[drama 2006] 'My Love' (Friday Night Drama) 마이 러브

Guest dramaok

ahhh i absolutely LOOOVEEEE this drama (thanks to dream_on for the links)

i usually dont like dramas with older people...

but i LOVE shin aera and the others! hahaha ^^;;;

it's so funny, yet sad at times, and cute at times!!

the former husband is SUCH A CUTIE!!!!

he's a momma's boy.. but it'swaaay too cute!! haha ^^

but i'm kinda worried about future episodes..

it seems like shin aera is gonna get hurt!!

especially from the fiance, and eewan's (name correct?)mother!!

that woman does not like aera

and the kids will prolly feel hurt

and the mother-in-law...

gaah too much pain!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but i'm kinda worried about future episodes..

it seems like shin aera is gonna get hurt!!

especially from the fiance, and eewan's (name correct?)mother!!

that woman does not like aera

and the kids will prolly feel hurt

and the mother-in-law...

gaah too much pain!

yup!! cute as it may be the pairing of Mi Ran and Yi Hwan with the puppy love bit

but at this point i really dun see this guy as someone who wants to take over as a father of 4!

fri nite dramas seem to show full grown man at a loss when they fall in love even at their age

it was a roar how Yi Hwan responded when he met up with Mi Ran again in his office

did that picture on his wall need any adjustment at all? haha!!!

do fri nite dramas always end with the main leads not being together?

My Lovely Fool was the 1st i caught and i was devastatd by the ending

hope they somehow weave the story into a happy end this time!

can someone clarify again....where was Mi Ran's mum? she just suddenly appeared when Mi Ran's husband died then did she disappear again?

Guest flyfany89

after reading all the positive comments about this drama it is making me want to watch it

when the drama first came out..i had no idea what it was about and was hesitant to download and watch it

but now i'm positive that i will like this drama~

yup!! cute as it may be the pairing of Mi Ran and Yi Hwan with the puppy love bit

but at this point i really dun see this guy as someone who wants to take over as a father of 4!

fri nite dramas seem to show full grown man at a loss when they fall in love even at their age

it was a roar how Yi Hwan responded when he met up with Mi Ran again in his office

did that picture on his wall need any adjustment at all? haha!!!

do fri nite dramas always end with the main leads not being together?

My Lovely Fool was the 1st i caught and i was devastatd by the ending

hope they somehow weave the story into a happy end this time!

can someone clarify again....where was Mi Ran's mum? she just suddenly appeared when Mi Ran's husband died then did she disappear again?

i was a bit confused by that too

but i think they just didn't show the process of the mother and daughter meeting each other again

cuz that was probably not as important as the babies and the hubby's accident

but remember how the hubby and her were talkign about the mom...

i believe the husband was keeping in contact with her, or he did find her..

something like that.. i wasn't really paying attention to what shin aera and the hubby were saying

i was just staring at his cute face! lOlolol xP

thank you mic.. you're an absolute angel.. ehhe.. my best friday night drama buddy.. *hugs*.. by the way.. is Yi Hwan's family wealthy to begin with? I know he's successful and all... but his mom seems abit snobby to me.. what about Mi Ran's family?

and wow.. YH and that gf/ fiance of his have been together for quite awhile.. over 5 years.. that's quite a long relationship.. and he seems popular with the ladies also.. does his fiance know about his flirting ways? i am abit confused since it seems that she knows he's popular but she's somewhat confident herself, right? does the fiance know about Mi ran and YH's relationship?

Also.. it seems that Mi Ran had a happy & good lifestyle before her husband died.. so her mother-in-law is also pretty well off, right? are they struggling financially now?

sorry for the many questions and thank you so much in advance.. ;)

Guest dramaok

kissmn4.jpg

[ep. 1]

MR: you got excited. right? and you didn't want me to notice it that's why you got mad at me right?

YH: yeah.

MR: then that's a problem. i played basketball with you for the game, but if you see me as a woman... then we can't play basketball together again.

YH: i know. but that doesn't go according to your mind.. i think i like you.

MR: well i know that.

YH: but much more than you realize.

MR: really?

YH: i wanna go far with you so i know i gotta be patient until we both get into the college we want... but sometimes. no.. i mean often. even without me realizing.

MR: you get caught?

YH: hey can you be serious.

MR: wanna play another game? first to 20 points?

YH: um.. no. instead of that...

MR: then go home. if your mom calls then my grandma's gonna get her blood pressure raised again.

YH: (stands up)

MR: what?

YH: um.. that.. us... ki... .. ki...

MR: k-i-s-s?

YH: just once... !

MR: fine let's do it. do you think i don't think about it? it's probably nothing once you try it. let's get it over and forget it. isn't that better?

YH: now? here?

MR: yup. just for 5 second.

YH: but i'm really sweaty.. is that alright with you? and i think my lips might be salty..

MR: stop talking so much it's annoying. i'm nervous too since it's my first time too.

YH :okay.

MR: just 5 second.

YH: okay.

[lips touch but mom interrupts]

YH's mom: what are you two doing? you.. you...

YH: mom!

mom: what are you doing?

YH: she said to do it first. she said to kiss just once.

MR: what? that... that.. hello.

mom: (mom slaps her)

mom: you're the more pathetic one to fall over for that. if you're gonna play then play with a girl whose environment matches you. let that kind of bad-luck play with her own kind. whether or not she seduces someone let her be.

YH: i didn't ask to play with her first.. her...

mom: be quiet. go home and talk.

YH: mom! don't tell dad. please.

MR: (throws ball at him) jo yi-hwan!!! you pathetic coward!!!! you... live your entire life like that!!!! (cries)

==========

thank you mic.. you're an absolute angel.. ehhe.. my best friday night drama buddy.. *hugs*.. by the way.. is Yi Hwan's family wealthy to begin with? I know he's successful and all... but his mom seems abit snobby to me.. what about Mi Ran's family?

and wow.. YH and that gf/ fiance of his have been together for quite awhile.. over 5 years.. that's quite a long relationship.. and he seems popular with the ladies also.. does his fiance know about his flirting ways? i am abit confused since it seems that she knows he's popular but she's somewhat confident herself, right? does the fiance know about Mi ran and YH's relationship?

Also.. it seems that Mi Ran had a happy & good lifestyle before her husband died.. so her mother-in-law is also pretty well off, right? are they struggling financially now?

sorry for the many questions and thank you so much in advance.. ;)

- yi-hwan's family is pretty wealthy, but not as wealthy as heejae's. (the fiance)

- yi-hwan is a playboy. but he was never serious w/ any of the many women he dated. cuz he thinks he lost his innocence when he was a coward w/ miran.

- fiance has an idea about his flirting ways and it's always been her who's pursued him. i think she thinks she can fix him. lol

- fiance also knows miran and yi-hwan are old friends. she doesn't know they were each other's first love.

- miran is suffering from financial trouble. they're like 500 bucks in the hole every month, cuz the mortgage on the house is quite large for her to handle, but she won't sell the house cuz the house is like her husband to her and it's like daddy to her kids. the mother in law wants her to sell it but miran won't talk about it.

- and miran's real mom. she's not in the country. she married for the 2nd time when miran was a young girl to another country and left miran w/ the granny (who i think passed away). they haven't said where or i missed it but it seems far away and it's not in korea.

*hugging mic tightly*.. so i guess the late husband didn't buy life insurance eh?.. tsk tsk.. ( subtract 5 points from him) :lol:.. by the way.. can you give me the title in korean too? so i can search around for some info :P

after the kiss :D

img040220061108105816330c3dbxq4.jpg

img04022006110810572533189fapy8.jpg

even your mom can't protect you now!!!!

img04022006110810590732ee95eln0.jpg

img04022006110810592332d8de5qe3.jpg

ouch.. ouch.. don't go there.. i still want to have kids with you... lol

img0402200611081058353301953jg5.jpg

img04022006110810585232fa9ffnd1.jpg

another favor dear.. I can't seem to wait until friday.. what's happening in the preview? Yh wants to break up with his fiance? why is Miran crying to her friend? juicy.. the whole family caught them kissing.. wonder what's gonna happen.. hehe

SBS 새 금요드라마 [마이 러브](HDTV)(5회)

방송 : 11월 10일(금) 밤 08:55~09:55

이환에게 기습적으로 입맞춤을 당한 미란은 다음날 선희에게 간밤에 있었던 일을 얘기하며 제대로 반항 한 번 하지 못하고 '남편 없는 티'를 팍팍 낸 자신의 어처구니 없음을 이야기한다. 더구나 그 모습을 아이들과 시어미니까지 봤다는 사실 때문에 더 괴롭다. 미란은 시어머니와 아이들에게 나름대로 변명하는데, 친구로 사귀라는 반응이 돌아온다. 미란은 이환을 찾아가 어떤 생각인지 확인하다, 이환의 향수를 확인하고는 자신이 속수무책으로 무너진 이유가 이환이 죽은 남편과 같은 향수를 사용한 때문이라고 얘기한다. 미란 시어머니 옥희는 대평을 찾아 미란과 이환의 일을 상의한다. 한편, 민과 신이는 '아빠의 날'을 맞아 이환을 부르고...

SBS 새 금요드라마 [마이 러브](HDTV)(6회)

방송 : 11월 10일(금) 밤 09:55~10:55

교실에 들어선 미란은 이환을 발견하고, 둘은 잠시 실랑이를 벌인다. 미란은 이환이 숨겨 둔 아이가 있는 것으로 오해하고, 이환은 밖에서 기다리는 어머니의 전화를 받고는 할 수 없이 중간에 교실을 빠져나간다. 미란은 신이의 선생님이 친구분은 먼저가셨느냐, 축하한다는 얘기에 의아해한다. 미란은 민이와 신이가 이환을 아빠를 대신해 부른 사실을 알고는 꾸짖고 벌을 세우는데, 마음은 쓸쓸하기만 하다. 한편, 희재는 이환과 미란의 관계가 신경 쓰이고, 이환에게 더 이상 가만 앉아 보고만 있지는 않겠다고 한다. 다음날 회의 후 희재는 미란에게 모델하우스 체험팀을 꾸릴 것을 지시하고, 며칠씩 야근을 해야 하는 업무에 미란은 난감해한다. 미란의 새 업무에 대한 얘기를 전해들은 대평은 이환과 '무식하게' 한잔 하자고 제의하고, 함께 한 술 자리에서 미란을 편하게 해달라고 요구하다 시비가 붙어 주먹이 오간다. 대평과 헤어진 이환은 만신창이가 된 모습으로 희재 집을 찾는데...

Guest dramaok

can you give me the title in korean too? so i can search around for some info :P

마이 러브 [ma-ee-leo-beu] <-- basically they konglished the english 'my love'

i'll come back w/ preview translation next time. i gotta get to bed. ^^

dramaok thanks for translating what i asked for. it's extremely helpful in understanding the background better.

so.....YH's mum was rather unkind to MR huh? it's not easy for them to get together then....

- 4 rather grown-up kids, the elder 2 will remember their dad very well

- 4 education funds to build up in future years

- a large mortgage to repay

- 1 widowed mother-in-law who will tag along with MR whoever she goes with (else she'll be all alone unless she ends up with that meddling ajusshi)

- 1 potential mother-in-law with her nose in the air, so is YH a mummy's boy sucuumbing to her every wish?

so much obstacles...ottoke?

^ and dont forget that the guy has a fiance right now.

she'll give more problems for miran.. so sad

ahh i just read the previews!! (thank you mily2)

and the pictures look soooooo funny! keke can't wait!!

ahhh teh previews are making me excited for this weekend

um.. not enough to translate the whoel thing..

but um.. anyway

the older two kids.. i believe.. call yihwan to come to school for Father's day...

so sad :(

and miran sees him there and thinks that he has a child that she didn't know about! hahah ^^;;;

but she finds out why he came.. and so she scolds her kids

but she feels sad too :(

k gotta go!!

thanks again!! :D

haha.. thank you LiZziE ( hugs).. welcome on board.. please do stick around and watch this with us...:)

Also.. as a disclaimer.. all the captions I did along with the caps are my own imagination.. please don't get confused.. * lol*.. as I received a confused pm from one poor distressed viewer who thought that her version is missing those scenes.. hehe.. so mic & bella & LiZziE.. we need you gals to help with spoilers .. k?

Guest dramaok

btw in ep. 2, when yi-hwan finds out from dae-pyeong that miran's husband died from paragliding accident, yi-hwan suddenly remembers how his boat passed by someone falling into the sea but he didn't stop since heejae's father was having his heartattack at the same time.. and later yi-hwan feels guilty after talking to his doctor friend who says if someone gets into breathing/heart trouble from paragliding, if the person is rescued and taken into medical care w/in an hour there's a chance that he can be saved.

ep. 5 preview:

next day after miran encounters the surprise lip-lock from yi-hwan, she complains about what happened to seon-hee (the colleague w/ accent) saying it is unthinkable nonsense, and how troubled she is by the fact that her mother-in-law and children saw the whole thing on top of everything...miran tries to explain what happened to her kids and mother-in-law, but the response she gets is to date him as a friend.miran goes to yi-hwan and clarifies what happened. miran tells yi-hwan her reaction was due to the fact that yi-hwan uses the same cologne as her deceased husband. miran's mother-in-law, ok-hee, goes to dae-pyeong and discusses w/ him about yihwan and miran. meanwhile, min and shin-ee calls yihwan about 'father's day'...

ep. 6 preview:

in the classroom, miran discovers yi-hwan, and miran misunderstands thinking yi-hwan has a secret child.

yi-hwan receives phone call from his mom who's waiting for him outside so yi-hwan leaves the classroom in the middle of it. shin-ee's teacher asks miran if her friend left first and congratulates her and miran is puzzled. miran finds out min-ee and shin-ee invited yi-hwan in lieu of father and miran gets angry and punishes them, but she is sad in her heart. meanwhile, hee-jae is bothered by miran and yi-hwan's relationship, and she tells yi-hwan if he continues further she won't just sit still anymore. next day after meeting, hee-jae assigns the model-home project to miran and miran is met with difficulty as she has to work many days into late night hours. dae-pyeong finds out about miran's new project and asks yi-hwan to have a drink together like uneducated ppl, dae-pyeong asks yi-hwan to make things comfortable for miran, but things get out of hand and he is about to punch him. after parting w/ dae-pyeong, yi-hwan shows up at hee-jae's w/ his body full of wounds.

thank you mic once again for the preview translations.

haha.. so the mother-in-law and her kids are rooting for Miran & YH.. what a "liberal" and cool bunch... yippie!! and I'm surprised YH agreed to show up the classroom. Yeah.. he must feel guilty about Miran's husband.. but I think he's still attracted to Miran and she can still stir his heart abit.

I dread the meeting between Miran and YH"s mother though.. putting their different status aside..what mother would agree to have her precious & successful son marry a woman with 4 kids- and the mom will just call Miran bad luck for the second time.. yikes!!!

This obstacle reminds me of DJ and CY! and about the whole mortgage thing, i was wondering right off the bat why none of them were living in an apartment/condo since her husband wasnt making money like that. I guess they were living above their means.

I have to say that i predict a relocation due to finances coming soon in the next couple of episodes and of course our lovely HJ riding to the rescue.

I must say that despite his puppy love for MR, he really is a coward and really unworthy of MR.

haha.. thank you LiZziE ( hugs).. welcome on board.. please do stick around and watch this with us...:)

Also.. as a disclaimer.. all the captions I did along with the caps are my own imagination.. please don't get confused.. * lol*.. as I received a confused pm from one poor distressed viewer who thought that her version is missing those scenes.. hehe.. so mic & bella & LiZziE.. we need you gals to help with spoilers .. k?

dont worry!! i'm here to stay! hahahaha

i ABSOLUTELY LOVEEE This drama!! :D

but i wish the former husband scenes would be a bit longer! he's SO CUTE!!!!

and sorry for not being to translate more.. i had to run to class! hahah ^^;;

anywho..

aww since miran is prolly gonna get a lot of crap from a lot of people

i hope her kids are supportive of the relationship

cuz i dont think miran would keep seeing him or allow her feelings to grow for him if her children were against it~

the first meeting... What a nice birthday present!

bscap026lb5.jpg

bscap025xf7.jpg

bscap034qd2.jpg

bscap030kq9.jpg

Look at the twins. They may have lost their father on their birthday but in their eyes it looks like they've just gotten a new one as a birthday present! Their eyes look like those of a child on christmas morning

Two more episodes today! hehe..XD

I'm uploading ep 5 in WITHS2CB right now and it should be done within the hour. <--- it's done! hehehe...

Oh, and Episode 1-4 are already in there.

Thank you so much dramaok for the translations...

I'm wondering if later on they'll reveal YH's "presence" during the critical time of MR's deceased husband and use it again to 'stir' YH-MR relationship. And since it's kdrama, I can just predict how MR will have this struggle once she finds out that YH could have saved her husband but he didn't/couldn't.

Right now, just by reading the preview for 5-6, I think Hee Jae would be the typical richard simmons once she finds out YH & MR past relationship.

{edited:}

episode 5-6 are now available @ WITHS2CB ^^

Archived