Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

An update on Moving. It sounds like they have changed out the director after some disagreements in what direction they'd take. Mo Wan Il (World of the Married) is out, and Park In Je (Kingdom 2) is in. JTBC is still doing it, with NEW. They have not set an airing schedule yet as of today's news, but they are hoping to start production later this year so that it can air early next year. (That sounds so far away!) The production budget is 50 billion won. 

Moving is based on the popular webtoon by Kang Pul, about some high school students and their parents, all of whom have superpowers that they are trying to keep quiet (until, of course, they can't...) The series itself is linked to two other series, Timing (which precedes it ) and Bridge (which follows it), so according to the articles, there could be possible spinoffs. 

246050-65803-1140.jpg

600.jpg

Above images are from the webtoon; information from the following two articles: 

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202102030100016140000881&servicedate=20210202

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=402806

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yea..it will be a long time before we could watch Moving.  But it’s good that we have The sun does not move and Pirates 2 coming up to feed us first. 

If there is spinoff, I hope they will change the high schooler to an elementary kid.  It’s hard for me to imagine HJ being a mom with a high schooler. I have to admit I’m not quite ready to see her playing a role as an ajumma yet, lol.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sweetsummer said:

If there is spinoff, I hope they will change the high schooler to an elementary kid.  It’s hard for me to imagine HJ being a mom with a high schooler. I have to admit I’m not quite ready to see her playing a role as an ajumma yet, lol.  

Same, and I've seen quite a few people in Korea be a bit confused about the casting vs ages as well. The other two guys can NOT play high school students, so you assume that they are all the parent generation. But HJ is too young to play the mom of a high schooler! However, the manhwa does flash back a lot to when the parent generation was younger. I think they could possibly adapt it so that the kids are younger, making the parent age not so far off. Elementary school, I could see. OR they could adapt it so that it is more the parents' story, and only age them up at the end or something? I dunno. I read the manwha and I still can see a variety of ways to present it. I can see how the action would appeal to HJ, it's a bit like Treadstone, actually. But the age is the thing that doesn't quite match up, so it will be interesting to see what they do with that.

• Like 2

But it’s just so weird to see all the articles tagging the casts names when we have yet to see any confirmation about it.. 

Anyway I really hope she confirms it soon cuz I can’t wait to see her :partyblob:

Spoiler

or maybe Ryu Hojin PD should just invite her to his new variety with her rumoured casts (Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung) :hwaiting2:

• Like 3

She totally needs to end up on a variety show somewhere. I keep waiting on Running Man, cause she has the Kwang Soo connection again, this time with Pirates. But hey, the other one would work, too. She's been gone from Korean screens for a long time. We need to get her back in people's minds. 

Yeah, @adeleyam, that thought has crossed my mind, too. It's a little odd, no? No one in the cast has confirmed, and yet they are throwing around some seriously big money (50 billion won??) and talking about platforms to air it on. I know there was that other project that came HJ's way that she turned down because it would conflict with Moving. So it seems that Moving is still a green light. But it also feels like there is so much up in the air still. And it's so far away. You could almost do a whole other project between now and then, you know? Especially since promo for both of her films probably will involve fewer in-person events than in a normal year, thanks to covid. 

• Like 2

<21.02.02> #thesundoesnotmove new still cut, #hanhyojoo The movie will be released in japan march 5, 2021 & in taiwan march 19, 2021  - in the spoiler below cr hanhyojooforum

Spoiler

cr hanhyojooforum

Elegant Hyo Joo-ssi at 41st Blue Dragon Awards 

More photos of Hyo Joo-ssi at 41st Blue Dragon Awards 

Spoiler

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sweetsummer said:

Wow! Good day today… seeing her in this kind of formal event.  It's been a while...  

Btw, are they already promoting "Moving"? lol

Not really, it shows up in the news every so often in stories about the director changing, a large budget, etc. There's interest from drama watchers but not really a lot of movement from the production side. So far, none of the cast has officially confirmed (I assume they will? HJ at least turned down something else in favor of Moving), and the timing is not definite, either. I saw one report that suggested they might start filming at the end of 2021, but I am not inclined to believe anything as set in stone at this point. 

When HJ went on stage to present the awards at Blue Dragon, though, she did mention that she spent last year filming Pirates. And that IS something we definitely have that we can look forward to this year. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Not really, it shows up in the news every so often in stories about the director changing, a large budget, etc. There's interest from drama watchers but not really a lot of movement from the production side. So far, none of the cast has officially confirmed (I assume they will? HJ at least turned down something else in favor of Moving), and the timing is not definite, either. I saw one report that suggested they might start filming at the end of 2021, but I am not inclined to believe anything as set in stone at this point. 

When HJ went on stage to present the awards at Blue Dragon, though, she did mention that she spent last year filming Pirates. And that IS something we definitely have that we can look forward to this year. 

Oh my bad, I mistook Jung Woo Sung as Jo In Sung.  They look so alike to me.:sweatingbullets: I thought HJ was presenting with Jo In Sung at first glance and that reminds me of Moving. :)  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

sjmao20210217180819_O_01_C_1.jpg

(source: https://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/202102/sp20210217180918136670.htm?s_ref=nv)

Yes, I do as well!

There have been a couple articles about Studio & New's 2021 lineup, and first off they mention Moving. There hasn't been any new information per se (they are still looking at a 50 billion won budget, still discussing where it will air including internationally, still listing their main cast as HJ and JIS), but the one thing they seem to be agreeing on is that it is part of the 2021 lineup. So hopefully later this year we'll get to see her in drama again. Oh, and the article did say that it would be 20 episodes long, so that is a bit longer than your standard drama. 

In closer news, does anyone know when the Japanese film will air in Korea? I am just wondering if she will do any promotion for that one (thinking about covid etc etc--but I'm just hoping to see something from her in connection with it.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, frozentundra said:

In closer news, does anyone know when the Japanese film will air in Korea? I am just wondering if she will do any promotion for that one (thinking about covid etc etc--but I'm just hoping to see something from her in connection with it.)

I only heard about the release date for Japan (Mar 5) and Taiwan (Mar 19), not knowing about the release date in Korea though, wonder why??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sweetsummer said:

I only heard about the release date for Japan (Mar 5) and Taiwan (Mar 19), not knowing about the release date in Korea though, wonder why??

Same, that's why I was asking. I haven't seen any mentions on Naver lately, either. But I would guess it will show in Korea as well?

• Like 1