Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Old Black and White Picture of “Superman Returns” Song Il Kook Makes Its Rounds Online

Old Black and White Picture of “Superman Returns” Song Il Gook Makes Its Rounds Online

Actor Song Il Kook, who is also the father of the much-loved triplets on “Superman Returns,” is receiving attention from netizens as a black and white photo of his youth days has been revealed on an online portal.

In the picture, the actor looks like a model student with huge rounded glasses and a stiff facial expression. Nevertheless, his sharp jaw and charismatic gaze remain the same.

Comments from the netizens include, “Song Il Kook as a child looked so cute,” “It looks like he was a model student,” “Song Il Kook was handsome ever since he was a child.”

restmb_jhidxmake

daehan minguk manse song il gook

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/02/old-black-and-white-picture-of-superman-returns-song-il-gook-makes-its-rounds-online/

Based on the above pictures, I think Dae Han and Min Guk got SIK's lips while Manse got his eyebrows and eyes.

• Like 6

Old Black and White Picture of “Superman Returns” Song Il Kook Makes Its Rounds Online

Based on the above pictures, I think Dae Han and Min Guk got SIK's lips while Manse got his eyebrows and eyes.

We miss you here @ardently:wub:

Your darling Manse is waving to you but looking at daddy SIK.  

11796378_1622329671348989_64432666250902

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 4

Song Triplets Transform Into Adorable Students at Historical School on “Superman Returns”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/06/song-triplets-transform-into-adorable-students-at-historical-school-on-superman-returns/

Song Triplets Transform Into Adorable Students at Historical School on “Superman Returns”

Superman Returns” just uploaded a new preview clip of the adorable Song triplets spending their day at Cheonghakdong Village School, where they get a chance to be educated like they would have in historical times.

In the video, the professor asks the triplets, “Who is the oldest?” and the maknae Man Se says, “Me.” Knowing something is off, the professor asks him again, “You’re the oldest, Man Se?” and Man Se still says, “Yes.”

Right then, Min Gook interrupts, “No. [The oldest is] Song Dae Han,” and cutely calls Dae Han, “Dae Han hyungnim.” Dae Han then replies, “Brother.” After observing the two, Man Se finally says to Min Gook, “Ming hyung,” and Min Gook answers, “Yes.”

Superman90.JPG

https://youtu.be/IGScI6jciAs

Later, when the triplets are learning the Chinese characters and have to recite a memorization song, the professor asks Man Se to recite it alone.

Man Se does a great job at first, getting through the first line without any problems. He gets stuck on the next verse, however, and the professor jokingly tells him, “If you can’t recite it, you have to stay here and live with me. Do you want to live with me, Man Se?”

Suddenly feeling scared, Man Se shakes his head no and starts getting teary-eyed.

Oh no, poor Man Se!

To see more of what happens, watch the upcoming episode of “Superman Returns” on August 9 at 4:50 p.m. KST.

Edited by celiap
  • Like 9

Song Triplets Get Scolded and Chu Sarang Eats Like a Champ in “Superman Returns” Preview

Song Triplets Get Scolded and Chu Sarang Eats Like a Champ in “Superman Returns” Preview

On August 9′s episode of “Superman Returns,” the Song triplets head to Cheonghakdong Village School with Chu Sarang and her BFF Yuto to learn about traditional etiquette.

In a preview video for the episode, Song Il Gook‘s triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse are seen being scolded by the teacher for not eating all the food that they had taken. Manse and Minguk are barely holding back tears as the three of them raise their hands in the air. They’re then told to say “I’ll eat it all,” and Minguk politely bows as he vows to eat everything on his plate next time in a teary voice.

Chu Sarang is then left on her own as the other kids take their trays away, but she doesn’t look bothered at all by the challenge of eating the rest of her food. The teacher asks her, “Do you think you can eat it all?” and she replies with no hesitation, “Yes!”

After some time passes and she just keeps on chewing, the teacher turns to her and says, “If you can’t eat it all, all you have to do is just be punished one time.”

In lieu of a reply, Chu Sarang just stuffs some more food in her mouth. You go, girl!

You can see the rest of this episode of “Superman Returns” when it airs on KBS on August 9.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/08/06/song-triplets-get-scolded-and-chu-sarang-eats-like-a-champ-in-superman-returns-preview/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 9

I agree with many SIKers here...urri SIK appa and his dearing triplets are the most well-prepared family among all TSR families... :wub:

I will be sad and disappointed with the jury if they're not take home the Daesang in KBS Entertainment Awards this year... :angry:

• Like 4

I agree with many SIKers here...urri SIK appa and his dearing triplets are the most well-prepared family among all TSR families... :wub:

I will be sad and disappointed with the jury if they're not take home the Daesang in KBS Entertainment Awards this year... :angry:

We know Song Il Gook studied art and aspired to be an artist before he 'fell' into acting.  We've heard he did all the interior decoration and he likes collecting things like numerous napkin holders for his own homes.  His wife apparently is not so into this type of stuff.  Looks like through his sons he is able to show his artistic side to the world.

I enjoy seeing the triplets pitch perfect in their presentations all the time but I wonder what this is doing to the Korean (parents') psyche in a country famous for going over the top on 'keeping up with the Joneses' in all manner of things and ways. It makes me chuckle every time I see the triplets and SIG (Song Il Gook).

Edited by seungshin
misspelled name corrected
  • Like 3