JTBC 2023 DRAMA

BEHIND YOUR TOUCH

Hip.jpeg

Drama: Hip/ Behind Your Touch

Hangul: 힙하게

Genre: mystery, romance, supernatural

Network: JTBC, Netflix, TVING

Episodes: 16

Director: Kim Seok Yoon (My Liberation Notes, Law school, The Light in Your Eyes, My Wife’s Having an Affair this Week, Awl, Detective K, Old Miss Diary)

Writer: Lee Nam Gyu (Awl, My Wife`s Having an Affair This Week, The Light in Your Eyes)

Release Date: August 12, 2023- October 1, 2023

Runtime: Saturday, Sunday

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Drama“Hip”tells the story of events that unfold in the countryside.

“Behind Your Touch” (working title) tells the story of a girl named Ye Boon (Han Ji Min), who has always dreamed of becoming a vet in the small town of Mujin in Chungjeong Province but instead is stuck doing tough work to make ends meet. One day, she was given psychometric powers during one of her visits to a cow farm. She encounters the passionate detective Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki), who mistakes her for a pervert and attempts to tackle her. Eventually, the two grow closer as Jang Yeol relies on Ye Boon and her powers to solves his cases from petty crimes to serial murder.

Notes

Han Ji Min has worked with the director through the JTBC series The Light in Your Eyes, movie Detective K: Secret Of Virtuous Widow,  and Lee Min Ki worked with the director JTBC`s  My Liberation Notes and movie Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead.

Cast

Han Ji Min as Ye-bun

Lee Min ki as Jang-yeol

Suho as Sun Woo

Park Hyuk-kwon as shaman

Joo Min Kyung as Ok Hee

Lee Eun Jung as (cameo)

Posters

202307191128002697.jpg

Spoiler

rN2gkD_2f.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki,  Kdrama.com, Crunchyroll etc) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3

by lo_ve, July 27, 2022
38 17

Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki are currently in talks to reunite with director Kim Seok Yoon in a new JTBC drama.

On July 27th several media outlets shared that Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki will be working together again with director Kim Seok Yoon in the upcoming JTBC drama titled "Hip" (literal translation). 

Han Ji Min's agency BH Entertainment shared their side regarding the casting reports to Dispatch. They confirmed that the actress did receive the offer to lead the drama. They also shared that Han Ji Min is positively considering the drama. 

Lee Min Ki's side also responded to the news. Sangyoung Entertainment revealed that Lee Min Ki is reviewing the offer positively. 

If the two actors confirmed their casting, this will be their reunion project with the director. Han Ji Min has worked with the director through the JTBC series "The Light in Your Eyes." Meanwhile, this will be the next project of Lee Min Ki and director Kim Seok Yoon right after the hit 2022 drama "My Liberation Notes."

There are no other details revealed yet about the plot, broadcast station, and other details. 

"Hip" will reportedly premiere in 2023.

Q62eA_2f.png

Han Ji Min recently starred in the popular tvN drama "Our Blues" with Kim Hye Ja, Go Doo Shim, Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, Uhm Jung Hwa, and Kim Woo Bin. Before the year ends, she will also star in the upcoming TVING series "Beyond the Memory." 

Lee Min Ki on the other hand will now be focused on films for the rest of the year after "My Liberation Notes." He will star in the upcoming movie "Three Days" with Park Shin Yang, Lee Re, and Yoon Jong Seok. He will also make a special guest appearance in the film "Decibel" starring Kim Rae Won, Lee Jong Suk, Jung Sang Hoon, Park Byung Eun, Lee Sang Hee, and ASTRO's Cha Eun Woo.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/han-ji-min-will-reportedly-work-alongside-lee-min-ki-in-a-new-jtbc-series

Han Ji Min And Lee Min Ki In Talks To Reunite With “My Liberation Notes” Director For New Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jul 27, 2022
by E. Cha

Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki may be reuniting with director Kim Seok Yoon for a new drama!

On July 27, Lee Min Ki’s agency Sangyoung Entertainment confirmed that the actor was in talks to star in “Hip” (working title), a new drama by “My Liberation Notes” director Kim Seok Yoon.

“Lee Min Ki has received an offer to appear in ‘Hip,’ and he is currently reviewing the offer with a positive outlook,” stated the agency.

Han Ji Min’s agency BH Entertainment similarly confirmed, “Han Ji Min has received a casting offer for ‘Hip’ and is currently in talks [for the role] with a favorable outlook.”

Notably, if Han Ji Min accepts her offer, it will mark her third time working together with director Kim Seok Yoon: the actress previously starred in both his 2011 film “Detective K: Secret of the Virtuous Widow” and his 2019 drama “Radiant.” Meanwhile, Lee Min Ki recently starred in Kim Seok Yoon’s latest drama “My Liberation Notes.”

“Hip,” which is currently aiming for a premiere in the first half of 2023, will tell the story of events that unfold in the countryside.

Are you excited to potentially see Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki in this new drama?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1538147wpp/han-ji-min-and-lee-min-ki-in-talks-to-reunite-with-my-liberation-notes-director-for-new-drama

• Like 3

by lo_ve, September 13, 2022
49 7

EXO's Suho will reportedly return to acting next year!

On September 13th, media outlet JoyNews shared that EXO's leader Suho will be joining the upcoming drama "Hip."

Suho's agency SM Entertainment hasn't responded to the casting reports. 

"Hip" is a drama about the stories that will take place against the backdrop of rural areas. The series will be led by
Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki

The upcoming drama will be the next collaboration work of director Kim Seok Yoon ("My Liberation Notes" and "Law School") and writer Lee Nam Gyu ("I Picked Up a Star on the Road"). The two worked together for the works "The Light in Your Eyes," "Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead,"  "My Wife’s Having an Affair this Week," and more. 

This drama will be the reunion of Lee Min Ki with the "My Liberation Notes" director and Han Ji Min with the "The Light in Your Eyes" production team.

Meanwhile, there are no details yet on the character that was offered to Suho. 

"Hip" will be part of the drama lineup of JTBC for 2023. According to reports, the drama will start filming soon.

R1pPV_2f.jpg

If Suho confirms his casting, this will be his comeback to acting after three years. He last starred in the 2020 web drama "How Are You Bread" together with Lee Se Young, Moon Ji Yoon, Kim Seo Ra, Han So Young, and Kang Pil Sun

This series will possibly be the first official drama of Suho on a broadcasting channel. The idol-actor has starred in several web dramas like "Rich Man," "The Universe’s Star," and "EXO Next Door." Aside from web dramas, Suho has participated in movies such as "Gift," "Student A," "One Way Trip," and more. 

Suho got discharged from the military in February 2022. In April, the EXO member released his second solo album. He also participated in several variety programs and EXO activities since then. 

Aside from acting and idol activities, Suho will be part of the main cast of the SBS vacation reality program "Besties in Wonderland" together with Lee Kyu Hyung, Lee Sang Yi, Lee Yoo Young, Im Ji Yeon, and Cha Seo Won.

https://mydramalist.com/article/exo-s-suho-in-talks-to-work-alongside-han-ji-min-and-lee-min-ki-in-a-new-drama

• Like 2

EXO’s Suho Confirmed To Star In 1st Drama In 4 Years

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 16, 2022
by S. Cho

EXO’s Suho will soon be appearing in his first drama in four years!

SM Entertainment recently confirmed, “Suho will be appearing in the new drama “Hip’ (working title).”

The drama “Hip” will tell the story of events that unfold in the countryside and will be directed by Kim Seok Yoon of “Radiant” and “My Liberation Notes.” Currently, Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki are in talks for the lead roles.

“Hip” will be Suho’s first drama in over four years. He last starred in MBN’s 2018 drama “Rich Man, Poor Woman” and has also appeared in “Prime Minister & I,” “The Universe’s Star,” “How Are You Bread,” “Glory Day,” “Student A,” and more.

“Hip” is set to air in 2023.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1545422wpp/exos-suho-confirmed-to-star-in-1st-drama-in-4-years

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

[Exclusive] Park Hyuk-kwon, JTBC 'Hip' casting... Ten days after 'the youngest son of a conglomerate family'

563857_788018_387.jpg

Actor Park Hyuk-kwon appears in JTBC's new drama 'Hip'.

As a result of the coverage of Spotify News on the 15th, Park Hyuk-kwon confirmed his appearance in JTBC's new drama 'Hip' (tentative title, director Kim Seok-yoon, script Lee Nam-gyu).

'Hip-hop' tells the story of Ye-bun (Han Ji-min), a veterinarian with psychometric powers, and Jang-yeol (Lee Min-ki), a hot-blooded detective, who fall in love with each other as they solve minor crime cases in a small town in Mujin, Chungcheong-do. Director Kim Seok-yoon and writer Lee Nam-gyu of the JTBC drama 'The Light in Your Eyes' are again gathering much anticipation for this work.

Actors Han Ji-min, Lee Min-ki, and EXO's Suho have confirmed their appearances in the work. Park Hyuk-kwon will play the role of a local shaman in the play and will play an active role as a scene stealer.

Park Hyuk-kwon continues his hard work by appearing in JTBC's 'Maknae Son of a Conglomerate', which is set to premiere on the 18th prior to 'Hip-like'. In this work, Park Hyuk-kwon takes on the role of Jin Do-jun (Song Joong-ki)'s helper and partner, Oh Se-hyeon, and works with Song Joong-ki.

- SPOTV NEWS

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Casting news

Joo Min-kyung side "It's true to appear in 'Hip-like'...Han Ji-min's friend role" [Official position]

Actor Joo Min-kyung appears as Han Ji-min's friend in 'Hip-hop'. On the 20th, an official from the agency Story J Company told OSEN, "Mr. Joo Min-kyung will appear in the new drama 'Hip-like'".

'Hip Like' is a new work by director Kim Seok-yoon, who directed 'My Liberation Journal', and is a work that is in harmony with writer Lee Nam-gyu, who wrote 'The Light in Your Eyes', and is highly anticipated by drama fans. The male and female leads are also played by actor Han Ji-min, who appeared in 'The Light in Your Eyes', and actor Lee Min-ki, who appeared in 'My Liberation Journal'.

Among them, Joo Min-kyung played the role of Ye-bun's friend Ok-hee in the play. According to the agency, Joo Min-kyung will play an active role as Han Ji-min's best friend in the play.

Joo Min-kyung is an actor who debuted in the JTBC drama 'Yuna's Street' in 2014. She showed off her presence by appearing in 'I heard it through rumors', 'Pretty sister who buys me food', and 'Spring night'. She also performed passionately in 'Green Mothers Club', which was broadcast last May.

https://news.koreadaily.com/2022/12/19/sports/broadcast/20221219210945614.html

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Lee Min Ki And Han Ji Min Get Off On The Wrong Foot In Upcoming Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 17, 2023
by S. Kim

Netflix has shared the first still of Lee Min Ki and Han Ji Min in their upcoming drama!

“Behind Your Touch” (working title) tells the story of a girl named Ye Boon (Han Ji Min), who has always dreamed of becoming a vet in the small town of Mujin in Chungjeong Province but instead is stuck doing tough work to make ends meet. One day, she was given psychometric powers during one of her visits to a cow farm. She encounters the passionate detective Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki), who mistakes her for a pervert and attempts to tackle her. Eventually, the two grow closer as Jang Yeol relies on Ye Boon and her powers to solves his cases from petty crimes to serial murder.

This marks Han Ji Min’s third time working together with director Kim Seok Yoon: the actress previously starred in both his 2011 film “Detective K: Secret of the Virtuous Widow” and his 2019 drama “Radiant.” Meanwhile, Lee Min Ki recently starred in Kim Seok Yoon’s latest drama “My Liberation Notes.”

lee-min-ki-han-ji-min.jpg

“Behind Your Touch” will air via JTBC in 2023. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563301wpp/lee-min-ki-and-han-ji-min-get-off-on-the-wrong-foot-in-upcoming-drama

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Behind Your Touch/Hip, 힙하게- Han Ji Min & Lee Min Ki-Premieres in 2023
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Han Ji Min, Lee Min Ki, And EXO’s Suho’s Upcoming Drama Confirms Premiere Date

Jun 21, 2023
by S. Nam

20230621034828_Han-Ji-Min-Lee-Min-Ki-Suh

JTBC’s upcoming weekend drama starring Han Ji Min, Lee Min Ki, and EXO’s Suho is gearing up for its premiere!

“Behind Your Touch” (working title) is a comedy investigative drama about a diligent yet busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Boon (Han Ji Min) who somehow gains psychometric abilities to be able to see the past of both people and animals in Mujin, a small rural village free of crime, and the ambitious elite detective Moon Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki) who needs her abilities to return to the criminal investigation team in Seoul.

This marks Han Ji Min’s third time working together with director Kim Seok Yoon: the actress previously starred in both his 2011 film “Detective K: Secret of the Virtuous Widow” and his 2019 drama “Radiant.” Lee Min Ki also starred in Kim Seok Yoon’s latest drama “My Liberation Notes.”

Han Ji Min plays the affectionate and busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Boon who gains psychometric abilities by chance. She has the ability to see the past of people and animals if she touches their butt. While testing out her abilities, she gets caught by zealous detective Moon Jang Yeol and sets out the resolve a mysterious incident.

Han Ji Min shared, “I prepared and filmed with all my heart and with great affection to the extent where it was sad each and every day when filming came to an end. We were able to complete ‘Behind Your Touch’ thanks to director Kim Seok Yoon as well as scriptwriter Lee Nam Gyu, the actors, and staff. We will greet viewers with ‘Behind Your Touch’ at the end of summer.”

lee-min-ki-han-ji-min.jpg

Lee Min Ki will transform into detective Moon Jang Yeol who has been relegated to the rural village of Mujin from the criminal investigation team. Overflowing with passion, he has great obsession over investigating his cases, so he goes around looking for opportunities to return to Seoul from his peaceful and quiet life in Mujin. He becomes completely drained after seeing Bong Ye Boon, who possess a novel and bizarre ability. However, while taking care of cases one at a time, a serial murder case occurs in Mujin, awakening his detective instincts.

Lee Min Ki shared, “I’m really grateful to meet Ye Boon and Sun Woo as Jang Yeol, and it was an honor to work hard and enjoyably with great senior and junior actors as well as the director and our staff members. I was really grateful while working on the project, and now that it has passed, it remains as an even more precious memory. I’m also awaiting the broadcast with heart-fluttering excitement.”

EXO’s Suho will take on the role of Kim Sun Woo, who has an angelic appearance and personality. He suddenly comes down to the village of Mujin one day and starts working as a part-timer at a convenience store, shaking up Bong Ye Boon’s heart with his kind smile. Already, anticipation is great for Suho’s portrayal of the friendly yet mysterious Kim Sun Woo, who is a difficult character to read.

Suho shared, “I really enjoy director Kim Seok Yoon’s projects. I was grateful to work together with him, and it was meaningful. Furthermore, I was happy to work with senior actors whom I respect, and it was even more meaningful as it was a project I acted in for the first time in a while.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1595346wpp/han-ji-min-lee-min-ki-and-exos-suhos-upcoming-drama-confirms-premiere-date

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Behind Your Touch, 힙하게- Han Ji Min & Lee Min Ki-Premieres on August 12
by Lily Alice, June 21, 2023
2 0

Han Ji MinLee Min Ki, and Suho are making a comeback with a dynamic comedy mystery drama.

JTBC's highly anticipated new weekend drama, Behind Your Touch has revealed its premiere date to be August 12.

0wxReY_2f.jpg

The series, written by Lee Nam Gyu, Oh Bo Hyun, and Kim Da Hee, and directed by Kim Seok Yoon and Choi Bo Yoon, takes place in the idyllic and crime-free rural village of Mujin. It follows the story of an honest and hardworking veterinarian named Bong Ye Bun (Han Ji Min), who unexpectedly develops psychometric abilities, allowing her to see the past of both animals and humans. When a passionate detective from Seoul's Kwangsu University, named Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki), returns to the village, he meets Ye Bun and comes to know of her unique abilities. Together, they embark on a hilarious journey of solving peculiar cases.

The peaceful village of Mujin, known for its peculiar residents, becomes the backdrop for the comedic duo as they find themselves entangled in a series of sensational murder cases. Initially solving only minor domestic incidents, they gradually face a challenge that surpasses their wildest imaginations.

With the intriguing fusion of psychometry and comedy, the drama sets high expectations for an unparalleled "psychomic (psychometry x comic) thriller".

Joining Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki is Suho, a member of the popular group EXO and an accomplished actor, who plays the character Kim Sunwoo. Possessing a gentle demeanor, Kim Sunwoo mysteriously arrives in Mujin and starts working at a local convenience store. Viewers eagerly anticipate Suho's performance as he unveils the hidden depths of Kim Sunwoo's character.

Actress Han Ji Min stated, "I put my best effort and affection into preparing and filming to the point where it was sad to see each day of shooting end. Thanks to director Kim Seok Yoon, writer Lee Nam Gyu, the actors, and the staff, Behind Your Touch was completed successfully. I'm looking forward to meeting you all at the end of summer with Behind Your Touch". 

Her co-star, Lee Min Ki, commented, "I was grateful and happy to be able to meet the characters Jang Yeol, Ye Bun, and Sun Woo. It was an honor to work with respected seniors, the director, and our staff, and even during the production, I felt a lot of gratitude. Now that it's over, it remains a more precious memory. With an excited heart, I am waiting for the broadcast too".

Whereas, the idol and actor Suho expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to work with director Kim Seok Yoon, whom he greatly admires. He also expressed his happiness in collaborating with respected senior actors and dedicated staff. Having taken on this project after a considerable hiatus, Suho considers it a significant milestone in his career and eagerly awaits the broadcast with excitement.

Behind Your Touch is scheduled to premiere on August 12 on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/behind-your-touch-starring-exo-s-suho-han-ji-min-and-lee-min-ki-confirms-premiere-date

• Like 2

News bites: June 21, 2023

by tccolb

20230621034828_Han-Ji-Min-Lee-Min-Ki-Suh

JTBC’s fantasy Behind Your Touch has finally been slotted into the year’s schedule, premiering this summer on August 12. Starring Lee Min-ki (My Liberation Notes), Han Ji-min (Yonder), and EXO’s Suho (Rich Man), it’s reunions all around with production led by the duo behind The Light in Your Eyes — PD Kim Seok-yoon (My Liberation Notes) and writer Lee Nam-kyu (Awl). The series will follow King the Land in the weekend slot. [JTBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/news-bites-june-21-2023/

• Like 1

by Hazel Jung, June 29, 2023

Bdr4vV_2f.jpg

JTBC's new weekend drama Behind Your Touch (directed by Kim Seok Yoon and Choi Bo Yoon, written by Lee Nam Gyu, Oh Bo Hyun, and Kim Da Hee) is set to premiere on August 12th. 

Behind Your Touch is a comic investigative drama about a diligent, busybody veterinarian who can see into the past of animals and people thanks to her psychometric abilities and a lustful elite detective who needs her abilities to return to the Seoul Metropolitan Police Department. The "dynamic" duo known for solving minor local incidents in the peaceful and innocent village is entangled in a series of serial murders, igniting an extraordinary collaboration.

At the script reading, the ensemble cast, including director Kim Seok Yoon and writer Lee Nam Gyu, along with Han Ji Min, Lee Min Ki, Suho, Joo Min Kyung, Kim Hee Won, Park Hyuk Kwon, Park Sung Yeon, Lee Seung Joon, Park No Sik, Yang Jae Seong, Jung Il Rang, and Jo Min Kook, gathered to deliver passionate performances.

2wmjrV_2f.jpg

Han Ji Min portrays Bong Ye Bun, a veterinarian who unexpectedly gains psychometric superpowers. Ye Bun is a character with a big heart and a broad mind, able to see the past when touching either humans' or animals' bottoms. Han Ji Min skillfully depicts Ye Bun's dynamic transformation as she gets entangled with Detective Moon Jang Yeol (played by Lee Min Ki) and solves mysterious cases.

Lee Min Ki perfectly transforms into Detective Moon Jang Yeol, a passionate investigator driven by an insatiable desire to solve cases. Having been demoted from Seoul Investigation Team to a crime-free rural village, Jang Yeol struggles to return to Seoul. Lee Min Ki maximizes Jang Yeol's intriguing charm as he becomes entangled with Bong Ye Bun, who possesses extraordinary abilities, leading them to a series of serial murder cases. The impeccable comic chemistry between Han Ji Min and Lee Min Ki generates laughter and amplifies the anticipation for the drama.

Suho, a member of EXO and an actor, takes on the role of Kim Sun Woo, who possesses an angelic appearance and personality. Suddenly arriving in Mujin and starting a part-time job at a convenience store, Sun Woo captures Ye Bun's heart with his kind smile. Suho perfectly synchronizes with the character, portraying the mysterious side of Kim Sun Woo, who is kind but seemingly unreadable, adding excitement and tension to the story.

Xd3Qjp_2f.jpg

The Behind Your Touch production team stated, "The exceptional performances and synergy created by the actors effortlessly transitioning between comedy and thriller are remarkable. We invite you to anticipate this psychic (psychometry meets comic) thriller, which will be completed by our trusted life-maker and the dream team of actors in a whole new dimension."

https://mydramalist.com/article/behind-your-touch-script-reading-features-han-ji-min-lee-min-ki-and-suho

• Like 2

Lee Min Ki, Han Ji Min, EXO’s Suho, And More Impress At 1st Script Reading For Upcoming Comedy Thriller Drama

Jun 29, 2023
by M. Lim

JTBC’s upcoming weekend drama starring Han Ji Min, Lee Min Ki, and EXO’s Suho has shared photos from the first script reading!

“Behind Your Touch” (working title) is a comedy investigative drama about a diligent yet busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Boon (Han Ji Min) who somehow gains psychometric abilities to be able to see the past of both people and animals in Mujin, a small rural village free of crime, and the ambitious elite detective Moon Jang Yeol (Lee Min Ki) who needs her abilities to return to the criminal investigation team in Seoul.

Alongside director Kim Seok Yoon and writer Lee Nam Kyu at the reading were cast members Han Ji Min, Lee Min Ki, EXO’s Suho, Joo Min Kyung, Kim Hee Won, Park Hyuk Kwon, Park Sung Yeon, Lee Seung Joon, Park No Shik, Yang Jae Sung, Jung Yi Rang, and Cho Min Guk.

From the get-go, Han Ji Min captivated with her transformation into the affectionate and busybody veterinarian Bong Ye Boon who gains psychometric abilities by chance. She has the ability to see the past of people and animals if she touches their butt. While testing out her abilities, she gets caught by zealous detective Moon Jang Yeol and sets out to resolve a mysterious incident.

Lee Min Ki charismatically transformed into detective Moon Jang Yeol who has been relegated to the rural village of Mujin from the criminal investigation team. Overflowing with passion, he has great obsession over investigating his cases, so he goes around looking for opportunities to return to Seoul from his peaceful and quiet life in Mujin. He becomes completely drained after seeing Bong Ye Boon, who possesses a novel and bizarre ability. However, while taking care of cases one at a time, a serial murder case occurs in Mujin, awakening his detective instincts. At the script reading, it was said that Moon Jang Yeol’s nonstop comical bicker with Bong Ye Boon already brought great laughter to the set.

EXO’s Suho will take on the role of Kim Sun Woo, who has an angelic appearance and personality. He suddenly comes down to the village of Mujin one day and starts working as a part-timer at a convenience store, shaking up Bong Ye Boon’s heart with his kind smile. Already, anticipation is great for Suho’s portrayal of the friendly yet mysterious Kim Sun Woo, who is a difficult character to read.

han-ji-min.jpeg

Lee-Min-Ki.jpeg

Spoiler

suho-1.jpeg

Lee-Min-Ki-Han-Ji-Min-Suho.jpeg

The simple but somehow suspicious villagers will be portrayed by veteran actors and actresses. Joo Min Kyung will star as Bae Ok Hee, Mujin’s most sociable person. Although Bae Ok Hee is famous around town for being silly and unsophisticated at times, she is fiercely loyal and cares about her best friend Bong Ye Boon more than anyone else in the world.

Kim Hee Won will add laughter to the drama with his role as the head of Mujin Police Station’s Violent Crimes Team Won Jong Mook who always acts nonchalant and ice cold to Jung Hyun Ok, his “first love” who unashamedly flirts with him whenever she has the chance to. Park Sung Yeon will take on the role of Jung Hyun Ok, Bong Ye Boon’s aunt who runs the Bong Animal Clinic with Bong Ye Boon. Even though she knows she’s late now, she tries her best to win her first love Won Jong Mook’s heart back. Her unpredictable love story with Won Jong Mook will be one of the key points to look forward to in the drama.

Spoiler

joo-min-kyung.jpeg

kim-hee-won.jpeg

park-sung-yeon.jpeg

Park Hyuk Kwon will star as Park Jong Bae, a shaman who has lost his “skill” but still keep his job just to earn a living. Lee Seung Joon will play the role of Cha Joo Man, a native of Mujin who is also a gentle and easy-going congressman. Park No Shik will star as Kim Kwang Shik, an old bachelor who is now busy stealing women’s hearts after he accidentally gains a superpower by chance, just like Bong Ye Boon. Yang Jae Sung will star as Jung Eui Hwan, Bong Ye Boon’s grandfather and a righteous former director of Jung Livestock Hospital.

Spoiler

Park-Hyuk-Kwon.jpeg

Lee-Seung-Joon.jpeg

Park-No-Shik.jpeg

Yang-Jae-Sung.jpeg

Jung Yi Rang will play Na Mi Ran, a witty detective who always exerts her police authority to investigate her husband’s constant affairs. Lastly, Cho Min Guk will star as Bae Deok Hee, the maknae in the detective team who always helps Moon Jang Yeol as the latter constantly has a hard time with the mysterious Mujin villagers.

Spoiler

Jung-Yi-Rang.jpeg

Cho-Min-Guk.jpeg

The production team commented, “The actors’ passionate performance and synergy that go flawlessly back and forth between comedy and thrillers are a joy to watch. Please look forward to a new level of psychomedy [psychometric X comedy] thriller that will be presented by this dream team.”

“Behind Your Touch” is slated to premiere on August 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “King the Land.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1597332wpp/lee-min-ki-han-ji-min-exos-suho-and-more-impress-at-1st-script-reading-for-upcoming-comedy-thriller-drama

• Like 2

News bites: June 29, 2023

by tccolb

JTBC is preparing for August as well, bringing us the fantasy Behind Your Touch with Lee Min-ki (My Liberation Notes), Han Ji-min (Yonder), and EXO’s Suho (Rich Man). As this is K-dramaland, we can expect our leads to also be embroiled in some comedy and romance as they try and solve the mystery at hand. The series takes over the weekend slot after King the Land, premiering on August 12. [JTBC]

202306290951512489.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/news-bites-june-29-2023/

• Like 2