Love Chinese Dramas? Write for Soompi!

kokoberry

Hello, Soompiers! We are currently looking for talented and creative people to join the Soompi team!

Chinese/Taiwanese/Hong Kong Drama Features Writer

As a Soompi features writer, you will be able to work from home under a flexible work schedule. The position is paid.

Requirements:

– Passionate and has depth of knowledge on Chinese, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong dramas and entertainment
– Strong command of English grammar
– Ability to write fun and engaging content
– Ability to present thoughts and arguments in an organized manner
– Strong communication skills
– Organized, proactive, and dedicated
– Chinese listening ability is preferred, but not necessary

To apply, please send a resume, a cover letter, a list of 3-4 varying original feature article topics (in the form of article titles), and a 500-word (minimum, can be longer) review of a Chinese, Taiwanese, and/or Hong Kong drama. The article must demonstrate your personality and writing style. Please submit them in Word or PDF format.

Please send your application to jobs@soompi.com with [Chinese Drama Features Writer] as the subject line.

We will take applications as they arrive, and you can apply from anywhere in the world! The deadline for applications is Friday, March 1, 2019.

For more job opportunities at Soompi, check out our Jobs page.

• Guest pinned this topic

Hi, kokoberry! Thank you for this awesome and exciting opportunity! I would love to write and produce content for Chinese dramas, but I don't think I meet all of the qualifications, and I haven't written drama reviews/articles before. However, I've always been the silent lurker who enjoyed reading the reviews and analysis that people have made for dramas. Aside from this opportunity, does Soompi have volunteer options where we can help create content/write reviews for dramas?  

On 3/4/2019 at 1:37 AM, ayang23 said:

Hi, kokoberry! Thank you for this awesome and exciting opportunity! I would love to write and produce content for Chinese dramas, but I don't think I meet all of the qualifications, and I haven't written drama reviews/articles before. However, I've always been the silent lurker who enjoyed reading the reviews and analysis that people have made for dramas. Aside from this opportunity, does Soompi have volunteer options where we can help create content/write reviews for dramas?  

Hi ayang23! Thank you for your interest. We currently do not have other volunteer options available.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:47 PM, angelangie said:

@Sooyun Ahgase i have check with the editorial team.....u can send them as you go....im sure they will sure accept any application...

oh, I saw the deadline is like March 1st, so it was over already. I'm busy with the program and a course online, so haven't started on anything. Hopefully, when the program and course are done, I will have more time to write and submit if they still accept it. :D

On 3/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, britofrito95 said:

Do you only get back to shortlisted candidates or will we get a response if the application was unsuccessful? Thanks!

We try to get back to all applicants :)

On 3/7/2019 at 11:59 AM, Yanyee Laiu said:

Hi! When will the application results be out? Thank you :)

The results will be out in a few weeks' time.

• 9 months later...
  • Guest unpinned this topic

Archived