[Drama 2023] Taxi Driver 2, 모범택시 2

LeftCoastOppa

The young taxi driver seems much nastier than I thought. Hitting his younger siblings?  We'll find out soon, just a few more episodes.

@larus the female baddie that you mentioned does resemble Kim So Yeon. There are not too many episodes left for a real revenge against the Team revenge. The sister ( if it's her role) was a real gang leader like the recent Vietnam based crime lady. she was good-looking but criminal and  loose morals too. That's what's missing in the second part, mature, capable, good-looking and in control female characters. In S1 there were 3 , although the Chinese pirate was unattractive. They removed the prosecutor and gang-leader, just brought back the Chinese Vietnam-based pirate. They beefed up the female team member's role but she's not really an original character. Computer wiz, saving the day with her computer skills and a fan of DG. Sounds familiar - NCIS and others. They seem to hint of a romantic liaison between the two.  

It's interesting to bring in characters from other shows, but I hope they will limit it, too many  will just crowd the show. Novelty factor is gone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maribella said:

It's interesting to bring in characters from other shows, but I hope they will limit it, too many  will just crowd the show. Novelty factor is gone.

Yeah... I agree. But I only watched Namgoong Min cameo and I will watch So yeon `s as well. From the articles, she will appear as a character incorporated in the story, which is good. From what I read about this drama, the format can make it a seasonal drama but I think they have to bring interesting stories because, otherwise, it will became too predictable, formulaic and uninteresting. It is all about the writing.

They seem to hint of a romantic liaison between the two.  

From what I saw (just a few teasers) I don`t find them a good match as a romantic couple. I hope they will keep it a friendship relationship. But whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, larus said:

can make it a seasonal drama but I think they have to bring interesting stories because, otherwise, it will became too predictable, formulaic and uninteresting. It is all about the writing.

There seemed to be another guy making a cameo too. It's just a few more weeks.

2 hours ago, larus said:

From what I saw (just a few teasers) I don`t find them a good match as a romantic couple. I hope they will keep it a friendship relationship. But whatever.

In real life it could happen since they are both wrapped up in their work. But it's too lopsided. When the prosecutor in S1 was dealing with DG, we could see that they were on the same level. But they removed her.

I don't know they switched the car or bsiled him out of a burning car but DG survived, shown in the preview. Thst was to flush out the enemies.

The special effects were good but all the time I was thinking: no fire extinguisher? :loolz:

So he switches with another patient. The doctor story was sometimes very unbelievable, like why her staff in hospital wasn't noticing that majority patients are elderly and things are shady. Things that were happening at the hospital were hard to hide from staff and at some point someone does disclose things. But anyways, still it was believable overall in terms of theme. But what confused me was when she was arrested how did she get out again and how is it possible for her to renew the license and start on again, like why she wasn't jailed for such gross scale of malpractices and hiring proxy surgeon, how is it possible?, what is in korean laws? 

So dooki had caught on on ha joon and he devised this whole plan. He is alive and fine.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, maribella said:

In real life it could happen since they are both wrapped up in their work. But it's too lopsided. When the prosecutor in S1 was dealing with DG, we could see that they were on the same level. But they removed her.

The hacker girl looks like his younger sister. I doubt there will be romance between them. They are a team and, of course, they like each other, but I don`t think it is romantically.

19 hours ago, maribella said:

I don't know they switched the car or bsiled him out of a burning car but DG survived, shown in the preview. Thst was to flush out the enemies.

I don`t know what to think about it. Is there anyone (from the audience) who believes that he could be dead? In the middle of the season?  :D About the plot.... Fake a death to prove what? Just to confuse his enemies?  In these movies/dramas, it is so easy to fake a death. Why use an explosion? An explosion in the middle of Seoul, the police investigation, media, money spent .... I don`t think it is worth the trouble, such little gain. JMO.

PS. I watched the scene with the explosion. Ha Joon put the explosive. Do Gi realised in time that he is in danger and got out of the car in time. OK. That makes more sense, I guess.

I saw the preview. All those people kneeling in front of that camera. :w00t: It made me laugh. I know that they suposed to work under the mysterious `The Bishop`, the lord of the underground crime. They want to keep this character a mystery as long as possible. If So yeon will play the Bishop I will laugh even harder.

I don`t have a good feeling how the writer builds the story about this new omnipotent villain. We`ll see. Maybe I should trust the writer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, larus said:

The hacker girl looks like his younger sister. I doubt there will be romance between them. They are a team and, of course, they like each other, but I don`t think it is romantically.

I don`t know what to think about it. Is there anyone (from the audience) who believes that he could be dead? In the middle of the season?  :D About the plot.... Fake a death to prove what? Just to confuse his enemies?  In these movies/dramas, it is so easy to fake a death. Why use an explosion? An explosion in the middle of Seoul, the police investigation, media, money spent .... I don`t think it is worth the trouble, such little gain. JMO.

:) It won't be a drama without dramatics. I'm curious how they are going to explain DG escaping from the burning car.

Another strange occurence in kdramas is that the police are very passive or crooked. That is why we have this show. 

19 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

But what confused me was when she was arrested how did she get out again and how is it possible for her to renew the license and start on again, like why she wasn't jailed for such gross scale of malpractices and hiring proxy surgeon, how is it possible?, what is in korean laws? 

It is kdrama logic. Probably she got out on bail, she wanted to escape/run away somewhere else, to change her name and start over. Only in kdrama universe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maribella said:

It won't be a drama without dramatics. I'm curious how they are going to explain DG escaping from the burning car.

Yes, it was just for dramatics. :D  He was not in the car. He realized it was a bomb, went to a less crowded road, jumped out of the car into a bush. Everything while his team was behind him in a van. For me... the cliche scene will be that not even his team (who were at the scene when all this happened) knew he was alive. Imagine, being in a bush, probably hurt, stopping other cars to get to a safe place, while his people mourned his "death". The bad guys were not even at the scene. If Do Ki and his team knew from the beginning, and they put it on scene everything... all right. I can accept that. The preview can be misleading sometimes.

If the bad guys have the crooked police officers (even the chief of Police) on their side, the news about nobody being in the car will spread to the bad guys as well.  It seems both sides have people working for them.

4 hours ago, maribella said:

Another strange occurence in kdramas is that the police are very passive or crooked. That is why we have this show. 

Yes. There is a common theme in the crime, political dramas. The corruption is so deep that the good people needs help of vigilantes to give some justice.

From what I see, the drama have episodic cases and the resolution to those problems happened quickly. I hope this time, with these new villains, there will be some good cat and mouse games. To resolve quickly the problem with a huge crime organization is unrealistic and naive.

• Like 1

“Taxi Driver 2” Dominates Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings For 2nd Week In A Row

Shin-Jae-Ha-Lee-Je-Hoon-XPN.jpg?s=900x60

Mar 26, 2023
by E. Cha

SBS’s “Taxi Driver 2” has continued its reign over the rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the second consecutive week, Season 2 of the hit drama remained No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

In addition to “Taxi Driver 2” topping the list of most buzzworthy dramas, its star Lee Je Hoon successfully held onto his spot at No. 1 on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members, while his co-star Shin Jae Ha rose to No. 4.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of March are as follows:

1. SBS “Taxi Driver 2”
  2. JTBC “Divorce Attorney Shin”
  3. KBS2 “Three Bold Siblings”
  4. tvN “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise”
  5. KBS2 “Oasis”
  6. KBS2 “Woman in a Veil”
  7. KBS1 “The Love in Your Eyes”
  8. tvN “The Heavenly Idol”
  9. tvN “Our Blooming Youth”
  10. SBS “The Secret Romantic Guesthouse”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Lee Je Hoon (“Taxi Driver 2”)
  2. Lee Ji Ah (“Pandora: Beneath the Paradise”)
  3. Cho Seung Woo (“Divorce Attorney Shin”)
  4. Shin Jae Ha (“Taxi Driver 2”)
  5. Park Hyung Sik (“Our Blooming Youth”)
  6. Kim Min Kyu (“The Heavenly Idol”)
  7. Shin Ye Eun (“The Secret Romantic Guesthouse”)
  8. Jang Dong Yoon (“Oasis”)
  9. Shin Go Eun (“Woman in a Veil”)
  10. Yoon Chae Na (“The Love in Your Eyes”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1575247wpp/taxi-driver-2-dominates-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-for-2nd-week-in-a-row

7 hours ago, larus said:

It is kdrama logic. Probably she got out on bail, she wanted to escape/run away somewhere else, to change her name and start over. Only in kdrama universe.

Koreans seem to have 'seals' so I am guessing it has a name on it, the korean dramas use that to stamp anything official.

Nevertheless changing her name on The Korean medical licence must surely be difficult. 

19 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Actually dooki says there us a loophole in law that allows it so I wonder how.

Who knows? Maybe there isn`t it any loophole in the law (real life law). Maybe the writer used this line to give the Rainbow team the excuse to make some justice to the victims. It is not a realistic show. The villains are over the top and the solutions to the problems are kdrama material.  :D What is realistic, it is possible that the rich people could hire lawyers to help them with milder sentences or get them out. Also depends of the evidence the police officers gathered for the prosecutors.

16 hours ago, maribella said:

Nevertheless changing her name on The Korean medical licence must surely be difficult. 

I guess with lots of money they can forge everything.

5 minutes ago, larus said:

guess with lots of money they can forge everything.

The Korean equivalent to the AMA may not be too easily swayed by money. It's a big risk to their income if their membership is not strictly enforced. I think it's just kdrama dramatic licence. 

But having another inexperienced junior doctor doing the surgeries of a well known senior doctor has been reported in the press - after a death. They call it ghost doctors.

I think it's just kdrama dramatic licence.

Of course. Plus. Who will believe it is possible in real life that after being caught one time they did it again?

They call it ghost doctors.

Really? I was surprised to hear about that storyline. I did not follow the story in the drama but I read about it in the comments. I don`t understand the reason for a senior doctor to put a junior doctor to operate. They can do the surgeries anymore, what is it? 

2 hours ago, larus said:

Of course. Plus. Who will believe it is possible in real life that after being caught one time they did it again?

Really? I was surprised to hear about that storyline. I did not follow the story in the drama but I read about it in the comments. I don`t understand the reason for a senior doctor to put a junior doctor to operate. They can do the surjeries anymore, what is it? 

They didn't say why the surgeon did it but I am guessing it was greed and laziness. Perhaps he was multitasking. The big named guy came into the operating theatre, looked around and left while the junior started cutting the patient's jaw - reduction job. The man was losing blood while on the table, but the doctor stitched him up, at the same time mopping up the blood. Took him to the recovery room and left him alone while the bandages were getting soaked with his blood. He died but I can't remember the details after that, of course the parents sued.

Unlike the Taxi show, the whole procedure was taped. So it was on record. The taxi show was worse, a salesman was operating. She herself seemed to have cut an artery too, after commenting on the ugly vein. I remember from my high school biology a vein would not cause a spurt but an artery would. The writer may be trying to show that she was not a good surgeon either. Did DG cut off her hand? I had closed my eyes.

4 hours ago, larus said:

Really? I was surprised to hear about that storyline. I did not follow the story in the drama but I read about it in the comments. I don`t understand the reason for a senior doctor to put a junior doctor to operate. They can do the surjeries anymore, what is it? 

There is a drama which covers ghost doctors called doctor lawyer. It seems it happens or happened in korea where rich or powerful doctors get ghost doctors to perform surgeries.

In this case they showed a salesman which is weird but I am assuming they went as far as to show a salesman then that might mean something like that could have happened.

As of your other comment about it being an exaggeration on law loophole, I seriously hope that's the case. 

It's been a while since last I joined this forum. And yes, I watched the season 1 of Taxi Driver and now joining the ongoing team for season 2. S1 was more like their introduction, how the make a move towards the revenge, the strategies and whatnot, but S2, it's more colored as there's one party, instead of chasing like Kang Ha-na byeonhosa, On Ha-joon team wanna destroy Kang Do-gi and team, like for real. That's the best part actually as On Ha-joon slipped to be a 2-face driver inside the company.

Meaning, rainbow team not only taking the revenge on behalf of their passengers, but there is another person who wanna take their revenge on them too. On Ha-joon, wait till Kim Do-gi OFF you latehhh... :gangnamstyle:

Yaaaaaa, I think the same too. Maybe this year the Daesang goes to... Lee Je-hoon, my new oppa :wub:

On 3/21/2023 at 8:15 PM, larus said:

Two Daesang winners for SBS, passing the baton to Lee Je Hoon? I think Lee Je Hoon will receive Daesang this year. :D

10 hours ago, maribella said:

Unlike the Taxi show, the whole procedure was taped. So it was on record. The taxi show was worse, a salesman was operating.

What? :o Jeez. That`s too much. Talking about exageration. I can`t follow the logic. In real life, even doctors can make mistakes so how could they use a salesman? They must want the business to continue, why use a fake doctor? Of course, she is a bad doctor but it seems she is stupid too.

9 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

In this case they showed a salesman which is weird but I am assuming they went as far as to show a salesman then that might mean something like that could have happened

Yeah... it is very weird. 

1 hour ago, hsmz said:

Yaaaaaa, I think the same too. Maybe this year the Daesang goes to... Lee Je-hoon, my new oppa

I can bet on it. ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, larus said:

Yeah... it is very weird. 

It happened even the name of the medical supplies company made up by taxi driver writer is similar to actual company's name whose sales rep did it.

https://www.koreabiomed.com/news/articleViewAmp.html?idxno=4251

"According to the informer, the salesman from Medtronic Korea participated in the spinal surgery of a patient, led by an NMC neurosurgeon on Sept. 12."

"Even if it had been several years since the introduction of the medical device, some surgeons use the equipment a few times only. So, when surgeons are not familiar with the use of a medical device, they sometimes call medical device salespersons for help, the official added."

Read full link.

Actually I literally forgot and have a very vague memory that the sales rep operating thing was either shown by another kdrama many years back or it a was case read in news, but definitely read about it or saw somewhere but can't recall.

• Shocked 1