam-joo-exchange-lonely-yet-mysterious-gazes-in-poster-for-upcoming-drama-wonderful-world

News bites: January 31, 2024

by tccolb

optimize

In the meantime, the promos continue for Wonderful World, where our grief-stricken leads are met with rain in a moody first poster. Starring Kim Nam-joo (Misty), Cha Eun-woo (A Good Day to Be a Dog), Kim Kang-woo (Artificial City), and Im Se-mi (The Worst of Evil), the revenge mystery will be releasing on the first of March, airing in MBC’s weekend slot. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/news-bites-january-31-2024/

Secrets and sorrow in Kim Nam-joo’s Wonderful World

by solstices

MBC’s upcoming mystery-thriller Wonderful World has released its second teaser, dropping some hints to its central secrets while remaining enigmatic about its characters. Starring Kim Nam-joo (Misty) and Cha Eun-woo (A Good Day to be a Dog), the drama will trace the path to healing after facing immeasurable grief.

On a desolate night, Eun Soo-hyun (Kim Nam-joo) stands shell-shocked in the middle of a road. “I’ve thought about you,” she says, though it’s not clear who she’s addressing. Contemplating a photograph, her face hardens into an inscrutable expression. Having lost her son in a tragic incident, Soo-hyun is bent on vengeance.

Elsewhere, a sleeping Kwon Seon-yul (Cha Eun-woo) sheds a tear, before his eyes abruptly flick open. As a med school dropout who spiraled into misery since his parents’ deaths, he seems to have an agenda of his own. Perhaps it has something to do with Kwon Min-hyuk — played by Im Ji-sub (The Eighth Sense) — who lives a similarly turbulent life, or perhaps their last names are just a mere coincidence?

The brief glimpses of a collapsed body, a chalk outline, and an ominously upturned sea cast a sinister undertone upon the drama, suggesting there’s more than meets the eye. We don’t get to see Im Se-mi (The Worst of Evil) as Soo-hyun’s closest friend just yet, nor do we find out what’s behind the door that Soo-hyun’s husband Kim Kang-woo (Artificial City) opens. Still, with a remarkable supporting cast — Park Hyuk-kwon (A Time Called You), Yang Hye-ji (Sweet Home 2), and Cha Soo-yeon (Love Scene Number) — surely there’ll be plenty of surprises in store.

“There’s someone I’m searching for,” Soo-hyun explains, as she walks down a hallway illuminated by fluorescent lights. Holding someone’s hand close, Seon-yul narrates, “Just wait a little longer. It’ll end soon.” On a rainy day, Seon-yul shelters Soo-hyun with an umbrella, reaching for her hand — and in the blink of an eye, Seon-yul has vanished, and Soo-hyun is holding the umbrella alone. “You,” Soo-hyun murmurs. “Who are you?”

Directed by Lee Seung-young (Tracer) with scripts by Kim Ji-eun (Lies of Lies), Wonderful World will premiere next month on March 1.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/secrets-and-sorrow-in-kim-nam-joos-wonderful-world/

• Like 1

Kim Nam Joo Transforms Into A Prisoner Who Lost Her Beloved Son In Upcoming Drama “Wonderful World”

Feb 5, 2024
by S. Kim

MBC’s upcoming drama “Wonderful World” has dropped its first stills of Kim Nam Joo!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. Cha Eun Woo co-stars as Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun.

In the newly released stills, Kim Nam Joo transforms into Eun Soo Hyun wearing a shabby prison uniform in a bleak and barren prison. Eun Soo Hyun is sitting on a bench in the prison playground and is blankly staring into space. Her empty facial expression conveys a sense of loss after losing her happy life and her beloved family as well as the guilt of taking another person’s life.

kim-nam-joo-1.jpeg

In another still image below, Eun Soo Hyun is looking beyond the iron bars with a sad facial expression as if she is about to burst into tears at any moment, longing for her lost son. Viewers are curious to find out about the incident of “that day” that drove Eun Soo Hyun into a terrible tragedy.

Kim-Nam-Joo-3.jpeg

The production team remarked, “The unconventional character of Eun Soo Hyun, who personally punishes a murderer for her son, meets with Kim Nam Joo’s acting and creates explosive synergy. As she returns to the small screen [for the first time] in six years, please look forward to the performance of Kim Nam Joo, who will not spare efforts to showcase her acting.”

Kim-Nam-Joo-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641136wpp/kim-nam-joo-transforms-into-a-prisoner-who-lost-her-beloved-son-in-upcoming-drama-wonderful-world

• Like 1

Cha Eun Woo Mirrors Kim Nam Joo’s Sadness After She Loses Her Perfect Family In “Wonderful World” Posters

Cha Eun Woo Mirrors Kim Nam Joo’s Sadness After She Loses Her Perfect Family In “Wonderful World” Posters

MBC’s “Wonderful World” has unveiled new posters!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. Cha Eun Woo co-stars as Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun.

The newly released poster depicts Kwon Sun Yool and Eun Soo Hyun together in the darkness. Eun Soo Hyun is sitting in a car while staring toward somewhere with a fierce gaze and the sadness in her eyes raising questions about her past. Reflected on her car window is Kwon Sun Yool, raising tension as he looks at Eun Soo Hyun. Their sad gazes seem to overlap through the window, raising questions about how their relationship will develop.

wonderful-world-2-.jpeg

Furthermore, another poster depicts the broken happiness of Eun Soo Hyun and Kang Soo Hyuk’s (Kim Kang Woo’s) family. The poster portrays the family living a happy life with their son Yi Joon (Kang Gun Woo), but their happiness has been shattered like glass as shown in the poster. The text that reads, “I thought I didn’t dare wish for more happiness than this…” adding to the mystery.

wonderful-world-1-.jpeg

“Wonderful World” will premiere on March 1. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641252wpp/cha-eun-woo-mirrors-kim-nam-joos-sadness-after-she-loses-her-perfect-family-in-wonderful-world-posters

• Like 1

Kim Nam Joo Dishes On Her Upcoming Drama “Wonderful World,” Working With Cha Eun Woo, And More

Feb 7, 2024

Kim Nam Joo has talked about her upcoming drama “Wonderful World”!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will star as Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun.

“Wonderful World” marks Kim Nam Joo’s return to the small screen after six years following her 2018 drama “Misty.” Describing her feelings about her long-awaited return, Kim Nam Joo shared, “I’m always excited to meet viewers, and I feel a sense of responsibility and joy to repay them with good work.”

On why she chose “Wonderful World” as her comeback drama, Kim Nam Joo revealed, “The first thing I consider when choosing a project is, ‘Can I portray this character well?’ Eun Soo Hyun is a character with strong maternal instincts, and I am a mother of two children myself, so I couldn’t help but immerse myself in Eun Soo Hyun’s emotions.”

wonderful-world-3.jpg

In “Wonderful World,” Eun Soo Hyun is a psychology professor and successful writer who lives a happy life with a perfect family. However, Eun Soo Hyun’s life takes a 180-degree turn when she loses her young son and personally kills her son’s murderer.

Expressing her love for the character of Soo Hyun, Kim Nam Joo shared, “The source of Eun Soo Hyun’s strength is her strong maternal love. She represents the hearts of all mothers in the world who prioritize family above all else in life and would do anything for their children. She dedicates herself to protecting her family without hesitation and always prioritizes the difficulties of those around her over her own, exerting a positive influence.”

The actress continued, “While preparing for the character of Eun Soo Hyun, I went into filming solely with a mother’s heart. I tried to immerse myself in the moment in each scene, and I was grateful that the situation was not real. During filming, I focused solely on following Eun Soo Hyun’s emotions.”

wonderful-world-1.jpg

Praising her co-star Cha Eun Woo, Kim Nam Joo commented, “He is an actor who surprises me more and more as time goes on.” She added, “He is always open to advice, never hesitates to listen, and works hard in every moment, which made me feel at ease throughout filming. He is a good actor with a flexible mind and a positive attitude.”

Kim Nam Joo also expressed her love for her other “Wonderful World” co-stars. Regarding Kim Kang Woo, who plays her husband and successful anchor Kang Soo Ho, she commented, “He is a veteran actor whom I could always rely on,” adding, “Even in challenging filming conditions, he never complained and gave his best performance, and he also perfectly portrayed the unwavering dedication of a father who loves his family unconditionally.”

As for actress Im Se Mi, who plays the role of Han Yu Ri, the CEO of a Cheongdam shop who is like a real sister to Eun Soo Hyun, Kim Nam Joo shared, “Actress Im Se Mi not only delivered an excellent acting performance, but she also brightened the atmosphere on set with her cheerful and positive energy.”

About actress Won Mi Kyung, who plays her mother in “Wonderful World,” Kim Nam Joo remarked, “Won Mi Kyung is someone I have always admired and respected. It was my first time working with her on a project, but from the moment we met, she felt like a mother to me. She took care of me like a daughter, and I relied on her throughout filming. Even now, when filming is over, I still miss her warm embrace.”

Kim Nam Joo added, “It was a great blessing and honor to work alongside colleagues who put their utmost effort into their acting, such as Gil Hae Yeon, who plays my mother-in-law [Jung Myung Hee], and Kang Ae Sim, who showed her sincerity when it comes to acting [in the role of Jang Hyung Ja].”

wonderful-world-2.jpg

In conclusion, Kim Nam Joo commented, “‘Wonderful World’ is a drama with a strong message that will make viewers reflect once again on the importance of family love. I also hope that it will serve as a warning to those who commit evil in our society. I hope that many viewers will support the drama and tune in.”

“Wonderful World” will premiere on March 1.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641625wpp/kim-nam-joo-dishes-on-her-upcoming-drama-wonderful-world-working-with-cha-eun-woo-and-more

News bites: February 8, 2024

by tccolb

578451aa-e160-4fd1-82dd-4b31b12aba4e.jpg

Bleak new character teasers have arrived for MBC’s revenge drama Wonderful World, raising the stakes and tragedy for our leads: Kim Nam-joo (Misty) and Cha Eun-woo (A Good Day to Be a Dog). Together with Kim Kang-woo (Artificial City) and Im Se-mi (The Worst of Evil), the series will be launching on March 1 in the weekend slot. [MBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/news-bites-february-8-2024/

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!:fullofhearts:

New Event Alert!:piggydance:

This Valentine's Day Vote for the Perfect Namja Chingus from K-Dramas :Pandabulous:

We are  back with another event. This is all about dreamy namja chingus from K-dramas. :machocat:

Please vote for your most perfect namja chingu from K-drama and do let us know why he is your favourite or rather what about his character that appealed to you. :letsgo:

re: Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl

Spoiler

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo Rebels Against Life In Rugged Transformation For “Wonderful World”

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo Rebels Against Life In Rugged Transformation For “Wonderful World”

MBC’s upcoming drama “Wonderful World” has shared a sneak preview of Cha Eun Woo!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will star as Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun.

Kwon Sun Yool grew up in a well-off family, but he is a mysterious youth who personally chooses to lead a difficult life. In the newly released stills, Cha Eun Woo makes a drastic transformation as he exudes charisma with the rebellious glint in his eye and the blood stain on his lips.

cha-eun-woo-wonderful-world-3.jpegcha-eun-woo-ww.jpeg

Another still depicts him racing on his motorcycle, raising questions about why he decided to live a rebellious life. Furthermore, Kwon Sun Yool is depicted working alone on a car in a dark junkyard, showcasing his rugged side.

cha-eun-woo-wonderful-world.jpeg

Spoiler

cha-eun-woo-wonderful-world-2-.jpeg

The production team shared, “Kwon Sun Yool is a figure who threw away his dreams and personally chose to live a completely different life. On top of this, Cha Eun Woo’s delicate acting through his gaze and impactful visuals completed [his character’s] story. Please anticipate Cha Eun Woo, who will captivate viewers with his new acting transformation through ‘Wonderful World.'”

“Wonderful World” will premiere on March 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST. While waiting, watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1642194wpp/astros-cha-eun-woo-rebels-against-life-in-rugged-transformation-for-wonderful-world

by Lily Alice, February 14, 2024
6 1

The first stills of Cha Eun Woo from Wonderful World have been unveiled. 

Wonderful World is a mystery drama that follows Eun Soo Hyun, who takes justice into her own hands after the tragic loss of her son.  

In the K-drama, the idol and actor Cha Eun Woo plays the role of Kwon Seon Yul. Kwon Seon Yul is a mysterious young man who, despite growing up in an affluent family, chooses a rough way of life.

In the first still, Cha Eun Woo exudes intense charisma with blood on his lips and a rebellious gaze, contrasting with the warm and affectionate demeanor he has shown so far.

vXRw3g_2f.png

In another still, he can be seen riding a motorcycle, piquing curiosity about the reasons behind why he chose to live a rough life. 

pd8E3D_2f.png

Particularly intriguing is the scene where he is alone, repairing a car in a shady junkyard.

x4XrWy_2f.png

As evident from the stills, Cha Eun Woo's performance, from his facial expressions to his transformation in appearance, promises a unique character transformation, heightening expectations.

The production team of Wonderful World stated, "Kwon Seon Yul is a character who abandons his dream and chooses a completely different life for himself." They added, "Please look forward to Cha Eun Woo captivating viewers with a new acting transformation in Wonderful World."

Spoiler

WPrYel_2f.png

Wonderful World will be released on March 1 on Disney+.

https://mydramalist.com/article/wonderful-world-drops-cha-eun-woo-s-stills

20240214092451_kim-kang-woo-wonderful-woKim Kang Woo Is A Successful Anchorman Who Loves His Family Above All Else In “Wonderful World”

Feb 14, 2024

MBC’s upcoming drama “Wonderful World” has shared new stills of Kim Kang Woo!

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will star as Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun.

Kim Kang Woo will take on the role of Eun Soo Hyun’s husband Kang Soo Ho, a former journalist turned successful anchorman, whose life takes an unexpected turn following the tragic loss of his son.

In the newly released stills, anchorman Kang Soo Ho exudes professionalism and charisma with his well-tailored suit, upright posture, and strong gaze. His confidence and composure seem to reflect his perfect life, heightening viewers’ curiosity about the mysterious incidents that will shake this perfect life to its core.

At the start of the story, Kang Soo Ho is a journalist who loves his wife and son more than anyone else. However, when his son suddenly dies and his wife becomes a murderer, Soo Ho ironically rises to become the director of the news agency and Korea’s leading anchor amidst the family tragedy.

Kim Kang Woo will portray a wide range of emotions as he goes back and forth between portraying a rigid journalist with a strong sense of justice, a tender family-oriented man, and a man struggling in the midst of a catastrophe. Viewers are also looking forward to his acting chemistry with Kim Nam Joo.

Spoiler

kim-kang-woo-wonderful-world-1.jpg

kim-kang-woo-wonderful-world-2.jpg

The production team of “Wonderful World” shared, “Kim Kang Woo added depth to the drama by perfectly portraying the complex character of Kang Soo Ho, whose son tragically dies and whose wife becomes a murderer. He also captured in detail the complex relationship between Kang Soo Ho and his wife. Please look forward to Kim Kang Woo’s passionate performance.”

“Wonderful World” will premiere on March 1 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1642495wpp/kim-kang-woo-is-a-successful-anchorman-who-loves-his-family-above-all-else-in-wonderful-world