Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Song Il Gook Denies Rumors of Plans to Run for Office

Actor Song Il Gook has personally quashed reports that he is planning to run for a position in the National Assembly next spring.

Song Il Gook is currently starring in KBS‘ “Superman Returns” with his triplets, and is also filming the much-anticipated KBS historical drama “Jang Young Sil,” which is set to premiere in January 2016.

On the morning of September 25, Song Il Gook told Star News over the phone, “[The rumors that I am] running for office in the election next year are absurd. They’re completely groundless.”

“‘Jang Young Sil,’ the KBS 1TV historical drama I’m filming right now, will be airing next January,” Song Il Gook says. “The election is in April, so it doesn’t make sense. If they had known about that, they wouldn’t have written that I was planning to run for office,” he adds with a laugh.

According to the current Public Official Election Act and the Special Provision on Campaign Broadcasting Review, nominees are prohibited from making certain kinds of television appearances for 90 days before the election. Song Il Gook therefore points out that if he wanted to run for office, he would have to drop out of “Jang Young Sil” in the middle of the show.

“It’s a completely false rumor. I won’t be running for office,” Song Il Gook clarifies.

You can catch Song Il Gook every Sunday on “Superman Returns.”

source

Durr. It's not like there is only ONE election for the rest of eternity. If not this election, it's always possible for the NEXT election which would have been long enough to wean himself and the kids from the media if he so wishes. Never say never. I've read about his work with charities and being an activist for various causes. Not to mention, a person who is a good father (and I dare any of you to challenge that) is a good man and warrants respect. I'm not Korean so I don't get to vote but if I do, he'll definitely get my vote.

Edited by vvpal

As he remembers how scary the teacher was, Daehan tears up and decides to throw away the money in between the air conditioner vents.

Thankfully, Song Il Kook returns a little later and retrieves the money safely.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/23/daehan-tears-up-when-he-sees-someone-resembling-his-scary-etiquette-teacher/

LOL!!! this is the funniest moment in the clip.  :lol:

I am pretty sure Daehan didn't cry though. but yeah, still funny. 

Aigoooo...the reporter had already interested to made a revenge drama to my dearest Prince, Daehanie hyung... :wub::wub:

• Like 3

I really really love TSR ep.97... :wub::wub:

- Too many sweet moments between my Prince, Daehanie hyung and SIK appa...lovely and memorable fishing time...

- Urri triplets in " Agoo " costume are joking around with SIK appa...so precious moments

- My Daehanie is definitely love those fish cakes to the bits...LOL

- Cooking class...

For me, today episode is credit to SIK appa and Daehanie... :phew:

• Like 4

- Too many sweet moments between my Prince, Daehanie hyung and SIK appa...lovely and memorable fishing time...

For me, today episode is credit to SIK appa and Daehanie...

:phew:

Love that part in which Song appa with Daehanie alone, so SWEET!

I've cut out that part and herewith the video clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hz4XwpJO6M

jXZgVCu.jpg

• Like 7

“Superman Returns” Manse Has a Depressing Idea of What Chuseok Is

Manse, one of Song Il Kook‘s triplets from “Superman Returns,” has a depressing idea of what the Chuseok holiday is all about.

On the September 27 broadcast of KBS 2TV‘s “Superman Returns,” Song Il Kook and his triplets DaehanMinguk, and Manse dress up in traditional Korean clothing and say their Chuseok greetings to the viewers.

During the greeting, Song Il Kook asks his sons, “What do you do during the Chuseok holiday?”

The adorable Manse’s quick answer surprises everyone, “You work during Chuseok.”

At this, Song Il Kook laughs and concedes that it’s true, commenting, “You’re right, mom works.”

superman returns 2

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/27/superman-returns-manse-has-a-depressing-idea-of-what-chuseok-is/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 4

jXZgVCu.jpg

Thank you Adeline!

i understood some parts. my Korean is still in the "pre-school level" but i missed some part. 

any kind soul out there that could translate, many other souls in here will appreciate it. 

Edited by klent
  • Like 5

Thank you Adeline!

i understood some parts. my Korean is still in the "pre-school level" but i missed some part. 

any kind soul out there that could translate, many other souls in here will appreciate it. 

A rough translation for the conversation of Song appa with Daehan:

SIK: Daehanie, are you happy? Daehanie is so brave.
Daehan: Next time, we are going to catch more fish.
SIK: Next time, we get bigger fish, right?
Daehan: Yes.
SIK: Today, we only got a small fish. I have a big hope for this time (looks up to the sky), this is however a difficult day.
SIK: (after kissing Daehan) Thanks to Daehan with your braveness to spend through this day.

OXDgVCi.gif

• Like 8

Thank you Adeline!

A rough translation for the conversation of Song appa with Daehan:

SIK: Daehanie, are you happy? Daehanie is so brave.
Daehan: Next time, we are going to catch more fish.
SIK: Next time, we get bigger fish, right?
Daehan: Yes.
SIK: Today, we only got a small fish. I have a big hope for this time (looks up to the sky), this is however a difficult day.
SIK: (after kissing Daehan) Thanks to Daehan with your braveness to spend through this day.

Thanks Adeline!

I will store this moment in memory forever... such a beautiful and intimate moment between father and his firstborn. 

Hope Daehan remembers this too forever.

OXDgVCi.gif

Edited by klent
  • Like 5

Song Triplets Receive an Energy Boost With Special Dinosaur Pajamas on “Superman Returns”

triplets dinsoaur pj 3

Song Triplets Receive an Energy Boost With Special Dinosaur Pajamas on “Superman Returns”

Song Il Kook’s triplets have transformed into dinosaurs in celebration of Chuseok.

The episode of KBS2’s “Superman Returns” aired on September 27 is a special two-year anniversary Chuseok special.

Song Il Kook and his sons travel to Busan. When the night creeps by, Song Il Kook surprises his sons with special dinosaur pajamas.

Excited by their unique outfits, the triplets are still full of energy late at night. Not only do they run around the room, but they also start dropping to the floor and rolling forwards. When Dae Han succeeds, Min Gook and Man Se join in too. Eventually the three wear themselves out with their intense activities that continue till the moment they fall asleep.

triplets dinsoaur pj 2

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/27/song-triplets-receive-an-energy-boost-with-special-dinosaur-pajamas-on-superman-returns/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 5

Episode 97 - The Song Family (NO Subs)

Links are available in limited time only

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-dQdF0UYficdFNjVEJQRkhkdms

Episode 95 - KBS The Song Family (ENGLISH Subs)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-dQdF0UYficTm1jSGJXMHdmZEk

Thanks a lot for the links @KonaBeanssmileys-thanks-771216.gif

Looking forward to the continuation links of old episodes. 

blogger-image-307478092.jpg

• Like 4

Manse, one of Song Il Kook‘s triplets from “Superman Returns,” has a depressing idea of what the Chuseok holiday is all about.

On the September 27 broadcast of KBS 2TV‘s “Superman Returns,” Song Il Kook and his triplets DaehanMinguk, and Manse dress up in traditional Korean clothing and say their Chuseok greetings to the viewers.

During the greeting, Song Il Kook asks his sons, “What do you do during the Chuseok holiday?”

The adorable Manse’s quick answer surprises everyone, “You work during Chuseok.”

At this, Song Il Kook laughs and concedes that it’s true, commenting, “You’re right, mom works.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/27/superman-returns-manse-has-a-depressing-idea-of-what-chuseok-is/

Hi chellsee, thanks for sharing this. I guess the triplets are getting used to the idea now that their parents are not home during Chuseok because they're working. Please check out the clip below: :P

cr- dailykpopnews

• Like 6

Hi willenette, I think what Manse means "You work during Chuseok." does not refer to Song appa or eomma only. Chuseok is a three-day holiday in Korea denoting it is an important festival. During this period, the Koreans will visit their ancestral hometowns, so there is a lot of work involved preparing traditional food for the visitors, that's why SIK replied "You're right, mom works."

This is my interpretation with Manse's saying after comparing this reporting with another one in Chinese.

9EfAbGC.jpg

• Like 5