[Drama 2023] Mean to Be - 하늘의 인연 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

9 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

It does. I thought I was the only one who noticed this!

Goodness, I hope it's not like that story where the mother who manipulated everything just got to continue her life with a besotted husband and a loving birth daughter. Oh yes, it was mother's love.  

Are we going to get KCW as a father who would do anything for his daughter KSN? Then he found out that she was not !! I would prepare a poll if I think there are more than 3 or 4 people watching this. :loolz:

• LOL 2

Okay, what's going to happen first... Kang finding out that SeRin is not his real daughter or Serin's mom finding out that Kang was the one that killed Yi-Chang.

Unless I missed som scences, I'm still surprised that it's been 60+ episodes, and Jin-Woo doesn't know Sol is Ha In OR the fact that Sol doesn't seem to remember any people she met in her childhood. Did she forget Kang tried to hit her when she was a kid, or that she and Serin actually met when they were kids?? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kboramint said:

Unless I missed som scences, I'm still surprised that it's been 60+ episodes, and Jin-Woo doesn't know Sol is Ha In OR the fact that Sol doesn't seem to remember any people she met in her childhood. Did she forget Kang tried to hit her when she was a kid, or that she and Serin actually met when they were kids?? 

And they were 8 years old too. I am sure at 30-35, we remember our friends of 20 odd years earlier, at least ones that were close. It's a daily.

I don't see why they don't just kill off sec Na.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

49 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't see why they don't just kill off sec Na.

I think they should kept Sol's step-dad alive and kill off Sec. Na. They were building a redeption story arc around him and SeRin. Without him, there is no purpose to reveil that she is his real daughter UNLESS they make Kang furious upon hearing that news and we have a storyline where he discards SeRin and her mother. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, kboramint said:

I think they should kept Sol's step-dad alive and kill off Sec. Na. They were building a redeption story arc around him and SeRin. Without him, there is no purpose to reveil that she is his real daughter UNLESS they make Kang furious upon hearing that news and we have a storyline where he discards SeRin and her mother. 

Maybe they want to keep him as a nice guy. If he had to choose between HI and SN, that would make it very difficult for him. Of course, they could make the FM a self sacrificing nut, she would always give way to KSN to avoid conflicts. He's dead, so we get to see KCW's reaction when he finds out that KSN is the daughter of the man he killed.

I want to see KCW rejected by everyone he had tried to keep. Maybe the chauffer would be the only one left. The others in that family deserved  a prison time too.

Why is MDH eating at their table? Is he and KSN engaged?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maribella said:

When I see the poster of KCW with SN and HI on either side.... we are going to hear 'we are sisters', 'he is my abeoji' boo hoo .... 

:hahah!:

That poster was misleading. If you look at that before the show started, you would think this a weekend family drama similar to The Real Has Come.   

• Like 3

@maribella @kboramint I seriously hate how happy that poster looks. It makes Kang look like a good person when he's a greedy slimeball willing to kill people to get his way. A cute poster with taxi ahjeoshi and his two girls would have been so much better, but they killed him instead of Secretary Na. I know she is the one who can tell everyone what he did but.... they have NO evidence. If she had gone to the police earlier she would have had a witness. Ughhhhhhhh. 

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

That poster was misleading. If you look at that before the show started, you would think this a weekend family drama similar to The Real Has Come.   

I hope you are right. There are many more episodes, they could even turn SN into a repentant, super worker with great talents. :D
Homemade love story, which I enjoyed watching at most times, we heard the protagonist going' we are sisters' to the antagonist, who was not related to her - her birth mother's stepdaughter with her late husband.

1 hour ago, CupcakeEonni said:

@maribella @kboramint I seriously hate how happy that poster looks. It makes Kang look like a good person when he's a greedy slimeball willing to kill people to get his way. A cute poster with taxi ahjeoshi and his two girls would have been so much better, but they killed him instead of Secretary Na. I know she is the one who can tell everyone what he did but.... they have NO evidence. If she had gone to the police earlier she would have had a witness. Ughhhhhhhh. 

There's alway some simple solution in dailies that they deliberately ignore since it keeps their storyline going. 
It is beyond me to understand how she could bring HI into the Kang house, knowing that Kang had tried to kill the mother and wanted the baby dead. 

She now knows that Kang has been manipulating her. Would she go home and hear about Na's meltdown? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CupcakeEonni said:

The Taxi ahjeoshi and SN had a connection. He was the only one in the story so far that could helped her redemption. Now, what are they going to do? You really think Kang is going to care for her when he finds out that they are aren't blood related? He's only going to stick around because he wants to stay being part of a chaebol.     

I bet you anything that he's going to be on Sol's side when he finds out that SN is not his daughter. Just watch.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

The Taxi ahjeoshi and SN had a connection. He was the only one in the story so far that could helped her redemption.

IC was a nice person through and through. From helping a random little girl in trouble, with money and his working time to trying to put some sense into his newly found birth daughter's head.

Did he meet SN again after they had the heart to heart talk? 

I am not sure about Kang switching sides. It's unusual to have a thoroughly bad villain without a soft spot in the dailies that I have watched. No matter how bad he is, I think it's very wrong to saddle a man with another man's child. With her father's money and support, I think Kang would still accept MK's daughter.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maribella said:

IC was a nice person through and through. From helping a random little girl in trouble, with money and his working time to trying to put some sense into his newly found birth daughter's head.

Did he meet SN again after they had the heart to heart talk? 

I am not sure about Kang switching sides. It's unusual to have a thoroughly bad villain without a soft spot in the dailies that I have watched. No matter how bad he is, I think it's very wrong to saddle a man with another man's child. With her father's money and support, I think Kang would still accept MK's daughter.

In most K-Dramas that I watched, the villian does not want to get involved with their rival's kid. I could see a scenerio where Kang  puts all the blame on the death of IC onto SN. Use Sol to get revenge on MK and her father then try to take over all of the company. 

----

I still don't know what is the point of having an anonyous executive.    

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kboramint said:

In most K-Dramas that I watched, the villian does not want to get involved with their rival's kid. I could see a scenerio where Kang  puts all the blame on the death of IC onto SN. Use Sol to get revenge on MK and her father then try to take over all of the company. 

----

I still don't know what is the point of having an anonyous executive.    

I don't see Kang choosing Sol/HI over SN. He has rejected his daughter for her whole existence. He might reject SN but taking HI in her place ...? A great big epiphany must hit him. I am not saying it's impossible. I think Chairman Jeon will die. He'll use MK. Maybe SN will fight him. 

David Joo is HI's guardian angel.

He is going to come up with the 30 million.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, maribella said:

I don't see Kang choosing Sol/HI over SN. He has rejected his daughter for her whole existence. He might reject SN but taking HI in her place ...? A great big epiphany must hit him. I am not saying it's impossible. I think Chairman Jeon will die. He'll use MK. Maybe SN will fight him. 

David Joo is HI's guardian angel.

He is going to come up with the 30 million.

Based on today's episode, it looks like this show is taking plot elements from Red Shoes.  

• Like 2

The Kangs and Moons were celebrating the whole time, then Mr Joo and JW met the Chinese investor. Just from the raw episodes, the Sol/HI team outplayed the Kangs. 

Not sure about the significance  of HI pretending to leave for the US. I am guessing she's using the money and ticket that Kang gave her to send sec Na to the US for treatment. I don't think her birth mum is coming back to save her. She referred to her mother's body being found.

She seemed smart and determined except for the time that she said goodbye to Kang, was she still duped when she remembered  Kang hugging his 'daughter' SN? Did she expect the bugg*** to hug her too???

On 7/24/2023 at 2:12 AM, kboramint said:

still don't know what is the point of having an anonyous executive.    

MDH is the crooked legal director and Kang is the senior something, David Joo could not find out their manipulations if they knew his identity. 
There is always a hidden investor in dailies. 
It's more than 60 episodes, I wonder if we will see the WTOD. 

• Like 2