[drama 2005] Lovers In Praque 프라하의 연인

Luv

Guest wahyuna

hello..i've just started watching this drama and really loved it. does anyone know any non-clubbox link that i can download this drama from. i tried the ones on page 106 i think, but they're not working..furthermore i can't read korean..thanks in advance..

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest doremi54

Watching it on local tv, the two main leads are great together but I see they're starting to move to the sad stuff now. I hope they do the sad stuff better than lip.

PS Is the girl's driver/body guard really her brother?

No...he's just her bodyguard... :) But she wants to hide the fact that she's the president's daughter so she told SH that he's her brother...

Watching it on local tv, the two main leads are great together but I see they're starting to move to the sad stuff now. I hope they do the sad stuff better than lip.

No, Yoon Jae-Hee's body guard cum driver is not her real brother. Her brother is Goon-Hee the handsome student who lives together with their father, the President of South Korea in their presidential home.

Frankly, as I watched this drama, I am feeling a bit drenched out with some of the typical scenarios. Currently watching episode 14 and am not in the mood to watch the "heartache scenes" especially for poor Jae-Hee after SPOILERS Young-Woo took a plunge into committing suicide in front of JH, his father and brother and she has to endure the pain of knowing the truth.... :tears::tears:

Guest doremi54

No...he's just her bodyguard... :) But she wants to hide the fact that she's the president's daughter so she told SH that he's her brother...

Hehe, thank you. I wondered when the poor guy was so worried about getting fired.

Frankly, as I watched this drama, I am feeling a bit drenched out with some of the typical scenarios.

Don't you just hate those?

Guest bluem00n

i'm currently watching this right now.. so far so good.

anyone knows who's the actor that plays as jae hee's brother? he's so cute. :lol:

oops.. nevermind. i saw it at the previous page.

Guest lunae

Currently downloading and playing in my country's national tv *cool!!* At start it's kinda slow-ish, but when JDY starts to pursue KHJ hehe...She's funny!

@Felicia- the spoiler... OMG. Cant believe it....:'(

Don't you just hate those?

I don’t hate these scenarios because this is how a typical Korean Drama will appear…. but I just got tired of it after watching too many K-dramas.

Personally, I don’t really like scenes of a girl desperately pursuing a guy despite being rejected few times…..call me an old-fashioned ajummah but I think the script writer went too far with her ideas on how to attract the guy. Can you imagine Jae-Hee standing outside the male hwachang (toilet) for at least half an hour (I may be wrong on the timing) just to catch him or the scene where she spied closely at the restaurant checking the number of Police Officers dropping by to have their meals??? :rolleyes: Aigoooo....even her bodyguard got pissed off with her~~ and to make him disguise as her brother!! :w00t: Similarly, while watching another Taiwanese drama….(It started with a kiss), the female lead was chasing the guy from the beginning of the story until god knows when ….I decided to stop watching because I can’t expect a young girl wasting all her time (following practically everything he does….like going to the same Uni, joining the same club, stalking him whenever she sees him especially when he dates other girls….…etc. etc….). I know this kind of drama may appeal to many teenagers and perhaps I am of a different generation.....mianneh. Just my opinion.... :blush:

Currently downloading and playing in my country's national tv *cool!!* At start it's kinda slow-ish, but when JDY starts to pursue KHJ hehe...She's funny!

actually like Felicia , who calls herself an old fashioned ajummah , i dun really fancy seeing the girl chasing the guy , esp when JDY here is of a much better status than KJH , but i really like seeing her face when she blushes or when she's just so excited doing all those silly things just to see him ! :lol:

actually like Felicia , who calls herself an old fashioned ajummah , i dun really fancy seeing the girl chasing the guy , esp when JDY here is of a much better status than KJH , but i really like seeing her face when she blushes or when she's just so excited doing all those silly things just to see him ! :lol:

Yeah! Despite ranting, I love JDY and KJH and for that reasons I shall pick up from where I last stop...(pausing for a break coz I couldn't take too many heart-aching scenes...and watching The Lawyers was not much of a help too).. :tears:

Yep....I couldn't understand how being a President's daughter, she can move in with KJH...(aren't she supposed to have a PA or chaperone whenever she goes or to give her advices or someone to report her activities?? I was a bit stunned on watching some of the "overlooked" scenes. :rolleyes: Some of the cute scenes (and her outings with KJH) actually if photographed by paparazzis will create unnecessary embarrassment to her father. B) Oopps! Don't mean to sound so negative and my apology, if I have revealed too much.... :vicx:

Guest adikkeluangman

Watching this drama now. Although in Mandarin. Need to ask for friends if they have this in VCD. Been 2 days since I started to read everything in this thread. On TV is episode 10 but read here it actually episod 7/8.

Watching this drama now. Although in Mandarin. Need to ask for friends if they have this in VCD. Been 2 days since I started to read everything in this thread. On TV is episode 10 but read here it actually episod 7/8.

Guest lunae

Finally finished LiPraha yesterday~~Aigoooo.... what a reaaaalllll pleasure watching this drama!! ^^ I love the witty dialogues, and JDY and KJH have lotsalotsa chemistry and Praha is absolutely breathtaking. Really make me look forward for the 3rd installment of LiEurope

The drama also introduce a new dimension of love, which are the first love may be the sweetest love, but unnecessarily the true love. Another is hehe.... it's NOT WRONG for the laydee to make the first move!!:) AJA GIRLS!!

KMJ's character is the mostest I pity in all drama I ever watched (till now). 5 years of longing and love just gone like that... the father going to jail... losing his half of his hearing... It's a total relief he's not broken, but instead trying to get over it all coolly

I hope the 3rd lovers will also features a charismatic man such of Park Shin Yang and Kim Joo Hyuk... <333 I really love KJH's voice, it's real deep and full with emotion :) Undeniably, the drama is superb and the OST is super duper good! Milujute~~ Lovers in Prague *^^*

Guest YeeKrfan

I hope the 3rd lovers will also features a charismatic man such of Park Shin Yang and Kim Joo Hyuk... <333 I really love KJH's voice, it's real deep and full with emotion :) Undeniably, the drama is superb and the OST is super duper good! Milujute~~ Lovers in Prague *^^*

Aint we lucky, Kim Joo Hyuk is going to star in the 3rd drama - LOVERS!!! with Kim Ha Neul...wowowow! :w00t:

Kim Ha Neul (28) and Kim Joo Hyuk (34) are selected to lead the drama “Lovers (??)” scheduled to be aired by SBS in September. The PD and the script writer of this drama are the duo Shin Woo Chul and Kim Eun Sook (???, ???) who have collaborated on “Lovers in Paris” and “Lovers in Prague”, and this drama is the third drama of the “Lovers” series. The representative of SBS states, “We have decided to invite KJH and KHN to lead this drama. Currently, we are negotiating contracts with them. We expect to see their good performances.” The storylines are based on the 1998 movie “A Promise (??)” starring Park Shin Yang and Jun Do Yun. However, the original violent portion of gang activities in the movie will be excluded so that TV viewers could enjoy watching this light-hearted comical drama.

A Promise (1998 Movie)

This film, directed by Kim Yoo-Jin, was the top grossing Korean feature of 1998. It attracted roughly 720,000 viewers in Seoul alone, outgrossing such films as Godzilla, Lethal Weapon 4 and Deep Impact by a significant margin. Overall it was the 5th highest grossing film in 1998.

A Promise features two actors who starred in similarly popular films in 1997: Park Shin-yang (The Letter) and Jeon Do-yeon (The Contact). In this film, Jeon Do-yeon is a doctor who is called upon to treat a severely injured gang leader. After her initial indignation at the special treatment he receives, she begins to fall in love with him, and the two begin what would seem to be a doomed relationship.

Melodrama has long been the dominant genre in Korean popular cinema, and A Promise makes use of this tradition while exercising a bit more restraint than 1997's biggest feature, The Letter. The marketing of this film relied heavily on references to successful melodramas from past years, and was also closely tied to a remake of a song by Air Supply, "Goodbye", sung by Korean pop star Jessica. The success of this song no doubt added to the film's popularity, just as a rerelease of Sarah Vaughn's "Lovers' Concerto" propelled the 1997 feature The Contact into public consciousness.

A Promise more than anything else is shaped around the character of the doctor; a bright, confident woman who demands as much from her relationship as she is willing to put into it. The performance given by Jeon Do-yeon is, in my opinion, the main factor in this film's popular success. In return, the film has made her into one of the industry's most recognized and biggest new stars.      (Darcy Paquet)

It sure look promising and reaallly looking forward to the LOVERS!! The two stars for "A Promise" are the same for the Lovers Trilogy series really coincidence or fated like k-dramas!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest doremi54

Hi, what is the secret that the evil dad told the girl? I might have missed it somewhere. Can anyone tell me? So confused now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mokka16

Is this a good drama to watch it? i heard it's good, but i don't know. anyone wanna teel me if its good or not?

Guest noonar

Hello, all

I 'm noonar ... :)

I 'm one who like Lovers in Prague a lot. Even the main actress / actor are not so much handsome or not so much beauty but it is good story, romantic. everybody show a good performance. I love it all.

I Just watch esp 12-14 Finished recently. But I don't understand a scence that president met YW's father in the special restuarant ( esp 12-14, I can't remember which is esp ?)

That scense, father 's YW told president about a relationship between YW+JH in prague. After listened the president a lot angry to his daughter. The president complaint to JH , It seem that she make the present disappointed because she act very bad in Prague.

He a lot angry because JH and YW stay in hotel in Prague together. ( I means, may be they had sex , right ? )

If not ! why the president so angry to JH. Later JH angry to YW because she think YW told this secret story in a past 5 years to his father, later his bad father told president! like look down the family of president.

Please help me , Or anyone know please make me a cystle clear what really happen ?

Thanks in advance .

Is this a good drama to watch it? i heard it's good, but i don't know. anyone wanna teel me if its good or not?

Dear Mokka 16

It good .... I love this story a lot, Romantic story. Even main actress and actor are not so handsome or beuaty but they good play.

After you watch you will love all of them , a poor police man and a president daugther. They are a cute couple.

Guest noonar

My question as post above I means scense below;

How does your father know about you and me being in a hotel together

How do they means ? ...Does it concern sex ? because they were together in a hotel ???

4:00, The President runs into YW’ dad at a restaurant. (Partial summary)

His blood pressure is 160/90, which is a little high. His doctor suggests avoiding spicy food and decreasing salt in his diet. Talking about food reminds the President of a restaurant that he and his friend used to frequent often. And there in the same restaurant, he runs into Young-woo’s father(the jerk). While eating, the President tells him that recently he met the jerk’s son. The jerk in turn tells the President that he met the daughter. He praised the daughter and tells the President that his son and Jae-hee would make a good couple. The President asks the jerk, if they make a good couple, he wonders why the jerk objected their meeting five years ago. The jerk laughs and tries to make light of it by saying that his son must have said all kinds of things to him. President then tells the jerk that his son also told him about the debt that he was unaware of. President tells the jerk, “I believe you know more about the debt than anyone.” The jerk replies, “You also owe ME a debt.”

President: That’s not possible.

Jerk: Since you met my son and all, it would seem pointless to try to hide it now.

I found out that you have raised your daughter in a very free-spirited way.

Even abroad, a daughter of a prominent politician shouldn’t frequent hotel like it was her home. I’ve kept that a secret, so you owe me a debt as well.

Pres: You should’ve had no reason to keep that a secret.

Jerk: I’ve kept that a secret because of my son’s wish to protect the woman he loves and her father. I didn’t think divulging that secret would’ve benefited then-candidate Yoon Jung-han at all. You don’t have to make this matter so complicated.

Whatever a man did, he just needs to take responsibility for his action.

38:12, the President is back in his office, and Jae-hee comes in.

JH: Dad! You are home early.

Dad tells her, “I must have raised you wrong. Up until now I wasn’t sure whether to believe you or Ji Geung-hwan [the jerk]. But I see that you smile in front of your father, even after spending the night at a guy’s house.

JH: Dad!

Dad: What more do I have to know about you? What more do I have know in order to prevent hearing how I have not raised you properly? Why do I have to listen to the whispers of how you frequented hotel with a man? I don’t think I can believe you anymore.

39:36, Jae-hee confronts Young-woo in his apartment.

JH: I came to thank you.

YW: What?

JH: Thank you.. for leaving me like that five years ago.

I really thank you for not coming back.

YW: What is this? Why are you doing this without giving me any clues as to what’s going on?

JH: I.. have never regretted loving you. While we were together, I’ve loved you plenty; while I was waiting for you, I’ve missed you like crazy; and when you left, I felt as guilty as a criminal. But now, I can’t stand the times we have spent together.

YW: For you now, weren’t they irrelevant times anyway? Why are you doing this now?

JH: Because up until yesterday, I didn’t know.

Because, I’ve had no idea that you were the evil son.

YW: What?

JH: How does your father know about us?

How does your father know about something that only you and I know?

How does your father know about you and me being in a hotel together?

YW: You met my father?

JH: I would’ve preferred it, if you had at least tried to explain it to me first.

My father met him. He told my father that. That you and I were in a hotel together.

You told me once, didn’t you? That you are like your father.

But that’s not true. You are not like your father.

Guest Rachel Lee.

kimjoohyuk is too cute. i liked lovers in paris better, but this was good too.

since it's supposed to be the second of three, when's the third one coming out? is there going to be a third one?

Lovers In Prague is v good! i was hesitating abt watching it cause the leads don't really look too gd on the cover. but i decided to give it a try in the end & i got hooked! JDY & KJH r very good! JDY is soooo cute in the show too! the OST is pretty gd too!

i've just finished epi 14 & i can't wait for more! :D

Archived