[OFFICIAL] Rowoon ❤️ Park Eun Bin (RoBin/Park-Ro Couple) | The King's Affection

Gavn2310

2 hours ago, parkyenbin said:

I’m happy esp for our PEB but somehow something’s bothering me

I feel the same way. Personally, I don’t like the idea of her being best remembered as the actress who portrayed “Woo Young Woo”. I mean, I really like her in The King’s Affection. The success of this role shouldn’t overshadow her other works!

I thought Lee Hwi was her breakout role but she did amaze me with her performance in EAW. Imagine what she can do with other roles because she’s only 30 this year!

Although the EAW role has really catapulted her to new heights in terms of recognition and popularity, but there’s also the opportunity cost of missing out on other defining roles if she takes on season 2. I honestly don’t like the idea of her being typecast.

The other thing that bothers me is how the production house is coming up with musicals, merchandise and webtoon to keep people’s interested until 2024. Personally, it’s just sound like they are only interested in capitalising the success of the drama. Honestly, it’s a stupid idea because Park Eun Bin is the heart and soul of this drama. No merchandise, no musical and no webtoon can ever capture the essence of her performance. As it is, there are criticism of the webtoon for it’s complete verbatim of the drama. Knetizens have pointed out that the production house hasn’t really thought things through and were just eager to put out the webtoon because they saw the huge response to the drama. 

Secondly, what if season 2 isn’t as successful? Won’t that just dilute the success of the first season. Aren’t they better of signing off now at a high. Let’s say, season 2 is successful, there might be a season 3! Holy Moly!! Am I excited about the prospect of seeing her portraying Woo Young Woo for the third time? My answer to that is a big fat NO, not at the cost of her missing out on other potential roles that will just showcase her enormous talent. Obviously Astory is only looking out for its own interests. 

2 hours ago, yong44 said:

The season 2 not garner much support from PEB Korean fans.

I am glad to hear that. I hope she has the courage to do what makes her truly happy, and not pander to those bigwigs who only see monetary returns and not in the interest of the actor.

Edited by MT220214
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, MT220214 said:

I feel the same way. Personally, I don’t like the idea of her being best remembered as the actress who portrayed “Woo Young Woo”. I mean, I really like her in The King’s Affection. 

I thought Lee Hwi was her breakout role but she’d amazed me with her performance in EAW. Imagine what she can do with other roles because she’s only 31 this year!

You know what as I'm casually re-watching TKA, I finally realized what she meant by hoping that viewers will see Hwi as the character and not distinguishing he/she portrayal. I didn't get it when she explained it lol. However, the more I re-watch, the more I am amazed by her. Then I'm also watching EAW and oh my this woman right here is sooooo Idk what's the perfect word. She eats her roles!

56 minutes ago, MT220214 said:

The other thing that bothers me is how the production house is coming up with musicals, merchandise and webtoon to keep people’s interested until 2024. Personally, it’s just sound like they are only interested in capitalising the success of the drama.

What?? Musical?? and stuff? It's truly capitalizing the drama's success. Can they give her a break pls? I also want to echo your point on missing out on opportunities. But knowing PEB, I'm sure she'll continue with the direction of having versatile roles no matter what the outcome of that show may be. That's one of the many reasons I love her.

1 hour ago, yong44 said:

Korean fans got angry a bit for it seem the production trying to milking the popularity with webtoon, musical and now season 2.. knowing how thoughtful PEB has been to ASD community all this while preparing for this piece .. it's such a disappointment .

Oh, so s2's having mixed reactions. I just hope whatever they're planning, it is backed with sincerity and not mere hype and all.

Edited by parkyenbin

From what I've read, Season 2 is not confirmed yet. ASTORY is discussing the possibility, but nothing is concrete yet. I also read about the special emphasis on Eun Bin being willing to reprise her character to make a final decision.

We know that Eun Bin is no stranger to reprising roles, she did it for AOY, but the role of Woo Young Woo is much more complicated. I suppose that everything will depend on her future labor decisions.

Reading about the musical made me roll my eyes, especially since for many people on the autism spectrum, musicals full of sensory input can affect them terribly. I've seen some musicals have special features for people on the spectrum, but there aren't many. If an EAW musical is made, I hope they take all of this into consideration.

I also can't imagine another actress playing Woo Young Woo, because I'm 90% sure that Eun Bin would not participate in the musical. She is not confident in her singing and dancing skills. So I imagine they would look for a new actress who is trained in these skills.

ASTORY must realize that if the show was a success, it was because of Eun Bin's impeccable acting, that is something that a web toon, musical or anything else associated with the brand will not be able to replicate.

On 8/17/2022 at 8:14 PM, yun cohi said:

That's why I get a little bit confused when they said they see nothing different of Eunbin in TKA era.. Are we seeing the same Eunbin? Or they just didn't pay attention at all? 

Exactly! I've gone through other PEB bts videos I could find and her level of interaction with Rowoo was different from any other. In fact, it was even hard to hide during group sessions like the times Namyoonsu was there. It felt as if they were in a world of their own. And going by EAW's BTS it seems Eun Bin is back to her reserved self... not much interaction with Tae Oh.

On 8/18/2022 at 6:59 AM, sydneygirl2000 said:

Imagine, I thought with the success of EAW, we were going to be obliterated BUT NO we found our ship sailing smooth as ever.

Right! I thought so too... 

On 8/18/2022 at 6:59 AM, sydneygirl2000 said:

I’d like to think that PEB is cautious of selcas & promoting the romantic angle of EAW with KTO is because first of all that is not the priority of EAW and second PEB is protective of someone and their FRIENDSHIP.

I think so too. Already the romantic angle seems more pronounced than it really is. Also, without much evidence to work with they already have shippers. It is better this way.

On 8/18/2022 at 9:12 AM, yong44 said:

The biggest concern, they wanna build a strong career ahead.

Right! It's their career. And honestly, I 100% support both of them. Park Eun Bin has just attained an all-time high career-wise. She can attain the height of the likes of Jung Ji Hyun, Song Hye Kyo, and Son Ye Jin in the nearest future. Same for Rowoon. He is doing much better now. I hope they keep their friendship sailing while building their career... "They'll follow where this takes them," just like the song said.

11 hours ago, parkyenbin said:

Btw, I have mixed feelings/thoughts about EAW S2 news idk why lol. Yes, I’m happy esp for our PEB but somehow something’s bothering me and I can’t quite figure it out. Am I the only one?

I feel the same. I was really downhearted when I saw the news about S2 but Namoo mentioned that they only got to know about it in the news meaning PEB isn't even aware. It seems the producers are indirectly trying to pressure her into a second season. I hope it ends with this one season. This drama was successful for various reasons especially Eun Bin's nuanced acting. If the drama had gotten huge backlash, PEB would have bore the huge part of the brunt since she's the main main lead. But now that it's successful they all get to enjoy it. We've seen how critical have been of this drama. I fear it'll be worse during the second season. I don't want PEB going through all that. Finally, I don't want her boxed into these type of characters. A second season might do just that. 

11 hours ago, yong44 said:

And i already dislike how they not discussing anything with the main figure but quick to release such statement. Even giving estimate date for release .

Right! It was rude. And it seems it was intentional. If PEB says she won't do a second season... They'll point her out to EAW fans as the reason why there isn't a second season. I hate that they are subtly already pressuring her. They are pretty greedy. ENA is already huge. They should milk there subsequent dramas not this. The Webtoon made no sense because Woo Young Woo isn't Woo Young woo without PEB's acting. Also, what the heck does an EAW musical mean?

10 hours ago, MT220214 said:

I mean, I really like her in The King’s Affection. The success of this role shouldn’t overshadow her other works!

Exactly! It already infuriates me that some publications are talking like none of her dramas were successful before EAW. I love EAW but The King's Affection was still where her character and acting shined the most (my opinion). KBS is nasty for not promoting TKA as much as they should have. That drama had the potential to go down in history as a masterpiece but they wasted it.

10 hours ago, MT220214 said:

Although the EAW role has really catapulted her to new heights in terms of recognition and popularity, but there’s also the opportunity cost of missing out on other defining roles if she takes on season 2. I honestly don’t like the idea of her being typecast.

I agree!

4 hours ago, DollEyes said:

it was because of Eun Bin's impeccable acting,

Exactly! Take her acting out and this drama is just another k-drama butter... not much substance. 

I am glad this drama launched PEB to international stardom but A-Story better not act like they did her a favour. TKA is still one of the top 10 Kdramas that spent the most weeks on Neflix's Global Top 10. That drama laid the foundation for PEB's popularity through EAW. 

Oh yeah, I also wanna say that EAW is  a masterpiece but The King's Affection will always be my no. 1 Eun Bin drama. Lee Hwi will always be my no.1 k-drama character and of course, HwiWoon my #1 couple. The drama will always hold a special place in my heart.

DollEyes perfectly said.

EAW is the crowning glory to PEB’s 24 years acting journey. No one deserves this success more than her. 

TKA is undeniably the SPRINGBOARD which catapulted EAW’s success and that is fine for the sake of our PEB. It just angers me when peeps negate TKA & Rowoon. To be honest, I even believe they got KTO bcos he resembles Rowoon. 

With my hawkeye, I saw that PEB distanced herself appropriately from the romantic angle despite clamour from EAW fans. PEB is too smart to fall into the trap. It would have made her more popular but she stayed true to the message and narrative of EAW. 

KTO is a fine man. He did not overstep the boundaries of his role in & out of the drama. 

And now we await their new casting news.

I doubt HwiWoon will reunite anytime soon.

Ohhh I just saw the TKA bluray cut in IG of PEB & KSW filming their promo picture. WOW I was amazed, PEB couldn’t concentrate, she kept laughing and losing it. KSW was steady. GO and look for it in IG …

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sydneygirl2000 said:

TKA is undeniably the SPRINGBOARD which catapulted EAW’s success and that is fine for the sake of our PEB

Yes true. Even before EAW there are number of international PEB fansite pop up in Twitter land. Her fansite strengthen post TKA. It just since TKA attract  not much from younger age so the SNS following not seeing much the impact. But the fact they grab the popularity award solidify how popular they are. Even during KBS Drama Awards last year, people bombarded the live comment section with HwiWoon and they being the last one to walk on red carpet what a grace and limelight given. 

I still love EAW success, now younger generation look up to her other works and giggling over TKA. knowing what TKA miss due to poor promotion, I can't help but felt devastated. Anyway better late than never. Even new watcher saying Rowoon and Eunbin had blast chemistry . So i conclude those saying they are a long time fans of hers is in denial state. Some PEB fans even belittle TKA ,showing their insecurity. 

I wish for a reunion in variety show/ CF if drama was too much to ask for right now.

Spoiler

youth-mt-1.jpg

Something like this with #TheKingsAffection #AlchemyofSouls and #LoversofTheRedSky. (saeguk cross) Rowoon, Lee Jae Wook and Ahn Hyeo Seop are bestie in real life too. 

• Like 5

To answer @RenBin and anyone curiosity.

Snippet. Video will be deleted in 24h. Don't bring outside of this forum as well as sharing to other platform 

But you actually can follow @luvkanggun on twitter. She sharing quite a lot snippet from DVD. There is thread if I'm not mistaken 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Blob 3

Thank you for sharing @yong44!

Now that EAW has ended, people flock to watch PEB's previous shows so I sense there'll be more RoBin shippers to come. Some from other ship/s will prob switch seeing many on Twitter are going gaga watching TKA (wait 'til they discover the bts scenes, interviews, IG interactions and stuff lol). Anyway, I just hope we all ship responsibly at the end of the day and give the actors their space. Hwaiting~~~

Happy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

Edited by parkyenbin

1 hour ago, parkyenbin said:

Thank you for sharing @yong44!

Welcome. There's one more clip where the staff bts even embarrassed to see them. Hahahhaha. 

1 hour ago, parkyenbin said:

Anyway, I just hope we all ship responsibly at the end of the day and give the actors their space.

That's why this the safest space ever.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yong44 said:

It just since TKA attract  not much from younger age so the SNS following not seeing much the impact.

I noticed that too TKA resonated more with older audiences... and yep, the fandom already grew big post TKA.

And wow, thanks for sharing these snippets... Now, I need to cry. I miss them. 

Did park Eun Bin really just say "It wasn't because of any personal intentions. I didn't suggest it because I had fun when he lifted me up. Well, I did have fun but..." while explaining why she asked to be during that afternoon kiss with Jiun at the pavilion? I'm screaming!!! :heart2beat:

1 hour ago, MT220214 said:

Can you post that snippet too? If it’s not too risky like the one above for a limited time only?

Pretty pretty pleaseeee @yong44

Snippet. But with lower resolution and size since i screencap through phone

44 minutes ago, PEBunny said:

"It wasn't because of any personal intentions. I didn't suggest it because I had fun when he lifted me up. Well, I did have fun but..

Yes 

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, yong44 said:

Snippet. But with lower resolution and size since i screencap through phone

That video is taking me out. Wow! The staff literally looked away... That kiss was intenseeeeee. Also, the way they both jumped after??? Eun Bin FLEW out of his laps. Oh my goodness!

Since i just realized the first snippet i gave to you was cut to 10seconds only... My first intention to give you 20seconds (mukbang) but i think the app auto cut for the sake of your heart. :luvarrow:

So, I'm gladly giving additional 30seconds but with different angle. Last one since I'm working tomorrow. 

p/s If any of you are Rowoon fans, please know that we never belittle Rowoon or anything. I know some PEB fans (lowkey shipper from another ship) trying to belittle Rowoon as actor and i hate that. We here equally support Rowoon and Eunbin in their career path. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Thanks @yong44

Is this kissing scene, 2 different takes? It looks like it because I was observing the placement of his hands on her back. Also the second snippet looks like a close-up because the staff were really close to the action.

They both looked really sheepish at the end especially Rowoon. He also looked a little unsteady on his feet after he stood up and he had a big smile that he quickly tone down when he realised there were staff observing the filming.

:hwaiting2:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2