[Short films 2019] Persona - Netflix

Joseph Lim

On 4/13/2019 at 5:00 PM, AlexandraID said:

¡SPOILER ALERT!

Hi! When I saw Love Set for the first time, I felt some kind of sexual tension during the short. And after discussing with some people we came to the conclusion that maybe the Tennis match between the two characters is not just that, it's a kind of fight between lovers. That is, the characters of Bae Doona and IU were in an intimate relationship and now the IU character does not want Doona to marry with her father. There are many clues during the short (IU eating plums, the looks of Bae Doona, even the sounds during the game, the gesture of Doona when she gives the ball to IU). It's just a theory, but after discussing it and seeing Love Set once again everything makes sense.

I actually felt the same thing! At first, I thought that IU was jealous when she watched her 'lover' have a tennis match with another woman (the sound they produce while playing is actually meant for another thing lol). But then she called him dad and I was like "what?". Then the women starts to play and produce the same sound hmm (not to mention the scene of flying skirt and sweaty body and everything kinda sexual), my "what?" became louder haha. The thought of the two girls are the real lovers didn't occur to me so thanks for the insight! I'm going to rewatch love set again:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/16/2019 at 9:18 AM, greezlybee said:

I actually felt the same thing! At first, I thought that IU was jealous when she watched her 'lover' have a tennis match with another woman (the sound they produce while playing is actually meant for another thing lol). But then she called him dad and I was like "what?". Then the women starts to play and produce the same sound hmm (not to mention the scene of flying skirt and sweaty body and everything kinda sexual), my "what?" became louder haha. The thought of the two girls are the real lovers didn't occur to me so thanks for the insight! I'm going to rewatch love set again:D

Enjoy it! After reading that theory and seeing the film again I was really amazed by the way in which the director gives us a story without the need for many dialogues. Love Set became my favorite of the four shorts. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This is the only IU starring show that I did not finish. Hotel del Luna is my favorite IU drama and The Producer was not too bad either but I found Persona a bit weird for my taste especially after watching the second short film. 

On 1/30/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bojun said:

This is the only IU starring show that I did not finish. Hotel del Luna is my favorite IU drama and The Producer was not too bad either but I found Persona a bit weird for my taste especially after watching the second short film. 

You finish Bel Ami ("Pretty Man")?

I agree that the 1st two part are weird but the last two are fine. You especially need to give the last one a try cause of the message of the show. It touch IU so much that she work of the director to write her song base on that for her last ablum Love poem.

Archived