Kim Tae Ri 김태리~Chungmuro Star~ [Upcoming Drama 2024: Jeong Nyeon]

DrBooger

Source:https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kim-tae-ri-space-sweepers-upcoming-actress/

Here’s Why You Should Be Paying Attention To Kim Tae Ri

All film enthusiasts should keep their eye out for her phenomenal skills!

DGerHNfrcaC4aACl49npRdvXsg2JCZZktpP22hj7

Kim Tae Ri, known for her roles in the movie Little Forest and the historical K-drama Mr. Sunshine, quickly took the Korean movie scene by storm: she is now said to be one of the most sought-after actresses in Korea, especially after having won a handful of awards for her very first role in the 2016 movie The Handmaiden. 

4gwsQBxTxu9L0cA_Oh0OstDKerWVdhcM9d-eYWyANrJ-A7Igoj6jfoUe8LYMBDSffdp8mCB3BRrNpyyBLoblGFHZpIoawQvrxlVPWOnZB18y4xs=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | ELLE

Kim Tae Ri came from a “very poor family,” working odd jobs to get herself through school. She said she “wasn’t very optimistic” when she attended the audition for The Handmaiden, but little did she know that she would earn a role in the movie—and incredible success with it.

B5kfVEYD7fHMQNZnjGysz3M-VXbKPfu26lM_ZqCxVNYwUC8ClYd8COnjBapCwIhu2dUWOrmGeM-rxWw9WeV939TD8gg_K_LD944WHu1JVBWw8Vs=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Kim Tae Ri in The Handmaiden. | CJ Entertainment

In an interview with The Korea Times, she opened up about her experiences as an actress. She is fiercely determined, working hard towards improving her skills and unafraid of stepping out of her comfort zone.

Honestly, I felt zero pressure for box office success after The Handmaiden because I was aware of my weaknesses and knew that I would need to get help from others. So I was more concerned about developing my characters.

-Kim Tae Ri

Spoiler

P_kPV1lXYwCvPCt8sVLNiYOqca6btcnGhhlzDYX-G9v7aTtoTApqGmhD2QK-yDfoSGplAYP6LkZvpvR6W1bUhAsrG-WwLXTQBFoWCKONprhbNII=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Kim Tae Ri in Mr. Sunshine. | Netflix

She then went on to discuss her latest role in Jo Sung Hee‘s Space Sweepers, which was released on February 5. This movie is considered the first Korean space blockbuster movie, set in the year 2092 and following a crew of poor “space sweepers” (space junk collectors). Kim Tae Ri stars as Captain Jang, the captain of the crew, who discovers a robot called Dorothy which turns out to be a weapon of mass destruction. They realize that Dorothy is wanted by the Space Guards and demand a ransom in exchange.

I’m neither meticulous nor calculating. I just followed my heart and I was lucky to be given opportunities to work with the country’s prominent directors and actors who I look up to very much. We were a perfect team. Because it is the first Korean sci-fi movie set in outer space, it was challenging and new to everyone. The actors and the production crew really worked together to bring the movie to completion, and it was a fulfilling experience.

-Kim Tae Ri about filming Space Sweepers

Spoiler

HWzNPhr29Btg1dvlK9vlDOfTtfdC8B7hOUrJzjy29wH-xptnHszgO8lH8dFWp_-w1iRLWUqkYirrqn8k0FYXvkjzU58GXfUvNa2SGuzrvnWL1cg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Kim Tae Ri as Captain Jang in Space Sweepers. | Netflix

To further prove her determination to improve as an actress, in 2019 Kim Tae Ri even halted her career for a few months to study English in the U.K.

Kim Tae Ri is currently filming Choi Dong Hoon‘s Alien and the release date has yet to be determined. All film enthusiasts should keep their eye out for her phenomenal skills!

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags, thanks!

[Interview] What Captain Jang doesn't have, and'Kim Tae-ri' has

spacer.png

Tae-ri Kim is continuing to win the box office with the movie'Seungri-ho' (director Jo Sung-hee). /Netflix

Sisa Week = Reporter Lee Young-sil The  path that actor Kim Tae-ri has been walking for the sixth year of his debut is unique. Park Chan-wook's film ``Girl'' (2016) quickly became a ``Cinderella Chungmuro'', and he entered the ranks of ``Actresses Who Trust and See'' by successively hitting the movies ``1987'' (2017) and ``Little Forest'' (2018). TVN'Mr. Sunshine' (2018), the first CRT challenge, has been successful and has continued to be'unbeaten'.

It does not just prove'box power'. As Sook-hee who approaches to steal the property of a noble lady, but eventually loves her, as Yeon-hee who goes up on the bus and speaks out in silence after turning away from the injustice of power, as Young-ae, the most prestigious Korean family, and Aesin, an independent fighter fighting for liberation He is the birth of a hungry youth living in this era, and has built his own filmography by constantly changing through characters that are out of the typical form.

New again this time. It was disassembled into a captain leading the space garbage cleaner'Seungri', and a fresh and attractive female captain was born. Tae-ri Kim shows more than anything he imagines. It is now irreplaceable.

The movie ``Seungri-ho'' (director Jo Sung-hee), released on Netflix on the 5th, tells the story of the crew of the space garbage scavenger Seung-ho, who discovered the humanoid robot Dorothy, known as a weapon of mass destruction, in 2092, and then jumped into a dangerous transaction. It is a painted work.

Director Cho Seong-hee, who directed the movie ``The Wolf Boy'' and ``Detective Hong Gil-dong: The Disappeared Village,'' grabbed a megaphone and completed a new space science fiction genre that was not seen in Korean movies, and is gaining explosive response from all over the world.

In the play, Tae-ri Kim played Seung-ho's young leader, Captain Jang. Captain Jang was once the captain of the notorious space pirates, but after changing his status, he led the space garbage scavenger Seungri. Although he has a personality, he shines in every decisive moment with his extraordinary brain and exceptional leadership.

Kim Tae-ri completed an enterprising and attractive captain with a solid charisma. The all-back short hair style, sunglasses, and laser gun aimed at the dignified exterior, as well as convincingly depicting the narrative of the character is gaining popularity.

spacer.png
Tae-ri Kim is building unrivaled filmography. /Netflix

In a recent video interview, Tae-ri Kim met with <Sisa Week>, saying, "I want to resemble Captain Jang's dignity." However, the unaffected and honest appearance, open laughter, and bright and bold energy that he showed throughout the interview was as cool as Captain Jang, as attractive as Captain Jang, and more brilliant than Captain Jang.    

-After the release, the reaction was hot overseas. What do you think is the reason for the favorable reception?
“When it comes to science fiction genres, images seen in Hollywood or foreign movies are engraved, but'Seungri-ho' is Korean, and all the characters who appear are speaking their own words. I wonder if that was new and fresh. Who's going to go around in space with holes in socks, shoes that run out, and go begging with my daughter? haha. Since there hasn't been such a story in the meantime, I wonder if the freshness appealed.”

-Previously, at a press conference, it was expressed as a work with a lot of Korean sentiment.
“Sets and props are what we use in real life. Wooden tables, croaking sofas, refrigerators and kettles are all real-life props used on Earth. Even more rusted and burnt. There seems to be feelings that come from that. And since the message that the movie wants to convey is about family, humanity, and people, I wonder if we can see a lot of our emotions in such a place. I thought that science fiction was not focused on the time of the future, but rather focused on the people living in that era and how they are living.”

-What was the reason that Director Jo Sung-hee cast Tae-ri Kim in the role of Captain Jang?
“The scenario was so good, the character was good, but the character was not drawn with my face. So I asked the coach in what way he wanted to put my face on it, and he said that he had the title of captain, but I wish it wasn't typical. He said that it would be nice if it wasn't the image that he usually thinks as a person in a position to lead everyone. In particular, he told me that when I sit on the character of Captain Jang, I think that a different power will come out rather than a functional character sitting. I believe in the director and it's a big part of where I started.”

spacer.png

Kim Tae-ri completed an attractive female captain character in the movie'Seungri-ho'. /Netflix

-What kind of character was Captain Jang and how he wanted to express it.
“I thought he was a person with faith. A person with a cause. And who sees the forest, not the tree. I thought I was a captain because I was such a person. While acting, I tried not to be swung by the title of a captain. It focused on how to communicate with the crew and human beings. Captain Jang's concept is completely elite. But rather than that, I thought a lot to show a human being who lives while breathing with the crew on board.”

-What style did Captain Captain's mood or tone be set to?
“In order to follow the director's intention, I could have made it a little bit more out of the way. I thought about how to show a complex character as much as possible, and as a result, it seems a little bit heavy. What I was disappointed with watching the movie was that I wished I had just left. I thought it would be nice if I could express it in a more cartoonish way and show a more lively appearance.”

-It was a work with a lot of CG work in the second half, but were there any difficulties?
“In the case of the ship where the crew worked, it was actually a part that was completely built as a set. Just as it actually works, there are buttons too. However, there was a chroma key shot. He had to shoot into the air at an invisible enemy and react to an invisible bomb. There were difficulties in that part. However, it was all the first and it was a challenge, so I felt comforted and shrugged. It was shameless. At the beginning of the movie, there was a scene where the trash was taken along with the line'get away, these incompetent things'. It was really good to see the finished scene. It was much better than I thought. Looking at it, I felt moved, thinking that there would be no stories that could not be made.”

-Captain Jang was a very attractive person, but there is no part that resembles him. What kind of point did you feel was different, so what part did you want to resemble more?
“I think you might say what you mean, but I want to be confident. I look confident on the outside, but I go home and do a blanket kick and think about what I said today. It is a'glass mentle'. Perhaps the interviewer I interviewed today is going to go home and saying,'Why did you say this?' However, Captain Jang is consistently confident. There is nothing to grapple with. I want to look like that. It seems to be the relaxation that comes from someone who knows how to see far. I want to resemble that relaxation.”

-On the contrary, if there is an advantage of Tae-ri Kim that Captain Jang does not have.
“I have never thought about it. What is it... laugh? Captain Jang doesn't laugh like me. haha. A big laugh? I've heard other people say,'It's hard, but listening to Terry's laughter gives me strength.' So laugh!”

Spoiler

spacer.png

Kim Tae-ri mentioned the changed changes. /Netflix

-If you want to pick the character that was the most Kim Tae-ri
“I think it was Sook-hee,'Lady'. 'Lady' is a work that made its first step into a commercial film. So, it was the character who got the most answers from me. I was constantly thinking about things like how would I behave in such a case? What kind of voice would I make at this time? Sook-hee seems to resemble the most because he was the character he played from me.”

-In 2017, through'Girl', he quickly emerged as Cinderella in Chungmuro, and has now established itself as a'Believe of Faith'. If there is any difference in your mindset then and now.
“I filmed'Seungri-ho' with great pressure and tension. After filming like that, I felt and learned a lot. Let's take a good look around and think about the people who love me. When I opened my eyes like that, the words of those who loved me, supported me, and cared for me were all delivered to my fingertips. When the delivery was complete, would my heart be enriched in the field? It seems that I was able to get rid of a lot of anxiety and tension. My mind is more comfortable than before. But this wasn't achieved by growing up, it just seems like now. The period of anxiety will come again (laughs)”

-He is counted as an actor without scandal compared to the star. What is the most important self-management method?
“When I treat people, I try hard to be sincere. In fact, it is easy to lie as an actor. Isn't there a point where you have to lie not for words in a bad sense, but for good and good circumference, or for an image? However, I try not to lose myself so that I can show my sincerity as much as possible in it.”

-What is Kim Tae-ri's belief as an actor?
“I think loving myself is the most important thing. I want to love myself and love my surroundings, and I want to be a person who can share love with people I don't know. As an actor and as a person Kim Tae-ri.”

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags, thanks!

Source:http://www.vogue.co.kr/2019/10/07/배우/

100th Anniversary of Korean Cinema, Actress Theory

It is the face of the learning era.
Kim Hye-su, Jeon Do-yeon, Moon So-ri, Son Ye-jin, Kim Go-eun, Kim Tae-ri.
Film critics and artists interpret their attractiveness in their own way.

Kim Tae-ri

After the screening of <Little Forest>(2018) at a film festival last year, I had a'conversation with audience' with director Lim Soon-rye. The last question was about a boy. They asked simple, yet point-of-mind questions. “Does Kim Tae-ri really eat that well?” People laughed slightly at the childish question, but Director Lim Soon-rye replied seriously. “Because there are many cases where you pretend to eat lightly when you're acting as an original, and spit out when you get a'cut' sign? I can’t eat everything because there are times when I shoot repeatedly. However, when filming <Little Forest>, Tae-ri Kim ate really well like that. Perhaps that feeling was passed on to the audience as well.”

Maybe this boy's curiosity and director Lim Soon-rye's answer contain everything about'Actor Tae-ri Kim'. Simply put, Kim Tae-ri is real. Here, the expression'really looks like' is cautious. This is because it does not mean that fakes are disguised as real. In Kim Tae-ri's acting, there is an uncalculated, unprecedented feeling. The boy mentioned earlier would have asked in that sense. The student, who is about ten years old, feels that Tae-ri Kim is eating really good. Being able to give such a feeling is the driving force behind Kim Tae-ri becoming very familiar to the public in just three years and receiving good reviews for each role he plays.

Known to the public for <Girl>(2016), which passed the competition rate of 1,500 to 1, Kim Tae-ri continued filmography without a single failure until <1987>(2017), <Little Forest>, and TV drama <Mr. Sunshine>. And is currently filming <Seungri-ho>. No actor has recently established himself in the film industry at such a rapid pace. This isn't just because <My Lady> has earned a high reputation like Cinderella's. The reason that the directors and producers sent love calls while suggesting the title role is because of Kim Tae-ri's new style of attraction.

In fact, her role was quite serious. A maid who destroys the family with her owner, a twenty-year-old awakening at the turning point of history, a young man who failed and failed in the city, an independence activist during the Japanese colonial period... By the way, Kim Tae-ri gives the feeling that he just plays such a role. Obviously, he is not an artisan actor. When compared to baseball, he is a pitcher who throws one or two pitches with all his might. However, in front of the batter with confidence in the pitch, if it is a movie, it is not hesitant in front of the camera. Something like skill that comes from temperament, not experience? Kim Tae-ri has such uniqueness.

Such acting style reflects recent changing trends. 'Good acting' that dominated our thinking from the late 1990s until recently was'hot acting', and for actors,'unconventional transformation' was an important virtue. The so-called'Big 3 (Choi Min-sik, Song Kang-ho, Seol Gyeong-gu)' or female actors such as Jeon Jeon and Moon So-ri were actors representing the so-called'Korean Movie Renaissance' period. However, actors such as Goeun Kim, Sodam Park, Som Lee, and Taeri Kim approach the character in a much more relaxed state. They step away from the methodology of seniors who created characters by transforming themselves with strength, approaching a given character, and adapting little by little, but never erasing their own feelings. Even if it is less full, there is a blank space, and it is a style of smoke that emits loose but subtly rather than exploding after condensing under tension. Tae-ri Kim is an actor who represents this trend.

The biggest advantage of this style of acting is that it soaks into the character at high speed. Kim Tae-ri is a style that puts the character itself first before analysis and calculation. If you rate his acting as "good sensibility", that's why. <Girl> and <Mr. Sunshine> had to show a variety of tones and feelings in the work, but Tae-ri Kim is very soft in that'overflowing'. He did Sook-hee and Go Ae-shin, but no specific setting was found. Perhaps this'no setting' is the most important characteristic of Tae-ri Kim, which also encompasses Hye-won (Little Forest) and Yeon-hee (1987).

So, I hope that this actor broadens the spectrum of emotions through various life experiences and meets the characters in it, rather than continually advancing through many works. This is because Tae-ri Kim is an actor with emotion rather than skill, and she shows advantages in characters that are connected with what she has. If only the obsession of continuing to expand the range of characters and pursuing new things can escape to some extent, Tae-ri Kim is an actor who can run much longer than we expect. This is because he is an actor like'Little Forest' full of trees that have not yet bear fruit.

spacer.png

Murray Crab mainly works on animation, an extended area of illustration. He is exhibiting animation and music videos at the exhibition <My Name is Red Hair ANNE> in Seongsu-dong Galleria Foret, animations on the billboard at Sogo Department Store in Hong Kong, and animations at <Goods More Mart> in Hannam-dong Guangmoa Billiards Stadium. “To celebrate the 100th anniversary of Korean movies, it was fun to be able to draw my favorite actor Kim Tae-ri in Vogue Korea. Clear, sad eyes that seem like a pure child but strangely full of excellence allow her to divide deeply into any role.”

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/416/0000268212

[Subsuda] Kim Tae-ri's shining self-esteem "Because he was self-sufficient and grew up alone..."

0000268212_001_20210222174518155.jpg?type=w430

[SBS Entertainment News | Reporter Kim Ji-hye] Actor Kim Tae-ri has an extraordinary energy different from other actors. Can you feel the complex spirit of a strange mixture of the cheerfulness like a naughty boy, the hotness like a boss, and the preciousness of a noble lady of the Joseon Dynasty?

Attitude (posture) will come a little more clearly than the energy that can only be guessed at first glance. It doesn't seem like there's a big difference in public or private seats, but it's a little more attractive with the camera turned off. He is friendly without hesitation, and cheerful without being harsh.

Tae-ri Kim, who sat in front of the zoom camera for the interview with'Seungri-ho', checked the reporters' faces like a naughty girl. No one turned on the camera and complained when only the black and white screen with the name on it appeared. "Oh, reporters, please turn on the camera!"

'Seungriho', the fifth journey following the movies'Lady','Little Forest', '1984' and the drama'Mr. Sunshine', was another adventure for Kim Tae-ri. From his debut work to the first, second, and third, he tried in some way, but it is true that'Seungri-ho' was considered a bigger adventure in terms of uncertainty.

Tae-ri Kim said, "'Seungri-ho' is the protagonist of Song Joong-ki," but he created impressive scenes in the movie. The presence that penetrated through the power of the quantity was brighter than anyone else.

Most of all, Captain Jang, the leader of'Seungri-ho' played by Kim Tae-ri, escaped from the biological sex of a woman, and released the boss's charisma with a character. I heard stories about'Seungri-ho' and'Captain Jang', which could have been completed more firmly with Kim Tae-ri.

0000268212_002_20210222174518173.jpg?type=w430

Q.'Seungriho' was released to 190 countries abroad. You must have previewed the movie, how many times did you watch it, and on what platform did you watch it? What is the driving force behind the film's good response from the first day of its release?

A. I first saw it in a small preview room in the Netflix company before the release. After the movie was released, I connected the Internet to show my grandmother. I think the hot reaction to'Seungri-ho' is because it is a painting I have never seen. The audience hates what they see... I felt,'Oh, if a space movie comes out in Korea, it looks like this.' It was good not to follow foreign, but to have our emotions and to talk about humanity beyond family love. Oh, and it's a space movie, and seeing the reaction that acting in Korean is amazing, I thought,'Ah, I only saw English only.' It would have been a shock to foreign audiences.

Q.'Captain Jang' is a female badass (Badass, an English-American slang word that refers to a character or character with his or her own beliefs), which is rare in Korean movies, and has been particularly well received by female audiences. same. I wonder if there was a part where you made efforts to build a character image or if there was a part that you insisted on wanting to take this image.

A. Captain Jang is a layer, that is, a person with many layers. He's a very complicated person. So I thought a lot about how to show all these layers. Rather than confining them by saying'My character can't do this' and'I won't say this,' I was much more open minded. Personally, I wanted to show Captain Jang's deeper image and layered image, but there is a bit of regret as an actor. Nevertheless, I am satisfied that Captain Jang's character seems to be well seen in the movie.

0000268212_003_20210222174518185.jpg?type=w430

Q. In the meantime, you have appeared in works ('Lady', '1987','Seungri-ho', etc.) that stand out with ensembles with other actors rather than one-top starring. Is there a reason you particularly prefer multicasting movies?

A. When asked why'Seungri-ho' was attracted, he answered that he was attracted because it was a team player. I was attracted to not only playing Captain Jang alone, but also to be a team of 5 members including Kkot-nim.

Q. After the release of'Seungri-ho', how do you feel when you are getting a good response at home and abroad? What if there was a memorable review or review?

A. When it was said that it was released on Netflix, I wasn't expecting this kind of reaction. Directly contacted a friend in London and said, "Good job! Captain Zhang!" But... it was amazing. Also, getting movie reviews in English. It wasn't embarrassing to show it to people abroad, and I'm proud to follow Hollywood as well as to taste our taste. I am thrilled.

Q. Captain Jang says, "Get out of the way, these incompetent things" and appear with full weight. However, if you look at it, it can be seen that there is no particularly impressive activity for two hours other than gathering the incompetent things together. Was there any point of concern between character and story?

A. It is a convincing criticism. I felt great charm in'Seungri-ho' running out with simplicity and power. Captain Jang is also a person who is simple on the outside but warm on the inside. However, when I went to the scene and commanded in the spacecraft, I felt that Captain Jang was a more complicated person than I thought and that there were many layers. I wondered how to show all this. When I saw the finished movie, I felt,'Ah, there is such a part as a genre movie.' Is there something I need to match the atmosphere? Rather than going deep into my character and trapping'I can't do this', I had to work with a much more open mind.
Spoiler

0000268212_004_20210222174518194.jpg?type=w430

It would have been possible to show Captain Jang's deeper image and layers in a more cute and exciting cartoon style. In that respect, there is an actor's regret. Nevertheless, I am satisfied that Captain Jang, whom I analyzed and felt, showed well in the movie. There are not only Captain Jang but also the warriors of the characters. There was a specific warrior about his life before he came to space, but it was unfortunate that he said a few words. However, the director made a choice and focused, and in the story, I think the characters also kept their own proper lines.

Q. Director Jo Sung-hee said that when he met Kim Tae-ri, an actor and human being, he got the impression of a'big person'. What part of yourself do you think made such an impression on Director Cho Sung-hee?

A. I have no idea (laughs) I want to ask the director. Perhaps I wanted to see the aspect of a'big person' from Captain Jang. The face doesn't look that way, but it looks like a very strong person... I think I'm such a person and cast it.

Q. In the appearance of Captain Jang in'Seungri-ho', there was also a picture that was not seen by actor Kim Tae-ri. The bold sunglasses looked like they would appear in a Hong Kong movie. Did your personal ideas go into the unconventional look?

A. Almost everything came from the director's head. Before casting, there was a picture drawn by the director. Sunglasses, guns, print shirts, taser guns, etc... But he said, "Do whatever you are comfortable with Terry. So, among the hair styles I've done so far, I chose this one because it would suit Captain Jang best, and it was a little dirty and unmanaged. Because it is a spaceship, water is precious.
Spoiler

0000268212_005_20210222174518203.jpg?type=w430

Q. The filming of'Seungri-ho' is largely divided into the interior and exterior of the spacecraft. As such, it would have been very important to show the acting according to the movement of Seung-ho. It seems that the work of filling the gap between the two spaces has never been easy. How was it?

A. At the back, when Captain Jang asked everyone for help with the emergency microphone, the sound and vibration was loud as I filmed inside the set. I received too much help from Set while acting. It would have been awkward to do it only with the body, but it seems that it was easy to immerse in the actual space.

Q. Captain Jang's character is three-dimensional when it comes to good character, and when it comes to circumstantial words, there were reviews from the audience.

A. If Seung-ho was a pistol, Captain Jang thought it was a trigger. Captain Jang is a person who knows how to look beyond that when everyone is saying'what to do' with the situation in front of him. From the beginning to the end, I thought that I was a person who was there with one tenacity and one definition among the people who change through various situations. That is, someone with a cause. So, wasn't it someone who could be a captain? Why is this person a captain, why does he carry a self-destruction device in his mouth?
Spoiler

0000268212_006_20210222174518210.jpg?type=w430

Q. In past interviews, when conceiving a character, you said that you are looking for a character inside your own treasure chest. When creating the characters of '1987' and'Mr. Sunshine', I remember saying that I ran into a limit. I wonder if Captain Jang's figure was also found in his treasure chest. If not, I am curious about how this character was created.

A. I think I looked for a lot of people after wearing the character's clothes at the scene. As it was science fiction, there was a part where it was difficult to create a character using only the scenario. I sat where I used it, touched things, and adapted. There is always a cliché-like figure in me, but if you are a captain and have leadership, you have to do this... I thought about what to do to get out of that fragmentary image.

Q. I have played a character with character in the meantime, but it wasn't clear to this extent. Really, I think I've digested it with the pretense. I want to know if there were any difficulties in painting other resolutions. In addition, I am curious if this acting helped Choi Dong-hoon's new film'The Alien'.

A. It was harder than I thought, and it wasn't just exciting to do. Because three-dimensional characterization was important. Captain Jang's personality and my personality are very different. So I got a lot of help from my seniors. In the field, not only my seniors, but also the staff called me Captain Jang and helped me to create the character. There is nothing that can be said about'aliens'. If you talk, you will be sued (laughs).
Spoiler

0000268212_007_20210222174518222.jpg?type=w430

Q. I have various experiences, such as being a master's work, appearing in a movie with a large message, but appearing in a movie of a scale seems to have been a great experience in my career. What kind of movie do you think'Seungri-ho' will remain for you?

A.(Song) I was surprised to see Jung-gi's brother doing it in the field. While playing'Seungri-ho', I also seem to have an open eye around me. If I had been running only looking ahead, would I have to look around more? Wasn't we the first again? All the staff did the challenging work. I felt strongly that I was making a movie together.

Q. When Tae-ri Kim acts, it seems that Tae-ri Kim's special personality and vitality are added to the character. However, due to the high expectations of the public, it is likely that a sense of challenge and a sense of burden will arise as the filmography builds up. I am curious about how you find your way and gain strength.

A. It is not a computational approach. Because the company (affiliated company) is working hard on the calculation. I am doing whatever my heart wants. I'm not saying to be humble.
Spoiler

0000268212_008_20210222174518234.jpg?type=w430

Q. You were selected as the No. 1 female actress in 2021 held by Cine21 last December. Experts who participated in the survey predicted that the generational change of actors would be particularly prominent among female actors, and their rankings seem to reflect those predictions. I wonder if the industry is actually feeling these expectations, and what kind of changes you think are happening around you.

A. There seems to be no significant change. In conjunction with what I felt at the scene of'Seungri-ho', I feel more comfortable personally and warmer in dealing with people. In this way, I feel like I'm getting along with more and more'relationships'.

Q. I've felt it since the movie'Girl', but Kim Tae-ri seems to have a sense of dignity from the depths of Danjeon. Captain Jang seems to have shined even more in that respect. I am curious about where Tae-ri Kim's dignity and self-esteem come from.

A. Well... Speaking of the source of dignity, I have been self-sufficient since I was a child. There is also great pride in it. Perhaps'I was raised alone!' Wouldn't it be the pride that comes from there?

Source:http://www.kukinews.com/newsView/kuk202102220407

[Cookie Interview] Kim Tae-ri “Love myself, I think the most important thing”

Cookie News | 2021-02-23 06:05:01
spacer.pngPhoto = actor Kim Tae-ri. Netflix

[Cookie News] Reporter Lee Jun-beom = “'Seungri-ho'? It's my fourth feature film.” 

A peculiar loud laughter came through the earphones. Actor Tae Ri-sik Kim describes the movie ‘Girl’ (director Park Chan-wook) as his first feature film and 1987’ (director Jang Jun-hwan) as his second feature film.The movie'Seungriho', which was released on Netflix on the 5th, was unquestionably called as Kim Tae-ri's'fourth feature film'. 

Kim Tae-ri, who recently met through a video interview, told a story when she first saw Captain Jang, who played in'Seungri-ho,' as a scenario. To him that Captain Jang is not drawn with his face, Director Cho Sung-hee told a story that he wanted to escape the typical'captain'. Instead of the captain who shows the charisma who leads everyone, he believed in the director that he would be able to show another captain of only Kim Tae-ri and decided to appear.

“When I tried to play Captain Jang, it was a much more complicated character than I thought. As I was thinking about how to show that complicated character, I came out as a little heavy. I thought Captain Jang was a person who had his own beliefs and wasn't easily wielded. I felt like I was a captain because I was a person who saw the forest, not the trees. Actually, Captain Jang is a complete elite. I thought a lot about how to show a human being who breathes and lives together in a family-like ship. As I watched the movie, I was regretted what it would have been like if Captain Jang had gone further. It could be a cartoon-like expression, but I thought it would be nice to show a lively appearance.”
  spacer.pngMovie'Seungriho' still cut
'Seungri-ho' has garnered attention with high-quality CG from the time it was released. Now, it gave me hope that I could shoot realistic space movies in Korea. Tae-ri Kim said that he took the set and chroma key shooting in parallel. It was the first challenge for both him and everyone, so we were able to make it together. 

“The ship, where four crew members are active a lot, was built as a set. I got a lot of help because it was a place where buttons were pressed and a lot was done right as if it actually worked. But there was a chroma key shoot. I had to shoot at an invisible enemy, and those scenes had difficult parts.However, it was the first time that everyone as well as me was acting and challenging, so I made it while feeling comforted. I was shameless.” 

“At the beginning of the movie, I said,'Get out of the way, you incompetent ones. There is a scene that says,'That's mine.' The scene was only spoken on board, and it was mostly CG. It was the first time I saw it in a movie. It was so good. It was much better than I thought. Now (even in Korea), I felt that there would be no stories that couldn't be made, and there would be no stories that I couldn't make.” 

Tae-ri Kim, who continued his interview more confidently than anyone else, chose'dignity' as the point he wanted to resemble with Captain Jang. “What are you talking about? “I think you're going to do it,” he said. “I'm confident on the outside, but I'm sure that I went home and talked about it today, saying,'Oh, why are you talking like this?'" He says, “I have a weak mentality,” as an actor, but he said that the filming of'Seungri-ho' changed a lot.
  spacer.pngPhoto = actor Kim Tae-ri. Netflix

“I filmed'Seungri-ho' with great pressure and tension. After filming the movie, I thought a lot about'Let's take a good look around' and'Let's think of people who love me.' When I opened my eyes like that, the words of those who really loved, supported, and cared for me were delivered to my fingertips. It could be said that the heart was enriched in the field. I think I was able to get rid of a lot of pressure and tension. My mind is more comfortable than before. It didn't happen because I grew up, but I think now is such a prosperous time. I don't know when this time will come again.” 

Kim Tae-ri talked a lot about people in interviews. His beliefs about the colleagues he was filming with, worries about human relations, and influence on good people were embedded in his words. She smiled brightly and said, “I love the human costume. Luck broke out. I think I was able to act in a good environment without having to make any effort to meet a good person.”Just as Captain Jang has a strong conviction, he also told us what the conviction Kim Tae-ri has. 

“I think loving myself is the most important thing. I want to love the people around me, and I want to be a person who can share love with people I don't know. As an actor Tae-ri Kim and as a person Tae-ri Kim.” 

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000892694https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000892694

Behind the scenes of Tae-ri Kim is also lovely

0000892694_001_20210224103827347.jpg?type=w430

0000892694_002_20210224103827387.jpg?type=w430

0000892694_003_20210224103827429.jpg?type=w430

Behind the scenes of

Kim Tae-ri, lovely Kim Tae-ri transformed into a'goddess of spring'.

A behind-the-scenes cut containing the photo shoot site of actor Kim Tae-ri, who aroused hot interest with a fresh pictorial calling for spring while decorating the cover of the March issue of fashion magazine'Marie Claire', is captivating the attention of viewers.

In the released photo, Kim Tae-ri doubled her girlish charm by perfecting her pink and white dress with frill details and see-through blouse in beige tone. In particular, her long hair hairstyle and natural waves and pigtails make her lovely atmosphere stand out.

In addition, Kim Tae-ri's vivid and colorful expressions harmonized with flowers convey a different feeling in every cut, and B-cuts that are as good as pictorials are admiring. Even in the actual scene, she overwhelmed the atmosphere with her eyes, such as a playful cute smile as well as a strong expression in the tenderness, and showed the back door of a pictorial craftsman without any addition or subtraction.

On the other hand, Kim Tae-ri's pictorial cut and interview can be found in the March issue of'Marie Claire'

Spoiler

MARIE CLAIRE 2021 ISSUE B CUT

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=30736217&memberNo=2127174

Edited by Berou
Please post 3 images, the rest should be hidden under the spoiler tag

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004358632?lfrom=twitter

[Exclusive] Song Joong-ki → Kim Tae-ri'Seungri-ho' will be remake of Hollywood in the US Popularity UP

Input 2021.02.24. 6:02 pm

0004358632_001_20210224180346851.jpg?type=w430

[OSEN=Reporter Kim Bo-ra] The movie'Seungri-ho', which was released to the world through Netflix, is scheduled to be remade to the Hollywood version of the United States.

As a result of the OSEN interview on the 24th, a film production company in the United States requested the purchase of the copyright for the movie'Seungri-ho' (director Cho Sung-hee, production film company Silken-gil) and is pushing for a remake.

According to movie officials, many Hollywood production companies have decided to remake the story, characters and VFX of'Seungri-ho' made in Korea. 

0004358632_002_20210224180346872.jpg?type=w430

In particular, it is said that he has evaluated that his ability is not lagging behind in terms of VFX even when compared to Hollywood-produced space movies. 'Seungri-ho' was commanded by 1,000 domestic VFX experts and VFX supervisor Jeong Seong-jin to show his ability to keep up with Hollywood works. 

In addition to the VFX work, I put a lot of effort into making the scenes naturally match the acting of actors such as Song Joong-ki, Kim Tae-ri, Jin Sun-kyu, and Hae-Jin Hae Jin. 

0004358632_003_20210224180346881.jpg?type=w430

'Seungri-ho', which was introduced through Netflix on the 5th of this month, received high attention, ranking first in 28 countries including Asian countries such as Korea and Hong Kong, and European countries such as Finland, Denmark and Belgium. It has maintained the top ranking for nearly a month.

'Seungri-ho', the first screenplay by director Cho Sung-hee in 2009, produced hits such as the movie'The Pursuit' (2008)'The Operation' (2009)'The Wolf Boy' (2012) and'Bad Guys: The Movie' (2019). It was produced solely by a film company, Silkil (CEO Kim Soo-jin), and started in earnest with the investment of Yoo Jeong-hoon, the current distributor, who is leading Merry Christmas. 

Interest is focused on what actors will appear in the remake of the American version of'Seungriho'.

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/469/0000583685

"Fresh Charm", movies featuring new female characters

0000583685_001_20210226094750788.jpg?type=w430

The movies'Perfect Care' and'Seungri-ho' are attracting attention as movies that portray female characters from a new perspective

'Seungriho', which was released on Netflix earlier this month, tells the story of the crew of the space garbage sweeper Seungri in 2092, after discovering Dorothy, a humanoid robot known as a weapon of mass destruction, and jumping into a dangerous trade.

What the two works have in common is that the existing films deviated from the way of portraying female characters and portrayed fresh and attractive characters. While many movies mainly featured passive female characters,'Perfect Care' and'Seungriho' portrayed female characters more subjectively and actively

First, Captain Jang, played by actor Kim Tae-ri in'Seungriho', plays an active part as the leader of Seungho, who quickly secures and disposes space waste. By assigning the role of captain, it secured subjectivity, and showed an active figure with charisma that leads the crew in every moment of crisis. In particular, the fact that it is not consumed as a character for romance is also considered as a factor that differentiates Captain Jang from previous female characters. 

Source:https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/02/space-sweepers-reportedly-preparing-to-produce-a-sequel

'Space Sweepers' reportedly preparing to produce a sequel

1614360468-image.png

According to news reports, the hit Netflix film 'Space Sweepers' is preparing a sequel.

Oh My News reported on February 24 that the production team of 'Space Sweepers' and a few actors are in discussion about the follow-up film.

An official of 'Space Sweepers' told the news media outlet, "We're not in talks of the details, but we are preparing a sequel and are looking to release the film in China as well."

'Space Sweepers' is Korea's first SF film that director Cho Sung Hee, who directed 'Wolf Boy,' has envisioned and prepared for ten years. It depicts the story of crew members of the 2092 space junk cleaner jumping into a dangerous ordeal.

It was originally scheduled to be released last summer, but it was released on Netflix in February due to the COVID19 pandemic.

'Space Sweepers' is currently on the rise, topping Netflix's world ranking a day after its release.

Source:https://www.techm.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=80854

Seung-ho sequel coming out... Under review in various forms such as seasonal dramas

/ Photo = movie'Seungriho'
/ Photo = movie'Seungriho'

Discussions are underway on the production of the sequel to the Korean sci-fi movie'Seungri-ho,' which has received impressive reviews from movie fans around the world through Netflix. Seung-ho was a movie, but it was confirmed that various options such as seasonal and drama are being reviewed for the sequel.

According to an official of the revenge Seung-ho on the 28th, discussions about the sequel to'Seungri-ho' are in progress over a variety of options such as the season system and drama. An official from Seung-ho said, "Since Seungri has its own story power, we have no choice but to consider scalability." Said.

He said, "The sequel will not end at the same time, but there is room for expansion such as the season system." However, he said, "Because all possibilities are open and under review, we are still cautious to tell us a definitive and concrete production plan.

Another official also said that the sequel to Seungri is being discussed. He said, "Since there are various situations and companies involved in the content planning and development, we are in the process of collecting opinions." "I will do it."

Meanwhile,'Seungri-ho', which was released on Netflix on the 5th, is a movie about the story of the crew of the space garbage cleaner Seung-ho in 2092 discovering Dorothy, a humanoid robot known as a weapon of mass destruction, and then jumping into a dangerous trade. After being released to the world, it gained attention as it ranked first in the Netflix global streaming rankings within a day.