I love this, minjung and yunho are so cute

krngrl3091 it would be great if you could translate that for us please :D

ok i will translate....lol

it will be up in like couple minutes or an hour

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest krngrl3091

Here is the translated version of the interview of seo minjung by DC inside:( will put spoilers in yellow)

DC interview:

(narrator)

Before we recruit someone to interview, we always go through our site’s galleries and look for the “trend” of the day. Of course, this doesn’t mean that every time DC asks for an interview, that person always agrees easily, but we just want to interview the people that the members of the site see as important.

These days, in DC as well as in many other internet sites, there is a “wind of highkick” blowing. Esepecially, there is a great impression these days towards seo minjung(aka seo teacher). People says that she is a very loveable character despite her continuous falling and causing trouble. So we have decided to interview seo minjung for this issue.

However, there is an event that makes me hesitant. In the past, there was a time when seo minjung’s radio station and DC inside has conflicted. But we still contacted her. Contrary to our expectations, she did not reject the offer.

The time was 1 p.m. on the 21st of December. There was chattering and noise on one side of the broadcast station lobby, so when I turned my head, seominjung was approaching.

“Did you wait long? I’m very sorry…”(SMJ-seominjung)

She said that the filming that was supposed to start at 6 in the morning got a late start. But she still did not show any signs of tiredness and rather washed away my fatigue with her lovely smile. So I said, “You should be tired…are you ok?”

“Yes, I am really ok.” (SMJ)

- Do you happen to know about the DC inside?

SMJ: Yes, I know. I first got to know it through that radio…(laugh) It is a site that is popular among the younger audience and the teens. While filming the sitcom, Kim Byung Wook director said, “There was this type of writing that came up in DC inside.” I think he sees a lot of reaction through this site. I think he pays a lot of attention to the site because there is more correct information at those sites. After hearing this, I did visit the site a lot…(laugh)

-Which gallery did you happen to go into?

SMJ: But you know that forum or bulletin board, there were a great variety of choices so I didn’t know which one to go into. So I just went to the portal site and typed in my name and saw what came up, but only one link came up. I must have searched for the wrong thing….(laugh)

-It seems like the filming of the sitcom starts at a very early time. Is the filming schedule a bit tight?

SMJ: On Thursdays and Fridays, we do the filming on set and on Saturdays to Mondays, we do the outside filming. Now for about 2 weeks, there was been snow and a lot of filming to do, so we filmed until Tuesday. But I like to do this because it is fun for me. The only hard part is waking up in the morning. Everything else is fun.

-How is the environment on the filming site?

SMJ: Since it is a sitcom, the script itself is very funny. So when the new script comes out, we say “WOW! It’s so funny isn’t it?” and talk about how to act it out in a funny way.

-I am curious about the casting process. Wasn’t it supposed to be that your role was very small, but it got bigger due to the reaction of the viewers?

SMJ: Yes, in the beginning, the director did not create any character with me in mind… he was just a director I would call to say hello at times because he was the director who got me into acting. One day, he said he was starting a new sitcom and he is watching my drama <사랑과 야망>. He said he was a bit disappointed that he didn’t see me smile too much on the drama. So, I said, “Director, I want to do a part that laughs. I want to be in a sitcom.” He was surprised because he thought I would never do a sitcom because I had been in a drama already. But I said, “NO! I would go for any role in your work!” So he said, the casting for this one is over and to see in the next work.

But as he was talking with the writers, he came up with the idea of making her character one that disappears after about a month. When I agreed to do it, he changed his mind and decided to make a role that would last for me…the teacher. In the beginning my role was small but as the reaction was very good, my role became bigger and bigger.

-When you look at the cast of “Unstoppable highkick” the ages of the cast are varied. Are you able to work harmoniously with one another?

SMJ: Surprisingly, the harmony was more easily achieved. If we had worked with people our own age, our acting would all be the same. But since we work with outstanding actors and actresses, our acting gets better. Even the newbie actors improved quickly. I think of it as a great opportunity to work with such great people.

-Isn’t it hard to fit in with more experienced actors/actresses like lee soon jae and nah moon hee?

SMJ: For me, truthfully, it is hard to figure out how to act towards them. (laugh). But they do not make me feel uncomfortable but treat me very well.

-Many viewers expect to see a love line between you and YOONHO, but how do you think the events will fall in the future?

SMJ: In fact, when I saw the first synopsis, there wasn’t anything going on between me and yoonho. But during school scene, since yooho is a student, he caught the camera, and one or two people jokingly said, “they look good together.” After seeing that, Jun ilwoo(yoonho) said “did you see that?” I said that I doubted it, but when I went back later, there were so many of those messages wanting us to be a couple…(laugh) “SMJ, in the scenes, it seems like yoonho likes you..”—like this. This seems like a real cartoon so it seems like many like it. I also think many rely on yoonho because he has such a great grl fanbase and is good at acting.

<there may be spoilers below for those who do not want to see>

During the filming, as I saw shinji with her new boyfriend, I said the director “Don’t I get a kiss scene?” then minyong said, “Do I get a kiss scene with minjung?” Director replied, “Yea..minjung will have a kiss with yunho” (laugh)..I didn’t get the script yet so I don’t know, but they say I kiss yunho by accident because I think it is minyong.

-If these things really did happen, how would you feel?

SMJ: Really, even if a guy was with a girl 10 years younger….people would say what a robber(player)…If a girl did it…it would be worse…(laugh)…I don’t think I would feel any passionate love to a guy 10 years younger. I would see him as a baby.

In this sitcom, rather than love, I see it as love for a student by teacher as she tries to fix his wrong ways and the student feels a little different because no one gave more attention than punishment to the rebellious kid. I think it is more of s strong bond and I hope the people will view this with a good mind.

-Yunho and minyong.. personally, which side do you feel more of a love line?

SMJ: haha..people always ask this question (laugh)…First of all, I have to do this sitcom for one year so I have to see both yunho and minyong so it is a very difficult situation. Both are very good, but the chances are very low.

In minyong’s case, he is the ex husband of a friend and has a child. And yunho is the nephew of a friend. So I am worried that in the end, there will be no definite ending.

-But I think you do have someone you personally have in mind…

SMJ: (laugh)..before, minyong was like “minjung, I am very disappointed these days..” because I have said many things these days about this question. I am attracted to the opposite personality. When I was in high school, I was the quiet girl. I was always jealous of the beautiful girl who came to school holding hands with the boyfriend and went home on the motorcycle….while doing interviews I was able to ride motorcycles and have been able to achieve my dreams…so I said I was happy. I think this is what minyong was disappointed about.

But truthfully, minyong is very warm and kind so he is very good guy. I think he will go out with me in the near future(in sitcom). Yunho may rebel and scream but really is a kind and innocent kid so this also attracts me. I am a bit greedy…haha(laugh)

-During the filming, which scene do you most remember?

SMJ: I fall a lot. In the beginning, it was meant to show my clumsiness, but since I fall well, I usually fall twice a day. I remember riding on minyong’s shoulders to propose my feelings, and getting a piggyback ride on yoonho and running away.

-I too remember those scenes. But it must have been hard for yoonho to piggyback ride you for so long despite your great body.

SMJ: Yes, in the beginning, yoonhoo said, “It’s ok.” But after giving me piggyback rides about 100 times to get the right angles, he couldn’t get up. (laugh)…but yoonho still focuses very well on acting. So I felt really sorry, but he said, “No it’s ok. I’m a man…” Due to these words, I was able to act without so much of a burden and I thank him for that…(laugh)

-In the sitcom you fall a lot, but do you really fall so much in reality?

SMJ: The part of the sitcom character that I can most identify with is the constant falling. I always fall so all my friends warn me so be careful. There was a time in school when I fell and had to sew my knee 20 times. I had to go on stage as MC 1 hour after that so….(laugh)

-Is there a special way you fall to make it look real but not get hurt?

SMJ: If I try to fall without getting hurt, there is an NG. My theory is, “finish it in one!” so even if it hurts, I fall thinking it won’t kill me.

-Your acting is very natural. Many people wonder if you have molded into your character.

SMJ: The character is very similar to myself. But people who watch the sitcom and encounter me in real life, say, “Why are you so quiet? You seem like you would be very talkative..” I am not a very playful person. Rather I am quiet and shy. In <똑바로 살아라> the character I played was very similar to that of highkick.

-You have played many clumsy and naïve characters. Do you have any complaints about that character?

SMJ: No. When I first signed up for the part I was very happy and in my past, my character was innocent and so the viewers look upon me with more compassion and love. Also, rather than being too perfect, have a little missing seems to cause more bond. So I like it very much.

-In < 사랑과 야망> you did very dramatic acting. When you compare it to a sitcom, what is the big difference?

SMJ: When I was doing '사랑과 야망, as I worked with famous directors and actors, I learned a lot. It helped me very much. Going into this sitcom, the director said to me that since I have done the drama, take the part in the sitcom seriously because the script is funny anyway so when you overact it, the funny is taken away. He told me to watch lee soon jae as he acted.

-But which do you think is more comfortable---drama or sitcom?

SMJ: Both are hard for me. I originally have the funny image so in the drama, as the bratty daughter of a rich family, when I had to scream and act angry, the director said, “Even if you scream and yell, you are waiting to laugh” (laugh)..Sitcoms are not too easy either. But learning one thing at a time is fun.

-Do you feel a lot of greed for dramas?

SMJ: Yes, I want to do it. During the drama, there was that much reaction that I stood out. But the writer said I did a good job working with such advanced actors. During the drama, I learned a lot and in the future, whether the role is big or small, I want to take it if it suits me well.

-Due to the sitcom, you have a strong image that will be hard to get away from…are you worried this image will stay with you forever?

SMJ: I am the optimistic type of person so I tend not to worry about those things. I think everything will be fine if I work hard at it.

-Personally do you have a specific type of role you would like to act out?

SMJ: (laugh)..I am older, but many see me as being very young. So some role where I am married as the new bride? (laugh)..Also, my smiling face has been known widely so many think I would laugh even at a funeral house, but in reality, I do have many tears. Maybe a character with an amount of sadness, and many tears..

-Many people long for your past radio show. Do you have any thoughts of becoming a DJ again?

SMJ: really? Being a celebrity the part I remember the most is being the DJ of ‘기쁜 우리 젊은 날’ because the program was dead as an AM program , but later it rose up not because of me but because we did it with comfort and many liked it. It was the first time I got an award(laugh) and I would love to be a DJ again if I got the opportunity.

-What is the biggest attraction of being a DJ?

SMJ: in radio, nothing can be cut out of the show so it feels like I unite with the public. Not like a celebrity and fan but more like a sister and younger child. It feels good.

-What is an episode your remember during radio broadcasting?

SMJ: we did a lot of live broadcasting. This is because you can get the reaction on the spot. Well it was ppeppero day and our time was 12 to 2. I said that I didn’t even get a ppepperro and at 1:30 am, a listener sent me ppeppero through the security guy. I was touched

-I am sorry to ask, but you said you got to know our site through radio. Do you happen to know the confict? (you can go to the site and they give you links to this)

SMJ: (laugh)..yes, I Know.

-O..yes…due to that occurrence, our head would like to formally apologize…I feel so bad to ask

SMJ: No it’s ok…(laugh)..In reality, there was a misunderstanding that made me struggle a bit but I think I and the radio program grew due to it. Now, I see it as attention of the public to our radio program.

-That kind of made me uncomfortable and unsure to ask you for the interview. Thank you for being to kind..

SMJ: No, It’s all ok now…(laugh)

-You studied law in college. Do you hope to work in the law department later on?

SMJ: I can’t really say because I am not sure whether I will do it or not in the future, but I didn’t do law for fun but I really wanted to do it.

-Did people around you reject the idea of becoming a celebrity?

SMJ: I didn’t become a celebrity from the start. I just worked as a VJ and reporter as part time jobs and people didn’t call me a celebrity but just said o I saw you on TV. So there was a big objection. While attending college, my dream was to be an announcer so I did my part time job as a reporter.

-Did you ever regret becoming a celebrity?

SMJ: Being a celebrity, I gained more than I lost to I am very thankful. I do not have so much to offer, but I do have fans, and antis (laugh). I am thankful I can live with love, so I do not think I have ever regretted it.

-Can you feel that your fanbase has grown these days?

SMJ: No, not really. (laugh). I think the people who post on the forums aren’t my fans but <highkick> fans. And I think viewers would like this character regardless of who plays the role. The script is so good and the popularity of the sitcom is rising,…in reality, it is better than being in a bad work. So it isn’t my popularity.

-You are too modest. You smile and laugh a lot in the broadcastings. Do you really laugh so much?

SMJ: Yes, I do smile and laugh a lot. Some see it as a good sign, but others think I am making fun of them or laughing at them. Then others ask if something good has happened to me, but if I don’t smile people ask if something bad has happened. So I just laugh and smile a lot (laugh). But many say if I laugh, they laugh with me.

-Do you have a boyfriend?

SMJ: No (laugh)

-Truthfully, do you have any other celebrities you feel nervous around? Is there a celebrity who is your type?

SMJ: Is there a possibility that after I say this, the article will say, “SMJ loves ____.” (laugh). There is exactly one person I saw who swept me away. He isn’t a celebrity but when I as a section TV reporter, I saw Hwang Sun Hong at the 2002 World Cup. He is very charismatic and sophisticated. My friends like Ahn Jung Hwan or Kim Nahm Il, but I like Hwang Sun Hong so I became a member of his fan café and kept pictures of him in my computer and stuff. In his café, I saw how he met his wife and it was very cool. It blew me away.

-How many years above and below would you accept as a boyfriend?

SMJ: I think about 3 years up and down? There are those people who are old but immature and those who are younger but more mature so I’m not too sure. But still I don’t think I could handle anyone more than 5 years younger than me. (laugh). But later if I marry someone whose age is apart from mine, it will be embarrassing. (laugh)

-Who is your closest celebrity?

SMJ: I did get close with singers through radio. But these days, at my church, we have formed a small group with people like lee yoori, park tahm hee, shoo, han hye jin, and jun noh min.

-I think this interview will be up on Christmas. Do you have any special schedules for Christmas?

SMJ: No. There will be a filming for the sitcom on Christmas too. (laugh)

-It is almost the end of 2006. How satisfied are you with the year?

SMJ: I am 100% satisfied. Of course there were hard times and good times but if the end is good then it is all good. Doing this winter sitcom, I laughed a lot and I am sure viewers laughed a lot, so it has been good.

-You must be tired. This is the last question. You said you were satisfied 100%, so how do you want to present yourself for next year?

SMJ: Rather than goals that are too high, I just want to do a little better than 2006. I want to improve in my acting and maybe just about 10% better than this year. Thank you.

ENJOY!

Guest hyunskee

I don't know IF it's out BUT I do know that Song Baek Kyung of 1TYM and MooGaDang composed and sang it!

I love it even more now!

lostfromfate- Yes, I too am hoping for more YUN-JUNG

krngrl3091-YES, THANKS FOR THE INFO! Can't wait to watch!

Jina

thanks for the info! cant wait till the ost comes out!

i just love their title song!!

krngrl3091

thank you for the interview!!! i wonder what really happened with seo minjungs radio station and dc inside... OH, I REALLY HOPE THAT SEO MINJUNG AND YUNHO WILL GET TOGETHER!!

wow, they film every single day except wednesday.. omg. they must be really busy...

Guest kkam jjak

so this is my first time watching highkick in HQ for ep 38

i gotta say, jung ilwoo has really nice pink lips lol... i can't stop staring at his lips lmao... and his skin is so freakin clear

------edit

and he's so cute when he's pouting/begging lol

wow i've never really thought a male celeb was this cute before lol... i feel like one of those groupies or w/e lmao

omg, kkam jjak u got to watch episode 38!! =(

im still waiting for it on youtube T_T

oh i remember this one episode where shinji was teaching music at the skool and chan sung was like singing so funny. that episode was soo funny now i want to go back and look for it!

Guest yeohweping

A new guy that was chasing after Shin Ji came out in yesterday's ep..

But Min Young was too engrossed in his game to see that guy forcing his kiss on Shin Ji. :sweatingbullets:

Yunho loses against Minho in the battle of wits even gets the name of granny and her best friend wrong.

Guest kkam jjak

I HAVE A QUESTION

oh i remember this one episode where shinji was teaching music at the skool and chan sung was like singing so funny. that episode was soo funny now i want to go back and look for it!

what episode was the one where shinji was teaching music at the school? i must've skipped that episode since i was in such a rush trying to download all the eps when i first began watching it.

haha otherwise ep 38 was pretty funny. man jung ilwoo plays the dumb hakyo jjang role really ... and i mean REALLY ....well lol. my favorite line was:

"Hitler? Who's Hitler?" i don't know why but i started cracking up cuz jung ilwoo did one heck of a job looking clueless

i left the most replies in this thread out of all the drama threads lol... i normally don't reply but it's impossible to talk about this sitcom haha

AHH OMG i just watched episode 38!! OMG the ending was soo funny wen yunho fell and he was taken to the hospital in the ambulance hahahaha and the hitler part LOL

kkam jjak- that was episode 17 [really really really funny!!!]

just in case u want it on youtube..

Episode 17 Part 1

sry but chan sung can NOT sing LOL

hehe and that guy who was after shinji was KINDA cute =]

I LUV THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!~~

Guest krngrl3091

OMG EPISODE 39 was like a dream!!!!!!

it was sooo cute!

u guys should watch!.

i wanna watch friday epie cuz yunho is in it,....not tomorrow...cuz i dun think yunho will be there!

welll here it is if you guys wanna watch quickly....i didnt upload anywhere....it is on someone else's blog/naver cafe....hope u enjoy...and ummm if u want advice for this site...i say u should click play for all of them (there are 4 parts on one page) and then press pause for all except the one u are watching ffirst cuz it mite take a wile to load...

hope it works for u guys

http://blog.empas.com/ghkdwp10/17621700

ENJOY!

im not sure but i think you can tell that yunho relaly likes minjung in episode 39? haha, and yunho looks smokin' in glasses :P

Guest kkam jjak

thanks A.lee

i'm downloading ep 17 and ep 39 right now in HQ... i have to wait like 4 hours for both to download... lol

Guest minshoo

episode 39 is indeed the best one :D. what did she said to shinji that yunho over heard them and was really mad that he turned back to normal?

Guest krngrl3091

ok..so i found epie 40 online....you can go to http://blog.naver.com/76101peyts/120033031216 buh the screeen is like youtube screeen

or you can go here: http://blog.empas.com/ghkdwp10/17621700 buh for me the buffering took a while

OMG...there was a YUNHO MINJUNG moment for a couple minutes...SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY

episode 39 is indeed the best one :D. what did she said to shinji that yunho over heard them and was really mad that he turned back to normal?

they were talking about how minjung didnt actually wait for him and shinji was like "wow all u did was sleep and he thought u actually waited for him" and yea.. something like that. haha, episode 40.. i felt so bad for shinji.. but i hope they stay together.. and yumi's so bossy! haha, and when minjung was poking yunhos belly >.< so cute!!

Guest krngrl3091

cant wait for 2m epie!

buh from the preview it seems like it is mor of a minjung and minyong epie than a minjung yunho epie as i had wanted!!! <_<

too bad! hope they come out together tho!

Guest kkam jjak

i saw ep 39... i'm worried if yunho's gonna be more of a badboy... but he'd be hot either way lol

o btw... i'm downloading ep 40 right now.... i was at school til 8 today cuz of theater... i hope it downloads fast enough before i go to bed hehe

A.lee? you were screaming like a groupie for ep 39? lol WHOA someone is obsessed

Guest - - Yehri

AKLSGKJGLJG I FINALLY SAW EP 39 & 40 ON YOU TUBE ASKLJG <33333

EP 39

OH. MY. GOSH!!!!

When yunho was staring at minjung as she was "waiting" for him

i was like LSJGKGLKGJ<333333 :blush:

and then when he found out at the end TTTT-TTTTTTT

BUT HE WAS DOING EVERYTHING FOR HER

EP 40

THERE WAS A SMALL YUNHO AND MINJUNG MOMENT BUT IT WAS REALLLYYYY GOOOD

because he "hurt" minjung and so when she was like telling him to now listen to her he was all quietly like okay.. LKJASGKLJSKGJG<3 i was so happy :D

CANT WAIT TILL MORE EPISODES

Guest krngrl3091

ok i think ima stay up til about 3:20 and watch epie 41... for 2 reasons: i hafta finish my hw cuz i start school 2m...and ummm i havent started my winter break hw...how wierd is it to start skool on friday? and 2. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY

i will talk about it if i watch it

=]

you guys i was all screaming and smiling for no reason when yunho like kinda fell in luv with minjung for a moment....and whenever they come out together is juss sooo cute to deal with!!! hope u guys enjoy it as much as i do!

Guest krngrl3091

okay so im posting afterskool cuz ummm i fell asleep after watching it....and yea

and as i had suspected.....

episode 41 was about the minyong and minjung couple as they got together officialli as a couple and yunho didnt cum out except for like one second wit minho!! and the next epie seems to also focus on minjung minyong from the previews...at least since minyong and minjung are going out we are getting a lil closer to the kiss scene between yunho and minjung i must suspect because she says she thinks it is minyong and kisses him so it must mean....or hopefulli it is coming up soon!!!!!!!!!!!so very disappointed in this epie.....it wasnt as funni as i expected and the people....well i wasnt jumping for joy as usual....

wen the previews for next week epies come out i will post

o and from the website and the people's opinion sections there is an article that says that this sitcom will go up to 125 epies!!! people feel sad it is short....

yea

hope u guys enjoyed

and if u wanna watch as usual there are two sites

(the first takes a while to load so if u choose to watch wit this one...it is divided in 4 parts on one page so click start for each and then pause so it loads while u watch the others... buht personalli im impatient so i watched the second cuz it is faster and it is like youtube so i dunt mind)

1. http://blog.empas.com/ghkdwp10/17621700

2. http://blog.naver.com/76101peyts/120033031216

Archived