Quantcast
bella321

Who reall had the BEST song ever as solo artists?

I like Yonghwa (Of CNBLUE) solo album (rather old) entitled "Do Disturb", it features my favourite song "That Girl"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXRl8NR5OaI

and Leo's (vixx) solo album (Canvas) is very good, I like "Touch and Sketch" and more even "Free Tempo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLD1pM74C5Y

• Like 1

My first drama was years ago, watching Iris. I was stuck in a VA hospital, and chanced upon a new service called Viki. When I saw the drama, I was impressed with the production level, I thought it would have been equivalent to foreign dramas I remember in the 90's. But the one song I remember was Baek Ji Yung's fantastic "Don't Forget Me" song. It was so good that a few years later I was invited to a Karaoke in LA at the Brass Monkey in the Korean district on Wilshire. I actually went to sing the song, but I had created English lyrics to the song so I wouldn't muddle the iconic renditioon that Ji Yung presented. So what I had done was to take the lyrics and create them in English, not just a literal translation, but a translation that matched the cadence of Ji Yung's soulful contribution.

(An aside, would that be considered cultural appropriation? If so, let me know.)

I still sounded like a 55 year old goofy male, but it went over so well that I had my next two drinks bought by some very nice ladies. All was good. :)