If You Had To Pick Singers To Represent Korea

Colorful

who would you pick?
Okay--let's not be biased here. If you had to pick 5 male and 5 female singers or groups to represent Korea, who would you pick? These singers will need to help Korea be seen in a positive light. These singers wont represent you. But will represent everyone in Korea. So don't just pick people who you like...

edit: well, I don't know if I explained well enough. When I mean represent, it's like 5 male and female singers will go up in front of the world and perform. It's not about how they look and stuff, but how talented they are. When they perform, the world will remember their voice and songs forever.

Lets see..for me I pick

Male

1. SG wannabe - seriously. The best singers ever! Their songs are well written and well made, their voice is soo powerful. I can feel the passion and love in every song, every key, every beat they sing.

2. Kim Bum Soo - He should join SG wanna be. Just like SG, I can feel the passion and love. His voice is by far my favorite voice too.

3. Kim Jong Kook - In one word a legend. Last year he won all the daesangs, and turbo was probably one of the most popular group in Korean. His past also makes me think that he has the Koreanish in him. I don't know how to explain it -_-

4. Dong Bang Shin Gi - Honestly, I was in debate over SUJU or DBSG. I wanted dancers too. But, since I think DBSG are better singers, I picked them (but I'm more of a SUJU fan). Singing, Dancing, Looks this boy group has it all. From the powerful and strong voice of Changmin, to the magnificent and unique voice of Xiah. Micky's deep, sexy and husky voice and Jaejoongs powerful and amazing singing. You can't forget Yoonho's awesome dances. And their good appecella!

5. Fly To The Sky - This group shows that two totally different voices can match well! Brian's high pitch but soothing voice and Hwanhee's low deep sexy voice absorbs me into their songs and gets me obsessed. This group has a lot of experience too.

Runners Up: Wheesung, Super Junior, Tim, Bi, Se7en

Female

1. Gavy NJ - The first time I heard their song 'happieness' I thought that they were the best girl singers I have ever heard. They have a powerful low voice, and their singing is AMAZING.

2. Seeya - Just like Gavy NJ their powerful voices amaze me. They are truely the girl SG Wannabe. And their ability to sing together is their strongest points.

3. Boa - Who can forget this legend? She can sing and dance. You can tell she works REALLY hard and trains REALLY hard. Her voice is amazing and her dancing skills make my eyes pop out.

4. Ivy - She can sing and dance. Her hard training came to action after she debuted and I am in love with her voice. She can sing in a high tune or low tune. She can sing hard songs and easy songs.

5. Baek Ji Yeong - I love her songs, and she has a different style than most girl singers. Her voice is unique and might not be the best, but something about it makes me drawn more torwards her.

Runners up: Lim Jeong Hee, Big Mama, Brown eyed girls, Hyori, Bin, Cheyeon, etc.

So whats your choices?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still fairly new to Kmusic; but I'd still like to share my opinion on this. :)

Kangta - Let's just say if it wasnt for him, I wouldnt be interested in Korean music. the timbre of his voice brings tears to my eyes. I havent read all translations of his songs, but I could easily convey the "meaning" from the way he sings. He has that pure talent as a musician that I think the rest of the world should see.

Rain - not a big fan, but let's admit Bi will be the one who's gonna put Korea in big headlines next yr. he's scheduled to debut in the US anyway. plus, he was already recognized by Time Mag as part of the influential individuals. he's one good rep for his country, I say.

If I pick a boyband, it's gonna be between Shinhwa and DBSK. I pick the latter. I sound so biased because my current obsession is TVXQ. they can sing, dance and have that great personality so lacking in many north american bands/groups I've come to know. for me they're a breath of fresh air. although, Shinhwa's success and longetivity in the business are more astounding. They had accomplished more than DBSK. but, I just have to state my opinion, I dont think they're the better singers [as a whole] compared to DBSK.

I'm not so familiar with any Korean female singers. If I have to pick one or two, I'd pick the lead singer from Loveholic and the female singer in Clazziquai.

Guest makemyday

your list is pretty much perfect :)

haha the one change is that i might've put lim jeong hee on the top 5 instead of ivy.

not sure though.

your boy list is perfect to a T though. haha

Guest angel2nyt

shinhwa

dong bang shin ki

lee soo young

sg wannabe

ock ju hyun

bada

baek ji young

lim jung hee

se7en

shin seung hun

kangta

big mama

seo tae ji

i have a lot

Guest VitaDolce*

Solo Artists:

BoA - total package. [sing & dance]

Se7en - total package. [sing & dance]

Lee Jung Hyun

Park Hyo Shin

Group:

DBSK - total package. [sing & dance]

Super Junior - total package. [sing & dance]

SeeYa

FTTS

SGwannabe

Guest chopsticksandspoon

i say shinhwa.

shinhwa cause they've tried out every music already. they've gone through 8 years of music and therefore knows more.

shinhwa cause shinhwa's perfect.

they represent friendship.

they represent everything there is to represent.

plus minwoo and hyesung's here too, two solo artists who've accomplished so many already.

dbsk too. haha. cause i think that dbsk is what girls want. they can sing.

sg wanna be. voices are just great.

se7en, come on, who doens't think this guy's great?

ah, i forgot the name if the guy who sang I BELIEVE.... hm.... but that guy. he's great.

girls, don't know much but i can safely say that lee soo young is great. big mama too. and i also think that lee ho ri will be great also.

and then nothing more.

i just find it amusing how many thinks dbsk represents korea. oh well. i think so too. just not that much.

oh! i think why..... *grins evilly* secret though. i'd hurt others.

Guest money_teresa

personally thinks bi is really korean representive k-pop artis!!

not obbesed but realistic[???]

up coming maybe, Boa[she is now known well in america,seems so],

Se7en, Hyori[she got fans frm america,thats wat i know]

for group i think FTTS and Shinwah,i still prefer TVXQ remain top at asia and just known well at global but not too famous[i m always selfish for my love 1,muhahha]

Guest chopsticksandspoon

I am surprised at why Shinhwa is not mentioned when they are so famous overseas.

i'll tell you why.

cause the starter of the thread is a suju and dbsk fan. that's why.

i'll pm you though. i might get rocks thrown at me.

just wanted to add, so i'll not sound like i'm spamming...

i just researched his name and his name is Shin Seung-hun, the one who sang I BELIEVE. i think he represents korea cause he's a really good singer, a great performer and he has passion in his work.

Guest fragment

male;

`shinhwa

`vibe

`epik high

`trax

`seo taiji

female;

`boa

`hyori

`lee sooyoung

`big mama

`gummy

it breaks my heart not to include people like dongbangshinki & super junior & se7en etc etc but i was going for more of a overall kinda feel? like, rock & hiphop, good singers, good dancers etc & yeah~

Guest la vifzetta*

with some personal bias, i would probably say the following:

god, shinhwa, dbsk.

but if i try to be more objective...

then possibly bi, and dbsg and shinhwa will come in a close second.

bi is already well known across asia, and he is working with some big names from america, so i think it's only natural that he 'represents' korea.

dbsg and shinhwa do have strong footholds in japan and asia, but in america and europe...i'm not quite sure.

and if it's possible, i would really want god to represent. they are not coined as "Korea's Group" for nothing. not only are they less teeny bopper than some other groups out there, but they generate a very positive, optimistic image. it will also reflect very well on korea's image as a friendly state.

Guest jihye87

Shinhwa .. when it comes to being famous and people acknowledging their popularity and talent though i have no idea what Eric's rapping .. I'm not tt sure abt Bi cos some say his is a little marketing gimmick .. no offense ..

Archived