Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

I was watching a video I created before about "A Man Called God" and a familiar ache pinched my heart again.  Michael King's sufferings in this drama made me cry but what hurt me more was remembering the pain and frustrations he had during and after him filming this. 

My love for Michael King was revived and I was considering watching the drama again.

Soompi is making me happy every day and from time to time I have reason to be even happier and grateful to my soompi SIKer friends.  This clumsy video is my way of telling THANK YOU to HKmom, who helped me get the much desired Photo book from GeNtLeSongIlKook 10th anniversary and KONABEANS, who surprised me with the very nice Photo book from GeNtLeSongIlKook Hawaii 5th anniversary.
To them, and to all of you (us)… Song Il Kook singing!

Thanks, CELIA. 

Hearing that silky voice of SIK reminded me of his coming birthday, when he is going to meet his fans again.  I'd been planning to meet him since the time when he had started shooting AMCG in Hawaii.  Kona invited me to join her and other SIKERS to go to his location shooting, somewhere in that beautiful island. But due to some constraints, I did not make it.  Until now, I'm not sure if I would ever meet him.  His new fans, like you, are even luckier to see him at once. 

Your video is a mystery.  If a non-fan will watch it, I doubt if they can guess that it was our man, singing.  He sounds like a professional. =D>

Ardent and kona,this is d reason why I love soo ae to be pair again with our humble man because I'm still living in that dream that beloved yeon moon never had a happy life,i wish the series had a part 2 and that yeon moon still alive where they live together along with Jang bogo son whhhaaahhh how devastated,yeon moon really alive in my heart. While Michael king for me he is a modernized man that you will love because the fashion statement really great hahaha..anything he wear he perfectly carry that's what make song il kook really delicious to all kind of woman being hehehe.. But Jang soo still my wish to be a husband yeeeeeeyy so dedicated fighting his love..I'm dreaming again.

KISH, your wish might come true if the writer is "Ardent".  I could make a reincarnation of their characters in a future time, with Yeum Moon having his same old feelings, while Jung Hwa unknowingly falling for him, but of course, with the absence of Jang Bogo.  Lol!  It would be on the modern period, with them having some flashbacks of the past, like seeing each other for the first time, but feeling very familiar.  Or maybe, I could make Jang Bogo reappear to insert some conflict and controversy in the story, but this time, Jung Hwa should already have a change of heart.  Wow!  Do you think that would be great?

Anyong everyone!

Omo, there's so much to say because I've fallen behind.  If I miss mentioning you here, please understand.
Xiaomeihuilli, your article was just what I needed to hear!  YES, bring back the horseback riding, archery (BTW, S. Korea may medal in Olympics in archery), and those eyes that declare I AM THE KING.

MariYeh and Kona, I had a difficult time watching the suffering in the Burkina Faso video.  But the response of SIKers has been truly overwhelming to the call for support from Kona and HKMom.  What a great idea!  

Ardent, I like your comments because they are always thoughtful and honest. I especially liked the Bada post.

Celia, I hadn't seen the review of Jumong by X, so I was pleasantly surprised. He is not known to easily compliment any actor, but he clearly expressed all our thoughts.  It's uncanny how SIK becomes every character that he plays.   

Moon-gal,  I'm glad you discovered Archer's Quest.  After reading that book, can you tell why I picked metalgtiger as my signature?  I also bought some white tiger charms.  And when one the of the GentleSIKHawaii members asked SIK what he would like carved on a pumpkin, he said "white tiger."  I'll leave it to Kona to post the picture of the finished pumpkin.

I've actually been immersed in Fermentation Family again, this time watching with WITH subs.  I got a much deeper understanding of the drama, and fallen even more in love with Gi Ho Tae/ Go Han Dol.  I agree SIK excels in sageuk, but I think the range of emotions that I see in Ho Tae is unique to modern drama.

I've also becoming more aware of the humorous double meaning in the Korean language.  In the TAXI interview, Kim Jang Hoon used "manju" for sweet bean cake and "Manju" for Manchuria in "Eat manju in Manju." He also made a joke of "pansa" (judge) and "pan sa" (buy his new CD), referring to SIK's wife( a judge).  In Fermentation Family, I found Ta-gun (founder of Korea) and Tae-gun (young master Ho Tae).  After watching the last episode I'm guessing that "Kang san" and "Kang" (river) and "san" (mountain) have additional meaning.  Ho Tae says the heavens, river (Kang), mountain (san), and wind are always by his side, while he holds Kang san's hand.  Reminds me of KOTW when Muhyul tells his son that a great king is like the wind, invisible but always by the people's side, hence the title "Kingdom of the Wind."

Oh,oh, am I getting too psychologically deep?
:-S :-S

Guest sig-Hadise

Hello Dear Fans Lovely Songilkook. :x

Thanks all Dear Fans songie for a lovely posts  . That's great.
=D>

Guest xiaomeihuili

Hello SIKers!! :x

I just was shocked to find that the FM&BD date will be changed because of SIK's "importnat shooting schedule"!
I already booked the air ticket and hotel.... b-(
But from another point of view, this means SIK got a new project in September??
The new date (and place) will be announced in this week.
I have to wait that announcement. Aigoo!

Celia, I hadn't seen the review of Jumong by X, so I was pleasantly surprised. He is not known to easily compliment any actor, but he clearly expressed all our thoughts.  It's uncanny how SIK

becomes

every character that he plays.   

METAL, Kona can give you the entire review in English. I posted it in Romanian

[color=#ff0000]. [/color]

I've actually been immersed in Fermentation Family again, this time watching with WITH subs.  I got a much deeper understanding of the drama, and fallen even more in love with Gi Ho Tae/ Go Han Dol.  I agree SIK excels in sageuk, but I think the range of emotions that I see in Ho Tae is unique to modern drama.

I've also becoming more aware of the humorous double meaning in the Korean language.  In the TAXI interview, Kim Jang Hoon used "manju" for sweet bean cake and "Manju" for Manchuria in "Eat manju in Manju." He also made a joke of "pansa" (judge) and "pan sa" (buy his new CD), referring to SIK's wife( a judge).  In Fermentation Family, I found Ta-gun (founder of Korea) and Tae-gun (young master Ho Tae).  After watching the last episode I'm guessing that "Kang san" and "Kang" (river) and "san" (mountain) have additional meaning.  Ho Tae says the heavens, river (Kang), mountain (san), and wind are always by his side, while he holds Kang san's hand.  Reminds me of KOTW when Muhyul tells his son that a great king is like the wind, invisible but always by the people's side, hence the title "Kingdom of the Wind."

Oh,oh, am I getting too psychologically deep?

:-S :-S

hi Jo jo..will see for more news and info's if there is a historical on the lists next??  :)   i just think we should start living like they did today..no cars or ipods..  lol   

hey KB..welcome back, didn't notice you been away??  With so much stuff that's been going on.. I'm losing track for the moment!!??   :)   Very lovely show on the event, Road for hopes...v   
Wow..really, that is awesome..to donate that much won and dollars!!   :)   Congrats to everyone!   Fightings!   
Say has Gentle mentioned Songie doing another historical, I've been searching from hanicinma to chosun pages..  So far none..but will keep looking out!   

:)..agrees with ardently on KB's..jumong clips, and agrees with Singer..Baba..everyone has got to love Jumong one way or the other!!  :)  He's just so real!!  lol.  Makes me want to watch Jumong again....

Hi moongal and gab, you and me both..ya know..didn't think of looking up if there is a book on Jumong, well a biography or history on him..could of gotten one at the Musuem in seoul??  mm

Hi kish, yeah..will see if he will or announce it....but will like for him to also take a rest..but who knows.  :)

Nice photo celia..not seen this before or any other style.. ty ty..

LOL..alex..he is a good kisser than I thought..even in CS or other drama's...   I know been glued to the olympisc and will have to wait to watch..#15!!   Have quiet a few sports to watch for..  and countriessss..  TOO many of them..v   

Heeey metal, sig and xia...wavesss..~~ 

METAL, thanks for your kind words.  I love how you reply to everybody's post, trying your best to at least mention each name.

HUILLI, awesome news.  SIK having an important shooting schedule can mean many things.  He is probably going to shoot a movie (Goblin?) or a TV program.  Either of the two, I just can't wait to watch it.

HWJ, you are also one of the SIKERS here who reply to almost everybody's post.  I'm watching Jumong and EOTS, alternately.  I both love Yeum Moon and Jumong.

Aigoo, that news from Huili, although it's awesome to know he'll start a new project soon...  BUT what about those who already booked (non-refundable, non-exchangeable) flight and hotel???

I heard they're very very sorry to the oversea fans... BUT still...

Oh no...  =((  :-t

English version from Haneol Entertainment.

“Greeting, my beloved Gentle Family! This is Haneol Entertainment. At first, I appreciate you and your support. From "Hope-road March" to "chungsanri March", all of our operation could have been done successfully because of your heartful help. By the ways, I would like to apologize to you, the Gentle Family.  

Even though we are waiting for our upcoming event "2012 Song Il-Kook's Fan Meeting & Birthday party" which is scheduled on 23rd of September, due to the important broadcast recording schedule of Song Il-Kook I would be supposed to change this schedule. I feel so sorry to inform you this bad news but please give me your warm forgiveness.  

I already told to the staff members about this story, and now we are adjusting this schedule and reserving new place. As soon as our staff members finish the adjusting, I will immediately inform you the modified information which includes date and place by this week. Also, I will send specific broadcast recording schedule of Song to our staff members.

Please take care yourself during this hot summer, and I hope and wait to see you with good results.”

Ardent, my love was shifted from YM to Michael for a while because my empathy for this drama. To me, AMCG is unique and very entertaining among typical romatic-comedy or heavy sageuk dramas. I'm allergic to rom-com of KDramas. The only rom-com I like is "He Who Can't Married", all others, due to busy publicity, I tried to watch them but then gave up after a few episodes.

Celia, I'm so touched to know how much you treasure that little gift of mine. Thanks to the postal officer who offered those colorful stamps instead of the boring fee tag. I collect a lot of US stamps and will use them for future shipments to you.   About the translation, there's not much we can do but take what's offered for free.  Although we know the translation may not be correct or complete, we don't know enough to complain.  The only translator I know that is competent in both Korean and English is "MisterX".  Although his translation in sageuk is so hard for normal people like me to understand, it's way more sophisticated than those by KBS, MBC, etc.  I used to complain about his KOTW translation, but when I watched KOTW again with KBS subtitles, I realized how good he is.

Elisabeta, did you create a new account and start again with 1? Great choice with "All In". It's very much different than "Water Bloom", but you will also like it.

I'm still disappointed about the change in BD/FM  :(( .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the middle is Muhyul in the comic book by Kimjin.  Muhyul in KOTW is not far different...

6278725199_c5915cdcd8_o.jpg

Aigoo!  I feel for those of you who have made non refundable arrangements to attend his Birthday/ Fan Meeting.  Although I am glad he will be filming, it's still a very expensive price to pay.   Perhaps he would at least allow you to visit him at the film site? [-O<

Aloha sig, flori, jojo, hwdj, alex, and kish!

I also feel sorry for those who had made non_refundable reservations/tickets for the Birthday Fan Meeting of SIK.  But is he really shooting a movie?  Why so sudden and no news about it leaked to the public before?  If it's just a TV show, it would not take long to finish the filming and they should already decide the new date of the BDFan meeting.  It was not clarified in their statement what exactly was the shooting about. 

CELIA, noone beats that look in Yeum Moon's eyes.  The pirate who fought his heart out and killed people beyond reason, but always turned into a tamed lamb in front of the woman he loved, caught the compassion and admiration of his audience.  His hate, regrets, sadness and love, we could see them all in his eyes.  He didn't even have to say anything much to express them.

KONA, Michael King comes next to my heart. He totally got me in the middle of the drama and I felt that the tears and hurt he showed were already real. I looked at him in another angle and it seemed he was not acting anymore.  It's the real thing.  As I cried watching him in tears, yelling with grief, I knew he was pouring his own pain. That's the reason I am having a second thought watching AMCG again.  My heart ached so much not for Michael King but for the person behind that character.

Hi everyone!

I was looking for SIK's smile on youtube when I came upon this compilation made by EMANUELLE. It's nothing new, I watched  the video before and I am sure most of you know it already but I liked it too much and I thought you might enjoy watching it again. It's really nice and the song is good too.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />