Genre: Historical, Romance

Director: Shi Liang
Screenwriter: Ke Yi Tong
Producer: Luo Jian Wei

Episodes: 24

Broadcast Date:  Apr 26, 2024 - May 2, 2024

Network: iQiyi

Cast:

Dylan Kuo as Wen Ye (voiced by Hu Zheng Jian)
Zhang Miao Yi as Shen Keai
Ren Yun Jie as Zhou Yu (voiced by Ren Jing Hao)
Liu Zhi Wei as Zuo Shuangzhi (voiced by Mei Yuan Fei)
Song Mu Xin as Madame Yun Ying
Liu Shu Yuan as Guard Wan
Kong Lin as Empress Dowager (voiced by Bo Tang)
Chen Hao Wen as Prime Minister Shen (voiced by Zhao Zhe Hao)
Wu Yi Jia as Nan Bo (voiced by Xia Mi Chen)
Wang Shu Yi as Wen Yuanze (voiced by Li Li Qiao (刘李桥))
Wang Lue Tao as Tang Ti (voiced by Jiang Zi Han (姜子翰))
Jiao Zhong Hui as He Mu'er (voiced by Sun Ya Chen)
Li Xiao Tian as A Tao (voiced by Zhang Xin Fang (张馨方))
Yang Ling Da as A Da (voiced by Mu Xiao Bo (木小柏))
Ma Jun Ke as Shen Lingling (voiced by Wang Xiao Yue (王小月))
Li Xiao Nan (李晓南) as Aunt Xin (voiced by Zhang Wen Jie (张文婕))
Wu Mu Yuan (吴沐远) as Bi Yun (voiced by Gao Ya Ya (高亚亚))
Zhang Yuan Yu as Madame Shen (voiced by Feng Ze Rui (冯泽锐))
Feng Li Ping as Yi Fu (voiced by Zhang Ruo Bing)
Qu Ge as Head of Zhou Family (voiced by Sun Xi He (孙熹鹤))
Xue Ji (薛冀) as Uncle Dao (voiced by Yang Jin Han (杨瑨晗))
Shen Xue Wei as Emperor (voiced by Wang Jia Ming (王家明))

Synopsis:

The God of War, Wen Ye, died in battle on the eve of his wedding, and a nationwide mourning was held. The bride-to-be was the legitimate daughter of the Shen family. But Mrs. Shen was reluctant to let her daughter become a widow and feared the criticism that would come with a broken engagement. Thus, she found her estranged illegitimate daughter, Shen Ke Yi, who had been living in seclusion, and forced her to take her daughter's place in marriage.

Due to a mistaken war report, Wen Ye returned victorious, and Shen Ke Yi, who had married into the Wang family, became the true princess. However, she and the prince developed a complex and spirited relationship, and during their journey, they ignited the sparks of love. After facing numerous challenges, they eventually understood the true essence of love and protection. In the end, they chose to be together, not seeking wealth and prosperity but only desiring a few moments of leisure that belonged to the two of them alone

Credit: MDL, Dramawiki, Sohu

Preview & Specials :

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

Booting ceremony took place on 14 April 2022, so this will likely be a 2023 drama.

For those who enjoyed watching Dylan Guo in PB/ ELOD and our FL in Please Don't Spoil Me,

check them out here when it airs next year.

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2024] The Substitute Princess's Love 偷得将军半日闲

This drama aired recently. I have been somewhat fond of Dylan Kuo, the male lead and the FL from a webdrama. I am glad
she is getting the opportunity to star in a slightly bigger budget drama. They make quite a cute couple, though the storyline is nothing to shout. But the ML is quite an eye candy, IMHO and the FL is cute. Makes for easy-on-the-eye entertainment!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

This drama aired recently. I have been somewhat fond of Dylan Kuo, the male lead and the FL from a webdrama. I am glad
she is getting the opportunity to star in a slightly bigger budget drama. They make quite a cute couple, though the storyline is nothing to shout. But the ML is quite an eye candy, IMHO and the FL is cute. Makes for easy-on-the-eye entertainment!

This dropped so fast I literally can't squeeze it into my watching schedule). But I'll definitely watch it when I have time. I enjoyed Dylan's acting in Pillow Book. 

• Like 2

Oh, I like this actress! She’s cute, and looks like a younger version of Ariel Lin. I’ll certainly watch this drama for her. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After watching the trailer, I think I will wait for this favorably.

Both leads are familiar but I do not have a lasting impression of their acting.

I just remember eye candy. Hahaha.