[Drama 2024] Doctor Slump, 닥터슬럼프

larus

by Lily Alice, December 19, 2023
7 2

JTBC's Doctor Slump dropped a teaser poster featuring Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik.

Doctor Slump is an upcoming rom-com that tells the story of two doctors in a slump, trying to steer their lives out of the darkness. 

The K-drama paints a romantic comedy canvas of Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye ) and Yeo Jeong Woo (Park Hyung Sik), two doctors who, after having seen only success, find their lives taking a downward turn.

The drama charts their journey from life's deepest lows, where they become each other's guiding light. Offering laughter, excitement, and solace, it's a story of redemption from life's biggest hardships.

The recently unveiled teaser posters spotlight the chemistry between Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jeong Woo.

The duo are seen dressed in a high school uniform. Both of them have been exemplary students in their schools. The text reads, "There are no two suns under the sky, and there are no two first-place students in the entire school!"

XdwYLX_2f.png

Park Shin Hye takes on the role of Nam Ha Neul, an anesthesiologist suffering from burnout. With a brilliant mind and unrelenting dedication, she has devoted all her efforts and time to her studies and profession. 

When she looks back at the kind of life she has led so far, Ha Neul decides to bring a change in her dull life.

Park Hyung Sik portrays Yeo Jeong Woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into a slump. Having excelled in both academics and personality, he has thrived since his days as the top student. But, an unexpected medical incident plunges him into a crisis. 

Doctor Slump will premiere on January 27.

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-shin-hye-and-park-hyung-sik-excel-as-exemplary-students-in-doctor-slump

• Like 1

News bites: December 19, 2023

by tccolb

optimize

The first poster is out for JTBC’s new medical Doctor Slump, opening up the dusty yearbook to when Park Shin-hye (Sisyphus) and Park Hyung-shik’s (Our Blooming Youth) rivalry began (but we know the true origin story). With youthful zeal, the tagline reveals their teenage motto that there can’t be two number ones in school, just like there’s only one sun in the sky. Also starring Yoon Park (Delightfully Deceitful) and Gong Sung-ha (Daily Dose of Sunshine), the rom-com premieres on January 27. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/news-bites-december-19-2023/

Watch: Park Shin Hye And Park Hyung Sik Are Classmates Who Claim To Hate Each Other In “Doctor Slump” Teaser

Watch: Park Shin Hye And Park Hyung Sik Are Classmates Who Claim To Hate Each Other In “Doctor Slump” Teaser

Park Shin Hye and Park Hyun Sik have shared a sneak peek at their upcoming drama with a new teaser!

JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) as they try to resuscitate their lives when they fall into a slump after only having followed successful paths. The two rivals who hate each other will reunite in the darkest period of their lives and become each other’s light, delivering smiles, excitement, and heartwarming comfort along the way.

The newly released teaser begins with Yeo Jung Woo narrating, “The girl I liked at that time. The girl I hated at that time,” as he and Nam Ha Neul showcase a fierce rivalry. Yeo Jung Woo offers a helping hand, but Nam Ha Neul uses it to her advantage to take the lead.

The text on the poster reads, “Spring 2009, I met my worst rival,” and Nam Ha Neul narrates, “The boy I wanted to shake by the collar—I ran into him again when I was facing the greatest slump of my life.” The teaser ends with Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo in present day, shocked speechless and pointing fingers after unexpectedly running into each other. The teaser ends with the two screaming in horror as they recognize each other.

Check out the teaser below!

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633178wpp/watch-park-shin-hye-and-park-hyung-sik-are-classmates-who-claim-to-hate-each-other-in-doctor-slump-teaser

December 22 2023

First teaser trailer for JTBC drama “Doctor Slump”

Doctor_Slump-tp1.jpeg

First teaser trailer added for JTBC drama series “Doctor Slump” starring Park Hyung-Sik & Park Shin-Hye. Narration in the teaser trailer goes (0:02) Park Hyung-Sik “The girl that I liked back then,” (0:07) Park Hyung-Sik “The girl that I extremely hated back then,” (0:12) Park Shin-Hye “The boy that I wanted to grab by the collar back then. I met him again during the worst slump of my life.”

“Doctor Slump” first airs January 27, 2024 in South Korea (takes over JTBC’s Saturday & Sunday 10:30 PM time slot “Welcome to Samdal-ri“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: During his school days, Yeo Jung-Woo (Park Hyung-Sik) always placed first in academics and he studied at the top medical school in the country. Yeo Jung-Woo is now a popular plastic surgeon. His life goes smoothly, but, due to a mysterious medical accident, his life is pushed to the edge. At this time, he meets Nam Ha-Neul (Park Shin-Hye). She was a rival in his past and he meets her at the lowest point in his life.

Nam Ha-Neul works as an anesthesiologist. When she was growing up, people called her a genius due to her extreme intelligence. She studied hard and became a doctor. Her life consists of only work and studying. She doesn’t have any time to experience fun. One day, Nam Ha-Neul realizes she isn’t happy with her life and she wants to make a change. At this time, she meets Yeo Jung-Woo during one of the worst moments in her life. They comfort each other and a romantic relationship blossoms between them.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-doctor-slump

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] Doctor Slump, 닥터슬럼프- Park Shin Hye & Park Hyung Sik- Sat & Sun @10:30 PM -Premieres on January 27, 2024
by Lily Alice, December 22, 2023

The much-awaited K-drama couple Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik will finally grace the small screen. 

Doctor Slump unveiled its first teaser on December 22, giving a sneak peek into the dynamics of Yeo Jeong Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye). 

Starting from their school days, when they competed headstrong for first place, to the lowest points in their lives when they faced a slump, the duo's story raises anticipation.

Doctor Slump is an upcoming rom-com that tells the story of two doctors in a slump, trying to steer their lives out of the darkness.  

The teaser shows Yeo Jeong Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) reminiscing about their school days and how they remember each other. 

It commences showing Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jeong Woo under cherry blossom trees. The bright sky and the falling petals give a serene vibe.

Yeo Jeong Woo extends his hand to Nam Ha Neul, and his voiceover narrates, "The girl I liked back then ... "

The mood shifts. Nam Ha Neul pulls Jeong Woo, hurling him down, jumps over him, and runs.

Jeong Woo follows her, and in a voiceover, he contradicts his previous statement by saying, "The girl I hated the most back then!"

Meanwhile, Nam Ha Neul remembers Yeo Jeong Woo as the boy she wanted to grab by the collar.
After years of separation, the duo's reunion, at a time when they are in the worst slump of their lives, creates a striking juxtaposition between their past and present.

Doctor Slump will premiere on January 27. The K-drama will be available to stream on Netflix. Watch the teaser below

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-shin-hye-and-park-hyung-sik-s-doctor-slump-drops-teaser

High school rivalry and present-day healing in Doctor Slump

by solstices

JTBC’s upcoming rom-com Doctor Slump has released its first teaser, full of heart-fluttering cuteness and tinged with the fond nostalgia of youth. Despite only being twenty seconds long, it’s plenty amusing already, giving me hope that the drama will deliver a thoughtful tale of healing with a dash of humor on the side.

The teaser begins with a flashback to our leads’ high school days, amidst cherry blossom petals drifting in the spring breeze. Park Hyung-shik (Our Blooming Youth) crouches down to extend a hand to Park Shin-hye (Sisyphus), kindly offering to help her up from a fall. She takes his hand, gazing into his eyes as romantic music swells — and then she yanks him forward so she can use him as a springboard to jump over and take off running. HAHAHA

He’s Yeo Jung-woo, she’s Nam Ha-neul, and they’re about to become each other’s worst rivals. Stuck in the same class, both of them are petty and prideful, and they’re determined to one-up each other in just about everything. If Ha-neul eats a supplement stick, then Jung-woo’s pouring two into his mouth in a wide-eyed frenzy, earning himself an appalled side-eye from her. Hee, this is totally the start to an enemies-to-lovers scenario, isn’t it?

Jung-woo has always been the top of his class and the star of his field, and now that he’s all grown up, he’s achieved excellence as a famed plastic surgeon. Faced with a million-dollar lawsuit following a doubtful medical accident, however, Jung-woo soon finds himself crashing down to rock bottom. Unable to cope with his unforgiving fall from grace, Jung-woo spirals into a slump.

Ha-neul isn’t faring any better, given that she’s run herself into the ground trying to build up her career. Now a disillusioned anesthesiologist, Ha-neul’s realized that she doesn’t have much going for her outside of work. Without any hobbies or interests, her days have grown dreary and dull.

Having lost their way, our leads are stumbling aimlessly through life when they coincidentally run into each other again. All their embarrassing memories from a decade ago come flooding back, leading them both to wail in horror. Contrary to their expectations, though, their reunion signals the start of a journey towards healing and comfort.

Rounding out our supporting cast is Yoon Park (Delightfully Deceitful) as Bin Dae-young, who nurses both jealousy and empathy towards his fellow surgeon Jung-woo. On Ha-neul’s side, we have Gong Sung-ha (Daily Dose of Sunshine) as her best friend and fellow anesthesiologist Lee Hong-ran. Though we don’t see them in the teaser, it seems like Dae-young and Hong-ran will be developing their own loveline, so perhaps we’ll be treated to a double dose of sweetness.

Directed by PD Oh Hyun-jong (The One and Only) and written by Baek Sun-woo (My Roommate Is a Gumiho), Doctor Slump will premiere on January 27.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/high-school-rivalry-and-present-day-healing-in-doctor-slump/

by lo_ve, December 22, 2023
15 6

JTBC released the first trailer of the upcoming Saturday-Sunday K-drama Doctor Slump.

On December 22, JTBC released the first trailer of Doctor Slump featuring its main leads Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik. The upcoming K-drama will premiere on January 27. 

In the released teaser, the video showcased the cute rivalry between Nam Ha Neul played by Park Shin Hye, and Yeo Jeong Woo played by Park Hyung Sik. The two were fighting for the first place in school then reunite once again now that they are adults. 

Doctor Slump is a romantic comedy K-drama that showcases the life of two people who were competitive while growing up and became successful doctors. While the two are experiencing the worst moments of their lives, they are reunited. 

The upcoming K-drama will be the next work of director Oh Hyun Jong (Find Me in Your Memory and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo) and writer Baek Sun Woo (My Roommate Is a Gumiho and What's Wrong with Secretary Kim).

Doctor Slump is set to premiere on January 27 at 10:30 PM KST. Aside from JTBC, the K-drama will also air on the global OTT platform Netflix.

You can watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDfrjIoE_L8

0wbz1O_2f.jpg

Park Shin Hye will portray the role of Nam Ha Neul. She became an anesthesiologist but is currently suffering from burnout syndrome. Growing up, she was known to be a genius and studious. When she became an adult, she became even more workaholic and didn't have a work-life balance. Looking back at her life, she decided to change. 

Park Hyung Sik will portray the role of Yeo Jeong Woo. He became a star plastic surgeon but because of an incident, he fell into the worst slump of his life. Back when he was studying, he was the top student in the whole school. He is also known for his good personality. 

This will be the reunion project of Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik after 10 years. The two worked together back in 2013 through the hit K-drama The Heirs.

https://mydramalist.com/article/doctor-slump-starring-park-shin-hye-and-park-hyung-sik-releases-its-first-trailer

젭티에 선물처럼 도착한 크리스마스 카드
<닥터슬럼프> 하늘X정우와 함께
미리 Merry Christmas

JTBC 새 토일드라마 <닥터슬럼프>
1월 27일 [토] 밤 10시 30분 첫 방송!

#JTBC #ComingSoonJTBC #닥터슬럼프

A Christmas card arrived as a gift to Jeptie
<Doctor Slump> With Haneul
Merry Christmas in advance

JTBC’s new Saturday-Sunday drama <Doctor Slump>
First broadcast on January 27th [Sat] at 10:30 PM!

#JTBC #ComingSoonJTBC #DoctorSlump

https://instagram.com/p/C1LZIo6haIr/?igsh=MWl0dmw1eTRmczI1

spacer.png

Park Shin Hye And Park Hyung Sik Find Comfort In Each Other During The Lowest Points Of Their Lives In “Doctor Slump” Poster

Park Shin Hye And Park Hyung Sik Find Comfort In Each Other During The Lowest Points Of Their Lives In “Doctor Slump” Poster

“Doctor Slump” has shared a heart-fluttering new poster ahead of the upcoming premiere!

JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) as they try to resuscitate their lives when they fall into a slump after only having followed successful paths. The two rivals who hate each other will reunite in the darkest period of their lives and become each other’s light, delivering smiles, excitement, and heartwarming comfort along the way.

Park Shin Hye stars as anesthesiologist Nam Ha Neul who is experiencing burnout syndrome while Park Hyung Sik plays Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into the greatest slump of his life.

The newly released main poster depicts Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo, who are reunited as adults. The two sit in front of an old stationary store as they each bite into their popsicles. The warm sunlight enveloping Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo creates a heartwarming and peaceful atmosphere.

Despite having fiercely competed for first place back in their school days, the two appear to have lost meaning in life, lacking vitality in their facial expressions. The text on the poster reads, “It might be petty, but I feel comforted that I’m not the only one in such a state,” raising anticipation for what will happen to the two as they meet at the lowest points of their lives.

doctor-slump-1.jpeg

The production team asked viewers to look forward to Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo’s story, adding, “The story of the two who empathize with and comfort one another amidst their slump and burnout will deliver healing energy full of laughter and heart-fluttering excitement.”

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST. While waiting, check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633576wpp/park-shin-hye-and-park-hyung-sik-find-comfort-in-each-other-during-the-lowest-points-of-their-lives-in-doctor-slump-poster

by Lily Alice, December 26, 2023
3 4

JTBC's Doctor Slump dropped its main poster featuring Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik.

The first teaser evoked nostalgia by showing the merriness of the youth of "those days". The newly released main poster captivates viewers by showing the transformation of Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jeong Woo as adults.

Sitting side by side at an old store, relishing ice cream under the gentle afternoon sunlight, they exude a serene vibe.

The two, who had been fierce competitors in school, now sit with spiritless faces as if questioning the purposes of their lives. The text reads, "It might be petty, but I am comforted by the fact that I'm not the only one in this state," raising excitement about the dynamics of the duo reuniting in their most desolate times.

d0Yz6d_2f.jpg

Park Shin Hye takes on the role of Nam Ha Neul, an anesthesiologist suffering from burnout. With a brilliant mind and unrelenting dedication, she has devoted all her efforts and time to her studies and profession. 

But, when she looks back at the kind of life she has led so far, Ha Neul decides to bring a change in her dull life.

Park Hyung Sik portrays Yeo Jeong Woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into a slump. Having excelled in both academics and personality, he has thrived as a top student and a successful doctor. But, an unexpected medical incident plunges him into a crisis. 

The production team of Doctor Slump conveyed, "The story of two people empathizing and comforting each other in slump and burnout promises a healing experience filled with laughter and excitement."

Doctor Slump will premiere on January 27. The K-drama will be available to stream on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-shin-hye-and-park-hyung-sik-s-doctor-slump-unveils-main-poster

News bites: December 27, 2023

by tccolb

d0Yz6d_2f.jpg

Comforting our weary souls with ice cream and childhood nostalgia, a new poster has dropped for JTBC’s Doctor Slump, where Park Shin-hye (Sisyphus) and Park Hyung-shik (Our Blooming Youth) unexpectedly find solace in each other’s company. Slated to air on January 27, the rivals-to-lovers rom-com has PD Oh Hyun-jong (The One and Only, Find Me in Your Memory) at the helm with scripts by Baek Sun-woo (My Roommate Is a Gumiho, What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim). [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/news-bites-december-27-2023/

by Lily Alice, December 29, 2023
9  1

The new teaser for Doctor Slump depicts Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik's bittersweet dynamics. 

The production team of JTBC's upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama Doctor Slump, scheduled for release on January 27, released the second teaser on December 29, showing the changing relationship dynamics between Yeo Jeong Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye). 

As anticipation mounts, the second teaser draws attention to how the lives of Yeo Jeong Woo and Nam Ha Neul, who were once fierce rivals competing for the top spot in school, meet again at the lowest point of their lives. 

She looks back at the kind of life she has led so far and decides to bring a change in her dull life.

Park Hyung Sik portrays Yeo Jeong Woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into a slump. Having excelled in both academics and personality, he has thrived since his days as the top student. But, an unexpected medical incident plunges him into a crisis. 

Doctor Slump will premiere on January 27. The K-drama will be available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-shin-hye-and-park-hyung-sik-s-bittersweet-dynamics-depicted-in-doctor-slump-teaser

spacer.png

Watch: Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Are Former Rivals Who Meet In Their Darkest Hour In “Doctor Slump” Teaser

Dec 28, 2023
by E. Cha

JTBC has released a new teaser for its upcoming drama “Doctor Slump”!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy about two former rivals who reunite and unexpectedly become each other’s light during the darkest period of their lives. Park Hyung Sik will star as Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon whose thriving career suddenly falls into danger due to a strange medical accident, while Park Shin Hye will play Nam Ha Neul, an anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome.

Back in high school, Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul were academic rivals waging a fierce battle to be first in their class. However, when they meet again as adults, their relationship blossoms into romance.

In the newly released teaser, Yeo Jung Woo tells Nam Ha Neul, “My life is so incredibly salty, but you’re so sweet. It was like eating candy in a saltern.” A startled Nam Ha Neul responds by stammering, “C-candy in a saltern?”

Amidst glimpses of the former classmates’ budding romance, Nam Ha Neul says in voice-over, “We wound up meeting again during the worst slumps of our lives.”

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27, 2024 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out the new teaser below!

While you wait for “Doctor Slump,” watch Park Hyung Sik on Viki below!

WATCH NOW

https://soompi.com/article/1633996wpp/watch-park-hyung-sik-and-park-shin-hye-are-former-rivals-who-meet-in-their-darkest-hour-in-doctor-slump-teaser

Salty and sweet Park Hyung-shik, Park Shin-hye in Doctor Slump

by missvictrix

What does JTBC need to do to sell this Park Hyung-shik (Our Blooming Youth) and Park Shin-hye (Sisyphus) rom-com? Nothing, that’s what. This puppy sells itself. Just watch the teaser.

Doctor Slump tells the story of two doctors going through slumps in their personal and professional lives. Yeo Jung-woo (Park Hyung-shik) is a renowned plastic surgeon whose career is being wrecked by a malpractice suit, and Nam Ha-neul (Park Shin-hye) is a burnt out and disillusioned anesthesiologist who has only invested in her career. Once rivals as students, the two now meet again at their low points and… you know the drill. It involves tropes like tending wounds and beach frolicking.

https://youtu.be/ByW3452eQ8o

Our newest teaser turns up the chemistry between them, with quick cuts of cute moments. Jung-woo says that while his life is pure salt right now, Ha-neul is the sweetness in the middle of it. And as for Ha-neul, her voiceover says that the two re-met during the worst periods of their lives. The rest is just K-drama magic.

With PD Oh Hyun-jong (The One and Only) at the helm (who also worked on Find Me in Your Memory and Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo) and screenwriter
Baek Sun-woo (who worked on My Roommate Is a Gumiho and You Who Forgot Poetry) on the scripts — well, it’s going to be hard for them to mess this one up. It has all the things going for it. Doctor Slump premieres on JTBC on January 27, and will stream on Netflix.

Bonus: Netflix also released their official teaser cut for the series.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/salty-and-sweet-park-hyung-shik-park-shin-hye-in-doctor-slump/

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024

Greetings from Dr Slump’s leads Park Shin Hye and Park Hyungsik

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024
갑진년 새해 복 많이 받으세요!

올해도 젭티와 함께 행복한 한 해 되시고,
<닥터슬럼프> 하늘X정우는 1월 27일에 만나요

JTBC 새 토일드라마 <닥터슬럼프>
1월 27일 [토] 밤 10시 30분 첫 방송!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024
Happy New Year!

Have a happy year with Jepti again this year,
<Doctor Slump> Haneul

JTBC’s new Saturday-Sunday drama <Doctor Slump>
First broadcast on January 27th [Sat] at 10:30 PM!

instagram.com/reel/C1iddL7p-eD/

GCuTVmTbIAAqNSx?format=jpg&name=medium

New Year Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguins