[Drama 2024] My Sweet Mobster/The Woman Who Plays, 놀아주는 여자

larus

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

20240620010837_my-sweet-mobster-12.jpg?s

"My Sweet Mobster" Continues Lone Ratings Race At Steady Pace

My Sweet Mobster” continues its run at a steady pace!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 3 of JTBC’s “My Sweet Mobster” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 1.9 percent. This is a 0.3 percent decrease from its previous episode’s rating of 2.2 percent.

Based on a popular webtoon, “My Sweet Mobster” is a romance drama with surprising twists starring Um Tae Goo as Seo Ji Hwan, a man who has overcome his troubled past, and Han Sun Hwa as Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1669212wpp/my-sweet-mobster-continues-lone-ratings-race-at-steady-pace

• Wiggle 1

20240620081615_my-sweet-mobster-5_d4a1ac

Prosecutor Kwon Yool Interviews Han Sun Hwa As A Witness To An Assault Case In “My Sweet Mobster”

Jun 20, 2024
by E Ezeji

JTBC drama “My Sweet Mobster” has shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode!

“My Sweet Mobster” is a new romance drama with surprising twists starring Um Tae Goo as Seo Ji Hwan, a man who has overcome his troubled past, and Han Sun Hwa as Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator. The drama promises a story of reconciling the past and rediscovering childhood innocence. Kwon Yool stars as Jang Hyun Woo, a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office and an enthusiastic subscriber of Mini Unnie.

Spoilers

Go Eun Ha still carries memories of Hyun Woo, who played with her during her childhood, and is still searching for him. All she knows is his name Hyun Woo, his age, his dream of becoming a prosecutor, and the neighborhood where they used to live. Despite this limited information, she still holds onto the hope that she will meet him someday if he is still alive.

It seems Go Eun Ha’s wish is about to come true as someone who could be Hyun Woo appears before her. Prosecutor Jang Hyun Woo, an enthusiastic subscriber of Go Eun Ha’s channel, calls Go Eun Ha to his office to interview her as a witness to an assault incident that occurred at a club.

In the released stills, a nervous Go Eun Ha enters the prosecutor’s office, and Jang Hyun Woo comes to greet her. As soon as Go Eun Ha sees Hyun Woo’s name, her demeanor changes, and she begins to interrogate him. my-sweet-mobster-3_dde2b8.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-4_0ad69e.jpg

Spoiler

my-sweet-mobster-2_7ac8b5.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-1_a1eb0f.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1669332wpp/prosecutor-kwon-yool-interviews-han-sun-hwa-as-a-witness-to-an-assault-case-in-my-sweet-mobster

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

20240621004223_Han-Sun-Hwa-Um-Tae-Goo.jp

"My Sweet Mobster" Ratings Return To All-Time High For 4th Episode

JTBC’s new drama “My Sweet Mobster” enjoyed a rise in viewership last night!

On June 20, the new romantic comedy starring Han Sun Hwa, Um Tae Goo, and Kwon Yool returned to its all-time ratings high for its fourth episode.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “My Sweet Mobster” climbed back up to an average nationwide rating of 2.3 percent, matching the ratings achieved by the drama’s premiere last week.

Congratulations to the drama’s cast and crew!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1669508wpp/my-sweet-mobster-ratings-return-to-all-time-high-for-4th-episode

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

My Sweet Mobster: Episodes 3-4

by DaebakGrits

As our mobster and content creator spend more time with one another, she learns that she really shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Our mobster may look like his pages are full of violence and gore, but underneath his black cover is a story full of innocent romance and second chances.

EPISODES 3-4

Last we saw Eun-ha, she was in quite the predicament, having discovered that a product she’d endorsed made hundreds of children sick. Ji-hwan, who’d just been discharged from the hospital, witnessed Eun-ha’s panicked rush to the hospital, and because he sensed something was wrong, he made [attractive flower boy] General Manager JOO IL-YOUNG (Kim Hyun-jin) pull a U-turn.

It’s a good thing he did because Eun-ha, crushed by the weight of her own guilt, froze when the (understandably) angry parents lashed out at her. She would have passively accepted their abuse had her black knight in a flowing trench coat not swooped in to shield her from their projectile milk cartons. After telling Eun-ha to close her eyes and count to ten, Ji-hwan hoisted her over his shoulder (hawt) and turned to the pack of parents. Sternly, he told them to hold on to their milk and save it — and their anger — for the company that rightfully deserves their ire (also hawt).

Ji-hwan insists on driving Eun-ha home, but once they’re in the car, he flounders when it comes to comforting the despondent woman next to him. She’s ashamed, she tells him, that she trusted the milk company based on their friendly marketing, and she’s disappointed in herself for having judged a book by its cover for the second time — a subtle ackowledgement of how she’d misjudged him and his company based on appearances, too. Our leading lady may be a gulliblepushover, but at least she owns up to her mistakes and apologizes to those she inadvertently harms. (Plus-one for character building!)

Ji-hwan and Il-young drop Eun-ha off at her friend KOO MI-HO’s (Moon Ji-in) place, and Ji-hwan, who doesn’t want to part ways, is torn between rejecting her offer to dry-clean his milk-stained coat and wanting to use the coat as an excuse to see her again. The desire to have a lingering tie to the object of his affection wins, and he hands his coat over to Eun-ha. A keenly observant Il-young whips out a business card and tells her to call if she ever “needs a ride.” Or, you know, she needs to return the coat.

Thankfully, the tainted milk didn’t cause any permanent or life-threatening damage to the children, so when Eun-ha returns the next day, only one (formally hostile) parent remains. The mother is noticeably subdued, and she admits that she’s also partially at fault because she, like Eun-ha, didn’t do her own research. She admits she purchased the milk because Eun-ha, unlike other content creators, was focused on educating and entertaining children over pushing products, which made her feel more trustworthy. (Oof.)

Ah, yet another reminder that the universe likes to take giant steaming dumps on the good guys, but — guess what? — the world just keeps hurling poop emojis at Eun-ha. Macaron Soft is actively preparing to throw Eun-ha under the bus because of Milk-Gate, and phase one of their plan is to “temporarily” shut down her account. When the office mean girl and ranking top dog KANG YE-NA (Song Seo-rin) finds out Eun-ha won’t be getting a steady paycheck from Macaron Soft, she “jokingly” offers to let Eun-ha clean her apartment.

Eun-ha sees right through Eun-ha’s “joke,” but because beggars can’t be choosers, she accepts Ye-na’s offer in order to get some quick cash — after all, the dry cleaning bill for Ji-hwan’s coat wasn’t cheap. The inside of Ye-na’s apartment yields insights to this particular mean girl’s character. Of course there’s a giant picture of herself on the wall that suggests her vanity is of the same magnitude as the portrait, but the contents of her office and at-home studio reveal a woman who has worked hard for her fame and success rather than having it handed to her.

While I’d still lump Ye-na in the same category with the other smarmy salespeople of the world, she takes pride in her career, and it’s that pride that makes her so annoyed with Eun-ha. From her perspective, Eun-ha is underachieving because she coasts along, doing whatever she wants, but the disconnect all boils down to the two women using different tools to measure their success. Eun-ha’s goal isn’t to gain the most likes or views — although she’d certainly like to reach more children — but to provide quality entertainment to kids that’s easy for them to understand.

Obviously, I’m biased for our leading lady — especially after Ye-na invited the rest of her mean girl posse over to humiliate Eun-ha — but, you know what? I respect that the writers have added depth to Ye-na’s character and given her a logical reason for disliking Eun-ha, even if I don’t agree with said logic. She’s not mean for the sake of being mean, and her bullying of Eun-ha isn’t over a man — at least not yet.

It’s gonna happened eventually, though, because Ye-na feels indebted to Ji-hwan, who freed her from her father’s debt, and his generosity endeared him to her. On the flip side, Ji-hwan doesn’t remember her (hah!), and when given the option to linger and talk with Ye-na or trail after the humiliated and sad Eun-ha, he obviously chooses Eun-ha. And thank gawd he did because what follows is pure squee-on-a-stick.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/my-sweet-mobster-episodes-3-4/

by Lily Alice, June 22, 2024
4 0

JTBC's rom-com My Sweet Mobster scored nationwide ratings of 1.85% (episode 3) and 2.28% (episode 4), not much different from 2.29% (episode 1) and 2.18% (episode 2). Considering the slow pace, the K-drama will most likely maintain 2-3% ratings for the upcoming episodes. 

QJlP52_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Sweet Mobster?

Episode 5 of My Sweet Mobster will air on June 26 (Wednesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-sweet-mobster-scores-decent-viewership-connection-remains-at-a-standstill

• Like 1

can see why ratings fell for ep 3. I was kind of bored too. it took me a while to finish the episode. they ask the big question on whether the people involved in advertising a product should be held responsible if the product is faulty. however, we don't get too much depth into that question. eun ha resigns and thats about that. 

ep 4 was kind of better but still a little slow. there isn't much plot but just kind of sitcom feel. we need conflict or some action to move the drama along. 

• Blob 1

Watch: Um Tae Goo And Han Sun Hwa Showcase Cute Chemistry On Set Of “My Sweet Mobster”

Watch: Um Tae Goo And Han Sun Hwa Showcase Cute Chemistry On Set Of “My Sweet Mobster”

JTBC’s “My Sweet Mobster” has unveiled a new making-of-video!

“My Sweet Mobster” is a romance drama with surprising twists starring Um Tae Goo as Seo Ji Hwan, a man who has overcome his troubled past, and Han Sun Hwa as Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator.

Spoilers

In the newly released video, Um Tae Goo portrays Seo Ji Hwan in a playful scene where he is seen drunk and joyfully spinning on a roundabout at a playground. Encouraged by the director to unleash the character’s cute side, Um Tae Goo initially appears shy but quickly immerses himself in the role. His natural and innocent portrayal contrasts sharply with his tough appearance, earning admiration from both the crew and fellow actors.

Later in the video, Han Sun Hwa joins the filming, and the two enjoy moments together on swings, seesaws, and slides. Um Tae Goo shows his considerate side by gently spinning the roundabout to ensure Han Sun Hwa doesn’t get too dizzy.

Meanwhile, after observing Um Tae Goo’s drunken portrayal, Han Sun Hwa humorously speculates that Um Tae Goo might behave similarly if he were really drunk. The video also captures the filming of a romantic scene, highlighting the actors’ versatility and their skillful performances.

Watch the full video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weANFPBuzeA

“My Sweet Mobster” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1670152wpp/watch-um-tae-goo-and-han-sun-hwa-showcase-cute-chemistry-on-set-of-my-sweet-mobster

• Where's My Oppa? 1

20240624014100_My-Sweet-Mobster-.jpg?s=94 Things Um Tae Goo And Han Sun Hwa Realized In Episodes 3-4 Of “My Sweet Mobster”

Jun 25, 2024
by andyzar

My Sweet Mobster” is slowly but surely picking up its pace into its plot, gifting us not only with greatly funny moments but also key points that most likely will be important for the development of the story. In this week’s episodes, Go Eun Ha (Han Sun Hwa) has to face many struggles that will lead her to a peculiar situation with Seo Ji Hwan (Um Tae Goo), making each of them realizing several things that until then could have gone unnoticed or are hard to swallow until that moment.

Warning: spoilers from episodes 3-4 ahead! 

1. Go Eun Ha’s reach and impact of her work as a video creator

Since episode 1, Go Eun Ha (Han Sun Hwa) has made it clear that she loves what she does as a video content creator, since sharing nice games and funny content to children is something she truly enjoys. However, after the big accident that resulted with many kids suffering from food poisoning, she inevitably has to face a reality check. So far, she has believed that as long as she genuinely cared for the children, her content wouldn’t cause any harm, but she finally has to accept that maybe she was in the wrong. That is why she passively accepts to bear the consequences from the backlash and decides to shut down her channel for a while.

Though it is totally unfair, she doesn’t delve too much into this and instead she starts to look for new employment, but this mission appears to be harder than she expected at first. So she puts her pride aside and accepts the offer from her colleague Kang Ye Na (Song Seo Rin) to clean her house, although later on Eun Ha realizes Kang Ye Na’s intentions weren’t genuine. But this doesn’t discourage her because what truly breaks her heart is not being able to properly say goodbye to her little followers. Though no one is more disappointed by the closing of her channel than Seo Ji Hwan (Um Tae Goo) himself.

2. Seo Ji Hwan’s deep interest in Go Eun Ha

After helping Eun Ha to get out of trouble back at the hospital, Seo Ji Hwan can’t help but to try to find a way to meet her again, so he quickly makes up an excuse and asks her in the most hilarious way to clean his coat for him after it got drenched in milk. It’s obvious he has a true interest for her, and even if it is too early to call it love, he is definitely on his way to fall hard for her. That is why the moment he finds out her channel is shut down he runs straight to look for her, taking the chance that his right hand Joo Il Young (Kim Hyun Jin) gets him after approaching Eun Ha’s close friend Gu Mi Ho (Moon Ji In).

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1669910wpp/4-things-um-tae-goo-and-han-sun-hwa-realized-in-episodes-3-4-of-my-sweet-mobster

• Like 1

Kwon Yool Sternly Warns Han Sun Hwa About Um Tae Goo In "My Sweet Mobster"

Jun 26, 2024
by E Ezeji

JTBC drama “My Sweet Mobster” has shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode!

“My Sweet Mobster” is a new romance drama with surprising twists starring Um Tae Goo as Seo Ji Hwan, a man who has overcome his troubled past, and Han Sun Hwa as Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator. Kwon Yool stars as Jang Hyun Woo, a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office and an enthusiastic subscriber of Go Eun Ha.

Spoilers

Previously in “My Sweet Mobster,” Seo Ji Hwan and Go Eun Ha went to the home of Seo Ji Hwan’s missing employee Jung Yoon Taek (Kim Hyun Gyu) to find his whereabouts. The missing employee’s house is far from safe, as a rival organization is believed to be holding him hostage. The tension reached its peak when an unidentified vehicle appeared in front of Go Eun Ha, who was playing with Jung Yoon Taek’s younger sibling.

A startled Seo Ji Hwan went into alert mode, but to everyone’s surprise, prosecutor Jang Hyun Woo got out of the car.

In the newly released stills, Jang Hyun Woo, who has consistently shown animosity towards Seo Ji Hwan, gives Go Eun Ha a warning about Seo Ji Hwan based on his own experience. In one of the stills, Go Eun Ha’s hardened expression while conversing with Jang Hyun Woo suggests that something serious is being discussed. Viewers are eager to see how Go Eun Ha will react to Jang Hyun Woo’s words and also find out about the incident that happened when Seo Ji Hwa and Jang Hyun Woo first met, as the backstory of their conflict is set to be revealed in the upcoming episode.

my-sweet-mobster-4_02cc6d.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-3_2f95a0.jpg

Spoiler

my-sweet-mobster-2_6d28c7.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-1_3538ad.jpg

In another set of photos, Go Eun Ha, who lost her accommodation after her agency abruptly terminated her contract, is seen making herself at home in the sauna, where she sought refuge. Holding a sikhye (sweet rice drink) in one hand, she gives off the vibe of a sauna regular. In one photo, she is seen sitting and talking with Yang Hong Gi (Moon Dong Hyuk), the head of Thirsty Deer’s PR team, sparking curiosity about how the two cross paths in the sauna.

Spoiler

my-sweet-mobster-7_647e76.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-6_912a98.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-5_030579.jpg

As Go Eun Ha and Yang Hong Gi tour the sauna, Go Eun Ha unexpectedly gets into a confrontation with some thugs who frequent the place. Attention is focused on the outcome of this nerve-wracking showdown that will shake up the sauna as Go Eun Ha and Yang Hong Gi face off against the thugs.

Spoiler

my-sweet-mobster-9_c62158.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-8_17d244.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1670699wpp/kwon-yool-sternly-warns-han-sun-hwa-about-um-tae-goo-in-my-sweet-mobster

Here are the ratings for Episode 5! :).

20240627014054_222.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

"My Sweet Mobster" Hits New All-Time High

Han Sun Hwa and Um Tae Goo’s “My Sweet Mobster” is on a roll!

According to Nielsen Korea, episode 5 of JTBC’s “My Sweet Mobster” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 2.4 percent. This is a 0.1 percent increase from its previous episode’s rating of 2.3 percent, marking the drama’s new personal best score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1670843wpp/my-sweet-mobster-hits-new-all-time-high

Um Tae Goo And Han Sun Hwa’s Relationship Becomes Awkward After Their Kiss In “My Sweet Mobster"

Jun 27, 2024
by E Ezeji

“My Sweet Mobster” is a new romance drama with surprising twists starring Um Tae Goo as Seo Ji Hwan, a man who has overcome his troubled past, and Han Sun Hwa as Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator.

Spoilers

Previously in “My Sweet Mobster,” Seo Ji Hwan asked Go Eun Ha, who had lost her job and had nowhere to go and was staying at a sauna, to become a tutor for his employees. He welcomed her into his home and even held a welcome party. At the end of the party, Eun Ha went out to the garden alone and, in a burst of excitement, accidentally kissed Seo Ji Hwan who had come looking for her.

Seo Ji Hwan, who had never kissed anyone in his 36 years of life, froze on the spot, while Go Eun Ha fell asleep before she could even process what had happened.

The released stills capture Seo Ji Hwan and Go Eun Ha grappling with the aftermath of their kiss. Go Eun Ha, vividly recalling her mistake from the previous night, hides under a blanket in remorse, while Seo Ji Hwan maintains an awkward distance from her.

As their relationship becomes more strained due to them keeping their distance from each other, another misunderstanding will arise between them. How will this unexpected incident impact Seo Ji Hwan and Go Eun Ha’s feelings for each other?

my-sweet-mobster-2_90cedb.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-3_55a6df.jpg

my-sweet-mobster-1_e58aa2.jpg

The next episode of “My Sweet Mobster” airs on June 27 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1670977wpp/um-tae-goo-and-han-sun-hwas-relationship-becomes-awkward-after-their-kiss-in-my-sweet-mobster

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 6! :).

20240628001737_Um-Tae-Goo-Han-Sun-Hwa-1.

"My Sweet Mobster" Rises To Its Highest Ratings Yet

JTBC’s “My Sweet Mobster” continues to draw new viewers!

On June 27, the romantic comedy starring Han Sun Hwa, Um Tae Goo, and Kwon Yool hit an all-time high in viewership for the third episode in a row.

According to Nielsen Korea, the sixth episode of “My Sweet Mobster” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.6 percent, marking a new personal record for the series.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1671138wpp/my-sweet-mobster-rises-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

The childhood friend named Hyun Woo that Eun-Ha is looking for is Ji-Hwan? Did he change his name? She thinks that Prosecutor Jang Hyun-Woo is that friend but I think Ji Hwan is.

I don`t know what to think about that scenario. It was alright (if not better) if Prosecutor Jang was that friend and Ji Hwan was her new romantic partner. I am tired of Kdrama trope of chilhood friend turning romantic partner. Well... It is what we get.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

My Sweet Mobster: Episodes 5-6

by DaebakGrits

Our poor mobster and his deerlings are really feeling the weight of society’s prejudices this week, but our content creator comes in like a wrecking ball of pure sunshine and kindness. She may have misjudged our mobster — and his employees — based on appearances, but she’s seen his inner softie and is now a believer in second chances.

EPISODES 5-6

Rivals Ji-hwan and Hyun-woo have officially met on the battlefield of love, and the tension between them is so thick it can be cut, battered, deep fried, and served with a side of radish kimchi and a pint of beer. Hyun-woo is none too pleased to see Eun-ha with Ji-hwan, and while Ji-hwan (himself) is certainly at the top of Hyun-woo’s list of potential dangers, her mere proximity to the former gangster could make her an unintended casualty in the ongoing feud between Ji-hwan and the Kitty Gang.

Hyun-woo insists on driving Eun-ha back to the city, and along the way Eun-ha tries to defend Ji-hwan. She’s not terribly convincing, though, because the truth is that she doesn’t know enough about Ji-hwan’s past to make an informed decision. However, she can also tell Hyun-woo is biased, and even though she doesn’t know the full story of his past, she can confidently tell Hyun-woo that she feels safe with Ji-hwan — an assertion that doesn’t go over well with him.

Although he claims he doesn’t hate Ji-hwan and that his concern stems from the various gang-related crimes he’s seen during his time as a prosecutor, he deems Ji-hwan the most dangerous person he knows and there’s 100% some history between the two men. Ten years ago, after a gang-related brawl, Hyun-woo witnessed Ji-hwan holding a bloodied bat while standing next to a bloodied and unconscious ajumma. Something tells me there’s more to that story than meets the eye — like Eun-ha’s first impression of Ji-hwan when she saw him holding the broken bottle — but you can’t blame Hyun-woo for thinking the worst of Ji-hwan in that situation.

After Hyun-woo, who is oblivious to Eun-ha’s current living situation (or lack thereof), drops Eun-ha off at her former apartment, our homeless heroine completely ignores his words of caution and returns to Ji-hwan’s house to retrieve her belongings. Eun-ha tries to explain to Ji-hwan that she only knows Hyun-woo because she was called in as a witness to the incident that occurred at the Kitty Gang’s nightclub, but Ji-hwan tells her that her candor is unnecessary. She shouldn’t have to clarify how she knows a prosecutor. Instead, she should be offering up excuses for why she knows a former gangster. He then sends her on her way, his self-pity convincing him that she’s safer on her own rather than living under his roof.

This is another one of those moments that make you really feel for Ji-hwan. While his pragmatic realism is objectively correct — his enemies are dangerous even if he isn’t a threat to Eun-ha — it’s also extremely painful to watch him deprive himself of happiness when society is already doing enough of that for him. Gah! Let the man build his meat processing empire and crush on the object of his affection in peace, dammit!

While Ji-hwan resigns himself to his lot in life, Eun-ha decides to spend the night at a jjimjilbang, but even at a sauna she can’t escape Ji-hwan’s reach. She accidentally (and literally) trips over one of his deerlings — specifically, the one in charge of Thirsty Deer’s marketing. One of the younger members of Ji-hwan’s inner circle, Marketing Deerling foolishly stole Ji-hwan’s seal so he could sign a contract with Ye-na — without Ji-hwan’s permission — and have her promote their children’s sausages. Needless to say, Marketing Deerling is in hot water with Ji-hwan, and he’s been hiding out at the jjimjilbang.

Yeah, it’s too bad the little dummy shares every moment of his life on social media, so of course Ji-hwan quickly locates him. It’s a good thing, too, because as soon as Marketing Deerling answers Ji-hwan’s call to come outside and face his (calm but equally terrifying) wrath, Marketing Deerling accidentally RickRoll'D off a group of large men itching for a fight. Eun-ha, bless her heart, tries to diffuse the situation, but she only makes things worse by pointing out all the flaws in one of the thug’s bootleg Pikachu tattoo.

Thankfully, Marketing Deerling never ended his phone call with Ji-hwan, who overheard the whole exchange and subsequently swooped into the sauna like a protective mastiff ready to cut some throats with his angular cheekbones. Without even trying, Ji-hwan saves his damsel and deerling because his mere presence is enough to scare away the thugs. Although the entire exchange with the tattooed gangsters was humorous (for the audience), the incident was dangerous enough for Ji-hwan to recant his previous statement. Eun-ha was, in fact, not safer on the streets of Seoul than she would be under his protection. As for Marketing Deerling, well, Ji-hwan is unwilling (in the moment) to forgive him for his mistake and sends him on his merry way.

Although Ji-hwan doesn’t intend to charge Eun-ha rent, she insists on earning her keep, so in exchange for free room and board, Ji-hwan asks her to tutor his deerlings and help them pass the high school proficiency test. Sounds simple enough, except not all of the deerlings are accepting of her presence in the house, which is why the more amiable ones of the bunch decide to host a party to welcome her — and Marketing Deerling, at Eun-ha’s request — into the fold. Several drinking games later, everyone — but the straightedge Ji-hwan — is drunk, which is how a giddy and playful Eun-ha ends up clasping Ji-hwan’s face and falling into his “twinkling and sparkling” eyeballs… and his lips. (Omo!)

The next morning, Eun-ha is feeling especially awkward and embarrassed, so she pretends she doesn’t remember the kiss. Ji-hwan, who very much remembers how her lips brushed his, follows her lead, and the whole exchange leaves them both thinking the other person regrets the kiss. And the misunderstanding only gains more traction for Ji-hwan when he overhears Eun-ha tell the deerlings that if she had to describe Ji-hwan in two words, she’d call him a “shoulder thug.” It’s a term Ji-hwan’s never heard before, so of course he latches onto the “thug” part, and because he’s already insecure about his past, his self-esteem plummets. Thankfully, Eun-ha sets the record straight, telling him to look up the term, and when he realizes it was actually a compliment in reference to his broad shoulders, his confidence — and the weight he sets the lat machine — skyrockets.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/my-sweet-mobster-episodes-5-6/

• Like 2

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (June 29, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

My Sweet Mobster: This show is a prime example of a drama that isn’t trying to be more than it is, but is spot-on and satisfying at accomplishing what it intends to do. Which is: Be silly and good-natured, embrace a little nuttiness, hit us in the tropes, convey a nice message about treating people well despite their past mistakes, and let its amiable spirit smooth out some of the rough corners. I’m not sure we would’ve gotten Han Sun-hwa in this bubbly, optimistic role if not for her aggressively chipper character in Work Later, Drink Now, but it’s nice to see a more toned-down version of that sunniness here. (Work Later‘s Ji-yeon was a memorable and impressive character, but took a bit of getting used to and definitely not for the faint of heart.) Six episodes in, we’re seeing a teensy bit of humor poking through Uhm Tae-gu’s deadpan mobster facade, but I have to say I really enjoyed the first couple weeks when everybody else was filming a slapstick rom-com while he was neck-deep in a noir gangster drama, which just made everything funnier. I actually worry that the more we head into conventional romance waters, the drier this drama will become, so I’m hoping this retains its simple, silly charm.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-june-29-2024/

5 Times Um Tae Goo Impressed Han Sun Hwa In Episodes 5-6 Of "My Sweet Mobster" 

Jul 02, 2024
by andyzar

Whoever decided on the name “My Sweet Mobster” understood the true essence of its main leads because this drama is getting more and more appealing every week. Despite the awkward way Seo Ji Hwan (Um Tae Goo) and Go Eun Ha (Han Sun Hwa) met (with her prejudices against mobsters and his conflicted past), Seo Ji Hwan is quickly charming his way into her heart. In last week’s episodes, they had many more opportunities to get to know each other, something that left a strong impression on Go Eun Ha. And as the story progresses, this most likely will open the doors to the beginning of their most anticipated romantic era. So here are some of the best moments of Ji Hwan that left not only Eun Ha impressed but many viewers as well.

Warning: spoilers from episodes 5-6 ahead! 

1. Helping her every time she needs it.

Last week we saw how Ji Hwan is someone who is able to grasp every situation quickly. Maybe it’s due to his years of being in front of a dangerous organization, which is why it’s not so much of a surprise that he jumps into action every time Eun Ha needs some help. He is reserved though and tries to distance himself from her after prosecutor Jang Hyeon Woo (Kwon Yool) talks about the risk she could be in just by being associated with Ji Hwan. But the moment he realizes she is homeless, Ji Hwan offers a place to stay in his house in exchange of helping his employees with their studies.

More

Um Tae Goo And Han Sun Hwa Take One Step Closer To Each Other's Hearts In "My Sweet Mobster"

Jul 03, 2024
by R Suhaila

JTBC drama “My Sweet Mobster” has released new stills teasing the beginning of a love story!

“My Sweet Mobster” is a romance drama with surprising twists starring Um Tae Goo as Seo Ji Hwan, a man who has overcome his troubled past, and Han Sun Hwa as Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator.

Spoilers

In the next episode, Seo Ji Hwan and Go Eun Ha are poised to experience subtle tension akin to a brewing storm during their private moments together.

As Seo Ji Hwan and Go Eun Ha spend more time with each other, they grow increasingly attuned to each other’s gazes, expressions, and actions. Seo Ji Hwan’s feelings toward Go Eun Ha are intensifying uncontrollably. Despite being a bachelor, Seo Ji Hwan oscillates between teasing and evoking laughter and sympathy whenever he’s around Go Eun Ha.

The eager staff members, aware of the tense atmosphere between Seo Ji Hwan and Go Eun Ha, made efforts to push their relationship forward. However, the two individuals remain cautious in approaching each other.

In the midst of it all, Seo Ji Hwan and Go Eun Ha have the opportunity to enjoy a private dinner together. In the newly released stills, Seo Ji Hwan is pictured at the table with a flushed face, clearly showing his excitement about the time spent with Go Eun Ha.

More
  • Like 1