Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

15 August, the liberation day. 

Was it the first day Il Kook met Daehan Minguk Manse's oemma? 

"That day i have liberated too," he once said in early episode of TROS if i'm not mistaken. 

Btw, can somebody translate what SIK twitted? THx 

Edited by vieryo
  • Like 6

15 August, the liberation day. 

Was it the first day Il Kook met Daehan Minguk Manse's oemma? 

"That day i have liberated too," he once said in early episode of TROS if i'm not mistaken. 

Btw, can somebody translate what SIK twitted? THx 

Just a rough translation:

"Daehan, Minguk and Manse are here to see the Grandpa ship (?) on National Liberation Day. (Unfortunately Submarine Kim Jwa-jin is on training now.) "

• Like 9

Just a rough translation:

"Daehan, Minguk and Manse are here to see the Grandpa ship (?) on National Liberation Day. (Unfortunately Submarine Kim Jwa-jin is on training now.) "

Thank you, dear Adeline - I was not sure about the meaning, ggogle translate can be very complicated. Thanks again!

Love you all, SIKers!

• Like 6

Daehan Minguk Manse .... Republic Korea Hurray (if I'm not mistaken the meaning of the words) SIK really has a high patriotic spirit, is it because his ancestor s are National heroes? Really loves the boys in sailor outfit. I also think Daehan look cute with glasses.

Edited by suellen88
  • Like 4

Daehan, Minguk, Manse Show Their Patriotism on South Korean Independence Day

Daehan, Minguk, Manse Show Their Patriotism on South Korean Independence Day

Staying true to their name, the Song triplets (Daehan, Minguk, and Manse) are showing their patriotism for their country on this important holiday for the country, Independence Day. Their names collectively mean “Long live the Republic of Korea.”

Their father, actor Song Il Kook, uploaded two pictures on his Twitter account that show his triplet sons dressed in sailor costumes and saluting. He writes that they went to see the submarine named after General Kim Chwa Chin, who was one of the leaders of the Korean independence movement against Japanese imperialism, but were unable to because it was out in the sea.

song triplets on Korean independence day from Song Il Gook's twitter 2

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/15/daehan-minguk-manse-show-their-patriotism-on-south-korean-independence-day/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 8

Good evening (or eve before ROS day) to everyone!

The picture of the triplets and naval personnel was taken in front of the Submarine Command building.  And Kim Jwa-jin is SIK's great grandfather. How cool is it to have a submarine named after your great-great grandfather!  

• Like 5

Song Triplets Hit the YG Studio With Jinusean’s Sean in “Superman Returns” Preview

Song Triplets Hit the YG Studio With Jinusean’s Sean in “Superman Returns” Preview

Song Il Gook‘s triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse are getting their first record studio experience in the next episode of “Superman Returns“!

In the preview for next week at the end of August 16′s episode, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse wear big white t-shirts, long necklaces, and snapbacks to rock a hip-hop look as they visit a recording studio with YG Entertainment artist Sean of Jinusean.

supermanreturns1

Minguk, who’s known for his love for music, is then seen in a recording booth with Sean as he sings and dances.

supermanreturns3

Viewers get a glimpse of Sean editing the track, and then Song Il Gook bursting out laughing in the back.

It seems like the triplets will be taking over the studio in August 23′s episode of “Superman Returns”!

Watch the preview at the end of the clip below, at the 3:58 mark.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/16/song-triplets-hit-the-yg-studio-with-jinuseans-sean-in-superman-returns-preview/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 12

Song Triplets Go On a Safari Adventure in “Superman Returns” Preview

Song Il Kook and his beloved triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse are going on a safari adventure in the next episode of “Superman Returns“!

A preview has been released for the August 16 episode that shows the trio dressed as adorable explorers as they begin their expedition in a zebra-patterned SUV with their dad.

“What kind of car is this?” Manse asks his dad. Song Il Gook tells him to ask the driver, and so Daehan and Manse politely repeat the question to him.

“It’s a safari tour car,” answers the driver.

“It’s a ‘ssaddari’ tour car!” echoes Minguk happily to his dad.

Manse asks what that means, and the driver explains that it’s an expedition to find wild beasts, or scary animals.

“Dad, close the door!” says Minguk in fear. Song Il Kook assures him, “It’s okay, there’s this wire mesh here so it’s fine.” But Minguk is still scared so he quickly scoots away from the door and won’t even let Song Il Kook hold him in his arms.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/14/song-triplets-go-on-a-safari-adventure-in-superman-returns-preview/

Hi chellsee, thanks for sharing this. I'm sure the triplets enjoyed their safari tour. I saw the video - I can see that they're scared of animals at first but after awhile, the children began to relax. :P

• Like 8

Male Actors Who Have Become More Popular After Marriage

Song-Il-Gook-Uhm-Tae-Woong-Kim-Moo-Yeol-

Recently there has been an increase in male actors who have become more popular after getting married.

In the past, marriage was considered to result in a decrease in popularity for male actors. However, it appears as though times are changing and some actors are becoming more popular than ever after tying the knot.

Most notably, actors Song Il Kook and Uhm Tae Woong have attained greater fame after getting married and having children. Also, Kim Moo Yeol has enjoyed a surge in adoration after marrying actress Yoon Seung Ah.

Let’s take a closer look at these three individuals and their rise in popularity post-marriage.

First, both Uhm Tae Woong and Song Il Kook received love for their charisma as masculine characters when they were bachelors. Uhm Tae Woong provided impactful performances on MBC’s “Queen Seonduk” and KBS 2TV’s “Equator Man.” Likewise, Song Il Kook was highly loved for his roles on KBS 2TV’s “Emperor of the Sea” and MBC’s “Jumong.” In particular, “Jumong” managed to garner over 50 percent ratings and enjoyed extreme popularity.

Song Il Gook Song Triplets

After marrying, both actors have continued to receive love with their new, more tender images. Through other acting projects and variety show appearances, they have portrayed friendly images that make them more endearing and relatable to the public. Both actors are currently dads on the hit variety show “Superman Returns.” Rather than being seen as actors, they reveal their identities as husbands and fathers on the show. Uhm Tae Woong’s wife, Yoon Hye Jin, appears on the show somewhat often and her husband openly displays his affection for her. Meanwhile, Song Il Gook and his adorable triplets are adored by audiences all over the world. Their great popularity is reflected in the numerous commercials they have been able to film.

As for Kim Moo Yeol, his luck appears to increased after his wedding. First, he successfully finished the musical “Kinky Boots.” Next, his film “Northern Limit Line” was viewed by 6,039,688 individuals. The actor has also gained further awareness amongst viewers through his recent drama “My Beautiful Bride.”

Marriage has turned out to be quite fortuitous for these male actors. What are your thoughts on their rise in popularity? Are there any other male actors with similar cases?

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/17/male-actors-who-have-become-more-popular-after-marriage/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 12

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I saw this photo on DC and posted in my page of Daehan Minguk Manse yesterday, and it's really a big hit. Now they call Mingukie Do Min Guk (This photo was taken during Korean president election in 1948)

omg, the headshape is exactly the same, lmao

• Like 10

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post. I saw this photo on DC and posted in my page of Daehan Minguk Manse yesterday, and it's really a big hit. Now they call Mingukie Do Min Guk (This photo was taken during Korean president election in 1948)

omg, the headshape is exactly the same, lmao

i was going to say the same thing! it is so MINGUKIE!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 10