[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest Sparkly_Chic

:lol: I have to admit that it's hard to tell what CJW is saying sometimes when she's speaking English....especially the part in Ep. 1 when she's walking off the airplane, and that foreign guy was telling her that if he doesn't have a girlfriend, he would date her... and her reply "It's too bad" or something along those lines, was really hard to tell. I had to watch the scene several times before I know what she's saying. She seems to have trouble pronoucning those 'r'?

OH well, I give her props for trying.

Guest kyotoji

:lol: I have to admit that it's hard to tell what CJW is saying sometimes when she's speaking English....especially the part in Ep. 1 when she's walking off the airplane, and that foreign guy was telling her that if he doesn't have a girlfriend, he would date her... and her reply "It's too bad" or something along those lines, was really hard to tell. I had to watch the scene several times before I know what she's saying. She seems to have trouble pronoucning those 'r'?

hahahaha...

i relied those korean subs that is displayed on the screen to get what she is talking...

o man, i told my friend on this... and she laugh at me...

saying - "someone who knows english, depends on korean subs to get what she is saying, this is so contradicting meh"

p/s : any1 here experienced this before when posting? i am writing quite a long post with screen caps earlier... but then suddenly the page just wont allow me to preview and then it came up with a message page saying "page unable to find"...

arghhh... i am so *angry* at that time of point.

I have to re-write and re-post again... but i will do so when i reach home later, i suppose...

Guest andrewujin

thanks WITHS2 for the subs...

actually as i was watching air city,.. i feel more and more than if KJS can't forget about MW then HDK should just forget about him too.. its getting to me a bit in that KJS like wants to go after HDK and yet still want to cling on to MW...

Guest ellabel

I'm trying to catch up with everybody here, and boy.. it's pretty challenging when you have work and school and other million things to watch and obsess about :sweatingbullets:. But I'm getting there!

I first started watching this drama without any prior inclination towards any of the leading actors. I wasn't familiar with the works of Lee Jung Jae; I only watched a few episodes of Stairway in Heaven and decided to move away from the sappy drama before Choi JiWoo even appeared on the screen; and the same case for Lee Jin Wook and that other lady (I'm only kidding, Moon Jung Hee-shi...). So, my (non-related) current admiration obsession over Lee Jung Jae is strictly the side effect of Air City, and of course, you ladies' not-so-hidden crush on him that takes form of a massive flooding in his thread. But that aside, I believe my next rambling is coming from an unbiased viewer, mainly interested in watching a good quality drama and performances from the actors.

Now, I'm fully aware that I may get some slaps after making my next statement, so I'll apology beforehand, no bashing intended whatsoever. After watching the first couple episodes, I couldn't help but notice the significant discrepancy in character/actor power between LJJ/JS and CJW/DK. Pardon the confusion, but I still can't decide whether it's the writer's fault or the actor's. Let me elaborate my non-sensical point a little bit more. When I see DoKyung, I see a character that lacks a dash of spices; complexity; the RAWR factor; something that can make you feel attached to the character. Maybe it's the way the writer(s) describe her, and Choi Ji Woo is stuck with it. OR maybe JiWoo can't bring her all to expand DoKyung's character. OR, no-one-can-deny-that Choi Ji Woo is an excellent actress but when she's put alongside a high-caliber actor namely Mr. Lee Jung Jae, her star just slowly fading. Maybe it's just me, but to be bluntly honest, I find her rather dull here. Again, I don't necessarily meant Choi Ji Woo as an actor, it could also be Do Kyung -the character-. ~Oh gosh, that sounds harsher than what I was trying to say... *hides from the flying blades*

On the other hand, Lee Jung Jae brings just ALL that AND he takes it up another notch. Perhaps it's not even scripted.. perhaps what we see in JiSung is purely Lee Jung Jae's interpretation of his character. Or it could also be that the writer(s) are focusing more on giving JiSung a little bit more spirit than any of the other characters. Whatever it is, we all know that we're falling more and more for Ji Sung's hot-headedness, and that mysterious aura, mixed with his thousand emotions. Don't you just want to heal his broken heart when he gave you that sad stare even without uttering a single word? Do you see what I'm saying? JiSung brings all kind of emotions out of me, while DoKyung, well.. she's just there on the screen but not quite sipping into my heart (yet). At least HaJoon (Lee JinWook) is dead funny and hilarious so he already owns a piece of my <333.

Oh, a little bit more to add... When DoKyung teased JiSung by calling him Mr. Robert, all I could hear was "MR. ROBOT" :blink: . Okay, I understand that some english names are hard to pronounce, but wasn't she supposed to live overseas for years and mastered four foreign languages? Calling a stunner like JiSung/LJJ, a friggin robot, is just such a terrible terrible sin <_<.

Okay, now let me go back to my quiet and peaceful cave ~

Hahaha!!! I also heard that "Mr. Robot" and it did bring a chuckle but since I'm a CJW fan, I easily forgave her. :lol: Yeah, she was supposed to have studied different languages, CJW cud have memorized and shud have been coached on how to deliver her english lines. I agree with Shenny tho... "R" is a difficult letter to pronounce esp. to some Asians. Besides, I've been exposed to the other K-actors who are supposed to have even studied law in Harvard but when they deliver their dialogs... my eyes, nose and ears bled to death so I'm more tolerant now. :P:lol:

Anyway, just my thots on what you mentioned here. LJJ role has more "angst" than the other characters in the story. Imagine losing a partner/friend, feeling you cud have saved him had you come earlier and being dumped by your one true love without rhyme or reason. The range of emotions you can display with such premise can be challenging to an actor. And, LJJ, being a veteran and talented actor in the first place can deliver such role with finesse and aplomb. Not to mention that a hero role like his, a principled, stubborn hunk of a secret service agent who can expertly fight the goons and save any damsel-in-distress can be very appealing to women. So, I am not surprised that the dashing LJJ can get many ladies here swooning. With very little expectation since he is not very popular with K-drama watchers, we have no way but admire and drool over such namja. I think that's were LJJ's magic come from.

Regarding CJW's role, it wud have been great if her role has more spunk and pizzazz but i think the writer wants to show us a more matured and professional character and environment. HDG and KJS can engage in a lot of verbal tussles and swapping of opposite opinions to make their relationship/scenes more exciting but it's not the case. The way CJW tackles her role is more natural than cinematic. For those who have known her weepy, wailing roles in her past dramas will recognize the ingenuity of how she approaches her role as HDG in Air City. Controlled.. (The PD can choose which cheek her tear shud drop. :P ), subtle and slowly stirring. I agree that her character has not develop yet fully for us to sympathize with her but i think she's starting to build that up along with the series. Rather than being eclipsed by her co-stars, I believe that they complement each other making Air City an enjoyable watch.

Ok, this is just my take so no throwing of blades, nails, snowballs or whatever... *ducks just the same* :P:lol:

Guest ripgal

I'm trying to catch up with everybody here, and boy.. it's pretty challenging when you have work and school and other million things to watch and obsess about :sweatingbullets:. But I'm getting there!

I first started watching this drama without any prior inclination towards any of the leading actors. I wasn't familiar with the works of Lee Jung Jae; I only watched a few episodes of Stairway in Heaven and decided to move away from the sappy drama before Choi JiWoo even appeared on the screen; and the same case for Lee Jin Wook and that other lady (I'm only kidding, Moon Jung Hee-shi...). So, my (non-related) current admiration obsession over Lee Jung Jae is strictly the side effect of Air City, and of course, you ladies' not-so-hidden crush on him that takes form of a massive flooding in his thread. But that aside, I believe my next rambling is coming from an unbiased viewer, mainly interested in watching a good quality drama and performances from the actors.

Now, I'm fully aware that I may get some slaps after making my next statement, so I'll apology beforehand, no bashing intended whatsoever. After watching the first couple episodes, I couldn't help but notice the significant discrepancy in character/actor power between LJJ/JS and CJW/DK. Pardon the confusion, but I still can't decide whether it's the writer's fault or the actor's. Let me elaborate my non-sensical point a little bit more. When I see DoKyung, I see a character that lacks a dash of spices; complexity; the RAWR factor; something that can make you feel attached to the character. Maybe it's the way the writer(s) describe her, and Choi Ji Woo is stuck with it. OR maybe JiWoo can't bring her all to expand DoKyung's character. OR, no-one-can-deny-that Choi Ji Woo is an excellent actress but when she's put alongside a high-caliber actor namely Mr. Lee Jung Jae, her star just slowly fading. Maybe it's just me, but to be bluntly honest, I find her rather dull here. Again, I don't necessarily meant Choi Ji Woo as an actor, it could also be Do Kyung -the character-. ~Oh gosh, that sounds harsher than what I was trying to say... *hides from the flying blades*

On the other hand, Lee Jung Jae brings just ALL that AND he takes it up another notch. Perhaps it's not even scripted.. perhaps what we see in JiSung is purely Lee Jung Jae's interpretation of his character. Or it could also be that the writer(s) are focusing more on giving JiSung a little bit more spirit than any of the other characters. Whatever it is, we all know that we're falling more and more for Ji Sung's hot-headedness, and that mysterious aura, mixed with his thousand emotions. Don't you just want to heal his broken heart when he gave you that sad stare even without uttering a single word? Do you see what I'm saying? JiSung brings all kind of emotions out of me, while DoKyung, well.. she's just there on the screen but not quite sipping into my heart (yet). At least HaJoon (Lee JinWook) is dead funny and hilarious so he already owns a piece of my <333.

Oh, a little bit more to add... When DoKyung teased JiSung by calling him Mr. Robert, all I could hear was "MR. ROBOT" :blink: . Okay, I understand that some english names are hard to pronounce, but wasn't she supposed to live overseas for years and mastered four foreign languages? Calling a stunner like JiSung/LJJ, a friggin robot, is just such a terrible terrible sin <_<.

Okay, now let me go back to my quiet and peaceful cave ~

Opposing opinions are always welcomed in discussions. So don't worry, nobody will throw stones or shoot you! HAHA..XD

Anywayz, you've said all about LJJ as Ji Sung. And I agree with you, I don't have to reiterate. But about CJW, I beg to differ a bit. Yes, her character might come off as a boring and uninteresting one compared to Ji Sung, Ha Joon and even the spunky NIS agent. But I think it's the essence of her character. I'm not sure what the directors/writers had intended to bring out from her character DG. On the surface she is a strong and determined woman, trying to win the confidence and trusts of her colleagues; trying to make the best out of the most difficult situations; trying to act sassy and cool all the time. BUT the more I see of DG, I think she's just a normal person in guise (well not actually in guise...but something like that) of a strong person's outlook. In fact, she is just as vulnerable as any human being can be. She wants to be loved, she wants to hang out and have fun with her colleagues like Ha Joon, she wants to earn her superior's acknowledgement..etc. There are just simple things that she wants as a person, not as HDG. So I've never really considered her a complex character. BUT you mentioned the lack of spice and RAWR factor, I kinda concur. Cos compared to Ji Sung's problems (when you compared both), her problems are not as serious and mind-boggling as Ji Sung. So naturally her plights might not bring about a deeper attachment when you compare hers to Ji Sung's. Another side note, I also think they didn't want to make DG a really interesting person (in Ha Joon's and spunky NIS agent's sense) because the drama already has enough interesting characters to deal with. Ha Joon, the spunky NIS agent, DG's colleagues, the cleaning ahjummas and even both JS and DG's bosses and more. Maybe they just wanted to incorporate some balance into the drama, in which I think they've been doing a great job.

I really don't want compare LJJ and CJW tho. They're both known and accomplished actors each having creditable works in their hands. BUT if I really have to compare, I think LJJ prevails. In fact he prevails over a lot of actors and actresses when it comes to acting. However, I think CJW is a a great match for him. They compliment each other in terms of physique and their chemistry can make my tummy flutter. So I think it's better to just sit and enjoy what's to come in future. :D

Guest hanihash

Hi kyotoji! Agree with you I got it totally bad, AirCity addiction that is!!! Finally got to see my dramas. The relatives, being too young to share my fixation and have gone to watch Shrek 3 at the mall cinema! Teehee!! Only one internet connected computer in the house with a bunch of frenster addicts, what do you expect!!! War!!!

Anyway back to more important things, I'm wondering if the reason KJS loved Dr SMW is because, aside from the fact she is educated and capable, she looks so stable, down-to-earth, rational, non-threatening, pleasantly pretty and good wife material kind of way (loosely translated = "dull doormat") for the apparently conventional and old-fashioned KJS. Can imagine them settling down with a house and kids and all. How to compare her with HDG who is like whoaaa!! Like the guy doesn't know what hit him. HDG is way out of his league in the romance department obviously, so maybe that's why KJS is always staring at HDG. She's like no one he ever met before! He's drawn to her coz she's completely opposite to Dr SMW. With that haughty, go-ahead-make-my-day aloofness, he's just gotta take a closer look at HDG...can't blame the man!

Now I know what you mean about HKJ and that NIS lady agent IYW. He was so cute, that incredulous look when she started coming on to him. I must say she was somewhat subdued after the bar leak incident. Rather preferred her spunky and perky! Don't understand why the Airport boss kicked KJS! Loved his grimace though!! This LJJ/KJS is really growing on me! A man should look that good in shirtsleeves at my breakfast table. sigh! Eating cereal with a fork, gulping down his food at the airport canteen! Now that just goes to show he needs a good woman to show him the finer, gentler things in life. HDG curled her lips at his macho man act in the canteen. Dare he eat cornflakes with a fork in front of her??? I shudder at the thought!

Best line in Episode 5. "What was that? It's a bird!". Truly inspired!!!! Where'd they get the actor who played the pilot with the American accent! He wasn't too convincing really. He looks and sounds more like the mailman rather then a pilot honestly.

You know, that scene on the runway, when KJS tells HDG about the woman he onced loved. Don't you feel like it was a cry for help? I mean like he's caught in this corner between the past and the future, when he was a young man deeply in love and life was just wonderful (remember Episode 2) and the rather bitter and lonely man he is now. He can't see where he is going, losing his sense of direction in love??? HDG, help him!!! When they both revealed the most painful parts of their past that still haunted them, they moved a step closer to each other. They bonded! I'm with you on this ay_link.

End note, this episode left me with a deep impression of Incheon, the spectacular shots of the airport and the various aspects of its running of it gives me a deeper understanding of what goes on in an AirCity. They did a good job at that!

Hey, mangoicy. come out of your cave more often. You can really rip girl! Like that Mr Robot stuff. JW does have trouble with her R's but what the heck, us Jiwooans we'll lip read and still understand her! Episode 6, here I come!

Guest ylin

Anyway, just my thots on what you mentioned here. LJJ role has more "angst" than the other characters in the story. Imagine losing a partner/friend, feeling you cud have saved him had you come earlier and being dumped by your one true love without rhyme or reason. The range of emotions you can display with such premise can be challenging to an actor. And, LJJ, being a veteran and talented actor in the first place can deliver such role with finesse and aplomb. Not to mention that a hero role like his, a principled, stubborn hunk of a secret service agent who can expertly fight the goons and save any damsel-in-distress can be very appealing to women. So, I am not surprised that the dashing LJJ can get many ladies here swooning. With very little expectation since he is not very popular with K-drama watchers, we have no way but admire and drool over such namja. I think that's were LJJ's magic come from.

ella sis, you are right about the LJJ's magic. I watched him in II Mare and Typhoon, and I told myself "wow this guy is good". But now in Air City, I just wanted to say "this guy is really hot"

love the chemistry between this guy and JW...

he was funny when he gobbled his food in front of JW...

when he was trying to find out why the guy was hugging JW so tightly at the airport, you can feel the jealousy in his eyes

anyway, i just hope that the PD will not disappoint us - JS-DG shipper :D

p.s. i think almost all the Mr Lees are very hot :lol::lol::lol: ... u know wat i mean

Guest kyotoji

finally finished watching epi 6...

this episode is far much better than epi 5, i must say...

and ya, waiting for epi 7 eagerly now, cos i saw the ending preview seems to have quite a lot of thrilling and exciting scenes, and i am looking forward to what will happen to DG... poor one...

here are my thoughts/review/comments on epi 6.

and ya, it started with intense stares between DG and JS again... this time round, JS is the one who started off with the stares ... but DG just "ignores" it, practically due to the talk they have earlier and learnt that MW still lingers in JS's thoughts.

stealingstares1mx5.jpgstealingstares2ll8.jpg

stealingstares3pd5.jpg

liked this character. She is so daring, straightforward and looks cute/cheeky at certain times.

cheekyup3.jpgdaringqq9.jpg

And this disguise when she was to follow one of their "targets"...

funnydisguisegq8.jpg

But when she meet up with her chief, she was as timid as a mouse.

shocked1pq7.jpgshocked2ni7.jpg

MW's english quite good and fluent as compared to CJW (DG)'s. (no offence to CJW's fans here)

at least i do not need to refer to the korean sub displayed on the screen to get to know what she is saying. CJW's one - i really need to refer to the korean sub to understand what she is saying. My friend laugh at me, saying "U know english and yet you refer to korean subs to understand the english she is saying. U so weird hah."

enggood1bv6.jpg

Woo... now this guy, HJ now somehow melts my heart. :blush:

See this smile of him. Ahhhh... so cute... so sweet....

smilext2.jpg

And he is always so caring towards DG, this time he brought her coffee+break (i think so)

So sweet of him... ooo... the way he pass the food to DG...

gotsomethingsz2.jpg

And he is so cheerful and chirpy.. see how well he can work with his colleagues.

liked the way he sings, swaying around, singing with the lyrics with only repeated "nice to see you" when he saw the cars by-pass.

By the way, is there really such a koean song?

singing1pc9.jpgsinging2ke1.jpg

singing3jc0.jpg

This scene is one of my fav scene - romantic, isn't it?

Actually, i do find both of them matching. ;)

Woo... the right timing, the right atmosphere with night falling, stars appearing... but joined with other colleagues who are on the other end. *disappointed*

romantic1sn3.jpg

Romantic scenes continue the next day - with good weather.

See, HJ's hands slowly arming DG to him.

romantic2xp4.jpg

Sad one on this scene - "triangle-love" scene, i would call this scene.. and i have mixed feelings watching this scene. :huh:

Really sad to see DG so sad over here. And JS do find himself really in an awkward position... he feel so uncomfortable and uneasy with his loved one besides him.

But he still plucked up his courage to hand MW a drink.

trianglelove1qz0.jpgtrianglelove3ka0.jpg

trianglelove4ww2.jpgtrianglelove5md9.jpg

trianglelove6ry8.jpgtrianglelove7fv7.jpg

trianglelove8zs2.jpgtrianglelove9gy7.jpg

later, DG still so "good" to JS telling him that MW is now putting up at her place. She even wrote her address to him and ask him to look for her. I doubt i will do so lol... he's my MAN, off you go... hahaha :P

giveaddrur3.jpg

Must really "ku-do" to DG. :o

She can really wear high heels and walking around, stand up and squat down and do the painting herself hah.

I doubt i will be able to stand up after 5 mins.

heelsru0.jpg

And ooo... even the cleaner auntie is there to help out. They really have a good collegues-collegues relationship.

cleanerauntiexj7.jpg

Another scene that attracts me is the sisters scene.

YK went to meet her sis- DK and told her something like that "why are u drawing such a big drawing? A small one will do on the small paper. Do u know how old am i now". They broke into tears with YK ended off with a thanks. See how YK help to wipe the tears on DG's face.

OOO... such a warm-hearted scene. YK isn't that petty to be angry with her sis actually.

sisters2gz1.jpgsisters3er5.jpg

sisters4xi8.jpgsisters5nn4.jpg

Intense stares again - jealous, aren't he? - when he saw the hugging of DG and her Singaporean classmate (is he her ex, also? this one i cannot catch it). It is not just one stare. It's Multiple stares...

he has really been attracted to her without knowing.

jelousy1qy0.jpgjelousy2pp7.jpg

And woo... liked the last scene when JS and HJ runs to DG. I am betting on who will reach 1st to her.

hahaha... i am bad, arent I? And yes, that man - my manly Man is the 1st one to reach.

This one ended me off with a big question mark.

Her eyes are on who? I am so curious to know... but it just ended with that look...

Arghhh... who? who? who she needs comfort from?

eyesonwhovx1.jpg

Abit Off-topic from the story

Is this lady just a passer-by who dont know that they are doing the shoot? She seems abit funny in the way she comes into the scene.

passerby1pu9.jpgpasserby2et8.jpg

And i also found that this big work space is always empty... no1 except these actors and actresses... is a office level in airport, how can it be so empty?

noone1hv2.jpgnoone2cx1.jpg

I do find these 2 guys quite good-looking too...

handsomeyx7.jpghandsome1jg8.jpg

OOps... never realise that my post is so long.

Pls pardon me... and hope this is relevant thoughts/comments/reviews...

Guest The Conductor

Well at least she didn't come from Harvard university speaking like that. I think she did ok compare to some of the other English speakers have heard in Kdramas :lol:

Also I don't think KJS is confused about who to be with, so far in my opinion his relationship with HDG is more platonic than intimate, sure they have some moments together so did KHJ and HDG. I maybe the only one but I feel the chemistry in this drama is kinda reverse where I think HDG has more chemistry with KHJ and KJS has more chemistry with his ex gf so far, although all that can change later on.

I am also curious to see how kJS ex is going to fit in with with all that drug and spy stuff going on, I wonder if the producer is going to evolve her role inot something more than KJS ex who wants to win him back. Sorry to be on the opposite side of popular views but I am a fan of creativity and originality, I would like to see something new from this drama.

Guest ellabel

Agree ylin sis..... there are so many Lee's in Korea and many actor Lee's that are hawt but there are 2 particular Lee's that I know of that sizzle in my eyes as in scorching! :w00t:

Just watched bits and pieces of eps. 5 & 6 from Veoh.com. It was so slow, kept on freezing on me.. i almost gave up.

I'm just in the look out for those furtive meaningful glances that JS kept on throwing at DG.

Tho not much sweety scenes yet, the 2 leads chemistry is palpable on screen.

I feel sorry for HJ tho. He's such a nice gentleman. I'm willing to take him if DG wouldnt have him. :P

Looks like the series is heating up already and DG is again in trouble.

And who wud be there to the rescue except for the 2 hawt namjas on her side.

Cant wait to see the next eppies.

Guest ellabel

Well at least she didn't come from Harvard university speaking like that. I think she did ok compare to some of the other English speakers have heard in Kdramas :lol:

Also I don't think KJS is confused about who to be with, so far in my opinion his relationship with HDG is more platonic than intimate, sure they have some moments together so did KHJ and HDG. I maybe the only one but I feel the chemistry in this drama is kinda reverse where I think HDG has more chemistry with KHJ and KJS has more chemistry with his ex gf so far, although all that can change later on.

I am also curious to see how kJS ex is going to fit in with with all that drug and spy stuff going on, I wonder if the producer is going to evolve her role inot something more than KJS ex who wants to win him back. Sorry to be on the opposite side of popular views but I am a fan of creativity and originality, I would like to see something new from this drama.

Correct! Let's just pretend that CJW just speaks softly and fast and with a heavy slang that's why her english is quite funny.. or ok ....different. :P:lol:

Platonic wud be an understatement..... there were underlying current in the way they talk or just look at each other. I dont discount the fact tho that since they are the lead stars, we are kinda bias on who shud partner with who. Still, it's apparent that the writers are building their relationship slowly.

I understand that from the shown eppies, there's still that bit of nostalgia between the exes and there's also that thrill in seeing them interact, with the girl doing the "wooing" and the forsaken, hurt guy doing the unaffected arrogant stance.

I also agree tat i also see a certain amount of chemistry bet. DG and HJ. Who wouldnt fall for a sweet, caring, thoughtful guy like him? He actually complements DG's sometimes cold and upright demeanor. They do blend well and i dont think i will be hurt a lot if DG eventually choose HJ. Just like what i said about HJ..... i'm willing to take JS if DG is going to discard him. :P:lol:

kyotoji, i enjoyed reading your thots.... ans thanks for the SCs..... no irrelevant post here so dont worry...

Guest fendo

I noticed that a lot of the korean fans are very dissatisfaction with the script of AC till now~~~

they think the drama is unbalanced from the subject, and the first 6 eps is only emphasize an important point of the bureau of national informations ~

they want to watch more stories of the administration department of Airport~

perhaps this can explain why the rating of AC is not going up recently~

Guest hanihash

I'm watching Episode 6 while reading javabeans summary. The little rascals are back!! It's the school holidays in Malaysia you see. Gotta be quick before I have to fight for computer time. Sigh!

Now I see the jealous sparks flying!!! No wonder you guys were all excited about it. HDG can really pout eh! Eye's narrowed, nostrils flared, hackles raised, like a startled lioness who notices another female eyeing her man. This unexpected scene is bringing out the possessive side of her, more ice melting, another hint at what's really inside her heart. Is it love or just the female instinct to fight for what is hers. But she hasn't laid claim to him yet while her adversary is trying to reclaim what was once hers. Oooooo...the goosebumps when I see that glint in HDG's eyes. can almost hear her snarl and hisss!!! But outside the airport, she looked sad and her shoulders slumped suddenly and there is this wistful look in her eyes as she boards the bus. Hhhmmm.....hurt her more then she realised didn't it?

But what was she trying to prove when she asked KJS to go see SMW at her house? I'm thinking she's telling him indirectly to get a grip on his feelings for SMW. If the good doctor is the woman he loves, she's out of the picture arrachi? This is slick! What a way to go to be in total control. HDG rocks! She's telling KJS, if you are in two minds about it and your heart is still torn up living in the past, then don't mess with me. I'm not having any of it, geddit! You go girl!

That scene when HDG returns home to find the good doctor cooking breakfast and with a friendly smile in greeting. what can I say. There's that sad, pained look when she was washing her hands at the sink. Looking so far into the distance. What were her thoughts? She just told KHJ that she and KJS weren't that close enough for her to feel hurt. But her heart is telling her something else? Is the once cold, empty and almost forgotten recesses of her heart yearning for the love that KJS professed he had for this young woman cooking in her kitchen. A woman who fit the bill of the ideal housewife so much more than her? Ironic twist to this scene at the breakfast table.

So many questions after watching Episode 6. Lots of looking into the distance with flashbacks on conversations between KJS and HDG on his past love. That scene with KJS looking out the glass window is ditto the one earlier in Episode 3 with HDG. Each seem to have so much buried in the past. At least I know for sure that KJS is thinking about HDG, puzzled, perplexed and maybe wondering why she wanted him to go find SMW at her place. Come on KJS, wake up! Can't you see she's interested in you?

The best scene for me is when KJS was at the bedside of the bloke who swallowed the drugs. In walks Dr SMW, KJS sees her, she notices him but looks away and becomes all doctor like. KJS is, looking kinda out of sorts. Then in walks HDG, she's looking tough, chin up and all business-like. eyes spots KJS, face turns cold and looks away. Pow!!, two women turned their faces away from him. Double whammy!! Ouch!!! That must have hurt! But the doctor is in charge in this scene. KJS comes closer and checks the patients charts, they talk while HDG looks on with those watchful eyes of hers. Then she makes a face and walks out. KJS can't help himself, he notices her leave and the phone rings. they meet in the corridor. I'm thinking mobile phones are the best thing that ever happened in K-dramas. Bless 'em. I think HDG said something to KJS about chingu and sort of sashays away. The look on KJS's face is just, how shall I say, like a man whose not sure what he did but senses that it was something wrong. Puzzled, confused and not too happy about it. Loved it! This is LJJ in his element. I am fallin in love with this man!

whoa, HDG gave it back to him nicely when he saw her being hugged by that utterly useless ex-schoolmate. I can just hear KJS's inward groan and the effort he seemed to have to make to look cool as he walked on when all he must have wanted to do was stop to find out who the man was and what he was doing hugging HDG. This was a beautiful scene!

By the way, I agree with kyotoji that airport security officer (last photo on the left) that was with KHJ/LJW watching the monitor is really good looking too. New actor? haven't seen him before. I am tuning in next week for sure. At least I'm going to sleep happy tonight. Good night all!

Guest 7875

handsomeyx7.jpg

AirCity04_023.jpg

beside LJJ / LJW...he is no.3 about handsome. Me and Wrblee agree from the very begining that this guy look great !!! I didn't even know what is his name in this drama....by the way....I think supporting male in AC all look nice...ha ha ha

This one also cute !!

AirCity04_007.jpg

Guest apple red

Wow..what a long post everybody made.

I have to read one by one and remind the poster of every post.

I kinda agree with ripgal regarding the difference between LJJ/KJS and CJW/HDG's character. I thought that HDG will be like an usual cold ice lady. Hard to deal with, stubborn and strong on the outside, but very soft, pity inside. And later on people round her will grabbed her and see the ouside world. But after watching 6 eps, i dont think that's HDG want to describe by the PD. HDG probably a boring character, but she keeps trying her best to be something she want to be. She show it when she rejected KHJ's help to paint the bird on the runway. Later on KHJ back with bunch of people to help her and she thanks him not to let her do the painting alone. (some stubborn will keep reject the offer), and she cant help but saying to him what bothering her today. Love the scenes, i think KHJ won her trust on this departement.

And i agree with Ellabel, to say the relationship between HDG and KJS is platonic are understatement. That intense gaze was the prove. Another moment was the jealous look on his stare when he saw the hugging moment. At first, he cant believe what he saw...gosh is that HDG he knew ? Better to stare aaway, but he's gaze back to the scene and now with different gaze. He was a bit mad and jealous. (I think his eyes talking like "she threated me that cold and give me a very distance eyes, but looks what is she doing right now. WHo's that man anyway :sweatingbullets: )I still stand on my opinion that KJS still on confuse. He's curious about HDG, what kind a woman she is, but he kept linging to SMW.

Anyway back to more important things, I'm wondering if the reason KJS loved Dr SMW is because, aside from the fact she is educated and capable, she looks so stable, down-to-earth, rational, non-threatening, pleasantly pretty and good wife material kind of way (loosely translated = "dull doormat") for the apparently conventional and old-fashioned KJS. Can imagine them settling down with a house and kids and all. How to compare her with HDG who is like whoaaa!! Like the guy doesn't know what hit him. HDG is way out of his league in the romance department obviously, so maybe that's why KJS is always staring at HDG. She's like no one he ever met before! He's drawn to her coz she's completely opposite to Dr SMW. With that haughty, go-ahead-make-my-day aloofness, he's just gotta take a closer look at HDG...can't blame the man!

I agree with Hanihash statement above

She's a stable, down to earth rational, non threatening and so on kind of woman. You can imagine a house with beatifull garden and her on the kitchen staring her hubby playing around with the kids on the garden. I have to say she's anti HDG (not in a bad way though). And KJS is a old fashioned (judging from his own words, once you betrayed, no more 2nd chance). Iam not sure how the writers and PD will deal with the difference of HDG and KJS.

Anyway, iam still HDG and KJS shipper :w00t: , though i dont think KJS-SMW and HDG-KHJ is a bad choice. I can feel the happiness and goofy KHJ to comfort HDG and a stable SMW on KJS side. But i cant help to think that while beside SMW, KJS cant help what HDG's doing at this moment, and while laughing with KHJ and lean on his shoulder, HDG cant help to think about KJS <_<

Last but not least, CJW's english..hahaha..yeah, that's the impression i got also. But i give her credit to try. I remember back then she learned English at USA for 3 months after WLS making. But probably her pronouncation still lack of practise so it's not very clear to heard. I dont worry about that, because as Schumacher fans, sometimes i think that he spoke with Germany language during pers conference, while in fact he spoke English :lol: ..

*i think we'll see Hongkong scene on next eps...whoaaa..cant wait*

Guest cathycasi21

CJW's english isn't bad...well it wasn't bad in the first episode. I haven't watched the other episodes yet. Can't blame a girl for trying though. She did have to memorize 5 different languages plus she had to memorize her own lines. I think that's pretty impressive if you ask me. I am loving Air City so far. It's probably the first kdrama action I've seen.

Guest 7875

Friend !!! I've some question regarding English Sub title for Episode 3. Did anybody have same problem as me ? I use the OSP version...and it's smoothly untill 52 mins. After 52 mins onward all of them not syncronize at all....but no problem for the Ental version. Kindly confirm if any of you've same problem. :sweatingbullets:

anyway really very apprechiate for the speedy of English Sub.

PS. taking about JW's English....I think she has lots lots improvement !!! I know some word kinda difficult to understand but.....what to do it's not her mother tongue but I did see....she try her very best for all that scenes.....and I aprrechiate coz it's not bad at all.....JW fighting !!!!!

Friend !!! I've some question regarding English Sub title for Episode 3. Did anybody have same problem as me ? I use the OSP version...and it's smoothly untill 52 mins. After 52 mins onward all of them not syncronize at all....but no problem for the Ental version. Kindly confirm if any of you've same problem. :sweatingbullets:

anyway really very apprechiate for the speedy of English Sub.

PS. taking about JW's English....I think she has lots lots improvement !!! I know some word kinda difficult to understand but.....what to do it's not her mother tongue but I did see....she try her very best for all that scenes.....and I aprrechiate coz it's not bad at all.....JW fighting !!!!!

Yes, I explained this already over at d-addicts. For OSP version, there's a glitch around 52:25

And someone in DA already posted the subs for it. So, if you want to keep this version, just redownload the subs, and it should be fine ^^ Check out d-addicts for the link.

(I'll update it on the first post too later on)

Guest 7875

Yes, I explained this already over at d-addicts. For OSP version, there's a glitch around 52:25

And someone in DA already posted the subs for it. So, if you want to keep this version, just redownload the subs, and it should be fine ^^ Check out d-addicts for the link.

(I'll update it on the first post too later on)

Thanks ay_link....I did re-load the sub withglitch....Thank for your advise. :rolleyes:

Archived