Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Jeong Seung-yeon laughs at Song Il-gook's proposal

photo560263.jpg

Song Il-gook's love story is the envy of everyone.

A TV Chosun show dealt with Song Il-gook's family story and mentioned his romance with judge and wife Jeong Seung-hyeon.

Song Il-gook showed her a documentary on love as he told her, 'I will love you forever'.

Oh Yeong-sil said, "Song Il-gook cried while watching the documentary but Jeong Seng-yeon sat with her arms folded".

I think sik mentioned this incident in the taxi interview

Korea’s favorite triplet father Song Il Gook recently praised Sean, who, as well as being a singer, is now more famous as the “God of Infant Care” for fathering four children.

Song Il Gook said, “I recently went to a wedding and saw Sean there. Normally, I only just say hi to people, eat, and go home, but that day, my wife and I stayed there until the end with Sean and his wife, talking about our children the whole time. It’s amazing what they’re doing. After talking with them, I saw Sean in a whole different light.”
 He continued, “Sean really is the God of Infant Care. If he goes to the gym at night, Sean goes after putting the kids to bed, and when he goes in the morning, he comes back home before the kids wake up. I used to complain to my wife because I did not have the energy to go to the gym after taking care of the kids. When I heard Sean’s story, I tried to copy his workout routine, but after doing it twice in the early mornings, I ached all over. I have been wanting to participate in a competition with him so I invited him when there was an opportunity. It was at the Incheon Asian Para Games and throughout the whole 10 km, he ran better than me with his four kids.”
 He also added, “To be honest, I can’t go out too much with the kids. Even when we go out together with my wife, it’s really hard. We only go out sometimes when the aunts come over. It’s fine when we have the kids’ train for them to ride on, but we can’t imagine what it would be like to just let them run wild in the park. I feel so sorry for them. But through ‘Superman Returns’ we got the chance to do things that we wouldn’t be able to do otherwise so we’re really thankful for that.” Source: Soompi

i came here because of Daehan Minguk Manse. I didn't know who is Song Il Gook was until i came hear, reading page by page. Thank you so much for all of the SIKers who upload many stories that i didn't know, especially the BTS pic of ROS. 

czakhareina said:

photo560263.jpg
A TV Chosun show dealt with Song Il-gook's family story and mentioned his romance with judge and wife Jeong Seung-hyeon.
Song Il-gook showed her a documentary on love as he told her, 'I will love you forever'.
Oh Yeong-sil said, "Song Il-gook cried while watching the documentary but Jeong Seng-yeon sat with her arms folded".
SOURCE Korean Herald | Hancinema

Is it just me?  did I read it right? what am I misunderstanding here again?  I feel that the wifey is cold.  I feel that SIK is a lot more affectionate towards his wife than she is towards him.  If I were her, I would cry my eyes out and I would tell him, that I would love him 10000 times longer than forever!  

I think Song Il Kook said that she's on the logical side.

“Superman Returns” Triplet Man Se Displays His Gentlemanly Manners for Chu Sarang
man-se-sarang.jpg

On the upcoming February 8 broadcast of KBS’ “Superman Returns,” actor Song Il Gook’s youngest triplet son, Man Se, will be displaying his gentlemanly manners just for Chu Sarang.
Cameras will follow the second part of Sarang’s visit to Korea and her reunion with the triplets, Dae Han, Min Gook, and Man Se, on this episode of “Superman Returns.”
In the newly-revealed preview cuts, the usually free-spirited Man Se can be seen showing a different side of himself. It is said that Man Se carried Sarang’s sled for her and took care of her while playing around in the snow. The adorable still cut also shows ‘Prince Man Se’ going in for a peck to wake up ‘Sleeping Beauty Sarang.’
After witnessing his youngest son taking care of Sarang, Song Il Gook expressed his surprise, saying, “I didn’t know Man Se had such good manners.”
This episode of “Superman Returns” will air on February 8 at 4:50 p.m. (KST).
http://www.soompi.com/2015/02/05/superman-returns-triplet-man-se-displays-his-gentlemanly-manners-for-chu-sarang/

Guest Spring Andrew

Even I would be like his wife.. If I was shown documentary inside a car about love.. I mean knowin love thru documentary.. I dunno I would probably be like can we fast forward some bits.. N wait for what other event he has.. B-) Guys n girls way of thinkin of love n romance is quiet different.. But I love their interactions on SMIB.. Wish his wife would b more in SMIB episodes.. I don't mind not showin her face.. Since she needs privacy.. Even when u see small bits of her u can see she is very logical n strict than SIK . I think the triplet needs individual thread.. Sik thread is becoming triplets thread =P~

Even I would be like his wife.. If I was shown documentary inside a car about love.. I mean knowin love thru documentary.. I dunno I would probably be like can we fast forward some bits.. N wait for what other event he has.. B-)

Guys n girls way of thinkin of love n romance is quiet different..

But I love their interactions on SMIB.. Wish his wife would b more in SMIB episodes.. I don't mind not showin her face.. Since she needs privacy.. Even when u see small bits of her u can see she is very logical n strict than SIK .

I think the triplet needs individual thread.. Sik thread is becoming triplets thread =P~

I actually miss hearing sik wife. At thestart of the show they will be on the phone. Enjoy their conversation abt how kids are,n how thechildren reacted to their mom.

I think sikwife is really a brilliant lady by the way she educate her children and she seems like a rational person whilst sik is the more sentimental guy.

Don't know the couple personally but by what i hear,n see, they r a pretty swell couple w beautiful kids!

‘The Return of Superman’ Song Man-Se, special manner for Chu Sa-Rang

13182_1.jpg

‘The Return of Superman’ Song Man-Se showed special manner to protect Chu Sa-Rang.At KBS 2TV ‘Happy Sunday – The Return of Superman’, the triplet and Chu Sa-Rang went a sledge park. Song Man-Se, the youngest of the triplet and the most mischievous boy, showed totally different figure at the sledge park. Song Man-Se cared the only girl Chu Sa-Rang, and made his father Song Il-Guk surprised. Song Il-Guk was pleased, saying that he did not know that Man-Se has good manners. Song Man-Se took care of the sled of Chu Sa-Rang and he helped her on the snow. This episode of Song Man-Se and Chu Sa-Rang will be opened on 64th episode of ‘Superman’ on 8th. 

[Photo=KBS 2TV ‘Happy Sunday – The Return of Superman’]INNOLIFE

winterfan1 said:

Even I would be like his wife.. If I was shown documentary inside a car about love.. I mean knowin love thru documentary.. I dunno I would probably be like can we fast forward some bits.. N wait for what other event he has.. B-) Guys n girls way of thinkin of love n romance is quiet different.. But I love their interactions on SMIB.. Wish his wife would b more in SMIB episodes.. I don't mind not showin her face.. Since she needs privacy.. Even when u see small bits of her u can see she is very logical n strict than SIK . I think the triplet needs individual thread.. Sik thread is becoming triplets thread =P~

She's really great. Very smart, yet extrovert. An SNU graduate (I heard she even has doctorate degree), always top the class, speaks 6 languages, good with family, I can't imagine how her family raised her :o not to mention that she's juggling between cute triplets (TRIPLETS!) and successful career. But what surprises me more is that SIK actually marries her. I know in Asia some men (if not most) don't want women who's smarter/have better job/have higher salary etc so I think both of them are very lucky to have each other. They balance well and never fight because of their opposite character. Ah, what an adorable family!

:x :x :x

photo560263.jpg

I'm glad that we are hearing more news now about Sik's dad. He's in business and maybe always busy, the reason we don't see him.(?) He and Sik's wife are very private.

Ardent, that's the sister. She was also an actress for a brief period, 1992, before being married.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeap, the boys are taking over their dad's thread, but that's OK, we can call this the Song Family's forum.  At least I don't mind. :D

10686895_677324252378677_800105997142281
 10989116_677324262378676_518575885837783

10953385_677324272378675_379005120269524

:D

photo560263.jpg

I don't agree with Hancinema's translation that SIK's wife laughed at his proposal.
Per Taxi's interview in 2012, she just sat with her arms crossed while SIK was emotional.
There's no mention of laughing, and I don't believe she did so. 

Watch the show again at 14:50.

Enjoy!

BTW, the lady on the picture above is SIK's younger sister, Song Song-Yi.

Thanks! I was trying to look for the eng sub for this to share w those who r interested! :)