[Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아

Maetawinz

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아 - Lim Soo-Jung / Lee Do Hyun ⋇ Premiere on November 10

I am interested in this drama, however I have issue about the romance between a teacher in her 40 I think and a Hight school student who might not even 18. I do not have problem with the age gape between the 2 actors, just betweeen the 2 character in term of moral. If the student was in the college year I would not have issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pitchoum said:

I am interested in this drama, however I have issue about the romance between a teacher in her 40 I think and a Hight school student who might not even 18. I do not have problem with the age gape between the 2 actors, just betweeen the 2 character in term of moral. If the student was in the college year I would not have issue.

Omg I hope They are gonna make the ML at least 18 years old and the FL younger than 40, otherwise I might not watch it.. which is too bad,  cuz looks interesting . . Watched once a disturbing swedish movie on Netflix (I’m from Sweden ) FL was teacher to ML.. she was 36 and ML 15… there was lust between them but no love (tho even if there was love I still would be disturbed). Anyways its from 90s so I don’t think they would make a movie like this in today’s Sweden. 

The trailer of this drama looks very dramatic but oh so GOOD! 

Edited by Vera
  • Like 2

Im Soo Jung And Lee Do Hyun Are Dedicated To Become One With Their Characters In “Melancholia” Behind-The-Scenes Photos

Im Soo Jung And Lee Do Hyun Are Dedicated To Become One With Their Characters In “Melancholia” Behind-The-Scenes Photos

Nov 5, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s new drama “Melancholia” shared a new behind-the-scenes look at the lead actors hard at work!

“Melancholia” is set in a private school rife with corruption. Im Soo Jung plays passionate math teacher Ji Yoon Soo who actively encourages her students in a world where only the answers are taught. Lee Do Hyun plays a former math prodigy named Baek Seung Yoo, who attended MIT as an engineering major at the young age of 10 years old, but dropped out suddenly after two years and is currently ranked last in his class. The two come together to fight and overcome social conventions and prejudices.

The newly released behind-the-scenes photos show Im Soo Jung and Lee Do Hyun’s passion for the drama. They immerse into their characters even when they’re not filming.

First of all, Im Soo Jung exudes her own soft sensibility that synchronizes well with her character’s romantic atmosphere. She carefully monitors her acting and showcases professional behavior on the set.

im-soo-jung-3.jpgim-soo-jung-2.jpg

Other photos show Lee Do Hyun deeply focused on his script and paying attention to the details of the chessboard. His concentration and passion resembles his genius character’s personality, and fans are eagerly waiting to see how he will portray Baek Seung Yoo. lee-do-hyun-11.jpglee-do-hyun-41.jpg

“Melancholia” premieres on November 10 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Cr. Soompi

• Like 2

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아 ⋇ Lim Soo-Jung / Lee Do Hyun ⋇ Premiere on November 10

I think there will be No sexual Affair between them , people Will just THINK they have and That’s when **** breaks loose. They might have feelings for each other (at least the ML) but they won’t act up on them. I really don’t think the screenwriter and director would have the guts to make the ML and FL Secret Lovers while the ML is in high school anyways , that would probably lead to boycott of the drama. They won’t probably become a couple until 4 years later and even then it would be still a taboo of them being in relationship because of what happened…plus the huge age gap, so they will have to hide their relationship,also the FL is engaged to someone else …

I’m curious how far the screenwriter and director will be able to go with this drama …this kind of drama is not a problem to make in Japan , but in Korea? Hmmm

• Like 1

• Maetawinz changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Melancholia ♾️ 멜랑꼴리아 ⋇ Lim Soo-Jung / Lee Do Hyun ⋇ Wed. & Thu. 22:30