[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: BLACKPINK’s Jisoo And Jung Hae In Begin An Emotional Love Story In “Snowdrop” Teaser

Oct 14, 2021

by D. Kim

The first teaser has been released for “Snowdrop”!

Set in 1987 Seoul, the upcoming JTBC drama tells the emotional love story of university students Su Ho and Young Ro. Jung Hae In plays elite university student Su Ho, who suddenly appears at a women’s university dorm in a bloody state one day, while BLACKPINK’s Jisoo is Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds while facing danger under close surveillance.

The teaser begins by giving a glimpse of the setting, Hosu Women’s University, and shows Su Ho riding a bike through the lightly falling snow. He emotionally says in a voiceover, “I’m sorry. It’s because of me.” The clip then teases heart-fluttering scenes as Su Ho and Young Ro overlap their hands and also run into each other. The teaser ends with Young Ro’s voice saying, “I miss you. I wish I could see you just once,” and she is seen grasping Su Ho’s sleeve.

“Snowdrop” is created by writer Yoo Hyun Mi and director Jo Hyun Tak, who previously worked together on the hit drama “SKY Castle.” Other cast members include Yoo In Na, Jang Seung Jo, Yoon Se Ah, Kim Hye Yoon, and Jung Yoo Jin. The drama is scheduled to premiere in December.

Check out the teaser:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1493448wpp/watch-blackpinks-jisoo-and-jung-hae-in-begin-an-emotional-love-story-in-snowdrop-teaser

• Like 3

Teaser drop.  That Endless Love feels / like Winter Sonata tone to it. Looking forward to to this drama from writer and director tandem of Sky Castle. Wonderful cast. Jang Seung Jo, Yoon Se Ah Yoo In Na, Kim Hye Yoon, Jung Yoo Jin

Yeah. I'm thinking like Endless Love vibe..

And this It's not on Netflix but on Disney+  So yeah... another subscription.  Kdrama taking over US network smth.  the more (apps) the merrier!

• Like 1

Can't wait for this! Excited to see Ji Soo in another show. I've only seen her on music videos and her cameo with Sandara Park and Kang Seung Yoon in "Producers" so it'll be nice to see her in a mini-series drama. 

I'm quite delighted that she'll be paired with Jung Hae In, too.

Should we prepare Kleenex for this? Haha! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fact is, I've never seen the leads in any drama.  Let's see how they are as actors

I'm looking forward to seeing  Jang Seung Jo. Yoon Seh Ah Yoo In Na

I like the writer and director tander  same folks who did Sky Castle.

The  plot itruiges me. It's a period drama.

Premier in December.

Disney Plus Korea interview with Jung Haein, and Ji Soo.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jung Hae In and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo’s “Snowdrop” has unveiled its premiere date and a new poster!

Set in 1987 Seoul, the upcoming JTBC drama tells the emotional love story of university students Su Ho and Young Ro. Jung Hae In plays elite university student Su Ho, who suddenly appears at a women’s university dorm in a bloody state one day, while Jisoo is Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds while facing danger under close surveillance.

The new poster revealed on November 9 features Su Ho and Young Ro sitting together under the warm sunlight. Su Ho looks off into the distance while Young Ro gazes at him with loving eyes. The poster captures the youthful beginning of their relationship as their faces show hints of excitement. A snowdrop flower in the foreground has its stem going right between the pair and adds a romantic atmosphere to the image. But at the same time, the way Su Ho doesn’t meet Young Ro’s gaze indicates some tension, which is only amplified by the text that reads, “Must not get caught. Both love and fate.”

snowdrop.jpeg

“Snowdrop” is created by writer Yoo Hyun Mi and director Jo Hyun Tak, who previously worked together on the hit drama “SKY Castle.” Other cast members include Yoo In NaJang Seung JoYoon Se AhKim Hye Yoon, and Jung Yoo Jin. The drama has announced that it will premiere on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1497570wpp/blackpinks-jisoo-and-jung-hae-ins-snowdrop-announces-premiere-date-with-new-teaser-poster

• Like 2

• gm4queen changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Snowdrop, 설강화 - BLACKPINK'S Ji Soo, Jung Hae In, Kim Hye Yoon, Yoo In Na & Jang Seung Jo - Premieres on December 18

Haein and Jisoo X Harper's Bazaar December

What if Jung Hae-in and Ji-soo meet? 

They met through the drama <Snowdrop>. 

BY BAZAAR 2021.11.12

Bazaar' released a pictorial of Jung Hae-in and Jisoo.   
Harper's Bazaar Korea

Harper's Bazaar Korea

In the drama <Snowdrop>, the two who worked together as lovers who share a desperate love showed perfect breathing in this lyrical mood pictorial, and the praise of the staff did not stop.  

Harper's Bazaar Korea

Harper's Bazaar Korea

In an interview following the photo shoot, Jung Hae-in said, "The biggest reason for choosing this work was the writing. There was the power of writing, the power of story, and the infinite trust in the writer and director.”  
Regarding the secret to being able to concentrate on the work while working with Black Pink, Jisoo said, "Youngro and Jisoo live in very different worlds, so there was no confusion. In addition, from the moment I arrived at the drama set, everyone treated me as Youngro, not Jisoo. Thanks to that, I was able to fully focus on Youngro, so I was very grateful to the staff.”  

Harper's Bazaar Korea

Harper's Bazaar Korea

Both of them expressed their anticipation about their feelings ahead of the first broadcast. Jung Hae-in said, ‘Snowdrop’ is the work that hit the wall the most acting. That much, I relied on each and every staff member as well as the director and Jisoo. And that's how I felt Again, there is nothing you can do alone. So I think I will watch the first broadcast with more trembling than ever before.” Jisoo said, “The members said they would definitely watch the live broadcast. Even during filming, they contacted me so often, so they always supported me. The members were so curious, so I got stronger and worked harder." I want to see you alone at home, but I don't know how. I think I can barely see through the tiny gap between my fingers with my eyes closed.”  

Spoiler

Harper's Bazaar Korea

Harper's Bazaar Korea

Jung Hae-in and Jisoo's pictorial and interview can be found in the December issue of 'Harper's Bazaar'. 

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: BLACKPINK’s Jisoo And Jung Hae In Lock Eyes In Romantic Teaser For “Snowdrop”

Nov 12, 2021

by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Snowdrop” has shared a sneak peek of the chemistry between its leads!

“Snowdrop,” a new series helmed by the director and writer of JTBC’s smash hit “SKY Castle,” is set in Seoul in 1987. The drama will tell the love story of Su Ho, a student at a prestigious university who suddenly rushes into a women’s university dorm covered in blood one day (played by Jung Hae In), and Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds even while facing danger under close surveillance (played by BLACKPINK’s Jisoo).

The newly released “music prologue” teaser features Su Ho and Young Ro seconds away from touching hands—while the background music (Yoo Jae Ha’s 1987 hit “Past Days”) transports viewers back to that moment in time decades ago.

“Snowdrop” will premiere on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1498188wpp/watch-blackpinks-jisoo-and-jung-hae-in-lock-eyes-in-romantic-teaser-for-snowdrop

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

In a recent interview and pictorial for Harper’s Bazaar magazine, BLACKPINK’s Jisoo and Jung Hae In dished on their upcoming drama “Snowdrop”!

“Snowdrop,” which will be helmed by the director and writer of the smash hit “SKY Castle,” is a new JTBC romance drama set in 1987.

Jung Hae In will star as Su Ho, a student at a prestigious university who suddenly rushes into a women’s university dorm covered in blood one day, while Jisoo will star as Young Ro, a student at the women’s university who hides him and takes care of his wounds even while facing danger under close surveillance.

Spoiler

Jung-Hae-In-Jisoo-2.jpg

When asked why he had chosen the drama for his next project, Jung Hae In replied, “The biggest reason was the writing. The strength of the writing, the strength of the story, and my infinite trust in the writer and director.”

As for whether Jisoo ever felt any whiplash when switching back and forth between BLACKPINK promotions and filming for “Snowdrop,” she revealed, “Because the worlds that Young Ro and Jisoo live in are so completely different from one another, I actually didn’t find myself getting confused.”

“On top of that, from the moment that I arrived on the filming set, everyone treated me like Young Ro instead of Jisoo,” she continued. “Thanks to them, I was able to completely focus on being Young Ro, so I was really grateful to the staff.”

Jisoo.jpg

Spoiler

Jisoo-2.jpg

Jung Hae In also opened up about some of the difficulties he faced while filming the drama.

“‘Snowdrop’ is the project during which I found myself running into the most walls in terms of my acting,” he shared. “Because of that, I relied even more on not only the director and Jisoo, but also each and every member of the production staff. During that process, I realized that there truly is nothing that you can do entirely on your own. So I think I’ll be more nervous than ever before as I watch the first episode air.”

Meanwhile, Jisoo spoke about how her bandmates had given her strength during filming.

“The other BLACKPINK members promised that no matter what, they would watch the drama when it airs on TV,” said Jisoo. “Even when I was filming, because we contact each other so often, they were always cheering me on. Because the members were so curious [about the drama], I found myself gaining strength and working even harder.”

Finally, when asked with whom she’d be watching the premiere of “Snowdrop” when it aired, Jisoo jokingly replied, “I don’t have the confidence to watch the premiere with anyone. I want to watch it by myself at home, but I don’t know what will end up happening. I think I may end up covering my eyes with my hands and watching through the tiny gap between my fingers.”

Jung-Hae-In.jpg

Spoiler

Jung-Hae-In-2.jpg

“Snowdrop” will premiere on December 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1498211wpp/blackpinks-jisoo-and-jung-hae-in-open-up-about-their-drama-snowdrop-feeling-nervous-for-the-premiere

• Like 3

2nd teaser for <Seolganghwa: Snowdrop> Music Prologue “Because I Love You” is up on Naver (below link) 

The Full ver. will be released on Dec 18 Saturday 10:30pm KST :)

http://naver.me/FR1gB1QK

‘Seolganghwa’ Jung Hae-in X Ji-soo releases a teaser video for a trembling romantic moment!

2021.11.13. 10:18 am

0000280747_001_20211113101805292.jpg?type=w430view original

Expectations for the winter romance that Jung Hae-in and Ji-soo of JTBC's 'Snowdrop' (hereinafter 'Solganghwa') will present are rising. 

JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Snowdrop: Snowdrop' (played by Hyun-mi Yoo/directed by Hyun-tak Cho/produced by Drama House Studio, JTBC Studio) is trembling as if holding hands between Su-ho (Jung Hae-in) and Yeong-ro (Ji-soo) sitting side by side by the window. A teaser video was released. 

As Yoo Jae-ha's 'Because I Love You' is playing on the radio, a subtle air current flows in the space where they are alone, and Suho and Young-ro are conscious of each other and close their eyes in a thrilling tension. Also, Suho and Youngro dancing together at a party, and Yeongro, who built up a tower with matchsticks and collapsed, and Suho, who was trying to stop them, pass by the scene, raising expectations for the romance that will unfold between them. 

However, as the two slowly approach each other, a DJ's voice comes out from the radio saying, "Oh my God, don't do that, just confess. It's embarrassing, but if it's not now, there may be no chance again..." As if in a panic, Suho picks up the radio and tries to change the frequency to another place, and Youngro doesn't know what to do, and he smiles as he looks at the snowball next to him. 

The words on the radio saying, "That person might be the most precious gift in my life," and the appearance of the snowball with the white blossoms of 'Seolganghwa' make even viewers fall in love with the two people's romance.

'Seolganghwa' is a drama about a desperate love story that goes against the times of Suho, a prestigious university student who suddenly jumped into a dormitory at a women's university in Seoul in 1987, and Yeongro, a female college student who hid and healed him even in the midst of surveillance and crisis. JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Snowdrop: Snowdrop' will be broadcasted for the first time at 10:30 pm on Saturday, December 18. 

(JTBC Mobile Operation Team) 
(Photo courtesy of Drama House Studio, JTBC Studio)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/437/0000280747?lfrom=twitter

• Like 1

[ Snowdrop Casts Greetings ]

211112 | Disney + Launch Greetings

Some of the Snowdrop casts sent a message to Disney + for the channel's launching day.

Yoo Inna : "As a Disney fan, I am very excited ".

spacer.png

Yoo In-na

Yoo In Na with long black hair with bangs for her role in  JTBC drama Snowdrop " on December 18, 2021. Her role is a surgeon named Dra. Kang Chung Ya on Disney +

©  @disneypluskr

VVcKnyN.gif

Yoo In-na

spacer.png

Yoo In-na 

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Other comments said that when they saw Yoo In-na in the Disney + greetings of the casts of Snowdrop, it was the first time they saw Yoo In-na with long black hair and bangs. It seems that because of her role in the Snowdrop drama, she had to make her brown hair black.

• Like 2

[ Snowdrop Casts ]

211112 | Disney + Launch Event  Greetings

spacer.png

Jung Hae In, Jisoo, Yoo In-na, Yoon Se Ah and Jang Seung Jo 

"The moment that we all have been waiting for. We can finally see Disney+ in Korea." - Haein

"I congratulate Disney+ on it's
launch in Korea from the bottom of my heart." - Jisoo

spacer.png

Yoo In-na 

"As a Disney+ fan, I'm very excited about it (it flutters her heart)" - Yoo In Na

"We ask for your interest and support!" - Yoon Se Ah

"Let's meet in Disney+
Thank you!" - Jang Seung Jo

©  @disneypluskr

-----------------------

spacer.png

Yoo In-na 

(photo ctto: )

Yoo In-na has returned to her former brown hair color after the taping of the Snowdrop drama. Maybe all the hair of the Snowdrop casts really had to be black because it was a period drama. But if I had to choose, Yoo In-with the brown hair color would really matter.

• Like 1