larus

Watch: Shin Sung Rok And Lee Se Young Fight To Turn Back Time In “Kairos” Teaser

Oct 20, 2020
by C. Hong

The upcoming MBC drama “Kairos” has unveiled another teaser!

“Kairos” is a time-crossing fantasy thriller about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different pasts, they set out on a quest to save their missing loved ones.

The new teaser hints that the missing persons cases in “Kairos” might be darker than previously revealed. Shin Sung Rok says in voice-over, “Do you really think that they’re dead? I can turn back time.” Lee Se Young says to someone off-screen, “A few weeks from now, a child named Kim Da Bin will go missing and then be found murdered.”

Shin Sung Rok finds the present changing before his eyes as he gets help from Lee Se Young in the past. As he investigates a room covered with blood, it vanishes before his eyes into an ordinary home; as he is confronted by a group of unknown men, they fade into dust.

Meanwhile, Ahn Bo Hyun promises unwavering loyalty to Shin Sung Rok, his boss, while WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon is disturbed by his friend Lee Se Young’s fixation with this mysterious man from the future, shouting, “Who is he?”

New stills for the drama highlight Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri’s desperation. On one hand, Kim Seo Jin is lost in the rain as he waits for news of his missing daughter. Before she went missing, he had the perfect life as a successful businessman with a loving family. On the other hand, Han Ae Ri has to fight to survive every day as she works part-time jobs to pay for her mother’s surgery, only to find that she is too late.

lee-se-young-kairos.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1432615wpp/watch-shin-sung-rok-and-lee-se-young-fight-to-turn-back-time-in-kairos-teaser

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are prettyyyyy!!!! Please give me lots of happy scenes before any heartbreak show! :tears:

8 hours ago, celebrianna said:

For those who have Kocowa and Viki, Kocowa released a special episode 1 that is 13 minutes long. I just finished watching it and it’s very informative on the plot. The actors also briefly speak about their roles.

Awwww...I don't have both. I saw clips on twitter but I want to see the special episode too huhu

Poster

optimize

Kairos' unveiled a four-person poster with a sense of mystery.

On the 22nd, MBC's new Monday and Tuesday mini-series'Kairos' (screenplay Lee Soo-hyun/Director Park Seung-woo) released a poster with Shin Seong-rok, Lee Se-young, Ahn Bo-hyun, Nam Gyu-ri.

In the published poster, Shin Seong-rok, Lee Se-young, Ahn Bo-hyun, and Nam Gyu-ri are looking at different places, raising questions about their relationship. The four people showed off their longing eyes and contained characters with their own purpose.

In particular, the future man Shin Seong-rok looks back as if looking at the past, while Lee Se-young, the woman of the past, seems to be waiting for something to come, making it curious what the two people's'cross-time' cooperation will look like.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4095494

WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon Shares What To Look Forward To In Upcoming Drama “Kairos”

53fed77a3cc944e2ad98ad3f29c9e704.jpeg?s=

Oct 21, 2020
by J. K

WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon talked about his upcoming drama “Kairos”!

The show is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (played by Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Kang Seung Yoon has taken the role of Im Geon Wook, who is Han Ae Ri’s longtime best friend and someone who helps her work together with Kim Seo Jin. Lee Geon Wook lives with his grandmother, and he says that his heart was stolen by Han Ae Ri, who remains positive despite living in a similar situation. He’s a reliable friend who will come running whenever she needs anything.

kang-seung-yoon3.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1432961wpp/winners-kang-seung-yoon-shares-what-to-look-forward-to-in-upcoming-drama-kairos

Lee Se Young Gets A Troubling Phone Call While Hanging Out With WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon In “Kairos”

2b222abefb8a405a828df533cc902780.jpeg?s=

Oct 23, 2020
by E. Cha

MBC has shared an intriguing new sneak peek of its upcoming drama “Kairos”!

“Kairos” is a new “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (played by Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

In the drama, Kang Seung Yoon will be playing the role of Im Geon Wook, Han Ae Ri’s longtime best friend, who is always ready to rush to her aid. Despite their constant bickering, the loyal Im Geon Wook worries more about Han Ae Ri than anyone in her life and consistently takes good care of her.

On October 23, “Kairos” unveiled a new glimpse of what lies in store for the two close friends. In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Han Ae Ri is hanging out with her BFFs Im Geon Wook and Park Soo Jung (played by Lee Joo Myung), who have known her since their school days and are like family to her, when she suddenly receives an unexpected phone call.

Han Ae Ri is visibly shaken by what she hears on the other end of the line, piquing viewers’ curiosity about the mysterious interruption to the trio’s meal.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433259wpp/lee-se-young-gets-a-troubling-phone-call-while-hanging-out-with-winners-kang-seung-yoon-in-kairos

WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon Transforms Into Tough And Loyal Friend With Complicated Backstory In “Kairos”

a96c8cd71f98483e8e0f26dee0380d1f.jpeg?s=

Oct 23, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC has shared an intriguing new sneak peek of WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon’s character in “Kairos”!

The upcoming “time-crossing fantasy thriller” is about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (played by Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past -but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

In the drama, Kang Seung Yoon will be playing the role of Im Geon Wook, Han Ae Ri’s longtime best friend, who is always ready to rush to her aid. Despite their constant bickering, the loyal Im Geon Wook worries more about Han Ae Ri than anyone in her life and consistently takes good care of her.

On October 23, “Kairos” unveiled a new glimpse of Im Geon Wook. In one photo, he looks ready for an outing with friends in a light pink jacket, and his expression is relaxed as he talks comfortably with Han Ae Ri. However, in the other two photos, his expressions are solemn and grim. His face is covered with bruises and cuts, and he looks both worried and shocked as he converses with someone on the phone.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433309wpp/winners-kang-seung-yoon-transforms-into-tough-and-loyal-friend-with-complicated-backstory-in-kairos

Shin Seong-rok and Lee Se-young with the first episode script

340104002210.jpg

Shin Seong-rok and Lee Se-young draw attention by releasing a certification shot encouraging the first broadcast shooter of “Kairos”.

Shin Sung-rok and Lee Se-young of MBC's new mini-series “Kairos,” which will be aired for the first time on the afternoon of the 26th, raise expectations with attractive encouraging shots ahead of the first broadcast.

In the released photo, Shin Seong-rok and Lee Se-young holding the first script of “Kairos” are contained. Before the first broadcast on Monday, the 26th, he was smiling full of excitement, drawing the attention of prospective viewers.

Shin Seong-rok said of actor Lee Se-young, “I was happy to hear that she was cast. The two shared their affectionate feelings saying, “It’s very lucky to be acting together”

https://www.mbn.co.kr/news/entertain/4319794

Stills

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/photo/202010/78739_46961_737.jpg

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=78739

I hope their family will find happiness and peace after their daughter will be saved.

I63B3OTBHJUIVR6PSVWYUTRYBA.jpg

BTS

Shin Sung Rok with the script

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGt4WNCFi0w/

D1

Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, And Ahn Bo Hyun Share Reasons To Tune In To Their New Drama “Kairos”

101512b1a13d4b4f9fa79c6a39ea915e.jpeg?s=

Oct 25, 2020
by C. Hong

Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, and Ahn Bo Hyun shared why viewers should tune in to the premiere of their new MBC drama “Kairos”!

“Kairos” is a time-crossing fantasy thriller about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different pasts, they set out on a quest to save their missing loved ones.

Shin Sung Rok said, “When I read the script, it was so shocking that it felt like I’d been hit in the back of my head. Each episode unfolds in an unexpected way, which makes you more excited to see the ext episode.”

Lee Se Young said, “There will be a lot of thrills in seeing Ae Ri work with Seo Jin, who is a month ahead in the future, to solve their respective problems. A key point will be seeing how these different timelines provide different clues to the cases.”

Ahn Bo Hyun, who plays Kim Seo Jin’s right-hand man Seo Do Kyun, said, “Each scene is connected to the others like pieces of a puzzle, so it’s a drama in which the viewers can solve it with the characters in real time. It will be more fun if you watch from the first episode and don’t miss even a small moment.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1433721wpp/shin-sung-rok-lee-se-young-and-ahn-bo-hyun-share-reasons-to-tune-in-to-their-new-drama-kairos

Nam Gyu Ri And Shin Sung Rok Begin To Face Unexpected Misfortune In “Kairos”

2f62097c885c43eb9896f53f0447f40f.jpeg?s=

Oct 26, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” is gearing up for its premiere!

The upcoming “time-crossing fantasy thriller” is about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

New stills reveal Kim Seo Jin dressed in a black suit and Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri) wearing a bright red dress. Contrasting with their special attire, the two have long faces, highlighting the tense atmosphere. Kang Hyun Chae is near tears and looking visibly upset, while Kim Seo Jin is by her side with a concerned expression. Viewers are curious to discover what could have occurred to the couple at the banquet hall.

Shin-Sung-Rok-Nam-Gyu-Ri.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433794wpp/nam-gyu-ri-and-shin-sung-rok-begin-to-face-unexpected-misfortune-in-kairos

Premiere Watch: Kairos, Penthouse, Fly Dragon

by missvictrix

premwatch_kairos.jpg

More dramas you say? Coming right up! Even though it feels like we’ve just had a ton of dramas premiere, there are three new shows this week, and they couldn’t be more different. At the top of the list (and rightly so) is our time travel thriller Kairos, but if you want the thrills without the time travel component, there’s SBS’s Penthouse, which looks like it could be fun. Finally, we have a legal comedy to round out our premieres, this one starring a pair that stands up for the wrongfully accused.

Kairos

premwatch_kairos2.jpg

Time slot: Monday & Tuesday
Broadcaster: MBC
Genre: Fantasy, thriller
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Bring on the time travel! With Kairos, we’re in for a twisty, time-hopping tale involving the fates of two people who go missing one month apart. Shin Sung-rok and Lee Se-young are the lead, both reeling from personal tragedies when they’re inexplicably connected across time. As Shin Sung-rok works to save Lee Se-young’s mother, and Lee Se-young works to save Shin Sung-rok’s daughter, we’ll see how choices can free or doom you. Or maybe both? Let’s hopes all the time crosses don’t get too confusing — and there better be lots of dramatic scenes for Shin Sung-rok to chew up!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/premiere-watch-kairos-penthouse-fly-dragon/

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Kairos, 카이로스 - Mon & Tue @ 21:20 KST

“Kairos” Cast Describes Their Characters, Reveals What They Would Change About Their Pasts, And More

4963cc0a2e3441b393d6af1f91fe91c9.jpeg?s=

Oct 26, 2020
by S. P

On October 26, the upcoming MBC drama “Kairos” held a press conference with the director and lead actors.

The upcoming “time-crossing fantasy thriller” is about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

The cast began by revealing the reasons why they decided to take part in the drama, which included the immersive storyline as well as the passion and energy of producing director (PD) Park Seung Woo. Lee Se Young commented, “I grew fond of this drama due to the interesting script and my trust in the director.” Shin Sung Rok added, “I could see the sincerity in PD Park Seung Woo’s eyes. I knew I had to take on the role as soon as I saw the look in his eyes.”

PD Park Seung Woo said, “Even before I took on this production, I thought long and hard about who to cast. After taking on the drama, I put out offers without a second thought. I think my sincerity got through to them. I’m lucky to be working together with everyone.”

Shin Sung Rok commented on his role as a man who loses his daughter, saying, “Since I have a daughter as well, there were a lot of parts that spoke to me. It wasn’t easy since I had to express a lot of strong emotions, and I’m not really the type of person who does method acting. However, since the script was written well, I think I was able to act more naturally.”

Lee Se Young also delved into detail about her character as well as the reason why she cut her hair. “Han Ae Ri didn’t seem like the kind of character who had long and flowy hair,” she explained. “Han Ae Ri lives a busy lifestyle, so I wanted to give her a change. I figured that short hair would suit her.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1433921wpp/kairos-cast-describes-their-characters-reveals-what-they-would-change-about-their-pasts-and-more

That was a strong/solid first episode. I went in without having any background information and my interest was piqued right away. Coupled with a cast that has strong acting chops (Lee Se Young!!), I have high expectations and eagerly await episode 2! :hwaiting:

(especially after the train wreck that was Alice) :facepalm:

p.s. The story reminds me of Signal a bit, which is not a bad thing. 

Archived