[Short films 2019] Persona - Netflix

Joseph Lim

Judging by the descriptions, it should be a powerful dorama. Especially, the story about IU and her father was intrigued. But the story, which they called horror, is also interested.

I am sure that in each of the short-length dramas there will be interesting, dramatic moments and morals.:rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:
@squaredname You are right! There will be more to Persona with different actors and directors in the future! From the last paragraph of Kpop Herald.

Just as I hoped! The project sounds so promising that it would be a shame to limit it to 4 short stories, it could easily become the foundation for so many upcoming and acclaimed directors/actors to showcase there talent. It's also really promising that Yoon Jong-shin was inspired by Black Mirror which would compliment an overall vision of having acclaimed talent joining the project in future stories.

April actually feels much further away all of a sudden. :blink:

Also Lim do we know what the overall run-time is per story?

10 hours ago, squaredname said:

Also Lim do we know what the overall run-time is per story?

~90min so each story is about ~20min maybe. I guess it is like 1 anime episode if you watch anime ;) I don't have experience with short film so this will be my first time watching one:D

• Guest changed the title to [Short films 2019] Persona - Netflix

It's finally out! I only had time to watch two episodes but I'll certainly finish the last two tonight. I watched Love Set and Kiss Burn, both very tonally distinct yet charmingly explore their respective themes. Love Set is more open to interpretation and not much context is provided but still finds a way to express itself and it's core ideas. Kiss Burn was the short I was looking forward to the most and I think it delivers on every scene! I loved it. Jeon Go Woon directs this so well that it feels absolutely complete yet leaves you gasping for more. It's a revenge story that's so satire it's hard not to laugh by the end. 

So far I'm loving the entire presentation of it all. All the way to the Persona logo and it's static sound effect to give off a very vintage vibe. I just wish the episodes were longer or there were more short stories in the collection. 

i just finish watching all four episodes of persona... and i dont really understand the stories. its kinda random yet i believe that each story has a hidden meaning. i tiptoed a bit on collector and walking at night but not on the other two. im very lost with the meaning behind love set... if anyone has their thoughts please mention me!! i would love to know your opinions. 

depised the confusion, i love the cinematography and mood of each episode. IU is extremely beautiful and i can see her acting getting better and better:wub:

On 4/12/2019 at 10:16 AM, greezlybee said:

i just finish watching all four episodes of persona... and i dont really understand the stories. its kinda random yet i believe that each story has a hidden meaning. i tiptoed a bit on collector and walking at night but not on the other two. im very lost with the meaning behind love set... if anyone has their thoughts please mention me!! i would love to know your opinions. 

depised the confusion, i love the cinematography and mood of each episode. IU is extremely beautiful and i can see her acting getting better and better:wub:

¡SPOILER ALERT!

Hi! When I saw Love Set for the first time, I felt some kind of sexual tension during the short. And after discussing with some people we came to the conclusion that maybe the Tennis match between the two characters is not just that, it's a kind of fight between lovers. That is, the characters of Bae Doona and IU were in an intimate relationship and now the IU character does not want Doona to marry with her father. There are many clues during the short (IU eating plums, the looks of Bae Doona, even the sounds during the game, the gesture of Doona when she gives the ball to IU). It's just a theory, but after discussing it and seeing Love Set once again everything makes sense.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:16 PM, greezlybee said:

Spoiler

Archived