[Mainland Chinese Drama 2023 & 2024] Lost You Forever 长相思 S1 & S2

SC2019

ep 12

Xiang Liu - '' For a General, the best end is to die in battle''.    

His soothing words, his smile and his jokes...:approves:

GSWLhymWcAAg3m-?format=jpg&name=small

I think Jiang wanted to propose to her. It was annoying that she didnt wait for him to say what he wanted first.

GSiipe5bAAAmrJS?format=jpg&name=360x360

Cang Xuan is so tricky and persistent. His scenes are always full of strong emotions. 

GSif4c2WcAAwVUx?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 3

one of the best scenes from S1     

the explosion of emotion on FFB's face when XY hugged him...

then that violently ''shut up''.

803b15a289b14b21d18320b8ba28c83eec7e1cef

and that lonely walk ...

1aa3ee82bc1191d78a0c3fa4cf394313b01790a0

• Like 2

its always a bit annoying when everyone is in love with the heroine on dramas. :D

Another good scenes from S1

- the fight scene was pretty cool.

758130032fb2e50578e1ead97adbefba.jpg

liked his cold and threatening face... 

864506998f71e2421b5b67e54a1176435df14a8f

- the scene when Jiang saved the FL..

jQ0OXd_3m.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 9:11 PM, hush puppy said:

@leo2020  No wonder I did not see you.  Do you feel better after saying it out Loud ?   Right from Ep 1,  I have been complaining that it is too "Fast".  Like they are in hurry.  :lol:

It is the Second Season.  We have waited for a Year.  I would have thought that they should make it more entrancing for us.  But they "Cut" it so unceremoniously instead.  I wonder if it is because of the Censors?

No its not because of censors... in fact what they did was so weird and liable to get into trouble with censors lol 

Its just a matter of a fight of capitalists.. See whose backer has more money and say in the project. They then can decide how to butcher the story to suit their own needs... like more screen time and better CG for the ones who brought money to the production...  C ent is so different from how the western countries do their projects... they will plan everything, balance the budget so that it serves the overall drama, not just a few people.. 

How are you dealing with the past few eps? I could barely watch it... It was so awful what they did... 

On 7/14/2024 at 8:11 AM, hush puppy said:

@leo2020  No wonder I did not see you.  Do you feel better after saying it out Loud ?   Right from Ep 1,  I have been complaining that it is too "Fast".  Like they are in hurry.  :lol:

It is the Second Season.  We have waited for a Year.  I would have thought that they should make it more entrancing for us.  But they "Cut" it so unceremoniously instead.  I wonder if it is because of the Censors?

This season has been very rushed. And it feels as though they cram as much scenes as they can in each episode. Like before I can process my feelings and the scene, it already jumps to a different scene. Have you all caught up to recent episodes? 

On 7/18/2024 at 1:14 PM, chicha said:

No its not because of censors.....Its just a matter of a fight of capitalists.. See whose backer has more money and say in the project...
How are you dealing with the past few eps? I could barely watch it... It was so awful what they did... 

Hi @chicha    We know.  The Censors will not be so unreasonable right?  We mention it to "console" ourselves. 

:sad1:

They have enough space for another 40 eps.  But they chose to "butcher" it.  Serves them right.  That it failed this time.

We know very well of these Capitalists.  And the "Dark Side" of the Entertainment World.  Which is why one kept seeing the same old actors and actresses, regardless of their performances.  

On 7/18/2024 at 1:32 PM, Synsessa said:

This season has been very rushed. And it feels as though they cram as much scenes as they can in each episode. 

Hi @Synsessa   I don't think they are cramming as much scenes as they can in each ep.  They are deleting and highlighting according to their "Ego's.  Not to "Enhance" the Story.  But to "Satisfy" themselves

Novelist Tong Hua like Xiang Liu.  So you get more of him, for example.

They are "Marginalising"  Tu Shan Jing (Deng Wei).

As a result, I do not feel like discussing any more.  I Concentrate more on my "Deng Wei Thread" in "Global Celebrities".  Where we can based our Discussions on Deng Wei, without offending other viewers.

The appearance time of several main actors in "Lost You Forever 2" has been released.  They are  :
Yang Zi accounts for 44%, with a total appearance time of 22,614 seconds.
Xuan accounts for 23%, with a total appearance time of 12,124 seconds.
Tu Shan Jing (Deng Wei) accounts for 18%, with a total appearance time of 9,587 seconds.
Xiang Liu accounts for 9%, with a total appearance time of 4,534 seconds.
Feng Long accounts for 6%, with a total appearance time of 3,028 seconds.

They even "Butchered" Tu Shan Jing's Proposal Scene to Xiao Yao.  In the Novel, Tu Shan Jing transformed the background into a "Magical Scene" of the Beautiful Peach Blossoms Forest.  Where he obtain the "Affirmation" of Xiao Yao's mother.   It is one of the Most Romantic Scene of the story.  And we will Never see it .....forever.

• Like 1

ep 16...

it was frustrating to watch the scene between CX and XY because she is portrayed as a completely naive girl.  :rolleyes:

She should be close to him but she doesnt notice that he is miserable.

He is also boring with his one-sided love.  But this actor is so convincing in this role.   :approves:

and the scene was good. 

vXgWO2_3m.jpg

He just lowered his head. The silence was louder and heavier than any cry or word. 

GSsjXVNWUAAY6RX?format=jpg&name=small

JIang..new still

GSwyPbxbgAA3tBt?format=jpg&name=small

Im pretty sure Jiang is alive.  

The scene with the iron mask was like a scene from some Alexander Dumas novel.  :D

Like him better in the light blue robe than in that royal outfit.

XdOwbx_3m.jpg

wJgV3g_3s.jpg

My fav Jing's outfit...Now Im waiting for the next episode to see how he will be saved.   :hwaiting2:

I dont like the FL's wedding, that was unnecessary, and I expected that she would ask XL for help. 

x4nQoX_3m.jpg

34d623ab5c6bbae8bf75f6f22552cf0d.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 8:14 AM, chicha said:

Honestly I'm just holding myself together to stay with the drama. It's so frustrating...

Maybe what I'm about to say would seem too harsh,  but this is how I see it now. No disrespect to anyone.

So, now the story (at least what's left of it) is all about FL. She is everywhere, to the point of ridiculousness. All other characters are just moving dolls without proper story development. They are just there to serve her and to move her story forward. 

The editing is a complete mess. What could be a jewel ended up really bad. 

I know the ratings are sometimes manipulated, but still - Douban current rating for S1  is 7.8 and for S2 just 6.6. (I expect it to go even lower). Well, it says a lot...

On 7/18/2024 at 12:09 PM, hush puppy said:

The appearance time of several main actors in "Lost You Forever 2" has been released.  They are  :
Yang Zi accounts for 44%
Xuan accounts for 23%
Tu Shan Jing (Deng Wei) accounts for 18%
Xiang Liu accounts for 9%
Feng Long accounts for 6%

Thanks for the info! This just shows what I said... practically half of S2 is about FL and her actions and dialogs. 

Overall, I don't know if I would be able to finish S2 without fast forwarding...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

All other characters are just moving dolls without proper story development. They are just there to serve her and to move her story forward. 

Agree with that.    

:what!:looks like I missed the scene...anyway, it is nice...

6652dcdc1d62ab9e70b29e32379e9cc1.jpg

Xiang Liu looked so powerful on the battlefield until the end. 

That was a great performance and I especially liked the scene when RuShou bowed down to XL.         leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

That was a good death. 

GTGOozdawAETVEO?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3

Well, that’s a wrap! I like it that the drama series started and ended at Qing Shui Zhen (Clear Water Town). It seemed like there were only 2 streets in that town at the start of the drama, but as the camera panned away at the last shot, we can see that the town has grown. This reflects the fact that the whole of Da Huang is prospering under the rule of Cang Xuan, which is really nice. No more unrest and bloodshed - all three kingdoms are united and the people are living peaceful lives. Xiao Yao and Jing are also out there amongst the people living their lives peacefully. Nice ending to an enjoyable drama!

• Like 4

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2023 & 2024] Lost You Forever 长相思 S1 & S2
On 7/18/2024 at 6:27 PM, rocher22 said:

ep 16...

it was frustrating to watch the scene between CX and XY because she is portrayed as a completely naive girl.  :rolleyes:

She should be close to him but she doesnt notice that he is miserable.

He is also boring with his one-sided love.  But this actor is so convincing in this role.   :approves:

and the scene was good. 

vXgWO2_3m.jpg

I think the problem why the drama made people feel Xiaoyao was naïve might be because Cangxuan wasn't acting drunk enough LOL 
In the novel he was pretty out of it... but Cangxuan was supposed to hide his feelings from Xiaoyao really well too...I remember that he hid it so well, that when Xinyue called him out on it, he actually felt relieved, that at least one person in the world noticed. 
In the drama, he was being really very obvious :grimace:
I still can't blame Xiaoyao for not seeing his 'obvious' feelings when the two of them are always saying how they would live or die together because they are family... to her, never in her wildest dreams would CX be romantically interested in her.

On 7/14/2024 at 11:48 AM, hush puppy said:

I feel that "Lost You Forever - Season 2" proceeds "too fast".  Does anyone of you think so too?

Too fast that I cannot feel it.  Unlike Season 1, where we can slowly savor it :   the Narrations,  the Contemplations,  the Plottings. 

Which slowly builds up our emotions.

Take the unmasking of Tu Shan Hou and Fang Feng Yi Ying for an example.  It just happens too fast without much fanfare.  They have been masquerading for centuries (in the lives of the Gods & Spirits).  And suddenly "hey presto !".  Everything is solved in a jiffy.  Does not make sense isn't it?

I feel that the Punishment for both the adulterer and adulteress, is "too light".  It should be made Public, so that the Reputation of Tu Shan Jing as the Clans' Head of the "Nine-Tailed Fox Clan" is thoroughly cleared, once and for all.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0708%2F6e1e89bej00sgaiui001qd000xc00mhm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Yes from just drama fans to novel fans everyone could feel whiplash from how the scenes jump to the other... without clear markers of passing time... 

The Haoling war took about 27 years I think... but we couldn't tell...
Jing was missing for 6 years in the novel but in the drama... was he even gone for 6 months? He couldn't have just been trapped in that cave for years or floated out at sea for that long right? 

Anyway its fair to say the production team absolutely butchered S2. 
Its like they ran out of creative juice and just stopped caring at all. Even the CGI shots was halfhearted except for Xiangliu's scenes. 

As for the reputation of the Tushan Chief... the clan's dignity is more important than his individual reputation. Hence whatever scandal that can be covered up, would be covered up. Isn't that pretty much true in our modern day world with royals lol 
I am glad Xiaoyao doesn't care either. As long as she and Jing knows the truth, that is good enough for them. 
What the rest of the world thought does not matter to either of them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chicha said:

I still can't blame Xiaoyao for not seeing his 'obvious' feelings when the two of them are always saying how they would live or die together because they are family... to her, never in her wildest dreams would CX be romantically interested in her.

I find that a bit unconvincing. . She is smart and perceptive girl but she never even had the inexplicable feeling that he is in love with her. Its the same in her relationship with Xiang Liu.

No woman in this world is that naive.  :D

I thought that the FL would doubt for a moment that XL saved Jing. But no. Although thats ok, she was so happy

because Jing came back. 

:approves:

GTKE_wobsAAtF4a?format=jpg&name=small

kAqLVO_3m.jpg

• Like 1