[drama 2006] Dae Jo Young 대조영

Guest pinklegirl007

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've battled the dust, cockroaches, poorly structured essays and the phone company BUT I"M STILL NOT READY FOR TONIGHT'S EPISODES. :(

I wish I wasn't such a wimp. But unfortunately there's no going back now so I'm going to gear myself up, naturally with a cuppa, and maybe a teddy or two, and do battle with DJY and the Tang.

Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. Thanks goodness his friends are with him. I couldn't bear to think of him all alone in enemy territory.

ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!

Let's see how the 3 musketeers get out of this one. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

RAINA, can't help you with 126. I'm still catching up but I'm sure someone will help soon.

Guest koreanwavenyc1

will someone be kind enough and post updates? epi 126? (epi 125 was already mentioned)....Thanks!

go to www.deiner.proboards48.com and click on the DJY Topic. You should see the SPOILERS thread and click on that to get the summary for eps. 126....

I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG!

IDIOT, Aussie. Talk about not thinking through the question properly.

LI WEN IS A B......! He's a cowardly, mean-spirited, egotistical man who use humiliation and cruelty to proclaim his victory, rather than respect and honour. Talk about an ungracious 'winner'. I was so filled with anger initially but as the episode continued and the cruelties multiiplied I suddenly reaslised that in fact this will strengthen our Jo Young ah. For he knows better than anyone the maxin,'what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.'

LW you have won this round but when I see the look of determination in DJY's eyes, I know that in the end, you will be dust in the wind and he will be victorious. Not yet, but in the long run, his strength, both physical and mental will prevail. And as for his heart, I ache for his loyalty to his king and his people, and that more that any other factor, will defeat you LW, b/c you only think of yourself.

I realise now, at least Xue Regui would have shown some respect for DJY. We've seen that on a number of occasions previously and clearly he was shocked to see DJY being treated so badly. Even YHG and CL appeared to be shocked with JY's treatment and for a moment there, I thought I was caught up in a time warp but then the sickening SH gave one of his slimy little smiles and I knew I wasn't dreaming and my Jo Young ah was suffering the torments of hell.

But at least, I can go now. Jo Young, Gulsabiwu, Heuk Sudol and Mimosa haven't stopped fighting and neither will I.

DJY AJA! AJA!

LI WEN, you scum, you slimy piece of trash. I thought that Ki won and Sa Bugu had set impossible levels of outrageous and disgusting behaviour BUT YOU ARE EVEN SURPASSING THEM. Great show man! Revengeful, sadistic, contemptuous excuse for a man. And your underlings. No better. It must be so difficult to whip a man when his feet are bleeding and his body is broken and oh yes, he's been starved for days on end. I hold my hat out to you. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :crazy::crazy:

How much does my Jo Young ah have to endure? When will it end? My heart can't take much more of this.

I know there is hope. I know Jung Sang, Mimosa, Gulsabiwu and even -surprise, surprise, Commander Go Sagae- are all working behind the scenes to rescue you, but right now it all seems hopeless and I wonder how your poor body can keep on going.

And as for Chu Lin, I feel as if we've lost her now. That spark of independence and fiestiness that so defined her is gone now, and all I see is a shadow of herself. It hurts me to see it but I can't help thinking she's made her own choice and I have very little pity for her. Maybe things will change later on but right now, I can't see anything left of the love she and DJY once shared. Mind you in view of everything that's recently happened their brief time together now seems light years away.

I'm off to download thanks to a good friend and maybe, just maybe, one more episode.

DJY, HWAITING ALWAYS!

Guest caytregia1

This is written by Chocopie in the Chicago Dramas Club.

Lee Mun 10000 cavalry arrive at the bottom of the hill from Cheol Mool Young. DJY and Mimosa decides to send a blocking force to delay Lee Mun until they can turn Cheol Mool Young into another Gui Boo San ... the time when DJY was imprisoned by Tang and he survived by setting up traps and arming the prisoners from various nations with sharpened bamboo sticks during the human hunt by Lee Mun. They ask the craftsmen of different nationality to stay with DJY's army at Cheol Mool Young to create traps and ambushes. Gulsabiwu and Geumlan volunteer to command the 5000 strong blocking force. Geumlan has a farewell drink with Mimosa but is later upset thinking that Mimosa did not understand her feelings. However, as Gulsabiwu and Geumlan gets ready to leave, Mimosa tells Gulsabiwu that Geumlan no longer belongs to him but to Gulsabiwu.

As soon as Lee Mun gets report of DJY's people starting to move out to Cheol Mool Young, he sends his army in. They are ambushed by Gulsabiwu as planned by Mimosa. DJY's people hear distant sounds of horse hooves and battle but Mimosa tells DJY to continue moving and pay no attention to the battle below them.

DJY and his people finally arrive at Cheol Mool Young and meets up with Dae Joong Sang. DJY tells Dae Joong Sang about the initial victory by Gulsabiwu at the ambush. They start the work on building traps and ambushes in Cheol Mool Young.

Ministers reports to Chook Cheon about DJY reaching Cheol Mool Young. She is quite upset about how DJY reached Cheol Mool Young inspite of the huge Tang army in pursuit. Chook Cheon ask for more troops to aid Lee Hae Go but is told that there isn't any troops to send there.

At Lee Mun's camp, Tang casualties are considerable. Lee Mun is pissed off that he cannot get passed Gulsabiwu and Geumlan. He wants at least Gulsabiwu's head before Lee Hae Go arrives.

At Gulsabiwu's camp, Geumlan is tending her wound on her shoulder. Gulsabiwu comes over to offer medicine and tells her that sword scars last a lifetime so if he were to die first, to remember him by it. Geumlan is concerned that over half their troops are dead. Gulsabiwu tells her that they cannot retreat until DJY orders them to retreat.

At DJY's camp, they are happy that most of the traps have been completed. However, they receive words that Lee Hae Go's main force have arrived. DJY is shocked that Lee Hae Go's force is over 200,000. He sends messengers to tells Gulsabiwu and Geumlan to retreat.

Back at Lee Mun's camp, Lee Hae Go arrives and demands to know why there is so many wounded Tang soldiers at the camp. They receive words that Gulsabiwu had retreated. Lee Hae Go decides to sent scouts to find out what is going on at DJY's camp.

Gulsabiwu and Geumlan arrive back at DJY's camp. They decide that there is only three places where the Tang army can pass through. One passage is given to Gulsabiwu and Geumlan; another to Toong So and Ma Pa. DJY gives Khitan the other passage. Mimosa protest immediately but Chulin tells him that there is no reason why she cannot fight Lee Hae Go. The craftmen are told to leave with Master Jang. DJY and Dae Joong Sang have a private conversation. DJS is worried but DJY tells him that the winter is near and they can defeat Tang with cold and hunger.

Seol In Gui's supply party is stopping for that night and find out that Hong Pae has the plague and Seol In Gui is told that Hong Pae should be killed and buried to prevent the spread of the disease. Hong Pae rides in a basic oxen driven cart but does not understand that he is being isolated.

Back at DJY's camp, Dan reports that the Tang army is ready to start their attack. Mimosa urges DJY to send the signal.

At Lee Hae Go's camp, Lee Hae Go divides out the army into several divisions and readies for battle.

DJY sends to signal fire arrow and gets ready for the huge battle.

Ep 127 preview show a lot of battles ... it looks like Gulsabiwu is in trouble and Chulin and Goem confronts Lee Hae Go and Chulin is wounded. Many Tang troops fall to the prepared traps. Lee Hae Go vowed to Seol In Gui that he can finish off Cheol Mool Young in three days...

So I'm running out of adjectives to describe Li Wen, although the word sadistic is at the top of the list!

I think I'll just go with B......! B......! B......!

SPOILERS! BEWARE!

If you don't beat DJY you will die.

No good. Heuk Sudol is too loyal and would rather die.

OK, then.

If you don't beat DJY... he will die.

And so, we have this unbearable scene where our devoted HK is forced to beat the living crap out of our DJY. Oh, LW, I hope you realise that the only person this denigrates is you. You are the low-life, you are the animal. Not our loyal HK who wept with every blow as it fell.

And then another amazing scene of loyalty to our Jo Young ah as Gul begs Jung Sang to allow him to go and die with JY. But what was even more amazing were the wonderful words JS said to our Gul, namely, that he too, was like a son to him and he couldn't bear to lose another son. Incredibly moving stuff and streams of tears for me.

I must confess as I watch the scenes at the prison camp I wonder at the depths to which mankind can fall. It always sickens me to see human beings treating one another harshly, as if they were animals, and I wonder what it is inside of us that makes us so cruel, so sadistic. Of course the answers to these questions reuqire lifetimes of study but I always pray that If ever I was in such a situation I would still hold onto my humanity.

Mind you, I loved the good ole punch up at the start of 72. I felt like I was in a good old fashioned western and the whole bar had just erupted. And when our Gul turned up, yet again to save the day, I wept again, rejoicing in the bonds of friendship, devotion and love these 3 comrades share.

However, of all the scenes in episode 72 that took my fancy, it was the meeting b/w Xue Reui and Jang Sung that most affected me. I couldn't believe it when JS went down on his knees to beg for JY's life and you could see the shock and embarrassment for XR also. I could just imagine him thinking, you want me to save this young man who I've just spent the last 6 months or so, chasing down. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But our XR has a big heart and as he too went down on his knees and wiped the tears from JS's face I was in awe of this incredibly complex man who can be so ruthless on occasion and yet such a softie on others. This is why I can't hate you XR. Deep down inside you follow the warrior's code and when the moment is appropriate you do act with honour.

A magnificent scene b/w 2 old warriors and one I will not forget for a very long time.

Oh, Oh, a bimbo moment. I know DJY has had it rough for the last 4 episodes BUT I have to say he looks really good with his hair down and that fringe over his eyes. I now, I know, shoot me. But I've always loved a man with long hair. I mean think of Brad Pitt and Legends of the Falls. Need I say more! ;);)

Ok, it's time for DJY's loyalty to be tested. But honestly what a pointless exercise. Of ocurse, we all know he would willingly give his life for the king's. I mean what else does he have to go through to prove it. IDIOTS!

THOUGHTS.

I know it's a fundamental premise of Korean drama that your first love is forever. And that idea certainly appeals to my oh so romantic heart. Part of the reason why my heart ached so much during Emperor of the Sea was the unrequited and profound love of Jang Bo Go and Jung Hwa. However as I've grown older I've come to realise that sometimes that first love just wasn't meant to be and maybe, just maybe, there might be another love out there. Of course it won't be the same. But it can be just as real, just as deep, and just as strong, and when I see Jo Young ah and Sok Young together I feel this. I remember Sok- Young when we first saw her and how flighty and irresponsible she was. Now I see a young woman who has strength, courage, encouragement and love to give and unlike many other dramas I will not regret this marriage. They have been through so much together now. They have grown to appreciate one another and I believe that together they will form a mighty force and will inspire those around them.

As Jo Young said, they need to wait a little but soon, soon, their time will come and I will rejoice in the joining of these two amazing people. :)

Guest pssrby2005

roaceica, youtube actually has all the episodes raw. Search DJY. For English subbed ones of medium quality, you could dl from here.

http://www.kbfd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t...f8feebb4e1e73cc

aussie, you had better enjoy these few moments of DJY's beauty in long hair. When I watched that episode, I flipped because it reminded me of Emperor of the Sea and even better!!! But nay, it would be shortlived for you would never see him again as pretty as those few glimpses. Screencap it and put it on your desktop. You'll never want to meet another slave other than DJY again!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

I'm now onto ep 111 and for some reason, DJY has less and less screentime in the last couple of episodes. But he has continued to lost weight and looking very pretty!

AUSSSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I have not watched the episodes you have but I just can't help lapping up what you wrote and feel like killing that LI WEN you were talking about OH Just Let Me AT em!!!! You grab his neck, someone else his legs and let me give him a big KICK at his B_LL_ ! OMOOOMOMO !!!

OH it's so exciting where we are left in KBSWORLD in Malaysia! SPOILERS Episode : ?? 122 ? Geom leads his Khitan people under

DJY to fight the Tangs led by his father Li Kaigu!!

Geom is splendid! LOVE him!

But this weekend at 8.30 p.m. Malaysian time I have an engagement can't watch the episode on Saturday SOBs!!! Geom you act as you do, stick with DJY, show him what you are made of!!!

Like father like son!!

AJA Hwaiting!!!!!

Thanks Chocopie for the summary and Caytregia1 for posting Chocopie's summary!!! Wow how you gals/guys get so accurate hoh with all the description and happenings, how you do it always amazes me!! Dramaok is another one in the likes!! Javabeans too....gosh we so need to rely on you awesome folks! Kamsahamidah!!

Guest rainy75

AUSSSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I have not watched the episodes you have but I just can't help lapping up what you wrote and feel like killing that LI WEN you were talking about OH Just Let Me AT em!!!! You grab his neck, someone else his legs and let me give him a big KICK at his B_LL_ ! OMOOOMOMO !!!

OH it's so exciting where we are left in KBSWORLD in Malaysia! SPOILERS Episode : ?? 122 ? Geom leads his Khitan people under

DJY to fight the Tangs led by his father Li Kaigu!!

Geom is splendid! LOVE him!

But this weekend at 8.30 p.m. Malaysian time I have an engagement can't watch the episode on Saturday SOBs!!! Geom you act as you do, stick with DJY, show him what you are made of!!!

Like father like son!!

AJA Hwaiting!!!!!

Thanks Chocopie for the summary and Caytregia1 for posting Chocopie's summary!!! Wow how you gals/guys get so accurate hoh with all the description and happenings, how you do it always amazes me!! Dramaok is another one in the likes!! Javabeans too....gosh we so need to rely on you awesome folks! Kamsahamidah!!

teileen,

if u missed it, u can catch the repeat the following Friday night aka Sat early morning at 3-5am.

That's what i do if i missed Sat's epi.. drag myself up to watch but i missed 1 epy last wk. Couldnt wake up.

The ones available for e-subs dl from kbfd rip from kbsworld, i believe have alot more snipped off than what we are seeing in Asia's KBSworld. Not sure why ... I believe KBSworld broadcasting in Asia is only abt 4 /6 episodes behind KBS1.

TEILEEN, you're on. We need to take action...NOW!

Just when I think LW can't stoop any lower he arranges a 'hunt', but guess what, it's not animals we're killing BUT...PEOPLE, HELPLESS SLAVES, WHO HAVE NOTHING BUT THE CLOTHES ON THEIR BACK TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh you brave men, riding on your horses, and slashing at any helpless slave that happens to get caught underfoot. Magnificent work! Positively brilliant!

Honestly, are there no limits to your depravity.

MALEVOLENT, MALICIOUS, VICIOUS, VINDICTIVE, DEPRAVED, DEGENERATE LI WEN. YOU WILL PAY. HAVE NO FEAR. VENGEANCE IS COMING AND ITS NAME IS DAE JO YOUNG.

( I love how K drama forces me to the Thesaurus again and again to search for suitable adjectives. Who says K drama isn't educational? :lol: )

But finally there is hope. The final scenes of episode 74 are magnificent -I've only watched them 10 times now- and to see DJY, Gul and HK side by side and kicking the enemies b... reminds me that we must never give up hope and together everything is possible.

And let's not forget the support staff in the background, namely, Jang Sung, Mimosa and surprise, surprise, Chu Lin.

DJY HWAITING! HWAITING!

What can I say?

PAYBACK IS A B..CH, AIN'T IT LI WEN?

I haven't enjoyed an episode this much since the death of that sleaze bucket, Ki won.

Talk about being out classed, out manouevered and out fought. Humiliations galore, hey Li Wen. No wonder you want to die. I don't believe this is going to look too good on your resume. The sight of you hanging upside down from that tree was music to my heart and tonight for the first time in ages I will hit the pillow soundly and stop worrying so much about my Jo Young ah.

I must confess I'm in awe of DJY's battle field skills and guerilla tactics. They're absolutely magnificent. But more than that I love how he cares for his men, and how he never holds himself above them but is always willing to work alongside them. To me these are the signs of a great leader and it's no wonder he's turned the whole prison camp into his own private army. Way to go DJY!

As for the court politics they drive me insane and the thought comes to me that if only the leaders would put that much time and effort into governing, how much better would the country run.

But you know what, even for all the glorious revenge that was visited in this episode, my favourite moment was the meeting in the evening b/w JY ah and his father. I love these two together. They've missed out on so much time together and since their reunion, both of them have had to fight for their lives again and again. But what this means is that when they do meet, there is such love, such appreciation for the other person, that these moments can sustain them during all their separations. Our Jo Young ah is humbled at his father's gifts, both of the food and his father's request of Xue Regui, and I love how his tears fell as he ate his food. Truly a very special relationship.

And as for tthose cheekbones of our JY ah, can they be any more defined? Oh my, he looks great! As you said PSSRBY2005, it will be hard to find a better looking slave!

I still struggle at times to come to terms with the difference b/w Choi Su Jong and DJY. In real life, CSJ seems such a humble, gentle and goofy person and I am amazed at his strong portrayal of DJY. His acting in this series is simply excellent.

Ah, it's a good night and I think its time to hit the sack and dream of scum bucket Li Wen hanging from his tree.

P. S. Can someone help me? I know the American subs say Li Wen but when I listen it seems to be Yi Mun. Which is the right spelling?

SPOILERS. BEWARE!

A relatively quiet night tongiht, compared to all the tension of the last 20 episodes. I must confess I almost dropped dead when DJY swore allegiance to the Empress. After all, he's only been battling the Tang for ALMOST 60 EPISODES! But now, I'm beginning to perceive the plan behind this seemingly impossible step and my fears have been allayed.

The highlight of my viewing tonight was when Heuk Sudol got down on his hands and knees for SK's lady in waiting to get onto her horse and I laughed out loud at the look of delight on both Gul's and DJY's faces. A lovely moment and so nice to be laughing for once, instead of on the edge of my seat.

I will edit this post tomorrow with some more thoughts but right now it's time to crash. Way too much drama lately!

SPOILERS AS ALWAYS!

The last few episodes have been GREAT!

Finally our baby Dae Jo Young has grown up and guess what ? HE'S JUST LIKE HIS DAD!

Oh, I am loving it. The same unflinching stare, the same courage and determination, the same profound care for his people, the same perceptiveness and deep sense of morality. It's like going back to the very beginning of the story and seeing our DJY again. Just like his father, he's prepared to speak his mind and he too, will not hesitate to go where angels fear to tread. You go Goem!

Goem, you light up my day and when you knelt before DJY to plead for your people, I felt as if I was looking at a mirror image of your father.

It would appear that Yi Mun's temper and arrogance haven't eased over the years and I just love the way he treats his 'friends'. Even though Khan has sided with the Tang for so long it still gave me no pleasure to see him being tortured and yet again, that piece of scum, YM, showed his true colours. (BTW, I just how love how you can be totally disgraced and yet rise to all these incredible positions of power. RIGHT!)

Oh, oh, the bickering b/w Heuk Sudol and Gaepilsamun is a blast to watch and I can just imagine DJY wanting to hit their heads together time and time again. Ah, but it's so good to have some humour in b/w all the unfolding dramas.

And then there was the most amazing look that our Jo Young ah gave to Chu Lin, after the rescue. It was as if he had gone back in time when they first fell in love, and so often b/c of their conflicting sides, it was only through his eyes, he could tell her of his love. I almost fell off the couch with the intensity of the look and for just a moment it was 20 years ago and Chu Lin had said she wanted to spend the rest of her life with JY ah. But there is a change in Chu Lin now towards JY and it's as if she's stopped being so prickly and defensive around him. It's as if she's allowing her heart to remember the love they shared all those years ago.

It was just a moment but for me a very welcome one b/c it eases the pain of their lost love. It reminds me that what they felt wasn't a dream. Their love was real. It's just that the all the circumstances surrounding them were wrong.

Memorable viewing tonight. It's such a treat to see Dae Jo Young and his son together. They really are two peas from the same pod. Thank you Mr Script Writers. Thank you.

DAE JO YOUNG!

DAE JO YOUNG!

DAE JO YOUNG!

DAE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOUNG!

I've lost count of how many times I've heard Xue Regui or Yi Wen say it ...

but I never get tired of hearing it b/c it means yet again our Jo Young ah is wreaking havoc with their plans. Oh yeah!

But there's a new voice starting to come through, namely, Goem, and I can't wait until Yi Wen realises there's another DJY and he's just as bright, just as innovative and just as determined to do what's best for his people. Oh Li Wen, you are in such big trouble! Suffer!

But honestly, Yi Wen, I don't even know why you're still trying to defeat Dae Jo Young in battle. I mean you lose every time, and he just heaps more humiliations on you. Personally I'd quit while I was ahead, you know, while you still have some skin on your back!

Of all the battle scenes I've watched tonight my favourites were firstly, Goem battling with his grandfather against the Tang and secondly, Goem and DJY making their stand against the Tang. It's as if the family is coming together without even being aware of it and I long for the day when the truth is revealed and Goem can know his true heritage.The most amazing thing was watching Goem and DJY fighting side by side and back to back, and marvelling at how even their fighting styles are similar. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love these two together!

I love Khan's open apprecation of DJY and all the assistance that he's given the Georan people and it was so wonderful to see them together the night after the battle, reminiscing about the time Khan spared DJY's life and the fact that now it is DJY helping Khan. Wonderful irony and it's fascinating to see that we don't have to hold onto our prejudices and if we are willing to grow, we can see one another in a different light. I do love this developing relationship.

Of course Yi Hae-Go is none too happy with what's happening but that doesn't worry me and I love seeing him on the back foot, and struggling to hold onto his established position as top warrior.

Perhaps though, I shouldn't gloat too soon b/c a man that jealous just might take serious action later on. Oh, please, God. No! Please let there be limits to the burning jaelousy of YHG. Please!

I will finish off on a light note. I thought the entrance of DJY's second son was right in style with his father. He was tied up, his hair and clothes were askew and he was begging to be allowed to fight. Talk about another pea in the pod! DJY and his sons truly make an awesome team!

I will be back at the end of next week as I'm going away for a few days. I will still keep watching and I hope that by next weekend I will be up to date and able to watch live.

DJY AJA! AJA!

PRIDEA, I'm afraid I don't have any torrent links. I'm watching through youtube and for the later epsiodes, through clubbox. Sorry.

Archived