Which genres do you prefer to read about?

singlebilingual

I like to learn from history books, but there comes a time when I crave the storytelling writing style. Unfortunately, I was never impressed with any of the novels that I chose. All of the novels left me with that incomplete and sometimes bad or icky feelings about the endings. I start thinking, 'it would've been better if he or she added this in the middle,' or 'what if the story ended differently?' I tend to pick the wrong novels, and I guess I'm missing out on some of the genres. Which genres do you prefer to read about? And what are you reading now?

I like to read mostly scifi and romance, but not bodice rippers. Those are boring to me. :lol: 

I am currently working my way through Jane Austen's works. I've finished up Sense & Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. About to start on Mansfield Park. 

I also have a weakness for those "choose your own adventure" stories. They're usually really short but I like that I can read the same book over and over and have a different story every time. 

Hmm,i must say i'm quite generous in genre as i like romance/comedy/fantasy/thriller/horror/historic/s-fi jjaja...I think it depends more of the mood i find myself in at that point and what synopsis catches my eye...This days i'm into fantasy a lot...

• 10 months later...

I like the genres of historical romance and multiverse time traveling common in fanfictions. In multiverse time traveling, the protagonist usually has to complete a mission to succeed/advance to the next alternate universe or else failure warrants instantaneous death.

• SC2019 locked this topic

Archived